Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More Timewalking plz

Step 1: Timewalking events are never not happening. One expansion is always available for Timewalking, switching out every week.

Step 2: Toys from the Timewalking Vendors that allow you to manually set yourself to the appropriate character level for that vendor's expansion. So if you want to raid ICC properly, you can do that with your max level characters.

Step 3: Add reasons to activate those toys. Recolors of mounts and pets and weapons and tier sets as rewards for Timewalking old raids and dungeons.

Step 4: Equipment Tethering. There's a new ethereal npc next to Void Storage. Give him an item and some gold, and he'll tether it to your soul before chucking it into the void. You can now always equip that item from the character panel, and it never returns to your bags or bank. So you can collect tons of sets for different levels of content and not worry about bag space.

I think the current iteration of Timewalking is extremely lacking.

I mean, Legion TW is a step in the right direction but far from what a would call a true time walk.

I think TW weeks should be designed to make that old expansion viable again to some extent, like raids being adjusted to give HC ilvl loot, dungeons allowing M+, mount/toy/pets with increased drop rates, currency rewards for that given expansion increased, profession skill points earned for that given expansion increased, faster rares and world bosses spawn rates, non-daily quests rewarding the same amount of gold as non-elite world quests, daily quests giving more rep, and a seasonal portal from the current capital to TW capital.

Blizzard has nearly 20 years of content being wasted while new players spend every day on maw/korthia until they burn out and quit.

It's really sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    They should definitely expand the dungeons as well.

In fact, they should include every dungeon from an expansion unless it’s particularly stupid, like oculus, or egregiously long, like karazhan, or somesuch. And even then they should allow the mythic dungeons like Kara to be run by groups.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think simply culling the more dull and boring events would help. There really doesn't need to be a pet battle or daily quest event.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually consider coming back to WoW if they did this. Timewalking should definitely be a permanent thing. I like your ideas OP.

They should re-tune all previous content to offer max-level upgradable gear like Legion TW. They can put in the effort and go through all the prior expansion's dungeons to be able to do them in an M+ setting and tune 1-2 raids for 20 man mythic. Would be great to go back and do Ulduar and ICC as a 20 man mythic group (yes I know we can do Ulduar in timewalking but in it's current for is crap).

There is so much content there waiting to be opened up.

Timewalking for all expansions should be permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Timewalking for all expansions should be permanent.
    Queues for the dungeons would be long as eternity. There isn't enough of a playerbase to constantly populate 7 expansions worth of dungeon runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Queues for the dungeons would be long as eternity. There isn't enough of a playerbase to constantly populate 7 expansions worth of dungeon runs.
    Implement the dungeon roulette from FFXIV. When you queue for it, you can potentially get into any dungeon in the game you are eligible for, across all expansions. Players who have quests to complete in a specific dungeon (ie, going through an expansion's storyline) will get priority for a group to be formed for them so they can complete it. Could also do the same thing for raids, so people going through the BFA story can actually complete it (without having to be grossly overlevelled and skipping mechanics and doing it the way you weren't intended to experience it).

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    They should re-tune all previous content to offer max-level upgradable gear like Legion TW. They can put in the effort and go through all the prior expansion's dungeons to be able to do them in an M+ setting and tune 1-2 raids for 20 man mythic. Would be great to go back and do Ulduar and ICC as a 20 man mythic group (yes I know we can do Ulduar in timewalking but in it's current for is crap).

There is so much content there waiting to be opened up.
    Yeah this is why I want to be able to scale down my character level to the level of the expansion honestly. If the raids and dungeons and M+ were scaled up all the time, instead of us being scaled down and getting lower level gear, then Timewalking would become necessary in order to get BiS gear for current content, which would be no bueno. Throw in the equipment collection and wham, old content and gear never goes out of style.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I think the current iteration of Timewalking is extremely lacking.

I mean, Legion TW is a step in the right direction but far from what a would call a true time walk.

I think TW weeks should be designed to make that old expansion viable again to some extent, like raids being adjusted to give HC ilvl loot, dungeons allowing M+, mount/toy/pets with increased drop rates, currency rewards for that given expansion increased, profession skill points earned for that given expansion increased, faster rares and world bosses spawn rates, non-daily quests rewarding the same amount of gold as non-elite world quests, daily quests giving more rep, and a seasonal portal from the current capital to TW capital.

Blizzard has nearly 20 years of content being wasted while new players spend every day on maw/korthia until they burn out and quit.

It's really sad...

you want real TW for them is to play classic and burning crusade classic

They already do it for Timewalking Campaigns for 10-50. After a time, it'd give you a prompt asking if you would like to expand your search, just like it does now.

I still personally prefer the weekly event idea, funnelling players into one expansion each week, but they could probably make it work with all 7 being active and just offering more rewards to a specific one.

They need to just have TW active all the time and rotate the expansions every week.

Currently, each expansion only pops every 18 weeks. When they add BfA to TW its only to go up to every 21 weeks. Basically meaning you'll only get to see most expansions twice a year.

This. People complain about waiting for tanks in current dungeons, it would be thousandfold worse for dungeon x in expansion y. Plus constant timewalking is a balancing nightmare, it's not as easy as "just scale down the level". There cannot be any meaningful rewards because players always follow the path of least resistance insted of doing what they'd enjoy.

It really is mind bogglingly stupid they don't really use 17 years worth of content for anything interesting. I've been saying it forever.

But, my prediction for 10.0 is that they will FF14-ify WoW the way they Diablo-ifed WoW in Legion.

One of the ways I believe they will do that is making older content relevant and playable again with an improved TW.

I think it's basically a guarantee at this point.

My guess is they'll do slight reworks on all of the old content (raids, dungeons, warfronts, farm, garrison, etc), then milk it as much as possible by releasing it as "new" content in patches over a few years to pad each patch.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-12-16 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Step 1: Timewalking events are never not happening. One expansion is always available for Timewalking, switching out every week.

Step 2: Toys from the Timewalking Vendors that allow you to manually set yourself to the appropriate character level for that vendor's expansion. So if you want to raid ICC properly, you can do that with your max level characters.

Step 3: Add reasons to activate those toys. Recolors of mounts and pets and weapons and tier sets as rewards for Timewalking old raids and dungeons.

Step 4: Equipment Tethering. There's a new ethereal npc next to Void Storage. Give him an item and some gold, and he'll tether it to your soul before chucking it into the void. You can now always equip that item from the character panel, and it never returns to your bags or bank. So you can collect tons of sets for different levels of content and not worry about bag space.
    Timewalking has definitely potential and its unfortunate that they have done so little overall since it was first added in WoD.

But yeah IMO Timewalking should be, similarly to what you've proposed, be a permanent thing you can opt in and out of (we have Chromie Time already so that's almost there) and the timewalking events should be a weekly thing rotating between the expansions which I guess give bonuses to the Timewalking experience.

It's time for Blizzard to push this system a lot. There is so much content in this game and yet all we do is only play the most recent patch or expansion. And having a "classic" version of each version of the game just isn't it, especially with the later expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

What you're saying doesn't make any sense tbh. Dungeon queues for an individual player depend on how many tanks/healers are applying per 3 dps. If the dungeon finder "pool" has 1000 people signed up or 10000 it doesn't matter at all. Private Servers with like 2000 players have often better dungeon queue timers than retail with tens of thousands of players.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This. People complain about waiting for tanks in current dungeons, it would be thousandfold worse for dungeon x in expansion y. Plus constant timewalking is a balancing nightmare, it's not as easy as "just scale down the level". There cannot be any meaningful rewards because players always follow the path of least resistance insted of doing what they'd enjoy.
    All of the rewards would be the same as they are right now. No effect on endgame because they dont scale up.

The queues wouldnt be worse than the existing Timewalking Campaign queues from 10-50.

While I agree that a more permanent system of Timewalking dungeons would be nice, I don't understand why it has to be any more complicated than a 'level sync' checkbox and maybe a few tabs in the dungeon/raid finder, with a cosmetic reward system tied into it.

And just leave it at that.

While I appreciate timewalking, I think it would just fail as a whole endgame feature because of how its reward would be balanced. But I genuinly think that MM+ seasons could be more frequent and have more rotations if they take the dungeons they've got with timewalking feature and add them to the seasonal pool. Doing the same dungeons for a whole expansion is just boring and I can perfectly understand why people are quitting the game in the last patches.

timewalking is the most mindless form of doing dungeons