Poll: Night elves should get Paladins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The idea of Kaldorei worshiping the Light is bad. Even more in this current lore where the alliance is 90% to worship the Light, let us follow the human leader.

If the Alliance had a variety of religions it would not be a bad idea. But with this lore so focused on humans with the Kaldorei being the only race with a different style, it is best that they continue to have a different style.

PS: I still think that blizzard would give more life to the other races of the alliance before seeing this topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    When Blizzard decides to bring back racial flavor to classes, then it will be ok

Horde Paladins are too human centric and it sucks
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    On second thought, perhaps I was not entirely correct in my initial assessment. I re-read your post, and I think there is potential for a "night elf paladin", in the style of a kaldorei-styled class, although I am not sure if Night Warrior (which seems to be unique and very dangerous even for someone as powerful as Tyrande) would honestly be the most realistic fit. I just think night elves becoming "Silver Hand" paladins, joining a human-centric organization like Delas Moonfang would be somewhat lore-breaking, as they had very prior little interest in the Light, and we have no idea what connection Elune has with the Light itself, even now. It would be like if Elune had been revealed to have been a naaru.

[IMG]https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/elune-night-elf-paladin.jpg

Another problem, my friend, is that there are many classes which do not correlate to the playable ones. For example, Wardens seem to span a wide variety of class abilities, as does Priestess of the Moon. The night elf "huntress" class, wielding moonglaives (which seem available only to demon hunters in-game) is akin to a tank or mounted warrior, not exactly an elven ranger class. And I never felt comfortable with night elves playable priests and priestesses not being able to use Starfall or Arcane abilities like Tyrande, and forced to use the same Light animations and abilities as human and dwarf priests. I really think they should have kept some of the class-specific abilities for the priests, they made things more immersive and interesting, like an extra unique bonus perk. The same goes for the Shadow Hunters in the trolls, they are also not exactly similar to regular hunters.
    It's a shame blizzard doens't do race specific versions of classes. At the end of the day you don't always need a new playstyle, just a new skin or basically a new class that uses the same mechanics and spells as an exisitn g class, but with thier own unique names and themes.

I would never give elves shaman, but i wouuld give them a Moonguard class that uses the arcane to weave elemntal magic and control elementals, whether they do that in a respectful way as you would expect night elves and high elves, or would contorl them by h force as you may expect some blood elves, void elves or even night elven highborne to do..depends on the individual.

You are casting the same spells, but your class fantasy and means is differnet. A traditional shaman uses the power bestwoed on him by the elemntal to do the magic. Technically it's the elmental that is the power behind the manipulation, and his relationship with various elementals allows him to do so. He may bargain for this power (goblins), beseech respectfully this power (tauren), devote to the balance and harmony of the elemntals and so act as asort of mediator (orc) - but all the same the individual doesn't have magical power, i'ts the elmental he communes iwth that does and he learns how to use that elementals power throught he elemntal.

An elven Moonguard (placeholder name), however uses the arcane to generate elemntals, he doesn't need an elemental to gift him power or do things for him, through knoweldge of the arcane, elves learnt in the pre-sundering era how to create anything from it, fire, water/frost, earth, air and all things matter.. thea pplications were vast and an entire empire developed thanks to this knowledge with experts in all manner of fields. Whiles it's desturction left the surviving elf group atop Hyjal missing and losing so much, those hidden in cities like the Shen'dralar, Nightborne or those that remained Moonguard in Surmar, kept the knoweldge and arts unbroken. And their return in cata and Legion have basically opened them up to sharing with their elven kin, giving night elves and void elves on the alliance, blood elves and Nightborne the capability of being these elemental magicians.

They call elementals to aid them, not because they need their power to weave fire, earth, air or frost. - it really is the shaman mechanics, but it's a different class, different concept. The spells are very similar, they don't use totems, but arcane focuses attuned to certain elements to amplify the magic.. whereas traditional shamen use totems. They summon elementals too, like we know mages can do, and this special type of elemental mage is a master of it.

This si essentially the shaman class, but it has a different name on the elven races. One attuned to their lore and thier heritage.

The end result is that Elves don't get shaman, but they get a class that has the shaman play style. The elementalist. or call it the Moonguard. Elemental, Enhancement and Restoration. With restoration, instead of ancestral spirits, they employ Elune arcane healing techniques through water - a form of battle field magical triage they used in the absence of a a sisterhood of Elune, over the millennia, they gratly developed this into an arcane based form of healing that synergises with the light and water to heal., callin g on Elune

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    While they are not paladins, however, the paladin class can be the template for them, especially if you introduce a new class as a class skin or use existing classes gameplay mechanics for new classes merely changing the theme, spell names and effects.

It is not a paladin of the silver hand technically, but conceptually it is a paladin as a faith based warrior. The Zandalari paladin is an example in game that employs the same concept. It lacks racial Loa themed skin or identity to it @Triceron would agree. Think concept clever man.
    Paladin:

Night Warrior:

A Paladin wouldn't be jumping around acrobatically, fighting with dual-wielded glaives.
    A Night Warrior wouldn't carry a heavy two-handed mace, wearing heavy plate armor.

You seem to have forgotten how the two play differently:

Not every "faith warrior" is a Paladin. Take the Shadow Hunter, for example. It believes, follows and serves the Loa, yet it is far from being a Paladin. That's why we have Prelates and why Hearthstone depicts Jungle Troll Paladins differently from Shadow Hunters:

Paladins as we all know come from different faith's, - so what distinguishes a paladin from a priest must be the precepts of the Paladin Order.

• Act honourably
    • Uphold what is righteous
    • Fight against injustice

they do so as warriors of the light. All priest faiths can tap into the light , although some have other powers like void /death (shadow orders), nature (Loa), or arcane (Elune).

Night elves as Paladins are quite possible.. but they can do so in two ways. As Knights of the Silver Hand Paladin order use of light through Elune - Delas Moonfang is the example as she focused and was drawn most to the Light as a Priestess of Elune (whiles other priestesses of Elune can be and usually are typically more martial orientated or arcane offensive orientated). When she becomes a Paladin, one of her abilities is Seal of Elune. She doesn't lose her faith. And her light affinitiy marks her Holy.

Another incarnation is interpreting paladins as faith warriors - people who fight in battle with faith and using magical abilities.. it's like Battle Mage version of the priest. The night Warrior is a perfect example of this and would qualify as a night elven race based version of the Paladin. This is what the Zandalari paladin is effectively, but as a Loa faith warrior.

Should night elves ever get paladins, it is acceptable for them to have a choice of being a Night warrior skin of the Paladin class or just the plain
    arcane??? at no time is it said that elune can use arcane. that's speculation, elune could use void or she could use light. the most normal thing is that he uses nature because he is a member of the pantheon of life.
    I accept that there is a possibility that elune can use arcane since we do not know what powers he uses in the lore is still a very mysterious being. But you are not speculating, you are affirming something that is not known in the lore. There are people like Velen who speculate that she has light powers.

delas seems to be a follower of the light

It's a shame blizzard doens't do race specific versions of classes. At the end of the day you don't always need a new playstyle, just a new skin or basically a new class that uses the same mechanics and spells as an exisitn g class, but with thier own unique names and themes.
    No, because they don't have time to develop those sorts of things. Racial pride expansion - yes, but we don't have time to go through each available race/class combo and create specific quests for them, when their's hardly any lore for them anyway.

I mean, never mind elf shamans (but in some strange arcane concept - mate, it just doesn't work. It's messing around with the shaman class when it shouldn't be messed with), we don't even have proper lore for what we've got.
    Human Warlocks, Blood Elf Rogues, Night Elf Rogues, Darkspear Troll Druids, Blood Elf Warlocks, Draenei Warriors, every Monk that isn't a Pandaren, the Death Knights, Dark Iron Dwarf Mage...it's far too much to give them something that is made up.

Have racial pride and maybe have questlines that are class specific - so if your a Blood Elf Mage, your the one who opens a portal to somewhere (as an example), but race/class quests don't work because you'd punish your playerbase for not choosing race/class combos that you want them to play.
    If someone want to play a Draenei Monk over a Pandaren Monk - why should they be denied content?

- - - Updated - - -

I would never give elves shaman, but i wouuld give them a Moonguard class that uses the arcane to weave elemntal magic and control elementals, whether they do that in a respectful way as you would expect night elves and high elves, or would contorl them by h force as you may expect some blood elves, void elves or even night elven highborne to do..depends on the individual.

You are casting the same spells, but your class fantasy and means is differnet. A traditional shaman uses the power bestwoed on him by the elemntal to do the magic. Technically it's the elmental that is the power behind the manipulation, and his relationship with various elementals allows him to do so. He may bargain for this power (goblins), beseech respectfully this power (tauren), devote to the balance and harmony of the elemntals and so act as asort of mediator (orc) - but all the same the individual doesn't have magical power, i'ts the elmental he communes iwth that does and he learns how to use that elementals power throught he elemntal.

An elven Moonguard (placeholder name), however uses the arcane to generate elemntals, he doesn't need an elemental to gift him power or do things for him, through knoweldge of the arcane, elves learnt in the pre-sundering era how to create anything from it, fire, water/frost, earth, air and all things matter.. thea pplications were vast and an entire empire developed thanks to this knowledge with experts in all manner of fields. Whiles it's desturction left the surviving elf group atop Hyjal missing and losing so much, those hidden in cities like the Shen'dralar, Nightborne or those that remained Moonguard in Surmar, kept the knoweldge and arts unbroken. And their return in cata and Legion have basically opened them up to sharing with their elven kin, giving night elves and void elves on the alliance, blood elves and Nightborne the capability of being these elemental magicians.

They call elementals to aid them, not because they need their power to weave fire, earth, air or frost. - it really is the shaman mechanics, but it's a different class, different concept. The spells are very similar, they don't use totems, but arcane focuses attuned to certain elements to amplify the magic.. whereas traditional shamen use totems. They summon elementals too, like we know mages can do, and this special type of elemental mage is a master of it.

This si essentially the shaman class, but it has a different name on the elven races. One attuned to their lore and thier heritage.

The end result is that Elves don't get shaman, but they get a class that has the shaman play style. The elementalist. or call it the Moonguard. Elemental, Enhancement and Restoration. With restoration, instead of ancestral spirits, they employ Elune arcane healing techniques through water - a form of battle field magical triage they used in the absence of a a sisterhood of Elune, over the millennia, they gratly developed this into an arcane based form of healing that synergises with the light and water to heal., callin g on Elune
    Sounds like we're trying to mess with shaman lore when it doesn't need to be messed with.
    If you want to play a shaman, you just have to play a different race.

I've dealt with that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post

Sounds like we're trying to mess with shaman lore when it doesn't need to be messed with.
    If you want to play a shaman, you just have to play a different race.

I've dealt with that fact.
    FFS... would you put away your rivalry and for once consider something for what it is. Do you have to be so damn argumentative and contentious you can't even see things for what they are, full of suspicion... mess with shaman lore? this is not messing with shaman lore at all ... take off the enemy in sight lens and re-read it.

First of all, what I am proposing for the elves are is not a shaman, it's not shaman lore.. shaman aren't becoming arcane users - if you weren't so obsessed with finding flaws and poking holes you'd have easily seen what I was trying to say.

These are elves able to do through the arcane what shaman can do borrowing elemental power. It's giving access to a playstyle (of the shaman class) without bending a race to become shaman or changing the lore of the shaman to accomodate a race. It's as much a bend as Kul'tiran shaman or Zandalari paladins - who technically are neither shaman (butinstead Tidesages) nor paladins (but instead Loa faith warriors) Without skins, the class label sham and paladin are used for t hem even though in the lore they are neither. Because the game hasn't changed the name of the classes to reflect this so simply leaves them as shaman though they are not, or as paladins though they are not. These elves would follow suit, they aren't shaman but that's what the class name will say on character/selection creation - what they can do is change the flavour text to explain for anyone who cares to read until they decide that when you pick Zandalari Paladins, Kul'tiran and elven shaman they will call them by their actual name instead of shaman. They may neer do that..

What I suspect they might do is still have teh shaman symbol light up when you select those races, but add text telling you who they are.

I think I am understanding why you mis-understand me so much and I have to respond to you so much, you're too stubborn and once you see red, you lose your sense and can't see past your prejudice. If you have this approach all the time you will either fail or take too long to benefit from what someone has to offer. I am not your enemy, nor your rival. Elves aren't real, and neither night elf nor alliance fans are your enemy. Stop regarding, opposing and treating htem as such . Relax

FFS... would you put away your rivalry and for once consider something for what it is. Do you have to be so damn argumentative and contentious you can't even see things for what they are, full of suspicion... mess with shaman lore? this is not messing with shaman lore at all ... take off the enemy in sight lens and re-read it.

First of all, what I am proposing for the elves are is not a shaman, it's not shaman lore.. shaman aren't becoming arcane users - if you weren't so obsessed with finding flaws and poking holes you'd have easily seen what I was trying to say.

These are elves able to do through the arcane what shaman can do borrowing elemental power. It's giving access to a playstyle (of the shaman class) without bending a race to become shaman or changing the lore of the shaman to accomodate a race. It's as much a bend as Kul'tiran shaman or Zandalari paladins - who technically are neither shaman (butinstead Tidesages) nor paladins (but instead Loa faith warriors) Without skins, the class label sham and paladin are used for t hem even though in the lore they are neither. Because the game hasn't changed the name of the classes to reflect this so simply leaves them as shaman though they are not, or as paladins though they are not. These elves would follow suit, they aren't shaman but that's what the class name will say on character/selection creation - what they can do is change the flavour text to explain for anyone who cares to read until they decide that when you pick Zandalari Paladins, Kul'tiran and elven shaman they will call them by their actual name instead of shaman. They may neer do that..

What I suspect they might do is still have teh shaman symbol light up when you select those races, but add text telling you who they are.

I think I am understanding why you mis-understand me so much and I have to respond to you so much, you're too stubborn and once you see red, you lose your sense and can't see past your prejudice. If you have this approach all the time you will either fail or take too long to benefit from what someone has to offer. I am not your enemy, nor your rival. Elves aren't real, and neither night elf nor alliance fans are your enemy. Stop regarding, opposing and treating htem as such . Relax
    What's the point? Why do Elves need to have the Shaman class, when we're saying that it's not even being a Shaman?

Sounds to me like your not really sure what you want..
    Everything in your post relates to being a Mage and you can play an elf mage.

And Kul'Tiran Shamans use the powers of the Water.
    Zandalari Paladins use the powers of the Loa, just like the Tauren use the powers of An'she.

Bending it towards "arcane" is just bending the class for no reason other than wanting to play elf-everything. Well you can't - you need to deal with that. I have
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-12-23 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    arcane??? at no time is it said that elune can use arcane. that's speculation, elune could use void or she could use light. the most normal thing is that he uses nature because he is a member of the pantheon of life.
    We've been down this road before. You know Preistesses of Elune use arcane spells.

You know Elune is a goddess and not limited to one type of magic.. not once have her followers ever used life magic. It's either been arcane, light or void.

You also know that being a Pantheon of Life doesn't necessarily mean being Pantheon over life/nature magic cosmic power. in the context of the shadowlands, Pantheon of life means divinity that sit over the order of the living realm, not over nature magic.. I.e. the realm where things are alive - it's not pointing to nature magic.

You have so much evidence and indication of this. Arcane is used to create life on Azeroth in the history. This is how the Titans create things on worlds, weaving several cosmic powers they have command over. The very arcane Well of eternity is the cradle life emerges from on Azeroth, and arcane energies extend life, enhance it too as well as intellect The two are connected in Warcraft lore and always have been. The night elves are the race that embody this connection - this is by design - hence their arcane and nature duality, that are both contrasts that oppose and compliment. Matching the juxtaposition of contrasting things that is a theme of the race. It is clever, and it is by design.

The clues are there, and I have pointed them out to you, as has Mace and others. Use your head and the evidence they provide you and piece it together.

Nothing I have stated is incorrect. The nature of the magics in the lore are told to us, you need to accept what they do and not just limit yourself to your pre-conceived notions of them. There are parts of the lore that would reveal other things about it to you. It's okay if you missed it, but i f it's pointed out to you, you should take it on board, because I didn't write this in the lore. Just because I point it out to you and it isn't your headcanon, doesn't mean you should simply ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post

I accept that there is a possibility that elune can use arcane since we do not know what powers he uses in the lore is still a very mysterious being. But you are not speculating, you are affirming something that is not known in the lore. There are people like Velen who speculate that she has light powers.

delas seems to be a follower of the light
    https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/wp-...lf-paladin.jpg
    I think you are jumping to conclusions about what I am saying without actually carefully reading what I am saying. Maybe it's lost in translation to French, I don't know. I mean I clearly wrote other PRIESTESSES of ELUNE are typically more martial orientated or arcane - I did not say Elune casts arcane magic.

When people do this, it shows they are coming to the table already having made up their mind about a thing and not considering what is being told directly. I think it causes them not to bother to fully read what is been written. It can also shows they did not take correction to heart when accurate information was pointed out to them.

I have been patient and gentle, but this is exasperating. I know you are knowledgeable, but you don't know everything and you miss a few things (as do I , as do we all)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    What's the point? Why do Elves need to have the Shaman class, when we're saying that it's not even being a Shaman?

Sounds to me like your not really sure what you want..
    Everything in your post relates to being a Mage and you can play an elf mage.

And Kul'Tiran Shamans use the powers of the Water.
    Zandalari Paladins use the powers of the Loa, just like the Tauren use the powers of An'she.

Bending it towards "arcane" is just bending the class for no reason other than wanting to play elf-everything. Well you can't - you need to deal with that. I have
    I was merely giving another example to Owen about new classes being given using existing class mechanics.. i.e. a class skin. The Night warrior is proposed to be delivered in this way, and I merely gave an example in of how the same class skin concept can allow elven classes to access the shaman playstyle.

This is not a topic about giving elves access to shaman.. it was an example - don't start making a fuss about it because you want to argue and scrutinise every concept, line and word and so doing fail to actually see what is truly being said or an overview of it. You certainly are capable of it, but your character is blinding you.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2021-12-23 at 09:38 PM.

I was merely giving another example to Owen about new classes being given using existing class mechanics.. i.e. a class skin. The Night warrior is proposed to be delivered in this way, and I merely gave an example in of how the same class skin concept can allow elven classes to access the shaman playstyle.

This is not a topic about giving elves access to shaman.. it was an example - don't start making a fuss about it because you want to argue and scrutinise every concept, line and word and so doing fail to actually see what is truly being said or an overview of it. You certainly are capable of it, but your character is blinding you.
    Just add something to the Mage class and be done with it.

Simple.
    Why over-complicate something when it doesn't need to be? Just add "Battle-Mage" to the Mage class.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-12-23 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... At her ceremony, did she not devout herself to the Light that the others serve, or am I recalling wrong? Tauren is a different matter as they were just automatically accepted without granting them much identity, unlike the massive work some has put into a Night Elven concept.

Nowadays, classes are so washed out, that basically, all races can be them if not for minor inconveniences.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Paladins as we all know come from different faith's
    Paladin is a gameplay class. Tauren and Zandalari "paladins" are not paladins in lore. They are completely different things. They are only classified as "paladins" in game because Blizzard isn't going to create an exclusive class just for one race.

All priest faiths can tap into the light
    No, they do not. Tauren "priests" are not priests. They are sun worshipping druids.

A Night Elf warrior/magic hybrid that could wield the powers of Elune would be cool, but since Blizzard can't be bothered to give us class skins, the best you're going to get is Night Elves being able to roll paladin, where aesthetically in game they'll still be using light powers but in lore they worship Elune (basically the same thing as Night Elf priests which ingame uses Light animations but lore wise they don't).

Delas is the exception, not the rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I dread the day they add that combination.

Not because I dont like it, but because I dont trust Blizzard to do it right.

They either need white light to show that theyre priests of elune who took up blades, or they need to be unlockable so theyre still rare, or both. And given that they actively removed Blood Knight specific spell effects, I dont think theyll do either. Theyd sooner get a Sunwalker styled subfaction of night elf paladins and just be added to the already oversaturated cast of banners.

The Delas Moonfang quest rewarding Night Elf Paladins as a playable combination would be awesome. A playable class should only be possible, not common, to be playable, but they shouldnt be unlocked across the board. I want to see undead paladins in the game for example, but it woukd diminish them if everyone could pick it right off the bat.
    Class restrictions sorta went out the window when Night Elf males were allowed to roll priest in WoW, or Night Elf females being allowed to roll druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    There was a thread about this a couple of months ago about this. A lot of people didn't like that idea.

EDIT: Found it: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Night-Warrior

I like your variation of it better, though.

- - - Updated - - -

This flavor of Paladin looks too good to pass up, imo.
    Implementation in this form would be fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Sunwalkers didnt get any special treatment or flavour so I dont see why night elf paladins would have?
    No reason why Sunwalkers couldn't get a class skin as well. Blizzard could easily afford to give these lore classes specific class skins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Paladin is a gameplay class. Tauren and Zandalari "paladins" are not paladins in lore. They are completely different things. They are only classified as "paladins" in game because Blizzard isn't going to create an exclusive class just for one race..
    they are the same thing, paladin is just a faith warrior that use the light, they just come from different cultures

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The problem with a class like that is that it too race-specific and I am not sure if this "class" really exist outside of maybe 1 or 2 characters.
    Pretty sure this whole priestess of the moon stuff is based around being a caster and their toolkit (that we know of from WC3) has been a part of balance druids.
    It's supposed to be a class skin not a separate class

10+ Year Old Account
    here's the thing, from the lore PoV paladins came about as a result of 'warriors' (no connection to the light) and 'priests' (devout in the light but no martial prowess), got fed up with the state of war, specifically from the priest side of things as they were used almost exclusively as healers to tend to the wounded of the many battles that occurred, not only that but it was seen as almost entirely a 'human' thing, in order for night elves to become 'paladins' in the game, they would need to either be inducted into the knights of the silver hand order and set up a separate branch within the order and be given a proper backstory, not just shoehorned into things because players want it to happen, it would also mean that this order of night elven paladins would be a totally different branch of night elf society as they would no longer be worshipping elune, i mean i have no qualms about then being able to be paladin characters i just want them to make sense from a story perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be for it...but like the holy cows they're just gonna be "insert order here" in name only and still be 100% like the Human/Dwarf Paladins of old...

Unless Blizz pulls a rabbit out of the hat next expansion and actually works on class skins to mend some fences with the community...but I don't know the odds of that (especially since it will only cover certain classes/races)
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2021-12-23 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Paladins didn't exclusively come about as a result of humans inventing them during the second war and therefore elves do not need to be a part of the Silver Hand to become playable paladins.

The Draenei had vindicators years, decades, centuries perhaps, before humans invented paladins.

Zandalar as a nation is older than human civilization and they have prelates that presumably also came about years before the Silver Hand.

The paladin class in WoW is just 'religious warrior', that's it.

Priestesses of the Moon are religious warriors, therefore they fit the bill and night elves should be able to become paladins.

Well.. Night elven females should be able to become palaidns anway, at least until some lore changes happen.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Tauren sunwalkers are de facto sun druids in plate in the lore and wield the powers of An'she, their name for the sun, just like a balance druid does when they cast sunfire. The sun is not a Light entity as far as we know and they do not draw their powers from their faith but the sun itself.
    unless there's been some monumental retcons (which i wouldn't be at all surprised about tbh), last time i bothered reading about this topic, that's what happened, priests were disillusioned about war and being unable to fight to protect what they loved, so they took up the martial ways and donned heavy plate armour becoming the first paladins, 'warrior's who had no connection to the light were taught in the ways of the priests and as such became paladins that way.

yes, but in the storyline of the WoW universe, humans have 'existed' longer than draenei, so from a continuity perspective and on Azeroth where humans and night elves are native to, humans have been paladins the longest.

yes, but as has been stated before in this thread, zandalari prelates from a story pov are NOT 'paladins' in the truest sense of the word, they only function that way in game much like the sunwalkers, for gameplay reasons, and as i said, i don't care if night elves get to play as 'paladins' in game, in fact it's more than justifiable, i just want them to make sense in game and have a proper backstory as to how they are paladins, not just 'oh hey btw you can be paladins now' like they did with some of the class-race combo's they made during Cataclysm release.

5+ Year Old Account
    There would be nothing wrong with nelf paladins. However, they should be visually different from your average, run-of-the-mill human paladin. Their "light" based spells should look silver-ish, i.e. more moon-themed.

While we're at it, all paladin races should have their own flavour: sun-themed spells for Taurens, and dinosaur/loa-themed for Zandalari trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. Tauren sunwalkers are de facto sun druids in plate in the lore and wield the powers of An'she, their name for the sun, just like a balance druid does when they cast sunfire. The sun is not a Light entity as far as we know and they do not draw their powers from their faith but the sun itself.
    the shit about "sun druids" was mere a term trying to differentiate then and make then more unique.

They are the same damn shit, they can't "draw power dirently from the sun" is faith too, light is light, regardless of the source.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pure headcanon.

As per the Ultimate Visual Guide they wield the power of the sun, An'she.
    The Sunwalkers are an order of tauren paladins
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Sunwalkers

“Light is light, whatever its source.”

— Anduin Wrynn to Baine Bloodhoof.
    Not all wielders of the Holy Light follow the same path. For example, humans follow the path of the Church, while the tauren Sunwalkers revere An'she, whose power can appear either as red flames or as golden magic similar to other divine magic.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Light

This became even more blatantly obvious when he know there is just 6 realms of power and every other variant come from then, sun light? light of elune? light of Rezan? the holy light? they all fall on the same domain of the Light that sparked life, thats why they use the same kind of power slightly different in count of their beliefs, but, same shit, all paladins with fancy names

would be great if we had different animations/colors to show that, but blizzard is too lazy for that
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2021-12-24 at 07:48 AM.