Poll: Do you want playable ogres?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard, people want playable ogres and here are some stunning female examples

In the last few years, many threads have been published here asking about the next core/allied races. In all of them, there's one race that excels: OGRES. Blizzard has said in the past that they struggle to create a cool female ogre skin. Well, Blizzard is lying to us. There are loads of examples that prove they are thoroughly wrong and I'm gonna show you some examples they could use. In addition, I'd like to know what your opinion about them is.

Blizzard, please, give us Ogres. We will play them!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd personally prefer something a little like this, maybe with a different clan of Ogres...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'd personally prefer something a little like this, maybe with a different clan of Ogres...

These just look like orcs while the Op's examples look like kul'tirans with some spikes.

I've seen that image, but they look to different from Warcraft ogres. Moreover, the female girl looks like an orc more than an ogre. Maybe they could use that style for the female Mok'Nathal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    These just look like orcs while the Op's examples look like kul'tirans with some spikes.
    Kul'Tirans with spikes? Lol. Are you serious?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ev...ale_Female.png
    Swing that reminds me of his meme which I could absolutely see wow doing again.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Kul'Tirans with spikes? Lol. Are you serious?
    They aren't wrong, if not for the horns/fangs they'd be indistinguishable.

Legit just looks like a Kul Tiran.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/274512705079_/Grande-taille-CHAOS-OGRE-Warrior-female-warhammer-AOS.jpg[/IMG]
    I've thought for a while now they could do Ogres on the Kul'tiran skeleton.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres have been in the Horde since....how long now? How many clans? They should be playable. But now? We'd need something to explain them shrinking down from the sizes we normally fight, or just use the Mok'nothal instead.

KT skeleton comes to mind, but I'm sure the usual folks will be by to explain how that doesn't work shortly, I forgot the reasoning, but it made sense (hence the need to shrink them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

First model looks great. Kind of exactly what I picture a female Ogre in WarCraft would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Ogres have been in the Horde since....how long now? How many clans? They should be playable. But now? We'd need something to explain them shrinking down from the sizes we normally fight, or just use the Mok'nothal instead.

KT skeleton comes to mind, but I'm sure the usual folks will be by to explain how that doesn't work shortly, I forgot the reasoning, but it made sense (hence the need to shrink them).
    This is a good point but aren't Ogre sizes inconsistent to begin with? I seem to remember the ones in Dire Maul and other dungeons being way bigger than the friendly NPCs.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    First model looks great. Kind of exactly what I picture a female Ogre in WarCraft would look like.

This is a good point but aren't Ogre sizes inconsistent to begin with? I seem to remember the ones in Dire Maul and other dungeons being way bigger than the friendly NPCs.

That's a very good point, some NPC ogres are much smaller. I'd still want something to explain it, but I suppose we could just hand-wave it away by just accepting a retcon or something. Tauren are supposed to be much larger than they are in game too no? If true, same could apply to playable ogres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

There's some ogres in duskwood that are particularly small.

Yoooo i love this OP's images.
    They look so cool to me.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they look anything like Kul'tiran or Mogu, I think we're good. Make them thick.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Mok'nathal as an allied race, or actual Ogres as a standalone race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post

Blizzard, please, give us Ogres. We will play them!
    that first imagine literally looks like something that would come from WoW too. I would love to play as an ogre a race I been dying to play since vanilla
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

thas kind the problem with humanoid races, they will look like humans, if those look like kul'tiran, trolls and orcs also look like humans, if you ignore their differences

Ogres having lighter skin make then have similar problem of dwarves, gnomes and elves looking too much like humans

And this pic don't rly look like a kul'tiran, legs and arms are thicker

Female ogres don't fit in the lore and Ogres in general don't fit in certain places in the game. Nonetheless, both can be accomodated. And, Blizzard could easily Retro fit females into the game like they've done with many others things that don't in the lore or the game. For example, they could do something like Female Ogres were oppressed to the homeland and relegated to the kitchen and kids for years, but now they're liberated and can venture out into the world fight for the themselves. It would be a massive hit the ever growing WOW SJW crowd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Female ogres don't fit in the lore and Ogres in general don't fit in certain places in the game..
    those are both incorrect statements

not having a model ingame does not equal to something not existing.

And ogre average is canonically 8ft, 2 ft smaller than taurens and zandalari, who, are playable.

I think ogres would make sense for the Horde, they've been in the lore and part of the Horde since the start.

But without an equally cool race to give to the Alliance, it wouldn't be...hhahahahahaha just kidding, we'll give the Alliance mecha-void-dwarves or something equally pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    That's a very good point, some NPC ogres are much smaller. I'd still want something to explain it, but I suppose we could just hand-wave it away by just accepting a retcon or something. Tauren are supposed to be much larger than they are in game too no? If true, same could apply to playable ogres.
    The thing with the inconsistent sizes, is that Blizzard uses it to bring attention to more/less important figures (See Fordring in Icecrown Citadel for example, being at least twice as tall as any other human). Low level Ogres tend to be small, and high ones being big. I'd imagine Ogres are bigger than Tauren, which is a bit of problem, as Tauren already feel a bit too big. Tauren used to have a lot of problems due to their size, and there is a pretty good chance that having bigger playable characters are going to have the same problems again.

I suppose Blizzard could do some sort of ass-pull and give us pygmy Ogres?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?