Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    My realm isn't dead. I see tons of people all over the place and that is steady whether at a patch launch or 6 months after.
    Can you confirm, that they don't have * after their names?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by HansLolo View Post
    Update:
    I've turned off WM - and there are people everywhere, during all the times. I really can't tell difference between SL and earlier expacs in terms of activities(all the way back to classic - despite how SL is doing). My thought was if people were gone - it seems like there are much less people with WM on.

I'm happy and enjoying it very much
    ok. you definetely have not my view of things.

you can join us in EU, between 1am and 7am (i play often at night). on alliance side, open PUG tool, go to dungeons, and enter „16“ you will get 2-4 entries of some m+15 m+16 or m+17 dungeon. with russian, portugeese, spanish, french, english all activated. horde side its around factor2 -> 4-8 entries. and PvP ? after 1am ? lol, completely empty.

since i play wow since 16 years without interruption, let me tell you what happened the last 1-2-3 years, or even in Legion, instead: do the same as above and get around 20-30 entries on alliance and 40-50 entries on horde.

so: playing at night is a bit like watching wow player numbers under a microscope. you quickly see the difference. and i cant say it feels „same full as always“ when 20-50 entries down to 2-8. no sir, i can definetely not agree to you. sorry.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-12-14 at 10:51 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    As a solo player, I've suffered from Vanilla-nostalgia-like PTSD, on a lower scale, for so many times. What do I mean ? Well, in the past 3-4years I had been quiting this game so often but then, after some time, those rose tinted glass start appearing on my eyes out of nowhere.
    I always quit the game because of being dissapointed, not because "lack of content", "content drought" etc. But every time I quit, after 2-3-12 months, I always "forget" why I quitted, maybe they resolved the issues, maybe I was wrong, maybe maybe maybe, so I end up catching up and then hit the same wall of WAITING to PLAY.

I mean, I would play this game with all classes, in arena 2s, but, even after 9.1.5, I still find ALTs not being friendly at all. Getting a covenant to 80 is easy, but then you start to hit the honor grind wall, and that would not be a problem if the queues for this game would be like 2-3mins, but I can't be asked to wait for a bg a minimum of 20mins.

Then, if you somehow get passed the honor farm, you hit the wall of LFG 20-30mins in queue, to play. There is no other game that I have played in my life, that forces me to waist so much time just so I can start playing the game.

In Overwatch, Dota2, Fortnite, Warzone, CoD, Battlefield you hit the queue button and you are in game in ~2mins.

I really wish WoW would stop, just so I can "be free", and just so those devs can have some time to reflect on how bad they are, when they think that you can mantain WoW in the same level you did 16 years ago, when we used it also as a social part, while runnin in circles on top of Orgrimmar bank while spamming LFM in /2 for 30-60mins.

I'm sure, there are people still enjoying the game, playing with friends or in healthy guilds, but just as the OP suggests, even those guilds are running thin.
    I feel sorry for you dude, I used to be like you. But after I quit I realized how bad and outdated WoW truly is. I wish I quit way sooner, there are honestly so many better games out there who doesnt waste your time but keeps you constantly engaged. The amount of time ive wasted sitting in Org makes me wish I never started to play WoW in the first place. I thought i could never enjoy other games. WoW keeps the player hostage. I highly recommend trying new games even if you think you wont like it. There are games out there for absolutely everyone, even WoW players, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    My realm isn't dead. I see tons of people all over the place and that is steady whether at a patch launch or 6 months after.
    damn. where are all these tons of people? at least i just cant find them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Thanks for the update, Bellular. I especially like how you accounted for China with those numbers. (You know, China, the place where Blizzard's APIs don't pick up player activity. Not like that'd matter, right?) Any other pointless figures you'd like to toss out which have nothing to do with the subject of the thread?
    You must be one of those guys that steal breast milk

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    You must be one of those guys that steal breast milk
    I'm not -- but it could be worse: I could be somebody who hangs around a message board for a game I quit providing unsolicited advice to people about how to quit a game that I definitely don't let live rent-free in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    "People are gone" thread title and active players is totally on point.

Do you have anything more uninteresting to say, or can you admit defeat and just move on ?
    OP was talking about how he couldn't see people with WM on. Everybody and their mother has intentionally misinterpreted the purpose of the OP's post to give unsolicited opinions about how "dead" the game is like anybody should care.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    3.7 millions accounts bought SL.

1.7 million characters were recently active according to wowrealmpopulation.

When you factor in multiboxing gold farmers, and players playing 2 to 3 characters per account , even without official figures, it's easy to see there is a huge dip.
    I'm not sure we should take much notice of that site, seeing as it lists several high population realms as having 0 active players.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    I highly recommend trying new games even if you think you wont like it. There are games out there for absolutely everyone, even WoW players, believe me.
    Depends on each person's personal taste filters.

I don't enjoy ultra mega visual spells like those in FF, Desert Online.

I can't enjoy games that don't have the simple jump ability (LineAge, Guild Wars 1, Rainbow six siege, etc.)

I don't enjoy games that are single players, it feels like going into a disco and being all alone. Sure, there are and will be good stories created, but after seeing so many stories, so many cliches, so many stereotypes, it doesn't offer any pleasure anymore. AND without real players arround me, it really makes me feel alone and eager to go play something with both story and multiplayer, and Fortnite is a great example.

I don't enjoy playing a game ... like wow, that requires 3/4 of my free time just so I can start having fun and play the part I love for 1/4. This is the reason I can't get into Destiny 2, cba to start leveling, just to play some Crucibles. I enjoyed Destiny 1's PvP, but cba to redo the PVE/leveling part.

Games like Overwatch, Fortnite, Warzone, CoD, Battlefield, Hearthstone, Dota 2, LoL, CSGO, Apex, etc. are games with fast queue times, short time matches, pure gameplay that you love.

Haven't played WoW since
    Account Status: Inactive; Last Played: 30 Nov 2021

So if you have examples, I am happy to see if I have been missing anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Depends on each person's personal taste filters.

I don't enjoy ultra mega visual spells like those in FF, Desert Online.

I can't enjoy games that don't have the simple jump ability (LineAge, Guild Wars 1, Rainbow six siege, etc.)

I don't enjoy games that are single players, it feels like going into a disco and being all alone. Sure, there are and will be good stories created, but after seeing so many stories, so many cliches, so many stereotypes, it doesn't offer any pleasure anymore. AND without real players arround me, it really makes me feel alone and eager to go play something with both story and multiplayer, and Fortnite is a great example.

I don't enjoy playing a game ... like wow, that requires 3/4 of my free time just so I can start having fun and play the part I love for 1/4. This is the reason I can't get into Destiny 2, cba to start leveling, just to play some Crucibles. I enjoyed Destiny 1's PvP, but cba to redo the PVE/leveling part.

Games like Overwatch, Fortnite, Warzone, CoD, Battlefield, Hearthstone, Dota 2, LoL, CSGO, Apex, etc. are games with fast queue times, short time matches, pure gameplay that you love.

Haven't played WoW since
    Account Status: Inactive; Last Played: 30 Nov 2021

So if you have examples, I am happy to see if I have been missing anything
    I dont know if its for you, but I highly recommend Frostpunk, Ive been playing it nonstop all winter, its such fantastic story and music and atmosphere, I wish everyone checked it out. Its not very famous but it deserve all the love, it has such high quality. Definitly worth your time, since you can finish the main story in a day (if you can survive), and I personally think the main story is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ok. you definetely have not my view of things.

you can join us in EU, between 1am and 7am (i play often at night). on alliance side, open PUG tool, go to dungeons, and enter „16“ you will get 2-4 entries of some m+15 m+16 or m+17 dungeon. with russian, portugeese, spanish, french, english all activated. horde side its around factor2 -> 4-8 entries. and PvP ? after 1am ? lol, completely empty.

since i play wow since 16 years without interruption, let me tell you what happened the last 1-2-3 years, or even in Legion, instead: do the same as above and get around 20-30 entries on alliance and 40-50 entries on horde.

so: playing at night is a bit like watching wow player numbers under a microscope. you quickly see the difference. and i cant say it feels „same full as always“ when 20-50 entries down to 2-8. no sir, i can definetely not agree to you. sorry.
    its all down becasue people are mostly done with patch though .

why do m+ when your toons are 250+ ? for 1 % chance of upgraade from GV ?

when new season will start all those people will be back to gear up chars - and then again after 4 months when people will have 10+ 275 + geared toons they will stop doing m+

tier is just to long.

Quote Originally Posted by NasirJaveed View Post
    people are gone
    All hope aswell.

doomers are still here tho