Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Male Night Elf Faces Coming in the Next PTR Build

New Male Night Elf Faces Coming in the Next PTR Build
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello!

The menacing scowl has been a customization option for male Night Elves since the launch of World of Warcraft. Back in the Warlords of Draenor expansion, the Night Elves had their character models updated and that’s when we updated the 3 menacing scowl faces to be the somewhat less menacing faces that you see today.

We looked into the number of male Night Elves that players have created with those faces and we found that they aren’t as popular as the other face selections. We agreed with your feedback that having 3 of the 9 faces with the scowling mouth may be hindering your face options, so we have copied these scowling faces and added a more natural posed mouth as 3 new face options for you to choose from in Eternity’s End.

We understand that there’s a long history with these male Night Elf faces, so we would love to know what you think. To help visualize the changes, the three new face options should be available for testing in this week’s PTR build.

Blizz actually showing some care to Male Nelf models?

What alternate universe did I fall into?

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Blizz actually showing some care to Male Nelf models?

What alternate universe did I fall into?
    Yeah, pinch me for I may be asleep.

Finally some good news (unironically)

I wish they'd give pandaren some love.

How about they fix their caveman body shape and posture while they're at it?

To be honest, when I created my first night elf back in late vanilla/early TBC I thought that was a mustache and not a scowled face showing teeth.
    Last edited by Adrian292; 2021-12-13 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I think that posture is intentional to show the Nelf/troll relationship and to give them a more “savage” look.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty cool. I never really dug the scowls either, but glad they decided to not get rid of them and replace them and instead just add more. That's what I like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I think that posture is intentional to show the Nelf/troll relationship and to give them a more “savage” look.
    Pretty sure even Zandalari Trolls have better posture than Nelves.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I was thinking the same thing. I know a lot of people don't like the OG Male Night elfs but they had way better posture.
    I'm not sure what they were thinking with the updated model posture... It doesn't look savage at all, eithey way they are elves, not trolls.

Okay TROLL fans can we start vocalizing the need for beards and mossy-green skin ASAP?

I'm having a hard time believing my eyes, but.. they're... listening..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Better they fix the ugly running animation. Roll back to the classic one at least. She was miles ahead of the crap that have came into.

Good to see they're doing intermittent work on customization rather than waiting to just address things in batches every few years. Hopefully its a trend they keep up.

Now if they can also reduce the length of their arms and the size of their hands. And improve the goofy animations...

Night Elf Mohawk or riot! (unless they already added it in, haven't really kept up with customization options)

Pretty sure even Zandalari Trolls have better posture than Nelves.
    being introduced as a strong, intelligent and interesting culture with interesting characters in your debut game only to be continuously watered down, defanged and turned into purple high elves is going to do some damage to a once proud posture. just be thankful they're not permanently staring at their own feet

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    Night Elf Mohawk or riot! (unless they already added it in, haven't really kept up with customization options)
    Its been in for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Better they fix the ugly running animation. Roll back to the classic one at least. She was miles ahead of the crap that have came into.
    They need to fix that godawful "bounce" male Night Elves do when idle, terrible rigging for that animation set.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I wish they'd give pandaren some love.
    yeah need a way bigger and longer tail option