Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They should just stop their disgusting channel of pedos, n warmongers
    Fox News first. Hopefully their night lineup goes to fucking prison.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the kind of thing that is very very very unlikely to be untrue. It's not impossible that the FBI made mistakes, but they don't normally make charges and information like this public unless they are DAMN certain that this is real.

And if even a single thing on this list is true, then the guy is a monster and needs to be removed from society for the safety of everyone.

Frankly, props to CNN for firing him quickly rather than protecting him.

Every one is talking about this pedo but no one is mentioning a mom pimped out her underage daughters?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Every one is talking about this pedo but no one is mentioning a mom pimped out her underage daughters?
    Well, she didn't work for CNN...therefore mentioning her doesn't advance any agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Guy sounds like a real piece of shit.

However, isn't it interesting that the usual "innocent until proven guilty" crowd only seem to care about that when the accused shares their political alignment.
    This seems more like a clear cut case than he said she said...

Dude was on a pretty next level ego trip thinking he could bribe mothers to train their daughters into sex slavery. But sadly people are willing to sell their soul to the devil for the right price

Good job he was caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Are the innocents that are killed part of that equation? How about it costing more than locking them up for life? Being locked up away in a cell for the rest of your life feels like the worse option to me. Especially if we talk about American prisons.
    Innocents die in vast numbers every single day, whether it's pointless pandemic deaths or as result of wars. In short, yes, they are. But considering the chance is very, very high that the person receiving the penalty is infact not innocent, it's just not big enough of a problem to scrap a system. I'd rather have pedo rapists receive a bullet with couple innocents thrown in here an there, and focus instead on the other amounts of preventable deaths, like the pandemic.

As for the cost? Revamp the system. Sentence is carried out soon after the judgement, and it is to be used only for the worst sort of crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Innocents die in vast numbers every single day, whether it's pointless pandemic deaths or as result of wars. In short, yes, they are. But considering the chance is very, very high that the person receiving the penalty is infact not innocent, it's just not big enough of a problem to scrap a system. I'd rather have pedo rapists receive a bullet with couple innocents thrown in here an there, and focus instead on the other amounts of preventable deaths, like the pandemic.

As for the cost? Revamp the system. Sentence is carried out soon after the judgement, and it is to be used only for the worst sort of crimes.
    What the actual fuck.

On topic: same... what the actual fuck.

10+ Year Old Account

Are you...

You know what, I'm not even going to bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Are you...

You know what, I'm not even going to bother.
    No, do tell.

Is it something like you act outraged about the idea that an innocent would get sentenced at some point or another, and thus the entire system shouldn't exist? Nevermind the fact that by your own words life sentence is a "worse" punishment, that you do seem to support. Wait, there's more: nothing prevents innocents from being sentenced to this "worse" in your opinion life sentence, and yet, you do not object that system.

Do you care for innocents being unjustly punished, or is it just fake outrage concern trolling? You see, I can fully admit that a system isn't flawless and never in error, and still not support scrapping the whole thing. Unlike you, I don't have to twist myself into pretzels in the hypocricy over trying to scrap system that isn't completely error proof, while at the same time championing another, that also keeps failing time and again.

Or if you prefer TLDR: do spare me from hypocritical fake outrage, thanks.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-12-18 at 11:21 AM.

No, do tell.

Is it something like you act outraged about the idea that an innocent would get sentenced at some point or another, and thus the entire system shouldn't exist? Nevermind the fact that by your own words life sentence is a "worse" punishment, that you do seem to support. Wait, there's more: nothing prevents innocents from being sentenced to this "worse" in your opinion life sentence, and yet, you do not object that system.

Do you care for innocents being unjustly punished, or is it just fake outrage concern trolling? You see, I can fully admit that a system isn't flawless and never in error, and still not support scrapping the whole thing. Unlike you, I don't have to twist myself into pretzels in the hypocricy over trying to scrap system that isn't completely error proof, while at the same time championing another, that also keeps failing time and again.
    Are you actually that.... ignorant? Let me give you a hint: once you're dead, you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Are you actually that.... ignorant? Let me give you a hint: once you're dead, you're dead.
    Are you saying it's not fine for innocent to die, but it is completely acceptable for them to spend 50 something years in prison, because at least they got to live there? Is this really the grand case you wish to make? I mean, nevermind that some seemed to consider the latter a worse punishment to boot. Sure seems like some are hypocritical in their stances, while acting outraged.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-12-18 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    i know. We don't even know much about this guys political leanings or supports.

Last time i checked you could work for a raging X and actually be a raging Y.

Also weird how no one looked at his resume??

Fox News Channel
    3 years 2 months

Founding Producer, Chief News Writer, Fox News Radio
    Mar 2003 - Jun 20052 years 4 months

1211 Avenue of the Americas

Helped found Fox News Channel’s syndicated radio network with a staff of four. Produced hourly newscasts, managed the technical plant. Contact: Kevin Magee, Executive Vice President, (212) 301-3020

Chief News Writer, On The Record With Greta Van Susteren
    May 2002 - Mar 200311 months

1211 6th Avenue, NYC 10019

Wrote the primetime broadcast, booked guests and produced segments. Contact: Bill Shine, Executive Vice President, (212) 301-3289
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

It's cases such as this, that made me question the wisdom of no death penalty, and eventually led me to change my mind in favor of it being used in the rare cases it's needed for.
    It's always like that. Someone commits a crime that is serious enough for levying a suitable penalty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you saying it's not fine for innocent to die, but it is completely acceptable for them to spend 50 something years in prison, because at least they got to live there?
    How are you not aware of all the sentences that were overturned year or decades after the initial sentencing?

Most moral people would object to killing innocent folks when there are alternative forms of punishment and/or the ability to raise the standards to ensure this doesn't happen.

But you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    … or is being in prison and “awake” actually beneficial?
    The supposed goal of prison is rehabilitation.

Please tell me how someone would be rehabilitated if they were in a coma.

Alternatively prison is a punishment. Please tell me how someone would be punished by being in a coma for the duration of their sentence.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I think some crimes/criminals shouldn’t be rehabilitated, that they should be punished and never return to society.
    And I explained the punishment (similar to what they did in Foundation).
    For some, prison is considered torture. I'm not a fan of torture. But I am a fan of a quick death.

"Morality" only applies to those that have...morals.
    Not to those that don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some crimes/criminals shouldn’t be rehabilitated, that they should be punished and never return to society.

And I explained the punishment (similar to what they did in Foundation).
    So to clarify you are suggesting for those crimes that are life in prison without possibility of parole you'd advocate for medically induced comas? But the rest it's a normal prison term?

If so -- why not just euthanize them at that point? Or is this the middle ground to allow for wrongful convictions being overturned?

Just trying to understand your actual stance here.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    How are you not aware of all the sentences that were overturned year or decades after the initial sentencing?

Most moral people would object to killing innocent folks when there are alternative forms of punishment and/or the ability to raise the standards to ensure this doesn't happen.

But you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

The supposed goal of prison is rehabilitation.

Please tell me how someone would be rehabilitated if they were in a coma.

Alternatively prison is a punishment. Please tell me how someone would be punished by being in a coma for the duration of their sentence.
    Well, if they're in a coma and still age...that could be considered a punishment. Go to sleep when your 26 and wake up when your 62.

But if it's like Demolition Man and they just put you in cryo stasis for the duration of your sentence... that doesn't seem like much of a punishment...other than that everyone you loved might be dead by the time you are released...without you ever seeing them again. Although, they did also reprogram the offender with new skills...so maybe that could be something like rehabilitation. The movie wasn't really great about showing how criminals were supposed to reintegrate into society.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-12-18 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    The movie wasn't really great about showing how criminals were supposed to reintegrate into society.
    Well that's the problem with this scenario. They are older but in the same mental/ emotional state as when they did the crime. It's a recipe for even more repeat offenders.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Well that's the problem with this scenario. They are older but in the same mental/ emotional state as when they did the crime. It's a recipe for even more repeat offenders.
    If they're in their 60s their biology is different.