Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

[Spoiler]So....giant red ball which broke arbiter is....

Argus.

This means a giant red ball is argus' soul right?

then....what is this? What is this thing lingering on Seat of the Pantheon?

this is also the World-soul of argus, eh? And Titan used the argus' soul to imprison Sargeras.

there are two argus' souls?

Or red ball is just remains, echo of argus? Not a titan's soul? Then how does this ball get to the arbiter?
    Last edited by olddog; 2021-12-15 at 08:44 AM.

I'm tired of trying to pretend any of this Danuser-era lore is consistent

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

this is also the World-soul of argus, eh? And Titan used the argus' soul to imprison Sargeras.

Or red ball is just remains, echo of argus? Not a titan's soul?
    Its really complicated, I think we need professional opinion on the matter.

Lets ask David Lynch!

Nice, but titan souls do not go to the shadowlands upon death, as they are not mortal. Danuser is still retconning everything.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Your avatar fits your comment perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Unless there's some massive consistency/continuity error I'm overlooking I'm still putting my money on the red comet being Xavius from Emerald Nihgtmare.

The red colour is similar to that of the nightmare and Aegus AFAIK was never associated with red.
    Argus was red in the Mythic boss encounter, it was a bonus phase. Though TBH it makes little difference which is the cause of this clusterfuck of a story.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

What if that means that Sargeras broke free...

Which most of us thought was the most likely outcome anyway. Glad to see it confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Nice, but titan souls do not go to the shadowlands upon death, as they are not mortal. Danuser is still retconning everything.
    Immortal beings do go to the Shadowlands though. Just look at Ysera.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is this really a spoiler? Pretty sure this was the most common theory ever since we first saw the cinematic of the red soul, hammering into the Arbiter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's almost like they never had any idea of what it was themselves to begin with and only came up with it being Argus after stalking around fan forums. This expac can't end soon enough.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Lucky for you that we are still in Afrasiabi-era lore then, since Shadowlands was already planed and work been going on for awhile when Alex was removed and Danuser got promoted.

Then how does this ball get to the arbiter?
    One thing that could make sense somehow is if argus wasn't the original counterpart to eonar as we assumed, but was made a death titan by zovaal and sargeras which this dialogue implies.
    This could bind him somewhat to zovaals "homeworld" or give him some special power to travel there when dead. This doesn't explain why sargeras still tries to kill azeroth or he didn't kill argus himself to destroy the arbiter before we got there but i guess no explanation will truly make sense.

Also there is still sargeras sword which has to have some purpose. So why not be an anchor for argus soul to find azeroth and somehow be a gateway to the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Lucky for you that we are still in Afrasiabi-era lore then, since Shadowlands was already planed and work been going on for awhile when Alex was removed and Danuser got promoted.
    Why do people always assume this is the work of a single individual?

I've never done work in a company where responsibility is not shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Which most of us thought was the most likely outcome anyway. Glad to see it confirmed.
    is it though?
    they use echo of argus to disrupt you NOW, but its still not confirmed it was argus that broke arbiter in the first place
    sure seems VERY likely, but its still not confirmed
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-12-15 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    One thing that could make sense somehow is if argus wasn't the original counterpart to eonar as we assumed, but was made a death titan by zovaal and sargeras which this dialogue implies.
    This could bind him somewhat to zovaals "homeworld" or give him some special power to travel there when dead. This doesn't explain why sargeras still tries to kill azeroth or he didn't kill argus himself to destroy the arbiter before we got there but i guess no explanation will truly make sense.

Also there is still sargeras sword which has to have some purpose. So why not be an anchor for argus soul to find azeroth and somehow be a gateway to the shadowlands.
    There are so many asspull theories in this statement I can't even begin to dissect them.

Or red ball is just remains, echo of argus? Not a titan's soul? Then how does this ball get to the arbiter?
    DUDE.

[Insert soul-splitting nonsense explaination]

So much for Titans going to the realms of Order rofl

It feels like they're just sitting around the table and say "write whatever you want, not one cares as long as it's cool", but the worst thing is that it isn't cool...
    This is getting more and more stupid.

There's like no consistency and seems like everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Other souls from the material plane can become attuned to cosmic forces to such an extent that they effectively become "native", think of Gul'dan (likely, Khadgar nearly manages to bind him like a demon), Illidan or the PC demon hunters who all can reincarnate as demons can, and as we've seen titanic creatures can be corrupted through great effort as well, arguably Sargeras corrupted himself with fel.
    They would not "naturally" go to the shadow lands upon death, though souls can be "rerouted" manually too, as we've seen i.e. the old gods and the Legion do this all the time.

So there are multiple lore-consistent ways in which a titan's soul might end up in the Shadowlands anyway.

Mind you that this is not a defense of the writing in general, but this specific aspect can be saved.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.