Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    We dont know how big the team is working on New World, could be just a bare min team so its going to take a while to get to everything, i just expect a game to have issues when its released and take at least 6 months to smooth most of it out.

The only issue i have with New World is not enough stuff to do.
    Economical issues this massive are going to affect the game for a long time even if they magically fix all bugs tomorrow. They aren't going to erase all the progress.

WoW has had dupes in almost every single expansion and plenty of gamebreaking things introduced like corrupted gear and certain builds being about to kill players in 2 seconds in pvp, its just something that happens when more and more code is introduced into the game, the devs at new world can tune the market to what they require, alter crafting item requirements to bring in new things to the market, there are plenty ways to make gold.
    thats not really groundbreaking stuff that ruins the game and forces Blizzard to take down the servers. It just became like that cause of gearing and all, bursting was the meta. Was it a good thing still? No, ofc not. Gamebreaking? no.

The things in NW was never intented and effected most players.

Its perfectly fine to criticize the games we enjoy & play. I wish nothing else for NW to succeed, but with the start they have had its looking bleak. Several servers are empty and dead. I checked mine today, there is barely a player online!

If the game turns for the better, i'll be back but AGS is in for a hell of a comeback if they manage to do so.

We dont know how big the team is working on New World, could be just a bare min team so its going to take a while to get to everything, i just expect a game to have issues when its released and take at least 6 months to smooth most of it out.

The only issue i have with New World is not enough stuff to do.
    What does the size of the team have to do with it? This was a proper AAA MMO, with multiple long delays. We may not have an exact size, but we know they're not a group of 5 dudes in a basement somewhere.

Again, no game has had as many dupes, has had dupes that persisted as long as, or has had dupes this easy to do that I'm aware of. New World is absolutely unique in that, and it is a failure on the devs. did it impact my experience at all? Not in the slightest, I still ain't even max level (I don't play often, and when I do it's mostly 'wasting time having fun' rather than working on actually leveling). But that doesn't change that fact.

i just expect a game to have issues when its released and take at least 6 months to smooth most of it out.
    Many games don't get a six month grace period, as evidenced by player numbers. Many get one month to get it right. The first impression is the lasting impression and they fucked up often and hard.

- - - Updated - - -

We dont know how big the team is working on New World
    Too bad for them then? This is their own fault for releasing before it was ready, not testing out bug fixes on a ptr and just introducing just as bad if not worse bugs when they stopped other ones.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has had dupes in almost every single expansion and plenty of gamebreaking things introduced like corrupted gear and certain builds being about to kill players in 2 seconds in pvp, its just something that happens when more and more code is introduced into the game, the devs at new world can tune the market to what they require, alter crafting item requirements to bring in new things to the market, there are plenty ways to make gold.
    Fact checks:
    Wow has had dupes in almost every single expansion (Prove that? And even if there were they did not have huge impacts on the economies of servers or else bnet balance tokens would be millions of gold and not hundreds of thousands.)
    Corrupted gear broke the game (Uh no. Wrong again)
    Certain builds could kill people in 2 seconds (Oh man burst windows killed people, game so broken! Oh wait you mean they didn't last that long and was a fraction of one season?)
    The devs at new world can tune the market to what they require (They've done a bang up job with fixes so far, so sure have faith in that. I'll not hold my breath)

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch notes look interesting, I'm honestly hoping AGS get their shit together as I did enjoy 99% of my time playing and would like to come back at some point.

WoW has lost over 90% of its playerbase compared to how many have bought and tried it, a game doesnt need millions of players to be successful and players can come back to New World whenever they want as the game evolves, regardless of its issues its still a good MMO that actually wants you to team up and do stuff, most other MMOs are mostly single player with optional multiplayer.
    Wildstar was the best game ever made compared to New World, and that game lost a lot of its unique charm when it went f2p. NW is NOT a good MMO right now, and all of the changes have made it demonstrably worse.

Massive hour and half developer update video went up---

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Massive hour and half developer update video went up---

tl;dr

what is it about? why the need for 1.5h video?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    tl;dr

what is it about? why the need for 1.5h video?
    The bugs/ban/exploit, the balance and tuning, progression and more.. As for why, why not? Its extremely nice that they take time like that to talk about all that stuff and being open.. they are really doomed if they do and doomed if they dont are they? Always something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Is the game fixed/good yet?
    never will be
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    dude... DUDE.... one of the absolute basics of running an mmo is having a pts. why? SO THAT MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PLAYERS WOULD CATCH BUGS FOR YOU. how long did it take them to ADD pts?

moreover. we are not merely talking bugs here. we are talking design choices that resulted in issues that other games had and ended up fixing... and amazon went with ANYWAYS.

so I reiterate. they had decades of MMO's to learn from. they chose not to.

and don't even get me started on their.. non handling of exploiters. yeah.. there is no point to abuse an exploit... in OTHER MMOS.
    Ff14 doesn't have a PTR and there's rarely any bugs.

It ought to be also be noted it is an exception for an MMO to have a test server open to the public. There are thousands of MMOs where nonesuch exists.

Designers don't have to do anything one way or another. It's still up to the artist to paint their picture any way they want.

Watched one with Asmon commentary, since I quite enjoy his input given that he spent a lot hours and have some interested opinion on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Watched one with Asmon commentary, since I quite enjoy his input given that he spent a lot hours and have some interested opinion on the game.

1000+ hours? Does he not stream WoW anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyxoxo View Post
    1000+ hours? Does he not stream WoW anymore?
    I think he stretches to several games nowadays. He's an entertainer at the end of the day, and if there's a juicy drama he'll go for it, which makes him fun to watch. However I stick to his YouTube content since I wouldn't have time to watch Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Ff14 doesn't have a PTR and there's rarely any bugs.
    but this is not Final Fantasy 14, is it....

also its literally the only high budget MMO that I know of that doesn't have one. i wouldn't be surprised if MMOs with shoestring budget don't run pts, but they also most likely do not have the breadth of content that calls for player help in testing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    but this is not Final Fantasy 14, is it....

also its literally the only high budget MMO that I know of that doesn't have one. i wouldn't be surprised if MMOs with shoestring budget don't run pts, but they also most likely do not have the breadth of content that calls for player help in testing either.
    FF14 is a big-budget MMO. It's the most popular MMO currently and the most highly regarded.

It doesn't make sense to say you don't know of a high-budget MMO without a PTS/PTR and then say, "But NW is not FF14"; what is the point of that line?

Many MMOs without "shoestring budgets" (this is ill-defined) do not have PTS/PTR and are relatively popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    FF14 is a big-budget MMO. It's the most popular MMO currently and the most highly regarded.

It doesn't make sense to say you don't know of a high-budget MMO without a PTS/PTR and then say, "But NW is not FF14"; what is the point of that line?

Many MMOs without "shoestring budgets" (this is ill-defined) do not have PTS/PTR and are relatively popular.
    Source for most popular one ?

And it has a PTR now so whats even the point of talking about that? Because it wasnt up week 1? Which mmos had a ptr/pts up and running right out of the gate the same week it launched? ESO took 2 months, swtor if my memory serve me well didnt have one right at the launch. I dont recall WoW tbh its been too long. Guild wars 2 and FF14 dont have one, BDO either to my knowledge.