Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    take your own advice
    Nice "no u".

Ketosis is when your body uses fat as it's main energy source. You can't do that with "lots of carbs" because carbs is the easiest and the body will always default to the easiest source for energy, always.

I'd like to see where you got your info tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    Unless you're 50 kg sopping wet that's almost 50% lower than average, so I press X to doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

This coming from the guy telling depressed people to stop being depressed and just do pushups.
    Stop... no one mentioned depression, you brought it up.
    Even if you did bring it up, one of the treatments for depression (as was mentioned) is MH Therapy to replace negative habits with positive habits.

All obesity is ultimately linked with poor habits and habits are the culmination of conscious and unconscious choices.

Unless you are going to address anything that I brought up with something other than "lol my philosophy teacher and this one article I read say you're wrong" you should probably just shut your mouth. Everything you post makes you look worse and worse. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Nice "no u".

Ketosis is when your body uses fat as it's main energy source. You can't do that with "lots of carbs" because carbs is the easiest and the body will always default to the easiest source for energy, always.

I'd like to see where you got your info tbh.
    Also don’t forget , your body will burn muscles you don’t use over belly fat first. As it’s also a easier option for it

MDMA mixed in with a little dancing and all night raving you'll be losing weight in no time

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I needed to do was cut high fructose poison and I lost 30 lbs. Gaining it back via a gym.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    2$ Joghurt for breakfast

20$ / month for dry bread , cheese and thin sliced meat as snack mid day

2,50- 6$ for dinner

+- coffee where you need to buy the cheapest when it’s for sale in big waves and store it

60kg not 50kg
    If the average adult ate a yoghurt and half a sandwich the whole day they'd be starving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Even if you did bring it up, one of the treatments for depression (as was mentioned) is MH Therapy to replace negative habits with positive habits.
    We did it Reddit, depression is no more. And while at it, let's go tell the homeless to " just get a job bro ".

As I said, you are completely torn from reality. If it was that easy, it wouldn't be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I know a lot of people who are overweight, I know a lot of people who are working long hours for low pay.

None of them are kidding themselves as to why they are overweight when they order a fucking doner kebab smothered in mayonaise after a night out drinking themselves to the point that they can't walk with their last pennies.
    Wow, it's almost like poor people spend money on unhealthy things to cope, because unlike us who have a comfy office job they can't afford to go to the fucking Bahamas.

Again, you are utterly blind to the amount of privilege you have.

Yeah, being obese is a choice just like how it's a ''choice'' for the people in the ghetto to not make it into the STEM field.

" Just pull yourself by the bootstraps " says the white dude who grew up having everything he could've wanted.

If the average adult ate a yoghurt and half a sandwich the whole day they'd be starving.

- - - Updated - - -

We did it Reddit, depression is no more. And while at it, let's go tell the homeless to " just get a job bro ".

As I said, you are completely torn from reality. If it was that easy, it wouldn't be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, it's almost like poor people spend money on unhealthy things to cope, because unlike us who have a comfy office job they can't afford to go to the fucking Bahamas.

Yeah, being obese is a choice just like how it's a ''choice'' for the people in the ghetto to not make it into the STEM field.

" Just pull yourself by the bootstraps " says the white dude who grew up having everything he could've wanted.
    Iam 1,80 in my late twenty’s. Iam not starving at all. What is your average adult ? 1,70 and 100kg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simmer down, and given that depression inevitably leads into medical discussion, keep away form that as medical discussion isnt allowed either.

Iam 1,80 in my late twenty’s. Iam not starving at all. What is your average adult ? 1,70 and 100kg?
    1.80 and 60 kg is definitely very low.

1.80 and 60 kg is definitely very low.
    Never said Iam healthy. I said it’s easy to lose weight and being fat is a choice.

Never said Iam healthy. I said it’s easy to lose weight and being fat is a choice.
    As much as it's a choice not to become a neurosurgeon, yes.

Namely, it's a choice heavily affected by your lot in life.

As much as it's a choice not to become a neurosurgeon, yes.

Namely, it's a choice heavily affected by your lot in life.
    That’s not a fair comparison as again all you need to do to loss weight is do LESS

Neurosurgeon would mean doing more.

But you don’t Need to do more to lose weight you just to do less. You can do something to make it faster but basically all you need to do is not eat to much.

It’s not even saying to never eat cake, it’s Just changing Cola to cola zero and you already are on a good path

That’s not a fair comparison as again all you need to do to loss weight is do LESS
    And for many people doing less is harder than doing more.

Really questionable quality of doctors then, the depression is what stops them from doing physical activity in the first place. It's like prescribing " Just don't be sick bro " to someone with COVID.
    You will be suprised how many incompetent doctors there are out there. My boyfriend got told he suffers from depression because hes too fat. He should work out more do some jogs in the sun and stuff like that.

My boyfriend was overweight according to the bmi chart because he was a semi professional bodybuilder working out 6 times a week until he got depressed severly. Like how do you not see that a guy like that isn't fat and working out won't be the magical cure?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    You will be suprised how many incompetent doctors there are out there. My boyfriend got told he suffers from depression because hes too fat. He should work out more do some jogs in the sun and stuff like that.

My boyfriend was overweight according to the bmi chart because he was a semi professional bodybuilder working out 6 times a week until he got depressed severly. Like how do you not see that a guy like that isn't fat and working out won't be the magical cure?
    BMI is a complete joke. That guy at the top who has a 'correct BMI' looks like he'll fold in half from a harsh breeze.

Get a grip of yourself, you sound absolutely pathetic. Being fat is a choice, stop making excuses and stop making ridiculous comparisons like comparing a university education that costs sometimes tens of thousands per year and puts people into life debt with making the choice to not stuff your mouth full of garbage every day. If you're poor enough you can't afford to be fat.

Being overweight is a choice. I made that choice for half of my life too. And you know nothing about me to talk of privilege, you're just being pathetic and drowning in your own sorrows.

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    BMI is a complete joke. That guy at the top who has a 'correct BMI' looks like he'll fold in half from a harsh breeze.

BMI is a guideline for normal average people, not for athletes. And honestly the guy above looks like a very healthy athletic male and the pro wrestler guy below looks like a walking steroid. With the amount of bodybuilders dying this year from heart related issues I'd definitely say with some confidence the slim athletic guy in the top picture looks healthier, even if he's not as strong.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-12-15 at 01:46 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Drink more water.
    Eat more protein, less processed carbs. Add a bit of ''greens'' to your dishes. Cut sugar by about 50%. Set specific times when you eat and stick to it.

Exercise with a strict routine. Walk more.

Do that for 4 months. You'll see results.

BMI is a guideline for normal average people, not for athletes. And honestly the guy above looks like a very healthy athletic male and the pro wrestler guy below looks like a walking steroid. With the amount of bodybuilders dying this year from heart related issues I'd definitely say with some confidence the slim athletic guy in the top picture looks healthier, even if he's not as strong.
    Athletic? He looks like a stick figure lmao.

15+ Year Old Account
    Extremely common thing here for doctors to prescribe physical activity for depression, close friend got free gym membership from the doctor and a personal trainer as part of his depression treatment after causing some pretty serious physical harm to himself. Lots of studies to show it can help massively with depression due to the changes in hormonal and chemical balances. Not always a solution and he didn't really put his point across in the best way but it's a proven treatment of depression that is commonly used, why be dismissive of it.

Your idea of people being fat because they are poor is ridiculous though, people are fat because they consume too many calories and eat rubbish. You don't see fat people in actual poor countries, it's a western problem in first world nations like the US and UK, many countries have effectively no fat people at all.
    I've always been told exercise is one of the best anti-depressants there is. I don't know the in's and out's of it, but isn't it something to do with the endorphins released when exercising? "A healthy body is a healthy mind" is some sort of expression used too, I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I've always been told exercise is one of the best anti-depressants there is. I don't know the in's and out's of it, but isn't it something to do with the endorphins released when exercising? "A healthy body is a healthy mind" is some sort of expression used too, I believe?
    It is. But what these brilliant doctors and the guy you're quoting are missing is that if you're depressed and have no motivation to go out and do stuff, being told that going out and doing stuff is healthy isn't going to suddenly motivate you.

- - - Updated - - -

Get a grip of yourself, you sound absolutely pathetic. Being fat is a choice, stop making excuses and stop making ridiculous comparisons like comparing a university education that costs sometimes tens of thousands per year and puts people into life debt with making the choice to not stuff your mouth full of garbage every day. If you're poor enough you can't afford to be fat.

Being overweight is a choice. I made that choice for half of my life too. And you know nothing about me to talk of privilege, you're just being pathetic and drowning in your own sorrows.
    With every post you make it's pretty clear that you're more interested in bodyshaming people than having a civilised discussion. You're foaming and projecting and also torn from reality, unable to understand the psychology of other humans. Or perhaps you simply lack empathy, which would explain the bodyshaming.

" Just stop eating " " Just work out " " Just stop drinking " is incredibly easy to say but it's the equivalent of telling a homeless person to just get a job. It's completely ignorant of why those things happen in the first place.