Poll: Do you think Thrall will keep his promise to Tyrande Whisperwind regarding Sylvanas?»

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Probably not, even when he was leading the Horde, the Warsong Clan kept invading Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    In the Shadows Rising novel, these were the last things Tyrande and Thrall said to each other at Nordrassil, atop Mount Hyjal, during their brief and very tense meeting:

But now that the story is coming to a close, now that Sylvanas is healed and "on our side", and Tyrande is no longer (that) angry and has chosen "renewal" over "vengeance", will Thrall fulfill his honor-bound pledge to Tyrande, or does this mean that his promise will essentially be forgotten and never mentioned again?
    im no expert but to me this seems like good writing so why cant it translate in some part at least to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    im no expert but to me this seems like good writing so why cant it translate in some part at least to the game?
    If you mean the deal between Thrall and Tyrande in the novel. It is far from good writing.
    It is somewhat better than average. But he's still too silly.

Big group meeting leaders of Alliance and Horde, plus Sylvanas. Thrall asks Tyrande what he should do, so much has happened for them both. Baine steps forward saying he knows what to do. Baine decapitates Sylvanas right there her head rolling in front of Tyrande. He states that he is going back to Thunder Bluff and walks away. Greymane howls, screaming it should have been him getting the killing blow he lost his son. Turalyon says that this wasn't the deal, Thrall was suppose to do it and declares the Fifth War between the Alliance and the Horde is on now. And once again it was the Horde that started the war by failing to do what was promised by having THRALL KILL SYLVANAS AND HAND HER HEAD TO TYRANDE!

High elves for Alliance and Gill Goblins for the Horde.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

I hope someone kills her. Tbh I don't think a last minute heel turn after dooming all creation gives you a get out of jail card.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not, they are too invested in Sylvanas these days. For gods knows what reason though.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Big group meeting leaders of Alliance and Horde, plus Sylvanas. Thrall asks Tyrande what he should do, so much has happened for them both. Baine steps forward saying he knows what to do. Baine decapitates Sylvanas right there her head rolling in front of Tyrande. He states that he is going back to Thunder Bluff and walks away. Greymane howls, screaming it should have been him getting the killing blow he lost his son. Turalyon says that this wasn't the deal, Thrall was suppose to do it and declares the Fifth War between the Alliance and the Horde is on now. And once again it was the Horde that started the war by failing to do what was promised by having THRALL KILL SYLVANAS AND HAND HER HEAD TO TYRANDE!

High elves for Alliance and Gill Goblins for the Horde.
    "Ours continues to be a cycle of hatred. Alliances forged and broken and forged and broken again. We have paid the price for still sharing this world, and we have forgotten, again, what makes us strong"

Trailer reveals these words are spoken by Jaina at the Siege of Ironforge.

Logo shows World of Warcraft: Conflict for Azeroth.

The crowd goes wild

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I hope someone kills her. Tbh I don't think a last minute heel turn after dooming all creation gives you a get out of jail card.
    It's an odd situation. The last cinematic made it as clear as humanly possible Blizzard does not intend for any of this to be a Get Out Of Jail(er) Free Card for her previous actions. But then what do you do? Let her help defeat the Jailer, then kill her? Because we're sure not letting her back into either faction. The theory on her becoming the Arbiter is out the window, I never believed that one. So where does that leave her?

The Horde and Alliance both demand justice for her many crimes. Historically speaking, we're at a 0% success rate on accomplishing that through trials and imprisonment. See: Stormwind Stockades, Garrosh's trial, Stormwind Stockades 2: Electric Boogaloo, Tol Dagor, Violet Hold...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's an odd situation. The last cinematic made it as clear as humanly possible Blizzard does not intend for any of this to be a Get Out Of Jail(er) Free Card for her previous actions. But then what do you do? Let her help defeat the Jailer, then kill her? Because we're sure not letting her back into either faction. The theory on her becoming the Arbiter is out the window, I never believed that one. So where does that leave her?

The Horde and Alliance both demand justice for her many crimes. Historically speaking, we're at a 0% success rate on accomplishing that through trials and imprisonment. See: Stormwind Stockades, Garrosh's trial, Stormwind Stockades 2: Electric Boogaloo, Tol Dagor, Violet Hold...
    I have a few answers so bare with me.

If I was a story writer: Heroic redemptive sacrifice. Allowed star wars to dodge the dealing with genocide connoisseur Vader after his redemption.

Irl morals me: imprison her for the rest of her life.

Wow moral me: yes 100% cut off the bitches head. As heroes we've killed people for less.

If she gets punished and imprisoned. I don't want her gaining power. No ruling the Maw or equivalent shit. She should just be cast into the Maw and we all move on.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It would be a rather delicious twist to have Thrall, who's normally a pacifist, be the one to end Sylvanas for her crimes. But no, I don't ever see that happening.

It will end up being some tired story about how Tyrande should realize Sylvanas changed and she's the warmonger now.
    I mean Thrall did try to sneak into the fray and murder a defeated Garrosh because Garrosh embarrassed him by slapping him around and forcing him to run away.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

This is what drives me so crazy about the current situation: right now, the roughest punishment for her in all honesty is almost to get a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card & be forced to return to Azeroth to witness what her efforts have caused. To actually see the burnt husk where Teldrassil once stood, to see the frightened & angry looks she'll get in Quel'Thalas or around the Forsaken, to see the sister she loved so dearly want her dead, to see how plague ridden the Undercity & Gilneas are while watching Genn Greymane mourn his son all due to her actions...it's one thing to come to terms with it in the cinematic, but seeing it live & in person would just bring home how much devastation her actions have caused.

Any other punishment feels almost merciful and/or pointless for her. A heroic sacrifice or death at the hand of Tyrande would be quick & likely painless...then she doesn't have to live with what she has done for long. Imprisonment would force her to think about things, but with her missing soul fragment back she'll just do that anyway. Serving in any official role in the Shadowlands wouldn't really be a punishment so much as a new job that she could shape as she chooses. Presuming we kill the Jailer (which seems likely), one has to wonder if there will really be any sort of torments to deal with in the Maw going forward. Even a place like Revendreth likely won't do much...Uther already seems like a better counselor for helping her deal with her guilt.

In that sense, being sent back to relive & atone for her sins on Azeroth alongside the punishment she'd feel is perhaps the best form of justice for her...but only for her. That's not justice for the Night Elves who are homeless after watching their family & friends die horrifically in fire. That's not justice for Genn Greymane who lost his home & son to her actions. It's not justice for those who died to N'Zoth who was largely freed due to her actions. Her actions are horrific enough that there really can be no true justice. This is why I'm not excited for the end of this story, because from where I sit there really can be no real method of justice for all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    This is what drives me so crazy about the current situation: right now, the roughest punishment for her in all honesty is almost to get a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card & be forced to return to Azeroth to witness what her efforts have caused.
    Her punishment should be the next janitor, and come back to azeroth so sweep and clean what she did with a toothbrush, imagine sweeping teldrsil with one

Blizzard had already forgotten about this dialogue.

This is what drives me so crazy about the current situation: right now, the roughest punishment for her in all honesty is almost to get a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card & be forced to return to Azeroth to witness what her efforts have caused. To actually see the burnt husk where Teldrassil once stood, to see the frightened & angry looks she'll get in Quel'Thalas or around the Forsaken, to see the sister she loved so dearly want her dead, to see how plague ridden the Undercity & Gilneas are while watching Genn Greymane mourn his son all due to her actions...it's one thing to come to terms with it in the cinematic, but seeing it live & in person would just bring home how much devastation her actions have caused.

Any other punishment feels almost merciful and/or pointless for her. A heroic sacrifice or death at the hand of Tyrande would be quick & likely painless...then she doesn't have to live with what she has done for long. Imprisonment would force her to think about things, but with her missing soul fragment back she'll just do that anyway. Serving in any official role in the Shadowlands wouldn't really be a punishment so much as a new job that she could shape as she chooses. Presuming we kill the Jailer (which seems likely), one has to wonder if there will really be any sort of torments to deal with in the Maw going forward. Even a place like Revendreth likely won't do much...Uther already seems like a better counselor for helping her deal with her guilt.

In that sense, being sent back to relive & atone for her sins on Azeroth alongside the punishment she'd feel is perhaps the best form of justice for her...but only for her. That's not justice for the Night Elves who are homeless after watching their family & friends die horrifically in fire. That's not justice for Genn Greymane who lost his home & son to her actions. It's not justice for those who died to N'Zoth who was largely freed due to her actions. Her actions are horrific enough that there really can be no true justice. This is why I'm not excited for the end of this story, because from where I sit there really can be no real method of justice for all.
    There is something about Justice that many are misunderstanding.
    The issue here is not that Sylvanas suffers or not. The issue is that the victims feel that justice has been done, that they no longer have to fear that threat and can close that horrible chapter in their lives.

Let her live you can torture her and everything. But you are going to torture the survivors and the Victims much more, who are going to have to live knowing that the Monster that did all this is still alive and can harm them. That justice has not been done.

On the gold side, cutting her head maybe for her is the fazil end. But you are going to relieve the victims a lot.

This is not the correct way to torture Sylvanas. But the way to better heal the victims using Sylvanas as a means. (Because it is already more than clear that she is guilty)

PS: Regardless of what happens the Horde and has made it clear that she is more than lsita to start the fifth war in the last novel.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is what drives me so crazy about the current situation: right now, the roughest punishment for her in all honesty is almost to get a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card & be forced to return to Azeroth to witness what her efforts have caused.
    Ya nan double kill and erase her soul from existence that’s the treatment garrosh got and he did far less screw the feeling bad and being Sowwy nonsense.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

No I fully expect Tyrande or Jaina to die before Sylvanas even so much as loses a finger the idea that Sylvanas will face any punishment at all is so laughable that a J Jonah Jameson laughing meme is fully appropriate here
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    No I fully expect Tyrande or Jaina to die before Sylvanas even so much as loses a finger the idea that Sylvanas will face any punishment at all is so laughable that a J Jonah Jameson laughing meme is fully appropriate here
    I had to rofl at this, oh but it feels and sound almost too true. Seeing who is in charge, would it surprise you Sylvanas will be the last one standing in the warcraft universe after the end of days.

He absolutely should.

But we know he won't because 1) he's a spineless coward and 2) The psycho zombie is getting redeemed anyway.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Of course he won't. But since he is part of the Fab Four, none of his actions (or rather, lack thereof) will ever be depicted in a negative way.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Blizzard doesn't even remember it happened