Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    blood elf assassins and undeads were trained for it, assassination operation when the enemy is not expecting, in a place suited for being sneaky, and when you can turn invisible is not that absurd

that is the utmost truth here, warfare simple just doesn't make sense in wow, just like races that were supposed to be almost extinct being able to pull numbers out of their asses

in some cases with races who reproduce quickly you can understand a quickly growth, but to some like elves and humans is just absurd, blood elves were 90% wipe out, but they pop up fucking everywhere.
    Yeah, that struck me as well when i read the "War of thorns"-stories, as powerful as rogues are made out to be, why bother with armies? Send in two dozen rogues and wait a while...

Population figures are... flexible on Azeroth, as you said, the blood elves are "The last remnants" of the high elves after Arthas, but there's enough of them to field armies on a whim, but even orcs, one of the most fast-breeding races, and training as warriors from the moment they can walk, at some point they should just, you know, run out of people, especially since half the fighting they do is among themselves.

But when it's dramatic, we'll see Anduin lamenting about having to send farmers to the front next, only for him to field entire armies again when the plot demands that, Blizz writers just aren't much good at detail, logistics, tactics, characterization...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Yeah, that struck me as well when i read the "War of thorns"-stories, as powerful as rogues are made out to be, why bother with armies? Send in two dozen rogues and wait a while...

Population figures are... flexible on Azeroth, as you said, the blood elves are "The last remnants" of the high elves after Arthas, but there's enough of them to field armies on a whim, but even orcs, one of the most fast-breeding races, and training as warriors from the moment they can walk, at some point they should just, you know, run out of people, especially since half the fighting they do is among themselves.

But when it's dramatic, we'll see Anduin lamenting about having to send farmers to the front next, only for him to field entire armies again when the plot demands that, Blizz writers just aren't much good at detail, logistics, tactics, characterization...
    with orcs, trolls and goblins you can understand their population being high because they breed like rabbits, orcs "mature" at age of 13 and back in cata there was a huge growth with older numerous clans coming back like blackrock and the maghar(they don't fight against each other as much other races do tbh).

But with elves is the most absurd, races with long lives rare have children, by this point after all the war and bloodshed all elves would go extinct by now, especially he/be.

But in the end, they rly don' care bout the logistics and worldbuilding anymore, before they even tried to make some sense of it, like, adding a new city, a new clan/tribe, or whatever to explain more numbers

5+ Year Old Account
    Seems people want to know more about elven force-breeding camps, that located underground "Beneath the Tree".

Make Firepaw a warchief, damn put some pandarens on display, orcs vs night elfs for years , so boring.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2021-12-11 at 10:48 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    with orcs, trolls and goblins you can understand their population being high because they breed like rabbits, orcs "mature" at age of 13 and back in cata there was a huge growth with older numerous clans coming back like blackrock and the maghar(they don't fight against each other as much other races do tbh).

But with elves is the most absurd, races with long lives rare have children, by this point after all the war and bloodshed all elves would go extinct by now, especially he/be.

But in the end, they rly don' care bout the logistics and worldbuilding anymore, before they even tried to make some sense of it, like, adding a new city, a new clan/tribe, or whatever to explain more numbers
    You're right there, but just because i'm a nitpicker, i checked WoWpedia's "Warcraft timeline"-page (No idea how reliable they are, but they are most complete), it's currently year 33 (Counting from the original "Warcraft"-game), and "World of Warcraft" started in year 25, so if orcs are mature (As mature as orcs get) at age 13, they must have been born in... (Scrolls up in the timeline-page) the beginning of the third war (So "Warcraft 3: Reign of chaos"), considering the number of orcs (And all other races, but i'm using orcs as an example) that got killed over the expansions, well, let's just say i totally agree with your claim that worldbuilding and suspension of disbelief aren't priorities at Blizz HQ anymore...

1+ Year Old Account
    Wow good to know literally nothing on kalimdor has changed over the last 10 years
    "Lol" said the scorpion, "lmao"

While I can see why they wouldn't want to progress the world in a book rather than in game, at the same time its sort of curious why they'd release this now.

This would be better to release after a revamp to help knit things past and future together. Of course, this assumes a revamp is coming, which this book suggests there isn't.

Instead its a book about how nothing changes in this game.

The Alliance has a Death Star while the Horde lives in huts yet they still lose. Sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnaroo View Post
    Wow good to know literally nothing on kalimdor has changed over the last 10 years
    is actually worse than nothing changing

it changed then regressed to what it was before.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The Alliance has a Death Star while the Horde lives in huts yet they still lose. Sad.
    the Horde has the two best arcane races
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The vindicaar with 90% drainei defeated the burnning legion on their homewold. Why can't the draenei with the rest of the alliance beat some orcs? That should just consist of the amount held in prisons in WC3 (who have been widdled down since vanilla) and then a group of kids and teenagers?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-12-17 at 08:31 PM.

No they don't. The Alliance has a race that is so good and advanced in the Arcane that they literally gave Sargeras a boner.

Anything the Sin'dorei can do, the Ren'dorei can replicate it (since they are former Sin'dorei) and better (since they are infused with the Void, which augments their natural abilities).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-12-17 at 08:32 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The vindicaar with 90% drainei defeated the burnning legion on their homewold. Why can't the draenei with the rest of the alliance beat some orcs? That should just consist of the amount held in prisons in WC3 (who have been widdled down since vanilla) and then a group of kids and teenagers?
    The "90% Draenei" on top of it hid away from the Legion for 25k years and still needed human potential to lead them. Besides, the way you're phrasing it implies the Vindicaar did the heavy lifting. Meanwhile in the real world, as has been already mentioned in this thread from what I recall, the "death star" in question is actually a can opener at best and only opened the way for the ground troops that did all the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    No they don't. The Alliance has a race that is so good and advanced in the Arcane that they literally gave Sargeras a boner.
    Yeah, let's "forget" to mention that the hippies in charge of the race exiled them after the Legion invasion, which led to the creation of one of the very Horde races that @Ardenaso was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Kaldorei are a piece of the greater puzzle, which shows that Blizzard doesn't want to finish what they start. The Night Elves should've either been completely driven off from Northern Kalimdor or they should've completely driven the Horde out of it by now. Them mantaining the status quo is just a ridiculous perpetuation of something that makes no sense at this point.

I would've liked to see the night elves establish a capital in Feralas, while NK ends up being a massive battlefront between the Alliance operating out of Azuremyst and Bloodmist Isle and the Horde that is pushing up North from Orgrimmar. This is what I envisioned would happen after Teldrassil was burned down.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-12-17 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ren'dorei and the Highborne are Alliance
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    And don't forget the Draenei, who were so advanced that they literally left Sargeras speechless.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnaroo View Post
    This is the book's capital sin: nobody is going to be interested in a book whose sole purpose seems to be upholding the #%&@ty statu quo of Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    modern Night Elves were the lowborn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I don't recall any awesome moments from the Ren'dorei other than their war crimes in Zul'dazar and sending goblins and Zan'dalari civilians in void portals (worse than death);

edit: other than teleporting allies in the Battle of Lordaeron, I'm impressed there but that's a level 6 Human Archmage skill

also the Highborne are so outdated that the Blood Elves see them as a joke
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2021-12-18 at 01:27 AM.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

modern Night Elves were the lowborn

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall any awesome moments from the Ren'dorei other than their war crimes in Zul'dazar and sending goblins and Zan'dalari civilians in void portals (worse than death);

edit: other than teleporting allies in the Battle of Lordaeron, I'm impressed there but that's a level 6 Human Archmage skill

also the Highborne are so outdated that the Blood Elves see them as a joke
    I'm talking about the Draenei...

You know, the race that was so advanced that they indeed gave Sargeras a boner.
    I don't recall any awesome moments from the Ren'dorei
    Their existence in itself is awesomeness, as the first mortals in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers and ascend to a higher state.

The Ren'dorei are awesome purely by existing.
    Gameplay =/= Story
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-12-18 at 10:03 AM.

and sending goblins and Zan'dalari civilians in void portals (worse than death);
    despite what Varodoc might believe, that's not a fate "worse than death", it's simply....a death.

They just died immediately died in the Void by shock, and then their souls immediately went to the Shadowlands (okay to the Maw, but still they didn't stay in the Void for "an eternity of torment" or anything like that).

This because, as living beings, their souls are still connected to the Shadowlands, no matter on what plane of existence they die. Just like a Demon, no matter where he dies, will always return to the Twisting Nether.

So...yeah. It's a sneaky and cowardly way the Ren'dorei have to kill opponents, but the dead still go to the Shadowlands, Void didn't claim them at all.

the Ren'dorei and the Highborne are Alliance
    until the Ren'dorei and Highborne can produce a magical weapon of mass-destruction that have the potential to wipe out thousands in an instant and destroy a whole city, I would assume...not...yet....
    Last edited by Synvanas; 2021-12-18 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synvanas View Post
    despite what Varodoc might believe, that's not a fate "worse than death", it's simply....a death.

They just died immediately died in the Void by shock, and then their souls immediately went to the Shadowlands (okay to the Maw, but still they didn't stay in the Void for "an eternity of torment" or anything like that).

This because, as living beings, their souls are still connected to the Shadowlands, no matter on what plane of existence they die. Just like a Demon, no matter where he dies, will always return to the Twisting Nether.

So...yeah. It's a sneaky and cowardly way the Ren'dorei have to kill opponents, but the dead still go to the Shadowlands, Void didn't claim them at all.

until the Ren'dorei and Highborne can produce a magical weapon of mass-destruction that have the potential to wipe out thousands in an instant and destroy a whole city, I would assume...not...yet....
    I'm going to point out two Canonical facts that you obviously missed:

1) It is explicitly mentioned by Danuser that, provided the conditions are met, souls may not actually return to their original afterlife when they die and can instead be subverted. Hence why Argus the Titan of Death went to the Shadowlands instead of the Realm of Order. Since those mortal souls were sent to the Void, the domain of the VOID LORDS, No, it is not granted at all that they'll go to the Shadowlands upon death.

2) The Ren'dorei weapon of mass-destruction is inside them