Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Hotfixes - December 16, 2021

WoW Hotfixes - December 16, 2021
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Items and Rewards

• Au'Dara in Oribos now sells the Incense of Infinity for 500 gold. Use the Incense at your Forge of Bonds to learn all conduits and increase the item level of all conduits in your collection up to 200. This item is bound to account, and can be purchased once you have obtained Renown 80 on any character. Note: Your character must be level 60 to use the Incense, as the Conduit system is not available until then.

WoW Classic Era and Season of Mastery

• On Season of Mastery realms, the Unseen spirits in Duskwood will now reveal themselves when someone is brave enough to disturb them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A welcome relief for alts.

Wow, Winter Veil came early for my alts!

Too bad it needs renown 80 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Too bad it needs renown 80 :/
    If you haven't managed to bring ONE character to 80 more than a year after the release when renown is literally shoveled on you, you aren't really playing the game so this change will not affect you don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixef View Post
    If you haven't managed to bring ONE character to 80 more than a year after the release when renown is literally shoveled on you, you aren't really playing the game so this change will not affect you don't worry.
    Dude many people dont give a flying damn about renown and ll the bullshit in this expansion.

Dont people at blizzard dont know the meanings of the word in other languages? I mean "Conduits" are translated at this item with the word "Leitungen" whats mean (depends on context) Management/Cables/(Pipe)lines lel. This hotfix seems like last minute fix.

Quote Originally Posted by natham View Post
    Dude many people dont give a flying damn about renown and ll the bullshit in this expansion.
    So you're not playing the game. Shouldn't concern you then...

Probably they didn't got back the amount of players they tought they will with Mage Tower, and now they are trying everything in the book.

Sorry Blizzard, that ain't fixing your queue times in BGs and especially the time needed to find a random LFG partner for arena 2s.

And from the looks of it, patch 9.2 and the Solo Schuffle mess won't bring me back either.

This is what happens when you let freaks run the show For me WoW feels like ... that family member or friend who is a drug addict, and you all tried everything to make him better and not use drugs, but he is still an addict and he stil begs for money and cries, just like the scene "I'll Be a Good Boy" from The Basketball Diaries(1995) with Leonardo DiCaprio.
    So sorry for you WoW, hope you will get some sane devs soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankarnius View Post
    So you're not playing the game. Shouldn't concern you then...
    You know it is sad when you take a critique to the game as personal. This mean you should do reality check and the state of your real life.

I don’t think I’ll ever get to renown 80, but it is hard to get when you don’t log in

You know it is sad when you take a critique to the game as personal. This mean you should do reality check and the state of your real life.
    Self check complete. My conclusion: Keep your assumptions to yourself (cos they reveal alot more about you than me ) I just hope blizzard stops catering to your type. A type of player thats wants a game where everything is meaningless, where you don't need to invest time and/or gain skill. Look where your type of attitude has taken the game.

If you logged into a maxed out character with everything in the game, with an amazing storyline. You'd still find something to b*tch about. Just quit the game and come back when you actually want to play.
    Last edited by Guanciale; 2021-12-17 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Dont people at blizzard dont know the meanings of the word in other languages? I mean "Conduits" are translated at this item with the word "Leitungen" whats mean (depends on context) Management/Cables/(Pipe)lines lel. This hotfix seems like last minute fix.

It means similar in English, at least a few of its uses.

Errm...You obviously not playing with the game...
    "Completing some Covenant Callings. Not all of them offer bonus catch-up Renown, but most do. This is also not entirely consistent from character to character.
    Killing the weekly World Boss. This always rewards catch-up Renown if available, but this only works once per week.
    Completing levels in Torghast.
    Completing the following dungeon tasks:
    Queuing for and completing a random dungeon or LFR
    Completing the Oribos quests to run dungeons that provide reputation from your Covenant
    Completing Mythic and Mythic+ dungeons
    Win a PvP objective such as a battleground
    Quests from Highlord Bolvar Fordragon for Torghast that reward Soul Ash
    Raid bosses in Castle Nathria can sometimes drop Renown
    Completing Bonus Objective areas"

conduits were a failed system that attempted to be similar to artifact weapon relics, but didn't have the same level of excitement when obtaining them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Sorry Blizzard, that ain't fixing your queue times in BGs and especially the time needed to find a random LFG partner for arena 2s.
    This is the weirdest complaint ever, BG queues are never more than like 2 minutes. How fast do you expect them to be? And if you can't find partners in LFG that seems like a you problem, I hit glad with people I found in LFG last season. Odd way of saying you're both impatient and anti-social, perhaps MMOs aren't for you lol.

On topic I'm really happy with the Conduit change, 200 ilvl is enough for alts to at least get started and it saves an insane amount of time. I said a few weeks ago that conduits are the biggest barrier to alts currently, nice to see them change it. Between this and the honor change I'll definitely be doing arenas on more alts now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Will dinged alts in future automatically get 200 c0nduit n other thingies??

Or he's just stating that since virtually every level 60 activity rewards catchup renown, that if its pretty easy to get 80 even if you 'dont care about renown'. If you aren't getting renown at all, it means you aren't doing max level activities.

At which point why are you caring about conduits?

5+ Year Old Account
    What happens to that BoA thingy u buy in korthia that increases a resource which u need to upgrade gear for alts?

I still have to buy one for every single alt???

This is definitely needed but damn I wish this was brought in a week earlier after spending 3 days farming rifts. There are far too many systems this expansion for alts and returning players to mention. The damage difference you will experience in raids between yourself and relatively similar geared players is horrendous. There are over a dozen different currencies this expansion. It is utter madness. As a player who has played since Vanilla I specifically remember other expansions where Devs promised there would never be so many currencies/systems to manage - but he we are with far more than any expansion before.

While some players are right to say it doesn't take long to catch up. It is still - by a country mile - the most overwhelming experience for returning players that I can ever remember. The over-reliance on third party websites to explain and guide you through the process is mind-boggling.
    Last edited by Ardourdan; 2021-12-17 at 04:30 PM.