Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    been 4 days myself without a 2002 error. queues may take 2 hrs or more still but at least i don't have to sit there and watch it now. How is it for free trials? My sub finally kicked in so i don't know how it is when not in the priority queue.

Ugh, still queues? Guess I'll wait to buy it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    A lot of folks these days take PTO, to get some good quality time in with their favorite game when new content comes out. I've done it, lots of folks have. So when something like this is happening, for over an entire week, and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down or getting better. It becomes clear to me that there is a disconnect between SE and its players.

I work long hours, so when I get home after I cook dinner for my kids and myself, I typically have maybe 1-2 hours a night to play a game if I wanted to after they're in bed. But with the way the queues are, a player in a similar situation as myself is going to have to wait a month or longer before they can play during the week. And I can accept that, this is my life and the game isn't that important. That's what the weekends are for right? Now if only on the weekends, when I log in and sit in the queue for 2-4 hours, I wouldn't get disconnected repeatedly, thus never being able to get into the game. That is still my core issue, folks in queue, are repeatedly being dropped, and are forced to restart forever without ever getting in.
    Why would anyone be dumb enough to use their PTO on patch day? That's asking to get disappointed. Patch days are always laggy, buggy, and queue-y.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Why would anyone be dumb enough to use their PTO on patch day? That's asking to get disappointed. Patch days are always laggy, buggy, and queue-y.
    Paradoxically enough, If you’re in a position to actually play outside of normal evening peak hours, it’s far easier to get into the game with the PTO you took.

Queues being like this hits far harder when you’re not in a position to log in and actually play at say 9AM during a weekday and can remain on from then through the day.

While the queues are horrible, they're at least worth the wait. though I typically get online at off-peak hours now so I typically only have a queue in the 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    For the exact reasons, other folks have already stated. Logging in in the morning means you can take breaks during peak hours, and still be able to play when you otherwise wouldn't be able to. It really isn't that hard of a concept to understand, and if you have trouble with the logic, I fear you have bigger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyxoxo View Post
    Ugh, still queues? Guess I'll wait to buy it, then.
    Well in truth that isn't your choice now cause they stopped selling Endwalker until server stuff is fixed.

Ontopic: On my server it seems que is getting better. Most times thought-out the day I can get in without issue and prime time seems to be around a 1.4k wait.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    they stopped selling Endwalker until server stuff is fixed.
    Maybe just the physical version? Gamestop is still selling codes: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games...pc/299515.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyxoxo View Post
    Maybe just the physical version? Gamestop is still selling codes: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games...pc/299515.html
    There is no stopping of sales for endwalker, only the starter/complete editions. So people who already once bought the game can still upgrade and play while completely new people can't.

So that's 21 days of free playtime they've now given out. Much more than Blizzard has ever done for the issues they've had.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Since the fixes, I haven't had any more 2002 errors. I've been able to wait through 4000-6000 queues and actually get in at the end. Aside from last Tuesday after 4:30 where the queues were in excess of 7 hours, I've been able to get in usually in about 2-3.
    They haven't fixed the 2002 errors yet. That fix is coming tomorrow with maintenance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    So that's 21 days of free playtime they've now given out. Much more than Blizzard has ever done for the issues they've had.
    Though fun that they made sure to include a few days between the sets of free playtime so that peoples' subscriptions would renew. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel really bad for anyone still having queue issues.

I haven't had a queue of longer that 10-20 peeps (aka normal) since day 1. I play on a pretty busy server on Elemental.

Is this mostly an EU issue at this point?
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

I haven't had a queue of longer that 10-20 peeps (aka normal) since day 1. I play on a pretty busy server on Elemental.

Midgardsormr is still pushing 2000-4000 between about 1 PM and 10 PM PST.

not true back in vanilla free time was common for unexpected outages, not sure if they ever it 21 days free in a month but t hey did give out lots of free time over the years
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    not true back in vanilla free time was common for unexpected outages, not sure if they ever it 21 days free in a month but t hey did give out lots of free time over the years
    Yeah, and I don't recall them ever having login issues that were quite this persistent. Service issues typically last a day or a few, not weeks as has been the case with FFXIV. And naturally they weren't accompanied by supply line issues that prevented them from doing maintenance and upgrades in a timely fashion. Blizzard has generally been able to open new servers as needed.

Given that a significant number of players have been effectively locked out of playing the game at all during prime time hours, I don't think that they really had much recourse but to offer free game time. Otherwise I'm sure they'd be dealing with lots of chargebacks and refunds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true, plenty of time was given out during the first few expansions (especially vanilla and once and awhile in TBC). Other expansions? Not that I can think of, but aside from the mega servers (including classic release) where consistently long queue times prevented the ability to play the game. Not hard to imagine why either. They started and amped up the amount of servers they had eons ago and probably still have a lot of it laying around. FF14 while having a healthy population hasn't really hit 'explosive' growth until what, this year in particular? Hard to catch up when it's that sudden.

This of course isn't counting for the random days where the game is just unplayable, but that's normally around patch days. FF14 from my experience is generally pretty stable. People however are sort of okay (from my experience) with a single day of troubles, or even queues that are fairly consistent (or are dwindling over time). The issue with this launch is that until earlier in this week, the 2002 errors were still rampant and I'm not really sure if the queue situation is getting better or worse. I'm not even sure if the 2002 errors are fixed or they're fixing them tomorrow, but I haven't experienced any in the last few days.

I logged in at 4:45 my time and it took until 7:50 my time to get in on the US database Primal. The queue was nearly 4000, granted I logged in at primetime.

Realistically speaking I don't see this subsiding until after the holidays. People that took time off probably already used that up, and people who didn't take time off are just going to be granted time off because of the holiday season coming up. Regardless of whether or not this game is a hardcore players utopia or not, the raids launch this week and savage comes out after the new year's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Waited 3 hours yesterday, and 4 hours today. No issues getting in beyond the wait which is fine. Once you do get in the game has zero issues. I'm just glad the 2002 errors and the queues going backwards are a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah, and I don't recall them ever having login issues that were quite this persistent. Service issues typically last a day or a few, not weeks as has been the case with FFXIV. And naturally they weren't accompanied by supply line issues that prevented them from doing maintenance and upgrades in a timely fashion. Blizzard has generally been able to open new servers as needed.

Given that a significant number of players have been effectively locked out of playing the game at all during prime time hours, I don't think that they really had much recourse but to offer free game time. Otherwise I'm sure they'd be dealing with lots of chargebacks and refunds.
    Not sure people are going to risk their account being perma-banned to do a chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post

I'm on Excalibur. Still have 3-4k queues at prime time on "prime" days like Friday and Saturday. But most of the time, during the week it's ~2-3k, which is still ~1.5-2 hours to get in.

With the fixes they did though, I'm no longer getting Error 2002's, which is fantastic. I can actually queue up and then go about my day for the time it takes to log-in, do chores, watch some shows. have dinner, etc... without having to babysit the queue.

I never minded the queue, it was the errors. There's plenty of other things I can do or take care of while in queue, and knowing the game is popular with a healthy population is good news, IMO. Yes it's annoying that I can't pop in and play whenever I want, but it will all die down soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm on Excalibur. Still have 3-4k queues at prime time on "prime" days like Friday and Saturday. But most of the time, during the week it's ~2-3k, which is still ~1.5-2 hours to get in.

With the fixes they did though, I'm no longer getting Error 2002's, which is fantastic. I can actually queue up and then go about my day for the time it takes to log-in, do chores, watch some shows. have dinner, etc... without having to babysit the queue.

I never minded the queue, it was the errors. There's plenty of other things I can do or take care of while in queue, and knowing the game is popular with a healthy population is good news, IMO. Yes it's annoying that I can't pop in and play whenever I want, but it will all die down soon enough.
    This is the exact experience I'm having on Levi as well. Im guessing things are better on smaller data centers though, I have a friend on Crystal that was getting 2500 queues when I was getting 4+