Poll: Is it a Smart Business move to make "Classic" for all previous Expacs?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Require minimum resources to implement and run in the grand sceheme of things so definitely. Especially considering retail has been nose diving for quite some years.
    Also more choices rather than fewer is generally a good business model within gaming. Keeps more people finding something they enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The number of logs has nothing to do with the total amount of players. Especially since a) SL has much more content to do outside of raids, while Classic has none, and b) heroic is considered to be a casual difficulty and thus most people don't log it, while in classic the only thing you can realistically do as "content' is speedrunning the raids over and over which means they will be logged more
    That sort of says that you think there is a substantial amount of retail players that play the game for daileys, pet battles etc. which I highly doubt is the case, at minimum if speaking of players investing in WoW longterm.
    It is a well established fact that loot is one of very few key things the overwhelming majority of players (knowingly or not) focus on and stear towards doing that content whether it be raids, M+, rated PvP. If talking about players that invest in WoW timewise, the only large non-raiding segment of players in my opinion that exists are pure PvP'rs and Arena/BGs in retail is a small at best.
    The fact that BLZ tolerate a plethora of cheating within Arena especially diminish that potential segment even further.

If you want to ignore Classic amount of logs due to speedrunning which I agree is a factor (but small one) you can just check stats of retail how the amount of players completing a raid and M+15 just plummets, literally plummets. The stats are out there and broken down in various videos from by top raiders to Youtube personalities (Bellular or whatever hes called to name one had such a video).
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-12-16 at 12:47 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically free money, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The stats are out there and broken down in various videos from by top raiders to Youtube personalities (Bellular or whatever hes called to name one had such a video).
    Yeah but trusting the interpretation of data from someone like Bellular is like getting health advice from Joe Rogan irl. Sure you can do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Most of the WoW youtubers work off of generating outrage. For the most part streamers are entertaining, not educated, and you should take that into account before trusting their interpretation of events or trends. The average WoW player (or any video game player) doesn't give a shit what goes on over on social media, or IRL in relation to their games. As far as top raiders, we're not a largely educated bunch of players either.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2021-12-16 at 12:54 AM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's basically free money, so yeah.

Yeah but trusting the interpretation of data from someone like Bellular is like getting health advice from Joe Rogan irl. Sure you can do it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Most of the WoW youtubers work off of generating outrage. For the most part streamers are entertaining, not educated, and you should take that into account before trusting their interpretation of events or trends. The average WoW player (or any video game player) doesn't give a shit what goes on over on social media, or IRL in relation to their games. As far as top raiders, we're not a largely educated bunch of players either.
    The general Youtuber sure but considering the stats themselves are directly taken from the most used logging services so that argument is invalid in this case.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

When I see the amount of braindead who voted "no" despite the cold hard facts, even from Blizzard itself, all validating that Classic was a colossal success, it really drives the point home how much these forums are polluted by retail players with a chip on their shoulder and a mind removed from reality.

I want Wrath, pre 4.3 Cata and MoP Classic. So yeah I guess they should make it for all expansions.

I wish they would do progression realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    like some people said. "almost" free money. people would play classic realms for select expansions until they die and pay for it. look at events like AGDQ. people spend their life on old games and they love it. not smart move, but logical move.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    I want Wrath, pre 4.3 Cata and MoP Classic. So yeah I guess they should make it for all expansions.

I wish they would do progression realms.
    i wish you needed to start from lvl 1 each time tbh

I hope they stop at Wrath honestly. The only expansion id like to play again would be Mists or legion, Cata? No thanks. WOD? No thank you. shadowlands? GOD NO

Classic is a nobrainer

I think they can safely make through MOP and have resounding success. Each xpac had amazing things about certain classes. Wrath had Blood DK DPS which will keep me subbed through the entire classic version, BC has fantastic raids which I have been playing since release and don't see me letting up any time soon. CATA had fantastic Ret and Blood Tank with the forever bubble T11 and T12 were fantastic, MOP had some amazing classes as well the best version of Disc priest ever, Prot pally what stacked haste and could heal crazy amounts, Brewmaster Tanks were fantastic. After MOP the game sucked, and I will not play the classic version this is where they started to destroy gear and gameplay for me was just not good.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The general Youtuber sure but considering the stats themselves are directly taken from the most used logging services so that argument is invalid in this case.
    It's not the stats that I'm calling into question. It's the youtuber's interpretation of them and what they mean. Excuse me if I take the interpretations of a person who literally feeds themselves by selling outrage with a huge grain of salt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's not the stats that I'm calling into question. It's the youtuber's interpretation of them and what they mean. Excuse me if I take the interpretations of a person who literally feeds themselves by selling outrage with a huge grain of salt.
    The issue is still that the stats are so easy to "decode" that if you would look at them yourself you would stop making the link to youtubers.
    The stats are in such a basic form no guidence in the form of a youtuber is needed, all you need is litterlaly to spend 2 mins checking them and you would agree.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is still that the stats are so easy to "decode" that if you would look at them yourself you would stop making the link to youtubers.
    The stats are in such a basic form no guidence in the form of a youtuber is needed, all you need is litterlaly to spend 2 mins checking them and you would agree.
    Amazingly enough like a lot of things in life that's not actually true. I don't draw conclusions based on out of context statistics. The only reason you think the way you do is because some outrage youtuber or streamer told you what they think and you said "Oh yeah that makes sense and it fits what I want to believe if I don't think about it too hard." and that's about it. You even said it yourself in the original post of yours that I had replied to where you said that it's about your personal belief about the number of people that play the game to not raid or do high level keys. You're looking at stats and trying to make them jive with your personal beliefs about the game and the players which are things that you don't actually have concrete stats on. Maybe that's good enough for you, but I need actual data and not just third party out of context stats for one aspect of the game.

You might not even realize that literally every single online game you've ever played, the lights are kept on by the sheer number of casual players. Classic is a bit of the exception that proves the rule because one of the big draws of it is that people get to see the raids that they never got to see the first time around. Blizzard spent the first few expansions of this game trying to get people into raids and failing to do so, so your personal beliefs about who does what in WoW isn't supported by hard numbers and doesn't match the history of the game either. Sorry. It's fine for you to have those beliefs but please don't try to act as if they're based on any kind of empirical evidence or are anything but your beliefs.

15+ Year Old Account
    God no. The succes of classic is due to nostalgia and strong difference between current game and vanilla. I personally enjoy the older design and game as it's far more RPG than random slotmachine BS the game became. Chances are blizz will call it at WotLK, since cata wasn't as well received, though going up to MoP would be worth it for me.

However, a classic warlord would be an utter failure and would never recoup the costs.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Classic should have been its own game with its own content, it is dying due to the march into what people dont want and its retail wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    For ALL expansions? I want to say no but it all depends on how much they need to spend versus how much would it earn. I think Classic development costs are minor compared to a new expansion so it could be easy money for them if there is demand. But the demand is the problem.

They will most likely do vanilla - wrath and then SoM for each of them and have "graveyard realms" to store all the characters for each SoM season. And repeat the SoM loop as long as they can.

Personally I would love to progress my classic character all the way to MoP but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I hope they stop at Wrath honestly. The only expansion id like to play again would be Mists or legion, Cata? No thanks. WOD? No thank you. shadowlands? GOD NO
    Well, you do have the option of not playing them, even if they don't stop, lol.

I personally will play whatever retail has instead of anything after Wrath, or maybe some SoM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Well, you do have the option of not playing them, even if they don't stop, lol.

I personally will play whatever retail has instead of anything after Wrath, or maybe some SoM.
    I mean yea this is true, and I mean i played classic till 45, havent touched SOM and barely, touched TBC but then again i been playing since vannlia anyway so remember all the good and bad of the past already

Id much rather play retail since its current content, and being developed on even if its gettign bad these days

As if anyone on this website knows what a "smart business move" even entails.

Half of them would agree a free set of mythic raid gear the moment you hit 60, would be a smart business move.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    As if anyone on this website knows what a "smart business move" even entails.

Half of them would agree a free set of mythic raid gear the moment you hit 60, would be a smart business move.
    while this being true imo, ouch, it was a hard hitter below the waistline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    God no. The succes of classic is due to nostalgia and strong difference between current game and vanilla. I personally enjoy the older design and game as it's far more RPG than random slotmachine BS the game became. Chances are blizz will call it at WotLK, since cata wasn't as well received, though going up to MoP would be worth it for me.

However, a classic warlord would be an utter failure and would never recoup the costs.
    hmm, i have no opinion here. but do you know the costs ? do you know their profit ? do you have data ? hmm…