Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandroo View Post
    I do not disagree at all. That's why I've never been a raider. I never got on the gear treadmill. I think raiders are silly. Especially with mythic+ and all these different raid difficulties now. You do content, so you can get gear, so you can access the same content on a slightly higher difficulty. It's idiotic.
    gee, repetition in MMORPG, thats new... wait, no, its not, at least not for 20 years or so...
    if you dont want repetition play singleplayer games, not mmorpg

- - - Updated - - -

Good. Give them things to unlock that have a purpose other than making the unlocking process slightly easier.
    you mean like pets, mounts, transmogs, which as far as we know all will be tied to cypher system in the zone?
    not all rewards have to be tied to power...

Hilarious. People bitch for months that they need to do stuff to get power. Now they CAN do stuff to earn stuff and people bitch, that they have nothing to do.

THis is getting so extremly laughable.

It's fun to do something that gives you no rewards?
    yes...
    that is LITERALY how most hobby work, you do something just bcs you enjoy it...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-12-17 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Yes, this new zone system is optional, you can skip it. How good is a content patch that brings a main system where it being skippable is pointed out as its merit?
    I mean it's really no different when main things in a patch are a raid that most of the playerbase skips anyway and gets a little bit of questing here and there. It's just a different flip this time from what we can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I mean it's really no different when main things in a patch are a raid that most of the playerbase skips anyway and gets a little bit of questing here and there. It's just a different flip this time from what we can see.
    Seems like a positive overall. Locking content behind easier content always annoyed me. It is why I couldn't get into diablo. I wanted to start on nightmare.

Yes, this new zone system is optional, you can skip it. How good is a content patch that brings a main system where it being skippable is pointed out as its merit?
    It's not the fact it can be skipped as such that's applauded, but the fact that it does not contain player power so the choice of skipping it or not is actually a choice for raiders/key pushers.

Content like Nazjatar is great if I can play it when I feel like it. But essences attached to it meant raiders would grind the shit out of it to get max rank, you could technically skip it but if you need the player power it's a hollow choice meaning no choice at all.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When it's for People that aren't you and you alone?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    timegating has been a thing since Vanilla. Reps were timegated via dailies. yet people think that this is a new thing when it's really not.

- - - Updated - - -

as has been the system for every patch since the beginning of WoW

... not really, no.

It's for fun.

I'm legitimately excited for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    If you feel this way, you're holding yourself hostage. You need to let yourself out, man, and the key is in your pocket.
    If something's fun, fun is the only reward needed. If you need reward for it to feel fun, it's probably not fun. Also, fun is subjective. Preferably, all content should be skippable, but milking raidloggers is sadly too profitable for that.
    I didn't mention anything about fun.

I'd like to do new content but unfortunately the story being a steaming pile of dogshit means I have no interest in playing through or paying attention to what happens next. And since there are no compelling rewards to me (I give zero fucks about pets and mounts outside of raid mounts/glad mount) then I will gladly skip the content and raid log/do my arenas

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    ... not really, no.
    Um yeah it is. Every raid patch has that. Sometimes even less.

The same reason every other system exists in WoW.

To keep you subbed through eight months of pointless weekly limited grinds.

Um yeah it is. Every raid patch has that. Sometimes even less.

Sorry, but thats literally not true for 9.1, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1 and I am actually too lazy to go back and check because its already obvious that I am right lol

- - - Updated - - -

as has been the system for every patch since the beginning of WoW

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some people like to log in, do a bit of fun mindless shit and progress towards some silly little rewards. It's a core part of the game for lots of people that live outside of the maze. I know that's a scary concept for people that just grind the same maze every week hundreds of time for some sperg points with other spergs or just take turns convincing their guild to let them parse stupidly high on bosses, but it's what the game is for a lot of people. That's why it's there. They made it so you can ignore it and keep in your little maze doing things nobody cares about.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Pretty damn good IMO. If the content is good enough to stand on its own without carrot on a stick power gains then people will play it anyway, & if it turns out to be crap at least it can be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It's for fun.

I'm legitimately excited for it.
    Crazy talk!!!

I didn't know what it was but seeing you people argue on the first page makes me look forward to it now Thanks lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The purpose is to create a time-gating grind system to try to keep people subscribed because Blizzzard has no idea how to create actually engaging content.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Sorry, but thats literally not true for 9.1, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1 and I am actually too lazy to go back and check because its already obvious that I am right lol
    I mean you didn't prove that you are right at all. You just listed patches. The person you quoted was right in that every patch has had some timegated system to it. Whether it was an actual system, reputation, raid attunements, etc. The only ones that might be excludes are X.Y.5 but those don't include raids.

9.1 we had Renown Timegates and Korthia / Archivist
    8.3 we had Visions / Rajani / Uldum
    8.1 - 8.3 we had various essence ranks
    7.1 - 7.3 we had 2x Legendary and Artifact

But yeah all the patches you listed had at least one "time gate" in them.

So it only works in the outdoor zone in Zereth Mortis, not in the new raid. So you do world quests, get Cyphers, pick talents and then get stronger at doing world quests? Why should I feel like I have to engage with this system at all? It feels like this entire system is merely designed to make progressing through the system easier.

That's like that joke Jerry Seinfeld did, we only do the workout, so we're strong enough to get through the workout.
    I'm not sure. Blizzard constantly try to implement some casual/alt-friendly optional content, but constantly fails, because may be system itself is casual/alt-friendly, but content isn't. No content in this game is more casual/alt-friendly, than Garrisons.

It's hard to explain, why so called "casual" content constantly fails. Major reason - we don't have dedicated casual content, that is tuned specifically for casual players. Overall casual players have to share their content with more hardcore players, who like "challenge" and whine, that content is boring, when there is no difficulty. I.e., yeah, we have Cyphers system. But what we need to do to progress in it - are still the same WQs, dailies, treasures and rares. And Blizzard tend to overtune them, so they would also be "interesting" for hardcore players too. Base difficulty is too high. Yeah, further progression makes things a little bit easier. And I guess, it's initial intention - to make things hard at the beginning and then gradually make them easier. But base difficulty is way to high for player, who doesn't use external gear sources, such as doing M+. Especially if it's new player or fresh alt, who hasn't participated in previous content.

I call it "Pointless rewards" syndrome. I.e. content becomes comfortable for you exactly when you complete it. So, you have to struggle with difficulty within whole progression route, but when things finally become easy for you - it's time to switch to alt and start struggling again. So, such content = constant struggling, that is definitely not casual-friendly.

Also. Blizzard constantly think, that casual player = likes long overstretched boring grind. Or that casual player = hardcore solo player. I guess, it's wrong. For example initial Anima grind was approximately around 100 days long per character, when getting 100% Anima from all possible sources, that obviously wasn't casual-friendly, because casuals obviously couldn't perform something like non-stop M+ runs. Casual/alt-friendly grind - is something, that takes around 1 month at 1hr/day rate.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2021-12-18 at 04:41 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumahki View Post
    The purpose is to create a time-gating grind system to try to keep people subscribed because Blizzzard has no idea how to create actually engaging content.
    Alternatively there is no time gating and people still complain blizzard is "forcing" them to play 12 hours a day to "keep up" with everyone else.