Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, CP77 plays great on PC, I personally dig the main story and the main side quest lines and Night City is super cool!

Panam Palmer. What a woman.
    I can't get it to run worth a crap on mine. Maybe my vid card is dying on me, it isn't a great one anyways. Low looks like absolute ass on low so I can't deal with that, and it struggled hard on medium. And yes, Panam is bae.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I can't get it to run worth a crap on mine. Maybe my vid card is dying on me, it isn't a great one anyways. Low looks like absolute ass on low so I can't deal with that, and it struggled hard on medium. And yes, Panam is bae.
    Yeah, I know how that feels. Playing a game that runs smoothly and looks nice is a widely different experience than if you have to lower the settings. It doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    No, you need DLSS for this game.

It's clearly made with it in mind.

On an RTX 2060S I was playing it at 1440p High/Ultra with DLSS on Quality, ~55-60FPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, Steam reviews been improving. Seems like there IS a good game under that shitstorm of bugs. Real shame it was shipped in that state.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hmmm, Steam reviews been improving. Seems like there IS a good game under that shitstorm of bugs. Real shame it was shipped in that state.
    The game was always good. I had 0 issues with bugs and performance at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by florclorbromiod View Post
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Not everyone experienced bugs, many did of course, but the game was largely problematic on console versus PC. The game was unkind to mid-range and below systems as well.

I played through the whole thing twice from day 1, in hundreds of hours I only had one game affecting bug. It was fixed by a reload of my save file. I also played with most settings maxed out on a 4k 55-inch monitor, smooth as silk.

Playing on PS5 was okay, but wasn't as smooth as PC. Playing on PS4 was like playing a game 2 years too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Dunno why you posted that, that's been my experience.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had very few issues with the game at release on PC, to be honest. I encountered a few bugs with missions but otherwise the performance was sufficient enough to not be a hindrance to the gameplay. I actually ended up turning up the settings a bit once the game got patched a few times and improved the performance significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Was my experience as well. Perhaps 0 bugs is a bit of a stretch, but I had 0 game breaking bugs. Anytime I had a UI bug or something similar, all I had to do was quick save and load the save again, and it was fixed.

That doesn't excuse how the game was launched on lesser PCs or consoles, this game should have never launched on PS4 for example.

While I think the game has always been good, immersion always bugged me in the game. The city isn't busy most of the time, even with mods that try to make it busier, it's full of brain dead NPCs, and the 2D cars, not that far away, that would disappear annoyed the hell out of me. It's things like that, that I want fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
    Was my experience as well. Perhaps 0 bugs is a bit of a stretch, but I had 0 game breaking bugs. Anytime I had a UI bug or something similar, all I had to do was quick save and load the save again, and it was fixed.

That doesn't excuse how the game was launched on lesser PCs or consoles, this game should have never launched on PS4 for example.

While I think the game has always been good, immersion always bugged me in the game. The city isn't busy most of the time, even with mods that try to make it busier, it's full of brain dead NPCs, and the 2D cars, not that far away, that would disappear annoyed the hell out of me. It's things like that, that I want fixed.
    It's not that it shouldn't of launched on PS4, it's that they shouldn't of launched a broken game that needs high end PCs or next gen consoles to brute force it. The game is not doing anything crazy that we haven't seen PS4 and Xbox One handle in games like RDR2, Ghost of Tsushima or Halo Infinite. In fact those games have better world density and AI going on then 2077 even to stress the puny jaguar CPUs in those machines.

There is no reason why 2077 couldn't of ran at 30 fps with occasional dips to 25 fps or so with a mix of medium and low settings from the PC version on those last gen systems. There is also no reason why the game should look like a barren wasteland on those systems when open world games I mentioned above can put way more NPCs on screen while looking better graphically then the last gen versions of Cyberpunk do. This is just bad dev work and polish, not the fault of the devs specifically but the suits for thinking it was good enough and not giving them more time.

I never get the takes that the game shouldn't of launched on last gen. It clearly looks like a cross gen game scaled up with some better settings. It doesn't have some matrix demo shit going on that clearly couldn't work on last gen, it doesn't even look as good as Forza Horizon 5 which itself is a cross gen game. It doesn't look as good as next gen only games like Rift Apart or Demon's Souls and looks worse then Forbidden West which again... cross gen game. Its comparable visually to Halo Infinite which is a cross gen game, but Halo Infinite actually works on last gen machines unlike Cyberpunk.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-12-15 at 08:01 PM.

My RTX 2060 Super, which was low end even when it came out, ran this game at 1440 high/ultra, 50+ FPS at all times. The performance was fine.

You just needed DLSS.

My RTX 2060 Super, which was low end even when it came out, ran this game at 1440 high/ultra, 50+ FPS at all times. The performance was fine.

You just needed DLSS.
    Yeah DLSS is a god send, I played 4k, constant 60fps with no drops, on a mix of high/ultra settings.

Was just going on from what I had heard with regards to performance on cards that weren't 30xx.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not that it shouldn't of launched on PS4, it's that they shouldn't of launched a broken game that needs high end PCs or next gen consoles to brute force it.
    That's why I said it doesn't excuse that fact. Reason I went on to say it should never have launched on PS4, is because of the time they are wasting trying to make it run on it, from what I have read, it still isn't playable. And my entitled ass wants new content! Or fixes to AI, traffic and those damn 2D cars!
    Last edited by Tekko; 2021-12-16 at 11:00 AM.

Yeah DLSS is a god send, I played 4k, constant 60fps with no drops, on a mix of high/ultra settings.

Was just going on from what I had heard with regards to performance on cards that weren't 30xx.
    My card isn't a 3000. It's a 2060S. That's the weakest card in the RTX series ( well technically 2060 is but you get the point ).

People are just mad their 1080 can't play the game. Like yeah no shit. That card is a 2 generations old. In the world of PC parts 5 years might as well be 2 decades.

My card isn't a 3000. It's a 2060S. That's the weakest card in the RTX series ( well technically 2060 is but you get the point ).

People are just mad their 1080 can't play the game. Like yeah no shit. That card is a 2 generations old. In the world of PC parts 5 years might as well be 2 decades.
    I played it just fine on my 1060 (which is recommended spec btw).

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I suggest you read my reply again, because you completely missed the mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do forum-dwellers often throw the words: "angry" and "mad" around so easily? What makes you think you have insight in other people's emotions from behind your screen?

Anyway, yeah CP feels like a barebones GTA-wannabe with a sci-fi-mod thrown on top. I did some more side missions and ended up skipping most conversations because they just weren't captivating. Unlike GTA where I wanted to breath in every element of the story and would actually alt-f4 and reload the game if I accidentally skipped a cut scene.

It was decent for what it was, but I don't think I'll boot it up again any time soon.
    You said yourself, “anti hero”. You hate it because the general public like it, some edgy teen hipster suffering with delusions of grandeur, considering you want to call yourself the anti hero.

You just needed DLSS.
    The performance is fine in most areas. Some of the busiest markets and such tank to 40-45 no matter what I do. Maybe it's a CPU issue. DLSS allows my 3070 to maintain above 60, sometimes nearing 80, in every situation but them at 1440p Ultra.

RTX is another matter. Without DLSS, enabling it even at Medium immediately tanks the framerate to 20 if not lower. And even with Balanced DLSS, constant 60 is virtually impossible. RTX is always a frame killer of course but it's even worse than in any other title. Metro Exodus Enhanced also has really, really good ray-tracing but I can maintain 60 or above at all times so long as I don't crank it up to insane levels. Same for Doom Eternal.

In the end I think the performance is acceptable, but merely acceptable coupled with the myriads of bugs on release and general lack of polish and features in the open world made the game look more unfinished than it might be.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...yberpunk_2077/

considering the games min-spec is a 780 or RX470 and the recommended is a 1060/1660 super...yeah no. Not at all. A 1080 should absolutely be able to play the game just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...yberpunk_2077/

considering the games min-spec is a 780 or RX470 and the recommended is a 1060/1660 super...yeah no. Not at all. A 1080 should absolutely be able to play the game just fine.
    It can play the game just fine. Just don't expect high resolution and effects and 60 FPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The performance is fine in most areas. Some of the busiest markets and such tank to 40-45 no matter what I do. Maybe it's a CPU issue. DLSS allows my 3070 to maintain above 60, sometimes nearing 80, in every situation but them at 1440p Ultra.

RTX is another matter. Without DLSS, enabling it even at Medium immediately tanks the framerate to 20 if not lower. And even with Balanced DLSS, constant 60 is virtually impossible. RTX is always a frame killer of course but it's even worse than in any other title. Metro Exodus Enhanced also has really, really good ray-tracing but I can maintain 60 or above at all times so long as I don't crank it up to insane levels. Same for Doom Eternal.

In the end I think the performance is acceptable, but merely acceptable coupled with the myriads of bugs on release and general lack of polish and features in the open world made the game look more unfinished than it might be.
    RTX is a gimmick. Only a few games can use it without your FPS tanking.

Metro Exodus is completely incomparable, it has huge, empty maps.

RTX is a gimmick. Only a few games can use it without your FPS tanking.

Metro Exodus is completely incomparable, it has huge, empty maps.
    Indeed, RTX isn't worth it in most games. Only one I actually left it on the entire way through is Shadow of the Tomb Raider since it didn't tank FPS that much but it also wasn't that visible, being an early version I'd assume. In Cyberpunk the difference between on and off is mostly visible at night. Cranking it up to absolute max does make some scenes look terrific with global illumination (or something that looks like that) but then I'd basically have to drop the resolution AND have DLSS to manage a decent framerate and that's a no from me.

Only the desert map in Exodus is empty. The rest is pretty high on the details, especially the final one. And it's not like Cyberpunk has that many actors on screen at a time, again outside of the really busy markets that murder your FPS even without RTX being involved.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.