Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not like anyone would weep for the Night Elves regaining their lands anyway, since they made everything to make the Horde so despicable in this affair, but the fact that they are still forcing the faction conflict by having the land still being in the same situation that at the beggining is really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This book isn't exactly great at showing the Horde as noble or whatever core they are supposed to represent though, it shows them as cruel and uncaring savages who are too dumb to fully comprehend why anyone would hate them.
    Then it's accurate to what the games have been showing for twenty years. Funnier still, that reflects a lot of the Horde playerbase who can't grasp it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Goblins will always be the little green, crafty and greedy punks of Warcraft, the average orc will always be seen as a blackblood savage by the humans and the average human will always be a puny pinkskin to a mighty orcish warrior of the Horde. This is Warcraft and no amount of protesting or Blizzard pulling their books can change this.

Warcraft was dark, yet cartoony all the same. Inspired by some of the greatest and most popular works of fiction and ancient mythology, there was nothing to not like about it.
    there is no war in ba sing se

As much as this book is bait and wastepaper, that wowhead article is garbage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    As much as this book is bait and wastepaper, that wowhead article is garbage lol
    Nothing wrong with people raising issues about potential cultural sensitivities in fiction.

I take issue with the article because it attempts to frame its viewpoint as fact rather than opinion. Especially when some of its conclusions are questionably drawn together.

And also because they disabled the comments essentially meaning they don't actually want discussion. Which is not the correct way to go about this type of thing.

People who look at the goblins in wow and associate them with Jews are the same people who start their sentences with "I'm not racist/homophobic/sexist, but..."

So yeah, whoever wrote that article on wowhead is "not an antisemite, but..." If you see some bad qualities in a fantasy world and immediately attribute them to a certain group in the real world, while there is absolutely zero connection, then yeah, something is not quite right.

Goblins are "inspired" by the modern big industry, which doesn't care about nature, or safety, or regulations, or their workers, or anything else, only thing it cares about is the profit. Goblins in WarCraft had shredders since forever, is deforestation a stereotypical Jewish trait? Even in the book, they are not poisoning the water intentionally, in bad faith. The poisoning is a by-product of their other activities, it has nothing at all in common with the stereotype about Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    First of all, this only keep bringing back the fact that they are portraying the horde as a bunch of savages who cannot read or write, only a few people, if, they are taught by the "major races"

Zekhan is young enough to be born in the echo islands where the horde was being established, trolls don't grow slow like humans, nevertheless, anyone from the darkspear or from orgrimmar could have taught him, that is a matter of fact, he is a shaman, he learned how to be a shaman from other shamans, they could not even teach the dude how to read?, unless of course, everyone is a dumbass, even the shamans, and can't teach what they don't know.

It.make.no.fucking.sense a blood elf teaching a troll how to write and read, troll or orcish, that are, the main languages of the horde.

This would only make sense if Someone had taught him common, so he could speak with the alliance races, (not lorthemar, because he is a leader, he i not supposed to have time to do that, even Thrall knew common, Baine, why it ahve to b Lorthemar?) but the book does not show that.

The book is obnoxious, who wrote have no idea how the Horde works, completely ignores the fact that orcish is the main language and trolls would know that and their own language, the book precisely makes look like Zekhan is a primitive who need to be taught the basics from the elf leader.
    He was born in a small village on the Echo Islands. Right there starts out with him less likely to have the best education. Second he's an orphan which takes the chance he got an amazing education and drops it even lower. Third there are constant wars meaning his knowledge is going to be even more limited. And fourth it doesn't state he doesn't know what the fuck erosion is just Lorthemar's word for it. How often do you use the word erosion in real life? Now ask yourself how often you hear it from another language. What are the odds an orphaned noob shaman would know the orcish or Thalassian word for erosion?

Shaman's communicate with the spirits and elements spiritually. And given the fact that 99% of Shamans don't know Kalimag it's safe to assume they aren't teaching college courses on unnecessary shit for the job. The majority of teaching is on the job training and now he gots a new job which is why he's learning new shit.

You make it sound like motherfuckers go to highschool and shit lol. You know how dumb the average human in real life is now let alone back in the day? What makes you think average joes in Org would be wearing top hats and monocles learning every facet of life?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-12-13 at 05:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You make it sound like motherfuckers go to highschool and shit lol. You know how dumb the average human in real life is now let alone back in the day? What makes you think average joes in Org would be wearing top hats and monocles learning every facet of life?
    This is a really important part, from all appearances education comes from family structures in pretty much every culture in wow, we have a bunch of examples of characters learning from there Parents but never once a mention or any structured schooling for youths baring royals.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Burning Books when?

Do we forgot that censoring based on racial things or anything else has been tried and led to fasciscm?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    there is no war in ba sing se
    What I think whenever an article about imaginary racism in Warcraft pops up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Burning Books when?
    The torches have burned Blizzandria down a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Goblins are "inspired" by the modern big industry, which doesn't care about nature, or safety, or regulations, or their workers, or anything else, only thing it cares about is the profit. Goblins in WarCraft had shredders since forever, is deforestation a stereotypical Jewish trait? Even in the book, they are not poisoning the water intentionally, in bad faith. The poisoning is a by-product of their other activities, it has nothing at all in common with the stereotype about Jews.
    This is what I said about derailing the thread: I agree with you but knowing that, when the writers then insert a very specific well-poisoning storyline, you have to assume they're doing it intentionally, which is what the wowhead page is about if you had actually read it.

This is what I said about derailing the thread: I agree with you but knowing that, when the writers then insert a very specific well-poisoning storyline, you have to assume they're doing it intentionally, which is what the wowhead page is about if you had actually read it.
    Anybody who knows their lore is aware of the fact that was already pointed out in the "As Our Fathers Before Us" short story, where Garrosh demanded that Baine increases his water deliveries from Mulgore to Durotar, because Orcs can no longer use the Southfury Watershed as the Goblins industrious actions in Durotar / Azshara have poisoned the water and thus made it unuseable for drinking.

This is not a writer recently making this up, this is established lore.

But for some reason, WoWhead page excludes this tiny detail, because doing a basic research is not necessary when talking about highly controversial elements and especially when it blends in with politics.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-12-13 at 06:50 PM.

I have no idea what happened to Wowhead, but this "editorial" presented as fact, not an opinion, with the closed comments (be they shitstorm or not) is a change I really do not enjoy. This is not the worst attempt at finding racism/antisemitism I have seen, but it is quite high up.

As for the book itself - holy jesus what a status quo. I really want to look at those people who keep insisting Blizzard's storytelling is fine. We are back to Cata, yay?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Read the Wowhead Article(s) on the book, not getting the book myself but the articles were pure garbage. This community has been infected bad by a certain group of people and Warcraft is just going to die because of it.

I'm a bit out of the loop with all the news regarding the lore, do we have a similar update highlight thread of the EK book?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Anybody who knows their lore is aware of the fact that was already pointed out in the "As Our Fathers Before Us" short story, where Garrosh demanded that Baine increases his water deliveries from Mulgore to Durotar, because Orcs can no longer use the Southfury Watershed as the Goblins industrious actions in Durotar / Azshara have poisoned the water and thus made it unuseable for drinking.

This is not a writer recently making this up, this is established lore.

But for some reason, WoWhead page excludes this tiny detail, because doing a basic research is not necessary when talking about highly controversial elements and especially when it blends in with politics.
    Also the article seems to ignore that gnomes are portrayed fairly similarly.

There's very few gnome settlements in WoW compared to goblins but almost all of them display them polluting and disrupting the environment. Area outside of Gnomeregan is toxic and irradiated. Oil spill in Borean Tundra polluting local wildlife. Mechagnon being a literal trash heap with toxic sludge accumulating in the water supply. The narrative overall seems to be that unchecked technological progress is reckless and bad for the environment. Goblins are simply more extreme than gnomes when it comes to it.

It's sad how Azeroth lore simple doesn't move further. I mean most things in these books are not status quo from Cataclysm but all the way back in Vanilla, nearly 20 years ago...

Like, WTF?!?!

Creativity bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I'm a bit out of the loop with all the news regarding the lore, do we have a similar update highlight thread of the EK book?
    That one came out a while ago. The most interesting tidbits were really just the location of Terenas' crown as well as Shaw and Flynn being a couple.

Mostly it was like the Kalimdor one that was mostly talking about how everything was staying like it always had, with the most important lore tidbits being what is happening with the Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Also the article seems to ignore that gnomes are portrayed fairly similarly.

There's very few gnome settlements in WoW compared to goblins but almost all of them display them polluting and disrupting the environment. Area outside of Gnomeregan is toxic and irradiated. Oil spill in Borean Tundra polluting local wildlife. Mechagnon being a literal trash heap with toxic sludge accumulating in the water supply. The narrative overall seems to be that unchecked technological progress is reckless and bad for the environment. Goblins are simply more extreme than gnomes when it comes to it.
    Gnomes don't have the baggage of tracing its writing roots to antisemitic stereotypes.

Gnomes are also horrible in many ways, but predominantly it's better at showing them on a positive light, whereas Goblins in WoW are shown as greedy and more overtly destructive.

Goblins are overblown nerd culture, Goblins are a combo of hypercapitalism and insanity.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

All we do is crap on warcraft's writing & its sharp decline but the instant someone is like 'this bit is sus in a racist way' you all turn into the biggest blizzard simps. Its wild to see on a daily basis.

All we do is crap on warcraft's writing & its sharp decline but the instant someone is like 'this bit is sus in a racist way' you all turn into the biggest blizzard simps. Its wild to see on a daily basis.
    Today we learned that finding a criticism invalid is simping in SJW Land. Meanwhile, back in reality, it's pretty normal to reject criticisms that don't apply or are wildly exaggerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/