Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    OT: You think we’ll ever get to the point where criminals in prison are just put in a sleep-like state and housed, similar to movies like Minority Report?

… or is being in prison and “awake” actually beneficial? Cause I feel like it’s not and they just die in there or learn to be better criminals.

Maybe you could make them aware of their time so it doesn’t pass like a dream… like they’re conscious but can’t hear, see or move, making the time an actual punishment (similar to what they did in the show Foundation).

Idk…
    Call in the Cenobites!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sure seems like they're "defending pedophiles" by firing them immediately once their actions become known, eh?

Not sure why you thought that was a justifiable take, but I guess you've gotta twist reality somehow to make this look bad on your ideological enemies.
    You do realize that CNN has been covering for criminals for longer, right? Or did you miss the whole Cuomo brothers saga? Let's not forget how many elites are tied to Epstein and Maxwell and that whole story got swept under the rug. Hollywood knew about the sex trafficking and remained absolutely silent as well. How that isn't being complict, I don't know what to tell you.

Also it's pretty humorous how the right was vilified and independent creators attacked by MSM for covering the Rittenhouse trial without bias because they refused to accurately report on it. Just like how they are trying to ensure that as little about Maxwell's trial gets out. You'd think that such big news stories would get regular reporting, but it seems that they have no intentions of reporting them or the truth. But that was already evident considering how much bullshit they spun about Kyle Rittenhouse.

Tl;Dr that the mainstream media is all hot garbage and their constant attempts to silence the truth and report factual information.and run such news stories extensively is why they've become so distrusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If my choice is death or possible freedom later it's not really a choice. It's stupidly obvious.
    Everything you said here we fully agree on. Just not in the same way.

It comes down to having some dignity. I'd rather go early with having had mine intact. Some others...would rather have none, and are willing to do anything imaginable to claw their way into another day.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-12-19 at 01:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You do realize that CNN has been covering for criminals for longer, right? Or did you miss the whole Cuomo brothers saga? Let's not forget how many elites are tied to Epstein and Maxwell and that whole story got swept under the rug. Hollywood knew about the sex trafficking and remained absolutely silent as well. How that isn't being complict, I don't know what to tell you.

Also it's pretty humorous how the right was vilified and independent creators attacked by MSM for covering the Rittenhouse trial without bias because they refused to accurately report on it. Just like how they are trying to ensure that as little about Maxwell's trial gets out. You'd think that such big news stories would get regular reporting, but it seems that they have no intentions of reporting them or the truth. But that was already evident considering how much bullshit they spun about Kyle Rittenhouse.

Tl;Dr that the mainstream media is all hot garbage and their constant attempts to silence the truth and report factual information.and run such news stories extensively is why they've become so distrusted.
    They suspended him when they found out, did an investigation, and immediately fired him when they got the results.

Odd, considering I can get updates to that trial on every single site I bother to go to.

In the end, thisnis simply paranoid conspiracies, bordering on Qanon garbage.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post

It comes down to having some dignity. I'd rather go early with having had mine intact. Some others...would rather have none, and are willing to do anything imaginable to claw their way into another day.
    lol You are dying on death row. There is no dignity in that.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

lol You are dying on death row. There is no dignity in that.
    Far more than there is in 50 years worth of shower action, just to live "free" at 80+. Probably straight to elderly care facility, followed by hospital to die in. Whoopdidoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Far more than there is in 50 years worth of shower action, just to live "free" at 80+. Probably straight to elderly care facility, followed by hospital to die in. Whoopdidoo.
    See here is where you are failing to understand. At any point during that 50 years new evidence could show your innocence and free you before you serve full time.

You can't do that if you are dead.

So you can take your fake dignity and have it all you want.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    See here is where you are failing to understand. At any point during that 50 years new evidence could show your innocence and free you before you serve full time.

Plus even in the worse case plays out at like azadina states.... at least your name is cleared publicly... which may not matter much to the person jailed but it completely matters to all the family members connected to them if for nothing else but to help clear them of the stigma of "you were related to a terrible person" that the public forces on them.

I'd even say there's more dignity in that then dying with the "you were a monster" label.

And at the same time, while you cling to that miraculous release date, you don't seem to realize that day may never come. You see, that elusive evidence of innocence might never surface, and you in fact never get out. That's the other side of the coin.

I'll take my chances at the beginning with my fake dignity. You can take your chances with the shower parties to your hearts content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    Plus even in the worse case plays out at like azadina states.... at least your name is cleared publicly... which may not matter much to the person jailed but it completely matters to all the family members connected to them if for nothing else but to help clear them of the stigma of "you were related to a terrible person" that the public forces on them.

I'd even say there's more dignity in that then dying with the "you were a monster" label.
    Yes, what a relief for the family members. They only had 50 years of living with the stigma, and contrary to your belief, it does not clear overnight. Not after decades of being instilled into peoples mind. So it carries on. After such a long time, even said family members may not be convinced of the persons innocence after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if instead of 50 years, it's 50 minutes?

Have you at any point, given any thought on the person who actually has to carry out the execution? Might want to do some googling on that front, and educate yourself. You think that's an easy task to do, killing another person, when you've gotten to know and form personal connections with them? Or is this another acceptable cost to you, along with the innocents that have to die, to sate your desire for vengeance?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...related-trauma
    https://www.salon.com/2015/10/08/i_e...ent_tells_all/

Fucking read what this shit does to people.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-12-19 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    And at the same time, while you cling to that miraculous release date, you don't seem to realize that day may never come. You see, that elusive evidence of innocence might never surface, and you in fact never get out. That's the other side of the coin.

I'll take my chances at the beginning with my fake dignity. You can take your chances with the shower parties to your hearts content.

Yes, what a relief for the family members. They only had 50 years of living with the stigma, and contrary to your belief, it does not clear overnight. Not after decades of being instilled into peoples mind. So it carries on. After such a long time, even said family members may not be convinced of the persons innocence after release.
    Yes it carries on but it is still better then nothing. People move on from scandals' and they have a much easier time doing so if they are exonerated. If the person jailed kept fighting to be released the entire time that effort (however small) still keeps the case alive and thus still increases the odds that the truth will come out.

If they give up and stop fighting and/or are killed by the state then the story dies with him/her and the odds the truth comes out go waaay down.... much to the detriment for all the people who were connected with them for both their personal and their professional lives.

And Yes after a long time not everyone will be convinced.... but that doesn't matter there is no solution that will change the minds of those people... if their were then we wouldn't have flat earth believers and anti-vaxsers. Plus it's irrelevant as their are always people who believe their "truth" no matter when the Jailed person dies despite all evidence to the contrary based on there own beliefs.
    Last edited by Zinstorm; 2021-12-19 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    And if instead of 50 years, it's 50 minutes?

Have you at any point, given any thought on the person who actually has to carry out the execution? Might want to do some googling on that front, and educate yourself. You think that's an easy task to do, killing another person, when you've gotten to know and form personal connections with them? Or is this another acceptable cost to you, along with the innocents that have to die, to sate your desire for vengeance?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...related-trauma
    https://www.salon.com/2015/10/08/i_e...ent_tells_all/

Fucking read what this shit does to people.
    What should I google for? How people are mentally affected by some of the death penalty systems, that in my opinion were already in need of a revamp to function? How's that my problem. Blame me for side effects from a system once it's up to my specifications, not from one that has nothing to do with me.

Oh, speaking of mental problems, have you heard how soldiers in combat may be affected? Are wars outlawed as result to help this? Not to speak of the innocents that die in those. No? I didn't think so. But perhaps that's one place to start, with the elephant in the room in the case of innocents suffering. You focus on ants in a corner rather than the elephant.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2021-12-19 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You do realize that CNN has been covering for criminals for longer, right? Or did you miss the whole Cuomo brothers saga?
    Where they covered Andrew Cuomo's various issues like any other source, and where they suspended Chris the moment they had information that he'd acted unethically, and fired him within the week when their investigation turned up way more than they'd originally suspected?

Again, no "covering" whatsoever. You're making that shit up to push a baseless conspiracy theory.

Let's not forget how many elites are tied to Epstein and Maxwell and that whole story got swept under the rug. Hollywood knew about the sex trafficking and remained absolutely silent as well. How that isn't being complict, I don't know what to tell you.
    Literally neither of those were "swept under the rug". Fully covered by any of the sources you're condemning. You either have literally no idea what you're talking about, or are deliberately lying.

Here's an update from a day ago on CNN about the Ghislaine trial; https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/17/us/gh...day/index.html

They publish new articles several times a week covering the trial.

This is all lunacy. You could've informed yourself about how wrong this all was literally just by bothering to do a simple Google search to check CNN's coverage. You didn't, because pushing a made-up conspiracy theory is what you're interested in, not having an informed stance that holds to the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    announced thinks it is some sort of gotcha. Something to distract from their night lineup at Fox "News" being implicated in the January 6th planning.
    Yeah exactly as soon as it becomes CNN for some it goes from being an allegation to gospel and CNN goes from simply being a place of work to obviously the source of the crime. CNN has a of problems but being the literal scene of the crime goes to Fox News, never mind the fact at least it didn't take a year long campaign to fire this guys ass. and at least push away the stench until it gets sorted out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    In the UK we had the whole Jimmy Saville saga with the BBC. Once everything became open it turned out that many people within the organization in positions of power knew he was a wrongun but failed to report or take any steps to stop him. This all lead to big changes within the BBC into how they operate.

In this case I would err on the side of caution here and suspect this is an isolated incident that nobody else that worked with him knew about. It will probably be the case that opponents of CNN will try to use this as ammunition against them. That being said there are instances where company culture allows this sort of behaviour to happen so it is relevant so some degree.
    very good point I had not considered at first, and what you are saying is true if the said individual used CNN and his position, I'm personally not blaming CNN or anyone who's pumping the breaks at the moment, if I were in charge I'd do the same until it got sorted, in news nothing is more important than a reputation. It's one thing to have an organization where someone shit does something shitty, and people can have an opinion over time can change.

However if as you said like BBC the place you work enabled, tolerated and possibly encouraged this, that is a stain that never goes away unless the entire house is cleaned and even then if it seeps into the owner. Although The Sun, Fox News and Daily News along with the Guardian and The New York post have gotten away with it and selling porky's if that is the correct word, but yeah so far even with the Chris Cuomo thing, I think this issue seems isolated and for even as small as it might be they CNN took action
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

What dignity do you have in going out reviled for a crime you didn't commit?

Can we just rename this thread to a death penalty one now?

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    What dignity do you have in going out reviled for a crime you didn't commit?
    Personal one. Knowing I hadn't done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Can we just rename this thread to a death penalty one now?
    Only if it's proven he raped a little girl.

10+ Year Old Account

What chances? YOU WILL BE DEAD!!!!!!!!

What chances? YOU WILL BE DEAD!!!!!!!!
    We're not getting anywhere with this individual. Probably best for us both to just drop it for now and pick it up in a thread where it is more relevant. Basic fact of the matter is that, in this case, the Death Penalty isn't on the table anyway. So whether or not this dude deserves to be executed if found guilty is entirely academic.