Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    You wouldn't even be able to see the downvotes anyway.
    There are still some ways to see it. :P
    ... atleast until they won't turn off API completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    aww what a cutie, just purchased him for myself and gifted to all my guildies <3

EDIT
    Infracted? what
    If you mention the cash shop or the cash shop items in any form of ”Positive” way.

Ofc they will punish you.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    After wow falls? You really are in for the long haul then! This aint going away, just as wow aint going away in years. FF is just as bad, arguably worse, but never gets flack whatsoever. Wonder why that is?

That said - I agree with you. All mounts, cosmetics, mounts++ should be in the game. Not in a shop.
    Because that game is actually good. I thought this was obvious to anyone around or above average IQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because a lot of shop items are former ingame event items that were available to all back then and the game itself offers plenty of cool unique mounts, pets and glams through the actual game rather than relegating all the cool shit to the shop.

No more need to wonder!

(EDIT: oh and it still gets flack)
    Thats even worse. Past event items people had to work for can now be bought for money.

But I would love a direct comparison of ingame mounts in wow and FF how many are earnable / buyable / unique for the shop

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Thats even worse. Past event items people had to work for can now be bought for money.

But I would love a direct comparison of ingame mounts in wow and FF how many are earnable / buyable / unique for the shop
    technically all the store mounts for wow are earnable, cause you can get gold then use it to buy a token then use that to buy a mount.
    ff14 if you want a store mount you HAVE to pay real money.
    that is one of the few benefits for the wow token, that it works both ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Hurray, more shop items to blatantly pad the numbers for the next quarterly earnings call

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    aww what a cutie, just purchased him for myself and gifted to all my guildies <3

EDIT
    Infracted? what
    We post hate here sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    technically all the store mounts for wow are earnable, cause you can get gold then use it to buy a token then use that to buy a mount.
    ff14 if you want a store mount you HAVE to pay real money.
    that is one of the few benefits for the wow token, that it works both ways.
    So someone else paid for it.

Aren't we past the point where people say this kind of stuff.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, that's the thing about most of those limited availability holiday items in FF, they don't force you to arbitrarily grind. It's more about just having an active sub when they drop to hop in and do the event. By putting stuff on the shop they go out of their way to make sure people aren't pressured into the FOMO. Sure, you can pay 15$ to resub and do the event now, or you can pick up the item for 5$ when it hits the cash shop at a later date when you're more invested in the game.

Sure, FF14 is as bad as wow in that some stuff on there is just cash shop exclusive, but the bulk of it (which comes into play because people use the quantity of items to say that the ff store is worse) is just old stuff like this. And that's absolutely not a bad thing.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2021-12-17 at 10:25 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    nah, sadly subscription models are not enough for a mmo to survive, so these games need to rely on other methods of moneymaking.
    there is no mmo that has ONLY a sub. most even have 3+ ways of monetization. its not a thing that has really ever worked. even back in 2004 blizzard had to get something so they branched out to stuff like the TCG, and server transfers.
    Yeah I didn't think there were any anymore that were pure sub with no other monetization. So being outraged about a pet or a mount or whatever is just a little weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by macphistofly View Post
    FF14 is pulling their game from sale because too many people want to play it.
    Like @FelPlague said I'm not sure that's entirely true. Or at the very least it's a little misleading. I'm not trying to shit on FFXIV, it's 100% not a game for me but I want it to do well because competition is great and it's competition for the games that I actually do enjoy, so I celebrate FFXIV's success. But listen ... the queue numbers aren't that amazing, what amazes me is how slow the queue moves. I don't know many people playing the game, I have like 2 people in my guild who play FFXIV when they're not raiding in WoW and they have to keep FFXIV open in the background to not get disconnected and have to deal with the queue and even they've said that the queue just moves slow. Nobody is watching FFXIV which is weird because it's a story driven game, it has some of the worst MMO viewership numbers ever when Asmongold or that Rich guy aren't streaming it. It's a new expansion, nothing is going on WoW, but WoW consistently has higher viewership numbers on Twitch than FFXIV does. I know it's doing well, but I think that how well is vastly overstated and hey that's cool that the community for it is optimistic as long as they're not being dicks to other people.

I've actually never seen a game still have so many server issues this far past an expansion launch. That plus the slowness of the queue indicates more of a hardware problem to me than a popularity problem. It could be the same thing that WoW suffers from where they built around what players do and they didn't expect any sort of boon in popularity. You know how you used to be able to do big city raids in WoW but somewhere along the way Blizzard stopped supporting that because players weren't doing it anymore so now if you try the game slows to a halt? FFXIV has been stable for a long time and maybe they just weren't ready for the boost they got over the summer and they planned really poorly for the expansion launch. It's still a game in a niche genre it really shouldn't have this many problems, there aren't that many MMO players.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

It's not super great, honestly.

They do offer the occasional holiday mount that's fairly unique, and you usually get a mount someway through the game's storyline.

But if we're talking mounts earned from raids... ehhh.... Basically each expansion has a mount theme (for instance, ARR had horses, Heavensward had birds, Stormblood and Dogs, Shadowbringers had dragons), that drops from the expansion's Extreme Trials (think Normal Mode Raids in WoW) - one off boss fights. The bosses either drop the mount outright, or you get a totem that, after collecting 99, can be exchanged for a mount. Than, if you collect them all, you can do a short sidequest that unlocks an "ultimate" mount, that's basically the same thing with a fancier skin.

The problem is each mount is the same thing, just reskinned - it's be basically like if Blizzard took the Dragonflight Mounts, and made each one the mythic only raid drop each patch. Overally, WoW simply offers way more mounts and pets to collect than XIV does, and many of them are a lot more unique (or cleverly remodeled), it's not even a comparison.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    that or they are too cheap to buy more servers and buy better infastructure.
    They did address this back in July,

"The COVID-19 pandemic has seen an extreme drop in semiconductor production in factories across the globe. This, coupled with an increase in demand for electronics due to more people working at home, has resulted in an international shortage of semiconductors that, in turn, has resulted in a prolonged delay in the delivery of the servers we ordered for our data centers"

Among other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Because that game is actually good. I thought this was obvious to anyone around or above average IQ?
    looks like I made someone angry. Did I talk bad about your game? :|

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because a lot of shop items are former ingame event items that were available to all back then and the game itself offers plenty of cool unique mounts, pets and glams through the actual game rather than relegating all the cool shit to the shop.

No more need to wonder!

(EDIT: oh and it still gets flack)
    ALlright, thats cool! I didnt know that. Thats a nice move by SE.

They missed the oportunity of making a magic breast milk bottle that follows you around!
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    looks like I made someone angry. Did I talk bad about your game? :|
    Oh no, you misunderstand. I absolutely abhor the FF14 store as much as the WoW one (the whole token thing is a different discussion though). The fact that a game with a box price, pay-for expansions and a subscription model has a store is fucking ridiculous in my view.

That said, what I am trying to make you understand is that the fact that Worlo being in a bit of a precarious state at the moment, with the seemingly comical addition of rampart harassment and now brought up to the Grand Theft Milk levels of degeneracy, does not help it's cause much. If people are pissed of at the company and deem the game to be in a, fairly put, pretty bad place, of course adding a new fucking pet to the store is going to bring up some feels. Are you really that dumb that you can't get your head around this? It's not rocket science.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    They did address this back in July,

"The COVID-19 pandemic has seen an extreme drop in semiconductor production in factories across the globe. This, coupled with an increase in demand for electronics due to more people working at home, has resulted in an international shortage of semiconductors that, in turn, has resulted in a prolonged delay in the delivery of the servers we ordered for our data centers"

Among other stuff
    Seems like a rather weak excuse given how many other games have launched new servers under COVID, surely if so many other company’s can get them square Enix could as well.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Seems like a rather weak excuse given how many other games have launched new servers under COVID, surely if so many other company’s can get them square Enix could as well.
    They did. It wasn't enough. Its taking them a lot of time to get more.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They did. It wasn't enough. Its taking them a lot of time to get more.
    So they did buy more but we’re to cheap to get a surplus even though you’d think they’d expect a huge launch and now apparently can’t get any more even though other company’s are seemingly having no issues doing so.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Not really, that's the thing about most of those limited availability holiday items in FF, they don't force you to arbitrarily grind. It's more about just having an active sub when they drop to hop in and do the event. By putting stuff on the shop they go out of their way to make sure people aren't pressured into the FOMO. Sure, you can pay 15$ to resub and do the event now, or you can pick up the item for 5$ when it hits the cash shop at a later date when you're more invested in the game.

Sure, FF14 is as bad as wow in that some stuff on there is just cash shop exclusive, but the bulk of it (which comes into play because people use the quantity of items to say that the ff store is worse) is just old stuff like this. And that's absolutely not a bad thing.
    This is pretty misleading honestly.

The only things that are $5 are stuff like, emotes/pets/joke costumes.
    Starlight bear for example, is $12 and you have to buy it for each character individually.

And there are event items that don't come back, like the FFXV car mount, which did require a bit of grinding to get the tokens to buy. Or at least they don't get added to the shop to be more clear, the event ran twice so far but it had a 2 year gap with no actual hint that it would return in the future.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-12-17 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macphistofly View Post
    FF14 is pulling their game from sale because too many people want to play it. Wow comes out with another store pet.
    and as we all know releasing half baked skit would safe them...

i mean what do you expect? That they release 9.2 tomorrow, bringing a 10.0 announcement & discussion stream? If they have nothing in the pipeline they cant do anything.

I dont care for FF but im happy that it becomes more popular, so maybe blizz feels finally in c harge to do anything about their game.