• ★★★☆ [3/4]

22 17.46%
  • ★★★★ [4/4]

90 71.43%
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post

So what the hell was Electro doing there? They even pointed it out in the finale that Electro didn't know his Spider-Man was Peter Parker.
    He didn't know what Peter Parker looked like, just his identity. Harry could have told Electro in TASM2 "Spider-man is Peter Parker"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Depends the person grading/seeing. When I see 6/10, I see the person saying the movie was merely better than average, but not good.

And something like Rotten Tomatoes would view that rating as "Not Fresh" as a 7/10 or (3.5/5 stars) is fresh rating.
    Ehm, no the 1-5 or 1-10 does not do anything with the fresh raiting. When critics are raiting a movie on RT there are 2 options they can choose from. Fresh or rotten. Then they also need to put 1-10 or a 1-5 score for some reason. However those does not impact the "fresh" raiting.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As some one who hasn’t really liked Tom’s spiderman id be lying if I said this movie wasn’t amazing and made me actually want to see more of him. I’m surprised they actually had the balls do make some of these choices and the only real way I could see it being better is if they showed us little scenes of the villains when they got sent back.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not currently. She has yet to actually be introduced.
    Technically, "the other lawyer" hadn't been introduced into the MCU yet either.

The Netflix shows are part of the MCU.
    Correction. They were canon...they aren't now.

They are even more canon now than before thanks to the multiverse. They can simply say “variants” to explain any changes.
    Sure, they are MCU canon in the same way that "What if?" is MCU canon. But they aren't canon to the specific timeline.

It's like saying the events of Earth-1610 are canon to Earth-616.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I thought the movie was great. I just had a really tough time believing the premise that Dr. Strange would risk all of reality for college admissions. He is a very cautious and pragmatic man.
    I kind of got the impression that he didn't really think it was a risk until it went wrong. He literally made a comment about using the same spell to make Wong forget a party or something so I don't think it was a big deal in his eyes

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I thought the movie was great. I just had a really tough time believing the premise that Dr. Strange would risk all of reality for college admissions. He is a very cautious and pragmatic man.
    No, he isn't either of those things. Very much the opposite. He's arrogant. He was an arrogant neurosurgeon and he's an arrogant sorcerer.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, he isn't either of those things. Very much the opposite. He's arrogant. He was an arrogant neurosurgeon and he's an arrogant sorcerer.
    The arrogance is well earned. Even Eternity calls him a "power" in the universe.

The film was thoroughly enjoyable. Balanced spectacle and emotion really well. Don’t really care about the plot. The characters were handled so effectively that the ‘holes’ don’t really impact the viewing experience. Felt more like Endgame than any other superhero film. A rollercoaster film of sorts. Well done. Next one ought to go small and intimate. I want to see more Tobey and Andrew. Both deserve some top notch Disney Plus content to help explore their worlds.

I think the whole premise of "We pulled everyone who knows Peter is Spider-Man from other universes" shouldn't be nitpicked too hard because if you do then it doesn't make any sense why Electro or Venom were pulled in, or why TASM-Harry wasn't for example. I think there's a couple of other 'plotholes' like that where your level of enjoyment is really gonna determine how much those bother you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think the whole premise of "We pulled everyone who knows Peter is Spider-Man from other universes" shouldn't be nitpicked too hard because if you do then it doesn't make any sense why Electro or Venom were pulled in, or why TASM-Harry wasn't for example. I think there's a couple of other 'plotholes' like that where your level of enjoyment is really gonna determine how much those bother you or not.
    I think the ones that knew and weren't in the movie are easy to explain, because you can simply say they were among those that were coming in the end. With Electro, he might have known the name (not the face, though) from the 'grid' he was in when he got turned to energy or something, but that's harder to explain without making some leaps.

It’s like saying they’re canon to the MCU generally… which they are. As is What If…?
    They are part of the "Multiversal Canon". They are not part of the "Universal Canon".

Just like how Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man movies now exist in the Multiversal canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The arrogance is well earned. Even Eternity calls him a "power" in the universe.
    That hasn't happened in the MCU. You really need to learn to keep the comics and movies separate.

And yes, he's arrogant because of how skilled he is...both as a surgeon and as a sorcerer.

But it does lead him into situations where his mouth is writing checks that his body can't cash.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is MCU canon…
    I'm not denying that. They are part of the overall Multiversal Canon of the MCU. The X-Men are also probably part of the Multiversal canon. But if Wolverine were to show up in NWH...that would be his first canonical appearance in that universe.

You do understand the difference between Multiversal and Universal Canon, right? The events of one universe are not canon to the events of any other universe.

Yes, and you do understand that the netflix show was the first canon appearance for these characters
    I do understand that.

Again, do you understand the difference between Multiversal and Universal canon? That while everything that happens in the Multiverse is canon to the Multiverse...but not canon to each individual universe in that multiverse?

I said MCU canon, they qualify. Your little, but they COULD be from another universe schtick is funny though. Doesn’t change anything about their canon status in the MCU. Thus far there’s no real definitive evidence showing that to be the case. Not even anything shaky really. As far as we know these are the exact same characters.
    https://www.screengeek.net/2019/12/1...v-kevin-feige/

After Endgame, thinking, ‘What can we do next?’ Disney+ is going to give us this opportunity to tell even deeper stories with characters you already know and love…in a new type of cinematic way that we haven’t done before. We’ve already started shooting two of them and they’re very, very special. And it all, for the first time, will interlink. So, the MCU will be on your TV screen at home on Disney+ and interconnect with the movies and go back and forth. It’s exciting to expand the MCU into even bigger and better heights.”
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-12-22 at 11:01 PM.

Yep, for the first time the TV characters are being used in the movies instead of just movie characters crossing over to TV shows. Fun times.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fand...dia_Chronology
    Yeah that list includes Agents of Shield on there as well though...

Agent Carter too, which was proven canon in Endgame.
    Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter are different shows.

AoS has been proved non-canon in Wandavision (along with Runways and Cloak and Dagger)...which has a completely different Darkhold than the one that appeared in AOS.

That's not the only thing that places AoS out of canon...but in the interest of not spoiling more recent events I'll put up spoiler tags up

Also, The last episode of Hawkeye reveals that Clint's Wife, Laura Barton, was Agent 19...which is the same designation Bobbi Morse (AKA Mockingbird) had in AoS

Yep, she retired and Bobbi got the designation. How did Wandavision invalidate AoS?
    I already said...The Darkhold...

Thought this movie was pretty bad, shame because I liked the first 2.

This was fantastic. It's incredible how they completed SPOILER's storyline and redeemed him.