Mage Tower - what am I doing wrong?

This is my 2nd day of trying to kill Agatha. I made Mage Tower back in the Legion so I tought I'll do it now without a problem.
    I have no problem with mechanicks. I'm killing imps with priority (fuming, smoldering tec.). But Agatha is healing all the time.
    Adds that can kill her are dead in few secs due to Bladestorm but after 10 mins fight (!) when she has 65% she can heal to almost 80%.
    I don't undersdtand why her hp is ramping up all the time.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Kubiszot; 2021-12-10 at 06:28 PM.

Imp Servants will spawn 15 seconds into the encounter and every 45 seconds thereafter. They will run towards the boss and Funnel Energy Icon Funnel Energy, healing her.

You are obviously not CCing these imps, you are supposed to CC them instantly as they cast, cause they wont redo it for a bit, giving you time to kill them and if i recall, eat that food that gives you a 10% haste buff when an imp dies, falcosaur something, and apart from that its literally kill the umbral imp instantly, so all the cleaving damage after gets her also.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Imp Servants will spawn 15 seconds into the encounter and every 45 seconds thereafter. They will run towards the boss and Funnel Energy Icon Funnel Energy, healing her.

You are obviously not CCing these imps, you are supposed to CC them instantly as they cast, cause they wont redo it for a bit, giving you time to kill them and if i recall, eat that food that gives you a 10% haste buff when an imp dies, falcosaur something, and apart from that its literally kill the umbral imp instantly, so all the cleaving damage after gets her also.
    Thank You so much! I didn't use any CC on imps... I just tried to nuke them. THX!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye as stated above, the two imps that spawn away from her you need to jump to and slow immediately and kill asap.

The little adds that spawn around her pop spell-reflect and bladestorm each time.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Also, use crusader enchant for any warrior mage tower challange, it pretty much trivialises them.

Even after nerf, this enchant provides so much healing that you won't have to worry about health unless you get one shot.

Btw Xylem after nerf is easier, so if you just want to get xmog for your warrior, I'd suggest that challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Aye as stated above, the two imps that spawn away from her you need to jump to and slow immediately and kill asap.
    It seems to me this time around that they heal for more. Maybe it's just since I had a higher relative gear level, but back in Legion, it seemed to me (on any Agatha spec) that the Servants weren't so high priority- if they spent several seconds channeling while you cleared out the Umbrals or dealt with a Fuming, it wasn't a big deal....but now when all the imps come at the same time, it's like by the time I've killed the Umbrals and broken through her shield to interrupt Dark Fury, she's recovered several percentage points from the Servants and I just don't remember that being the case previously.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    It seems to me this time around that they heal for more. Maybe it's just since I had a higher relative gear level, but back in Legion, it seemed to me (on any Agatha spec) that the Servants weren't so high priority- if they spent several seconds channeling while you cleared out the Umbrals or dealt with a Fuming, it wasn't a big deal....but now when all the imps come at the same time, it's like by the time I've killed the Umbrals and broken through her shield to interrupt Dark Fury, she's recovered several percentage points from the Servants and I just don't remember that being the case previously.
    Imps should NOT channel for sure. On my kill I think I had one channeling for like one second, but otherwise you should be able to finish them before they approach Agatha.

As soon as you see them - Leap -> Piercing Howl -> nuke
    As a backup - use fear if you forgot about them and they start channeling. I never even used kicks on them.

Otherwise, as it was already stated above - double crusader makes this extremely easy to survive, so you feel a lot more comfortable while small imps are trying to kill you.

Maybe it's just since I had a higher relative gear level, but back in Legion, it seemed to me (on any Agatha spec) that the Servants weren't so high priority
    In Legion I found it was better dps/success to just continue dpsing the boss and use burst AOE/cleave to kill the healing adds when they arrive, if you hard swapped to adds you'd fall behind unless you were overgearing it a bit. In Timewalking version it seems the DPS check isn't nearly as tight as when it first opened in Legion so you can afford to really deal with them however you want.

On my Rogue I did the Legion strat in Timewalking too, I just stayed on boss and killed them with Blade Flurry, they died so fast it was not worth hard swapping. I think hard swapping to adds just probably isn't as good when passive cleave is so good, maybe just use a storm bolt/intimidating shout/warstomp etc to break the cast.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Have you all tried it on 10.5.0 or you talking from previous experience. The scaling is different now items scale to 120 so all the 50 itlv crazyness is gone. Probably there is some meta but the mob has 600k hp and you have 2k dps. I think the scaling is off by a margin. For example on prot the 1st phase boss has 270k hp while on pala 160 and on bear 100k. Trust me overlaps on infernals are crazy. I guess its the same for the dps specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckynot View Post
    Have you all tried it on 10.5.0 or you talking from previous experience. The scaling is different now items scale to 120 so all the 50 itlv crazyness is gone. Probably there is some meta but the mob has 600k hp and you have 2k dps. I think the scaling is off by a margin. For example on prot the 1st phase boss has 270k hp while on pala 160 and on bear 100k. Trust me overlaps on infernals are crazy. I guess its the same for the dps specs.
    Boss health was different back in the original mage tower too depending on tank. Prot pala had twice the health of warr and bear had the least health, nevermind you could cheese it day 1 with stealth and after with long range legendaries. Prot pala was the least done before the nerfs.
    Warr has a way to get back on platform so I suppose that's why it has more health now? Tbh tank mage tower is the crappiest of them all, one long ass encounter where you can't fail anything (at least not if you can't charge or fly back). Healer one is much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Boss health was different back in the original mage tower too depending on tank. Prot pala had twice the health of warr and bear had the least health, nevermind you could cheese it day 1 with stealth and after with long range legendaries. Prot pala was the least done before the nerfs.
    Warr has a way to get back on platform so I suppose that's why it has more health now? Tbh tank mage tower is the crappiest of them all, one long ass encounter where you can't fail anything (at least not if you can't charge or fly back). Healer one is much more interesting.
    Indeed tank one gives no place for mistakes but the hp compared to 270 k hp makes the phase 1 fight above 8 min which is troublesome since you have like 6-7 infernals and you really cant leap charge all the time you need either more dps or less health on mobs even with a cheese on day one with not scaled trinket it like 4 min to go i p2. And now the cheese was fixed as well, one mistake ruins the whole run