Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Nice!

But you know, I just found out that the Druid Werewolf has one of the lowest FHR frames in the game to begin with. It definitely doesn't feel like that, but maybe it's purely related to the extremely slow attackspeed he seems to have. If I equip a fast weapon on any other class, the attack speed makes sense, but when I equip it on a Druid, I have a feeling it is actually slower than its base speed. If that makes sense.

The FHR in the picture is still a good addition. You cross two breakpoints over the course of the skill.
    That's probably due to the attack animation itself. I don't want to touch those as the whole game relies onto hem and breaking things is not what i want. Right now i'm bashing my head against Throw weapon mastery as the added pierce seems to be working but i don't know if it's an animation issue or myself doing something wrong (i literally copied the Amazon passive). So i was thinking to add splash damage to thrown weapons instead of pierce, but i need to chekc if there's something already in the game i can use or if i have to add a completely new property.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's probably due to the attack animation itself. I don't want to touch those as the whole game relies onto hem and breaking things is not what i want. Right now i'm bashing my head against Throw weapon mastery as the added pierce seems to be working but i don't know if it's an animation issue or myself doing something wrong (i literally copied the Amazon passive). So i was thinking to add splash damage to thrown weapons instead of pierce, but i need to chekc if there's something already in the game i can use or if i have to add a completely new property.
    Are you modding D2R, or legacy?

I've been playing HC online. Currently running Baal NM for levels and loot (though that last bit is annoyingly lacking). I'm not really into single player much, but I do enjoy trying out wacky stuff occasionally.

Are you modding D2R, or legacy?

I've been playing HC online. Currently running Baal NM for levels and loot (though that last bit is annoyingly lacking). I'm not really into single player much, but I do enjoy trying out wacky stuff occasionally.
    It's literally the same procedure other than to change the program to extract the game files. So i'm modding Resurrected Beware, online is obviously out of question and if you even manage to log in you're likely getting banned. So it's for offline only (as it was before, and TCP/IP). But the plus is that i can do literally anything i like without affecting anyone else gameplay and it's always possible to get back onto original mode (as you either have the mod in a separate archive or you have basically an entire copy of the game files where the game loads the stuff i make).

I'd to share the work i'm doing and i have two routes:
    - i can easily share the edited files. Anyone just need to extract the data files aswell but it requires basically 35gb of disk space. You can use your current offline characters but stuff may bug out, or other changes to the files may break saves and so on. As i'm playing exclusively modded D2:R it's not an issue.

- i can do the (easy-ish) work of creating the new archive. Will contain edited files only and will occupy not much space, and with a simple -mod command anyone can just download/extract/play the mod. Much safer and risk free for people who don't want to mess with game files but this way you can only play a single mod at a time (cause that's just how it works) and every mod has its own saves; while it's way better for compatibility you'll have to start from scracth for any single mod you install.

I plan to include some other popular mods like the extended inventory/stash (but not more merc inventory slots). Also, after reworking Throwing mastery i think i'm gonna delve into melee Sorceress. I'll pick an armor of choice, enchant weapon, and rework a couple skills to make them just the right pick for a melee build. I'd like to add new ones, but since i'm not going to touch textures very likely it's going to be exlusively "stand-alone skills" with no requirements (i mean, it's piss easy to make those butthey would be just "floating there" with no arrows in the tree and such).

It's literally the same procedure other than to change the program to extract the game files. So i'm modding Resurrected Beware, online is obviously out of question and if you even manage to log in you're likely getting banned. So it's for offline only (as it was before, and TCP/IP). But the plus is that i can do literally anything i like without affecting anyone else gameplay and it's always possible to get back onto original mode (as you either have the mod in a separate archive or you have basically an entire copy of the game files where the game loads the stuff i make).

I'd to share the work i'm doing and i have two routes:
    - i can easily share the edited files. Anyone just need to extract the data files aswell but it requires basically 35gb of disk space. You can use your current offline characters but stuff may bug out, or other changes to the files may break saves and so on. As i'm playing exclusively modded D2:R it's not an issue.

- i can do the (easy-ish) work of creating the new archive. Will contain edited files only and will occupy not much space, and with a simple -mod command anyone can just download/extract/play the mod. Much safer and risk free for people who don't want to mess with game files but this way you can only play a single mod at a time (cause that's just how it works) and every mod has its own saves; while it's way better for compatibility you'll have to start from scracth for any single mod you install.

I plan to include some other popular mods like the extended inventory/stash (but not more merc inventory slots). Also, after reworking Throwing mastery i think i'm gonna delve into melee Sorceress. I'll pick an armor of choice, enchant weapon, and rework a couple skills to make them just the right pick for a melee build. I'd like to add new ones, but since i'm not going to touch textures very likely it's going to be exlusively "stand-alone skills" with no requirements (i mean, it's piss easy to make those butthey would be just "floating there" with no arrows in the tree and such).
    I remember MPQ editing from the "olden" days, but I can't remember a single thing Either way, it's fun to play around with and I'll definitely make a melee Sorceress in the future. It's going to take a bit of work (gear) to make that viable, but that's the fun of it. Experiment!

Let me know when you have something to share that works without being OP, I'll try to make some time to fool around with it. Can I make a copy of the game and force it to go offline mode?

I remember MPQ editing from the "olden" days, but I can't remember a single thing Either way, it's fun to play around with and I'll definitely make a melee Sorceress in the future. It's going to take a bit of work (gear) to make that viable, but that's the fun of it. Experiment!

Let me know when you have something to share that works without being OP, I'll try to make some time to fool around with it. Can I make a copy of the game and force it to go offline mode?
    You just need to create another shortcut to the game client with the -mod MODNAME command. SO you can launch it modded and not independently. I have to test if you literally see different characters.

EDIT: melee sorc is a thing. Basically Shiver Armor + Enchant + Hydra (has an aura that boosts AS and gives some life regen and magic damage). Only think left is taking Telekinesis and morph it into a melee spammable lightning "cleave" (cause Tele is basically fodder in vanilla D2) so you have an actual main attack. And editing the table files to change decription strings where needed.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-10-06 at 05:26 PM.

Ok, @Vespian i think i'm done. Now it's all about repacking my modded files for ease of use and share.

Interesting! Keep me posted when you have it online. I'll definitely try it out. Lower priority than my HC online adventures though, I'll be honest

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely like a balance pass at the very least to buff some of the less stellar builds.

No thanks. Full focus on Diablo 4. No more distractions

Interesting! Keep me posted when you have it online. I'll definitely try it out. Lower priority than my HC online adventures though, I'll be honest
    Found a way to avoid repacking mpqs, but keeping the convenience of a seoarate mod. Likely tomorrow it will be up on nexusmods.

You know what I want .. Plugy, fuck all the other QOL shit .. endless stash space that is shared across all characters, I already miss having Plugy.

Great timing, with the servers being down xD

Adding a map editor like wc3 would be great.

Mods like Pd2 in resurrected would be amazing.

d2 the best. But unfortunately there are no add-ons so far in the future

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No thanks. Full focus on Diablo 4. No more distractions
    D4 is a complete different team, it’s not that D2 development “steals” resources for D4.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diab...4Qdz_h6JwecVlc

Looks like first step to getting actual class balance updates to the game rather than it just staying static.

This includes new Runewords on the horizon. Pretty interesting.

Also Set bonus buffs is great news. I've been collecting some lesser sets and just having fun completing them and having the benefit of a full bonus, but they're really nothing to sneeze at for any mid-to-end game viability. Really fun for throwing on a new character and having a mini-boost through the early slog till you get your good skills. I'm hoping that the partial and full set boosts will make them more viable than everyone just aiming for the usual enigmas, shakos and hoto/spirit weapons.

Been playing a Werewolf Druid for the first time and got myself some really awesome weapon drops. Unfortunately nothing beats an upped Ribcracker. I want to have a reason to use Aldur's set, but there's so many other items than the weapon + set bonuses. Hopefully the set boosts will make it worth-while.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-12-15 at 11:05 PM.

Maybe i didn't read well the blog post about the class balance updates, but they didn't mention making those changes to classic Diablo 2.... which annoys me a lot. It means they are trying their hardest to make people like me that are fine with the original version to get resurrected with the new goodies.
    Some time ago i tried building a fendazon with two handed spears and it wasn't good, so i'm happy blizzard aknowledged some skills are just bad.
    Last but not least: never was a fun of ladder only runewords and items, and being able to mod the game to access them in single player was great.

All these new changes are tempting, but i can not justify buying this remaster yet. With luck and patience modders can add all these feature to classic if blizzard won't update the old game. I'm just salty i believed classic and resurrected could co exist, but blizzard wants old nostalgic players like me to get the new product.... Meh... I'm such a grumpy gamer.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Maybe i didn't read well the blog post about the class balance updates, but they didn't mention making those changes to classic Diablo 2.... which annoys me a lot. It means they are trying their hardest to make people like me that are fine with the original version to get resurrected with the new goodies.
    Some time ago i tried building a fendazon with two handed spears and it wasn't good, so i'm happy blizzard aknowledged some skills are just bad.
    Last but not least: never was a fun of ladder only runewords and items, and being able to mod the game to access them in single player was great.

All these new changes are tempting, but i can not justify buying this remaster yet. With luck and patience modders can add all these feature to classic if blizzard won't update the old game. I'm just salty i believed classic and resurrected could co exist, but blizzard wants old nostalgic players like me to get the new product.... Meh... I'm such a grumpy gamer.
    As someone who is still playing classic D2 and not Ressurected, I think it's a good thing that they're not touching the original.

If the balance changes f'up everything and make it too different, at least there is something to go back to. It's not like WC3 Reforged where there's literally no 'Classic War3' ever again.

Nice they are looking at Werebear. I might dust off my toon again if the changes are good enough.

OT : A new expansion would be interesting. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility. Especially since its Blizzard we are talking about and this game has no future monetization outside of new box sales.

That said, what could they possibly do for the story? D:I is already meant to serve as a bridge between II and III. They can't really have you deal with any of the prime or less evils. Just not sure what type of boss they could cook up unless they go for some smaller scale and world building focused.