Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Blizz makes money from every token sold. There is no way that they will be willing to lose that income.
    he isn't talking about the token

multiboxers
    CHEATERS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Would you like to support?
    Not as long as you blanket all multiboxxers as cheaters

Anyways, Blizz already bans goldsellers, what's the point of your thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    From memory, account closures, suspensions, bans etc can be implemented "for any reason, or no reason". Im sure the wording has changed, but yes, Blizzard own everything on your account.
    Nah it's still there

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Ill be honest - i kind of assumed it was, but couldnt be bothered checking, and wasnt 100% on the wording. Last time i read it was like a decade ago. Cheers buddy, have a good xmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You do know that Blizzard never had more money and profit than at the end of legion, right? We got BfA and SL after that, so no, more money does not mean higher quality.
    Hey, BfA gave us Sadfang's complete saga in 4K resolution. Gotta give credit where it's due
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-12-24 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're trying. Problem is that they keep coming back.

Supply and demand, and all that. There is demand, so there will be supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I have reported people and received a confirmation e-mail too.

But, this won't stop if all forms of cheating aren't banned, and by that i mean carry services. It makes a mockery of the game.
    imagine calling gold for ingame service in an mmo ''cheating'',why not ban people who sell and buy crafted gear? ITS LITERALY THE SAME THING!!

also blizz cant ban bots,you think they could enforce THAT? /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello fellow azerothians. The title might be offensive but only to goldsellers, multiboxers, auction house/material botters. We have been trying to play the game since the beginning but those people we call CHEATERS have been ruining the game. I have been reporting almost every suspicious people who might be gold seller or botter and yes I have recieved a mail that confirms someone had been punished for CHEATING. We must report all CHEATERS and clean our game. Maybe if we show how much we despise them, Blizzard might take more serious steps to banning all of them. Would you like to support? Type your ideas
    Sadly, it is a neverending war, hence the existence of the token.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I have reported people and received a confirmation e-mail too.

But, this won't stop if all forms of cheating aren't banned, and by that i mean carry services. It makes a mockery of the game.
    Carry services following ToS and not, has always been a thing, and as long as people need a hand, it'll keep existing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    Blizzard is a gold seller, and probably one of the biggest money makers for them. Personally I'd love if they got rid of the wow token but there's no shot it'll get removed. It would cost blizzard millions.
    the token is gr8,my guild just does some boosts and i have been able to buy everything in the shop and other games no problem,also not actualy spending money on subs

blows my mind how people hate the wow shop but dont say a thing about FF,where transmog is a much bigger part of the game,and you MUST use $ for it,there is no gold option

They are more than welcome to stay. May their business thrive and prices be lower than Blizzard's.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the token is gr8,my guild just does some boosts and i have been able to buy everything in the shop and other games no problem,also not actualy spending money on subs

blows my mind how people hate the wow shop but dont say a thing about FF,where transmog is a much bigger part of the game,and you MUST use $ for it,there is no gold option
    FFXIV subforum is -------> that way, we're discussing WoW here. Btw colour me surprised, a booster claiming that token is OK.

Gold Selling won't stop until everyone involved gets punished, which means there will be people whom might be undeserving of a ban (People who got hacked, or simply doesn't know about account scammers yet.)

If it is known to Blizzard, or the inclinations or evidence highly suggests gold selling, they should just ban every person they believe to be part of the transaction, and promptly remove the gold from the game entirely, yes even from people who had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Or make a system that can track gold usage and revert any / everything the gold has been spent for and then take it out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Let it go my friend.. enjoy your game, and ignore those who are buying it. The more money company has the better production quality we'll get.
    Yea, that's not how the gaming industry works.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard cares, I care, many players who tries to enjoy the game cares so yeah if Blizzard is selling gold buy it from there, not from 3th party or you can get banned, your gold also erased, and yeah your real money would be toilet paper as well.
    I don't think they should get a monopoly on that, if they didn't like it, they shouldn't have endorsed it by making WoW Token.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ban all goldsellers 4head!

Bruh, if Blizz could "just ban" them, they'd already do so. I definitely think they could do more to tackle it, but it's not a "just fix it lol" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    As long as there's buyers, you will never get rid of the sellers.

Start by slamming the ban hammer on the buyers, and you may manage to curb the undesired behavior.
    its hilarious, they have done this a few times before, the very second someone gets banned for Buying, a post is up on multiple forums within MINUTES, letting people know, an incompetent dimwit might think "oh to warn them, right?" no. to Buy gold, but for other people who you dislike to get them banned

so yeah, a slight, yet extremely obvious flaw in that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    If you did this, you'd lose 25% or more of your player base. No game will ever do that. They only ever ban the sellers.

As someone who likes buying gold(I also love that we get called cheaters), it has been around since the very first MMO ever, and it will never, ever, go away. Get over it. I'm sorry that in one hour of work, I can buy the equivalent of a month's worth of farming in gold. Trading one resource for another, is more than fair, no matter what it is as long as both parties are agreed in the exchange.

Not only that, it is a more efficient use of my personal free time. As a parent, who only plays after my kids are in bed, I cannot dedicate endless hours to the purpose of farming a resource that I can spend $5 on and get instantly. It's illogical, to say the least. But now you're telling me, I'm not allowed to do whatever I want in my own free time, because you say so? Even though I'm not hurting ANYONE in the process?

Sorry, but you're going to lose this battle every single time. But based on the post you created here, even if they were all banned, you'd find something else to cry or be upset about.
    1: You cannot ban buyers, people will false flag and buy gold for people to get said people banned. many have done this, including blizzard, and many forums instantly let people know when they do, just to let them know now is the time to get that guy who ninja'd ur random blue item from a dungeon banned.

2: trading one resource for another is not more than fair, it's literally the main source of poverty in global economics. one of the biggest flaws in capitalism, and actively being monitored and taxed even in the US. you even said it urself, an hour of IRL work is worth a month of ingame farming for you, how is that fair?

3: no you are not allowed to do whatever you want in your free time, never have, never will. can you imagine when the first human soeciety decided to ban murder of their own? "WTF Guys, you can't just decide what I do in my own free time". you claim to not hurt anyone in the process, but you are hurting people, you are the demand, the reason why these cheaters and botters exist. you are directly harming other players. I am not saying that you arent allowed to buy gold, I couldn't care less, I've bought gold, I've sold gold, there are many reasons, mine was the BMAH and the fact theres a limit on how many tokens you can buy a month. and my very first epic mount back in vanilla when i was like 9 years old. but claiming you aren't harming anyone is pure stupidity, or willfull ignorance, pick your poison.

we do not have to be morally correct or righteous in everything we do, it's okay to skirt the lines of ethics sometimes, but it's also important to be aware of what you are doing.

4: True, he will lose every time. it's an unwinable battle. since the main judicator can only be Blizzard, and they have close to 0 monetary reason to do this, nothing to gain, while it will cost them a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse punishing buyers would intimidate them. Real question is ''Who sells gold?'' . Answer is simple. People who got the millions or billions. Identifiying the gold seller is so easy while potential buyers are harder to identify. They refresh their pricey items regularly, they hold the most of the materials not only as stocker but also as grinder. They have multiple accounts that has lowest item lvls yet they are the richest. So yes identifying a gold seller is a lot easier than identifying the buyer , and by this way less possible buyers will get banned while malicious cancerous gold sellers would get what they deserve.
    lets say we are banning buyers, and lets say I don't like you very much, either because I disagree with you on a forum, or I think you're a poo poo head, or maybe ur a high rated Arena player who keeps sniping me with a counter comp, or maybe ur a competitor for my raiding guild or MDI team. basically, any reason why I would want you gone.

Not imagine if you will, that I know your Ingame name.

I will navigate to an imaginary website G3Gdotcom, oh they sell gold, thats nice, oh they sell gold by ingame mail, even nicer, im just gonna type "INSERT POO POO HEAD WHO U WANT BANNED'S NAME" into the text box, and buy a bunch of gold.

What would happen now?

Banning buyers isn't a viable option because it can be maliciously abused by the player base, and has been done many times, in many games, including wow. basically similar to why we hate the automated report system.

Did u know if u get "Silenced" from the auto report system you get DC'd and if u get DC'd u get kicked out of an arena game even if u reconnect in time?

Yeah, I learned that when I was boosting my Guild mates to 2.1k in BFA season 1 for that juicy PVP chest before Mythic Uldir release. 2 German teams who after I had farmed them quite a bit with previous guild mates just decided to abuse the report system with quite a few accounts to get me DC'd and kicked out of the game, every time. 17 times in 1 day actually. great system. now imagine if it was a ban instead and how much worse that would be.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You're completely off base with that analogy. You can sublease apartments, cars, houses. There's literally, an entire market that does that. You own that account, hence why it's yours, and "Blizzard will never ask you for your password". The only time you lose rights to that account is when they catch you doing something you're not supposed to. You bought the game, pay for the subscription, it's yours. You just don't physically own the IP rights of the game itself, which is understandable.

Please at least know what you're talking about before saying stupid shit like that.
    This is wrong. You don't own anything. You pay for access only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    FFXIV subforum is -------> that way, we're discussing WoW here. Btw colour me surprised, a booster claiming that token is OK.
    <- not a booster. Token is ok.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The more money company has the better production quality we'll get.
    f u c k i n g l o l

Look at the quality we got with SL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    As long as there's buyers, you will never get rid of the sellers.

Start by slamming the ban hammer on the buyers, and you may manage to curb the undesired behavior.
    this is likes saying since humans kill each other since dawn of history, we shouldn't make it illegal and just accept it

- - - Updated - - -

Let it go my friend.. enjoy your game, and ignore those who are buying it. The more money company has the better production quality we'll get.
    westwood, bungie and many others went sh8t with more money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I don't think they should get a monopoly on that, if they didn't like it, they shouldn't have endorsed it by making WoW Token.
    exactly, if they must keep 'gold' sales, why keep monopoly of it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Hello fellow azerothians. The title might be offensive but only to goldsellers, multiboxers, auction house/material botters. We have been trying to play the game since the beginning but those people we call CHEATERS have been ruining the game. I have been reporting almost every suspicious people who might be gold seller or botter and yes I have recieved a mail that confirms someone had been punished for CHEATING. We must report all CHEATERS and clean our game. Maybe if we show how much we despise them, Blizzard might take more serious steps to banning all of them. Would you like to support? Type your ideas
    As long as blizzard has the wow token, they will never ban gold sellers

The more money the company get, the bigger Kotics boat is becoming.

Ftfy