Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, I'm not very surprised y'all are still hanging around conjuring up more fictional strawmen to be outraged by.
    And i´m not suprised that the left never even had ANY fucking intention of i don´t know, maybe wait and see if what that little shitstain says is true, but given who i´m talking to here, it´s not really that suprising. People like you and endus and all the others keep lapping shit like that up and are jerking off to the thought that this is happening, see the gay car crash incident.

And the best thing is, even after the proof is out there and we have the evidence that you were wrong the whole fucking time, you´re still denying it.

No sign of any remorse from you, not that i´m suprised about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    And i´m not suprised that the left never even had ANY fucking intention of i don´t know, maybe wait and see if what that little shitstain says is true, but given who i´m talking to here, it´s not really that suprising. People like you and endus and all the others keep lapping shit like that up and are jerking off to the thought that this is happening, see the gay car crash incident.

And the best thing is, even after the proof is out there and we have the evidence that you were wrong the whole fucking time, you´re still denying it.

When exactly have you seen people denying that Jussie Smollet lied?

10+ Year Old Account

My first post in this thread was just a couple months ago, in a multi-year thread, and was pretty much solely directed at criticizing how slow the judicial process has been, not defending Smollett at all.

So you're literally just inventing shit and pretending I said it, as if you have any idea what I actually believe. Clearly, you do not.

This is exactly what Edge- meant when he said you folks were "inventing fictional straw men". You're making this shit up. Out of nothing.

I hate to tell this to ya, but the reality you appear to see is actually fictional. I don't really need to go on defending myself and showing why this post is ridiculous so I won't, but you're literally doing the very thing I posted about.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    When exactly have you seen people denying that Jussie Smollet lied?

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Well first, that post doesn't say anything about Jussie Smollett not lying...just that they aren't going to take CPD's word over Jussie's.

Second, and perhaps this is on me because I wasn't specifically clear, I was speaking about people on this forum. In my defense, I will say that the accusation was levied at particular members of this forum.

Second, and perhaps this is on me because I wasn't specifically clear, I was speaking about people on this forum. In my defense, I will say that the accusation was levied at particular members of this forum.
    Fair. But also i mean saying the cops are lying about smollett lying... im not sure how you can read that as not thinking he lied lol. To be honest the worse part is using Fred Hampton name it a text about that shit stain hato used the cause because he was pissed at his employer.

Fair. But also i mean saying the cops are lying about smollett lying... im not sure how you can read that as not thinking he lied lol.
    It's like when someone you know is a liar says that someone else is lying.

It's like when someone you know is a liar says that someone else is lying.
    I mean you cant interpret it like that if you read the entire thing. If you believe him above the cops, it means you dont believe the evidence the cops have that says he lied. Theres just no reason to ever support someone that fake this thing of shit, literally hurt the cause more then anything and for personal gians on top. Takes an absolute garbage person.

I mean you cant interpret it like that if you read the entire thing. If you believe him above the cops, it means you dont believe the evidence the cops have that says he lied. Theres just no reason to ever support someone that fake this thing of shit, literally hurt the cause more then anything and for personal gians on top. Takes an absolute garbage person.
    It's not a binary of, "You think Smollett lied" or "You think the cops lied and Smollett was honest."

If you actually read the statement, they never speak out in defense of Smollett or even about him or his case specifically outside of "statement about" line. It's entirely consistent with the position of many BLM activists, which is a deep and continual suspicion and advocacy against institutions which they believe (and are often correct) are institutionally/structurally racist.

You can believe, for example, that the cops are gonna lie about anything and you can't trust them, while also believing that Smollett isn't entirely innocent. The two, while seemingly contradictory viewpoints, aren't actually contradictory viewpoints.

I fail to see the need to make those statements in regards to Smollet, if they are not about Smollet's case aka whether he is guilty. To me it would leave a bad taste attempting to piggyback on this case to "fight your fight" when the dude is so clearly a guilty shithead unless they believe he is innocent. But if he is innocent, so why not just straight up say it?

Also that line about white supremacist charade pretty much does say "Smollet was right, cops/judges wrong/bad". Dunno how else you could read it.
    Last edited by Easo; 2021-12-16 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not a binary of, "You think Smollett lied" or "You think the cops lied and Smollett was honest."

If you actually read the statement, they never speak out in defense of Smollett or even about him or his case specifically outside of "statement about" line. It's entirely consistent with the position of many BLM activists, which is a deep and continual suspicion and advocacy against institutions which they believe (and are often correct) are institutionally/structurally racist.

You can believe, for example, that the cops are gonna lie about anything and you can't trust them, while also believing that Smollett isn't entirely innocent. The two, while seemingly contradictory viewpoints, aren't actually contradictory viewpoints.
    The freaking text praises smollett, please read the thing lol. Also before someone bring it up, yes i am aware the ORG for BLM, is not the general movement of BLM. Which sadly this ORG should never have taken that name because they often have dog shit takes that people conflate as if they speak for ALL BLACK people or people that protest in general. I only linked it because i though the person i quoted was saying nobody is still defending smollett. I would agree with you these arent contradiction in another kind of text, but this one is pretty clear that its not saying that, at all.

The problem is theres a full paragraph praising how a stand up guy Smollett is, removing any charitability you are trying to infuse in it. He is not a stand up guy, he faked a grave hate crime, because hes a millionaire that was mad at his employer. You cant get lower then this, beside being the person that commits an actual hate crime. If the text was as you said, there would be no praise given for either of the liars. But one got shades, that cop as an institution generally deserve in the US to be fair, and then praises for the other liar are given.

To be honest even if you remove all this, bringing up people that where murdered like fucking Fred Hampton in a text about fucking piece of shit Jesse Smollett, thats just bad fucking taste period.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2021-12-16 at 09:35 PM.

The freaking text praises smollett, please read the thing lol. Also before someone bring it up, yes i am aware the ORG for BLM, is not the general movement of BLM. Which sadly this ORG should never have taken that name because they often have dog shit takes that people conflate as if they speak for ALL BLACK people or people that protest in general. I only linked it because i though the person i quoted was saying nobody is still defending smollett. I would agree with you these arent contradiction in another kind of text, but this one is pretty clear that its not saying that, at all.

The problem is theres a full paragraph praising how a stand up guy Smollett is, removing any charitability you are trying to infuse in it. He is not a stand up guy, he faked a grave hate crime, because hes a millionaire that was mad at his employer. You cant get lower then this, beside being the person that commits an actual hate crime. If the text was as you said, there would be no praise given for either of the liars. But one got shades, that cop as an institution generally deserve in the US to be fair, and then praises for the other liar are given.

To be honest even if you remove all this, bringing up people that where murdered like fucking Fred Hampton in a text about fucking piece of shit Jesse Smollett, thats just bad fucking taste period.
    Jesse Smolder committed a hate crime by reinforcing the possibility of all future claims that they are probably faked in order to advance an agenda or career.

Its exactly how to interpret it if you read the whole thing. It's less of a defense of Jussie Smollett and more a take-down of Police in general and Chicago PD in specific.

"We can never believe the police, especially the Chicago Police Department"
    "While policing at large is an irredeemable insitution, CPD is notorious...
    "Chicago Police consistently demonstrate they are among the worst of the worst"
    "Police Lie and Chicago Police lie especially"

They are saying they won't take the word of the Chicago PD over Jussie Smollett's... because, in their view, the CPD is among the most corrupt of all police departments.

Its exactly how to interpret it if you read the whole thing. It's less of a defense of Jussie Smollett and more a take-down of Police in general and Chicago PD in specific.

"We can never believe the police, especially the Chicago Police Department"
    "While policing at large is an irredeemable insitution, CPD is notorious...
    "Chicago Police consistently demonstrate they are among the worst of the worst"
    "Police Lie and Chicago Police lie especially"

They are saying they won't take the word of the Chicago PD over Jussie Smollett's... because, in their view, the CPD is among the most corrupt of all police departments.
    Yeah, no. Your first quote is literally removing half the sentence and you know why. You also omitted the part where they praise smollett. Anyway done with this, im sorry but you are trying a bit too hard to make this text say exactly only what you wish it said. Just because this org is called blm, doesent mean you have to support everytying it says, its just an org and not blm as a movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Also that line about white supremacist charade pretty much does say "Smollet was right, cops/judges wrong/bad". Dunno how else you could read it.
    Huffing copium has an adverse effect on the ability to process words.

Yeah, no. Your first quote is literally removing half the sentence and you know why. You also omitted the part where they praise smollett. Anyway done with this, im sorry but you are trying a bit too hard to make this text say exactly only what you wish it said. Just because this org is called blm, doesent mean you have to support everytying it says, its just an org and not blm as a movement.
    The text has far more to do with condemning the CPD than it does with "praising" Smollett. The entire thing is about how they can not trust the CPD because they are among the most corrupt people in a corrupt system.

5+ Year Old Account
    The text has far more to do with condemning the CPD than it does with "praising" Smollett. The entire thing is about how they can not trust the CPD because they are among the most corrupt people in a corrupt system.
    No I think it's fair to believe the statement shows some level of solidarity or defense of his character. It's phrased in a way that puts more emphasized admonishing on the system than Jussie's actions and the consequences of those actions. It even mentions his struggle for black freedom in the context of him actively harming it for our community.

You can read it the way you did, but the message is poorly written and can easily lead one to form suspicions of its intent(aka trying to defend or downplay an indefensible situation).

But regardless it's not even relevant, since the original accusation was about posters not that there aren't bad takes on social media or by large groups.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    No I think it's fair to believe the statement shows some level of solidarity or defense of his character. It's phrased in a way that puts more emphasized admonishing on the system than Jussie's actions and the consequences of those actions. It even mentions his struggle for black freedom in the context of him actively harming it for our community.

You can read it the way you did, but the message is poorly written and can easily lead one to form suspicions of its intent(aka trying to defend or downplay an indefensible situation).

But regardless it's not even relevant, since the original accusation was about posters not that there aren't bad takes on social media or by large groups.
    It's by far more a condemnation of the Police in General and The CPD in specific than it is a defense of Smollett himself. They are specifically saying the reason they believe Smollett over the CPD is because the CPD is a corrupt organization that cannot be trusted. The reasons why they believe the CPD is not to be trusted is listed in excrutiating detail. The "solidarity" with Smollett is more of a byproduct of their complete lack of trust in the CPD. In the entire statement...Jussie Smollett is mentioned once. The rest of the page is devoted to saying why they cannot and will not trust the police.

Really, as I said before, what it really comes down to is like when someone you know to be a malicious liar accuses someone else of making up malicious lies. It doesn't mean that the person they are accusing is innocent....but you are going to need more than just their word.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-12-17 at 06:55 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's by far more a condemnation of the Police in General and The CPD in specific than it is a defense of Smollett himself. They are specifically saying the reason they believe Smollett over the CPD is because the CPD is a corrupt organization that cannot be trusted. The reasons why they believe the CPD is not to be trusted is listed in excrutiating detail. The "solidarity" with Smollett is more of a byproduct of their complete lack of trust in the CPD. In the entire statement...Jussie Smollett is mentioned once. The rest of the page is devoted to saying why they cannot and will not trust the police.

Really, as I said before, what it really comes down to is like when someone you know to be a malicious liar accuses someone else of making up malicious lies. It doesn't mean that the person they are accusing is innocent....but you are going to need more than just their word.
    I originally read it the same way, but I admit it's also easy to take the alternative reaction you see here and ultimately feel it could've been phrased better if that wasn't the intent.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."