Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Well they can be hit and miss, but as long as you aren't afraid to try and you enjoy doing them they can be fun. I have the advantage of showing the ones that came out well but for everyone I'm proud of I have a dopey looking bug eyed one haha.
    I'm sure that's true of most everyone after all is said and done. Not even the greatest of artists to have only ever achieved perfection. As you said the important bit is to have fun.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

wait. hang on. are you all painting without some version of these???

I don't know whether to be jealous or terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    He's a friendly enough guy, but like a lot of them it's hard to judge the actual video content from the titles and thumbnails. This video is interesting because they take a super high res camera, so imagine painting the face via the screen that makes the head seem like it's a real head in size. It also picks out every single little flaw that may exist and highlight it. Way too much for me, but interesting!

- - - Updated - - -

The amusing thing is, I don't think the Fantasy minis were that great compared to minis of their day. In either case though, yeah the Saurus and Skinks are showing their age, and one of the key units (Salamanders, giant flame spewing lizards) is an old resin model that is absolutely horrid.

I like the monsters though!

Yeah, I've been branching out a bit much, but it depends on what games you play too. I love Infinity's minis, but no one plays it locally. 40k days at the local store are on days I work, and I enjoy AoS more anyway, so AoS is my main game. Though I do have some Necrons and Black Templars.
    The Lizardmen monsters do look great, the Old Blood on Carnosaur mini especially is A+ but I also like your Stagadons there, the color contrasts look cool. One more reason I'm sad they killed the TKs, constructs like the Necrosphinx or Warsphinx (or who knows, an official Hierotitan) with 2021 mini techniques would look sooooo good. Stuff like the Ossiriach Bonereapers just don't look half as cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

Nope, but I did know someone I used to paint with who would wear something very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Nope, but I did know someone I used to paint with who would wear something very similar.
    definitely jealous. I can't see or paint fine details without these. that video with magnification screen sounds interesting but also that shift of looking at the screen instead of your own hands might take some getting used to.

I'm actually pretty near sighted, so don't need magnification like that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

definitely jealous. I can't see or paint fine details without these. that video with magnification screen sounds interesting but also that shift of looking at the screen instead of your own hands might take some getting used to.
    I'm blessed with good eyesight so I wouldn't say I need these soon. I can see all the details just fine.

Which makes it all the more annoying when my clumsy hands slip up and I make a mistake of course since I see it right away.

I think I also need to take better care of my brushes. My Vallejo detail brush has seen me through most of the tiny stuff on my models and I love it but I already feel like I'm overusing it and perhaps not taking the best care of it. Any tips on that front? Specifically on how to wipe paint from the brushes without damaging them, I dip them in water then wipe with a towel while being careful not to twist anything but there's gotta be a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm blessed with good eyesight so I wouldn't say I need these soon. I can see all the details just fine.

Which makes it all the more annoying when my clumsy hands slip up and I make a mistake of course since I see it right away.

I think I also need to take better care of my brushes. My Vallejo detail brush has seen me through most of the tiny stuff on my models and I love it but I already feel like I'm overusing it and perhaps not taking the best care of it. Any tips on that front? Specifically on how to wipe paint from the brushes without damaging them, I dip them in water then wipe with a towel while being careful not to twist anything but there's gotta be a better way.
    I use this stuff to clean them https://www.dickblick.com/products/t...ner-preserver/ but there are plenty of other options and - this is important. do not wipe them too hard (I honstly just kinda lightly squeeze to get water out before reshaping them) and do NOT let them dry bristles up, because that lets the residual water run down the ferrule (the metal sleeve that attaches bristles to the handle) and damages the wood AND the glue so your brush starts to shed sooner. dry the brushes upside down or flat on the table on a paper towel or cloth.

stuff like this https://www.amazon.com/Updated-Brush...dp/B09DGNQCW7/ can work pretty great if you'd rather not spend the mulah on this baby https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XVR2K3B/ (which granted is pretty awesome, but also costs like 5 times as much and even just the top sleeve you can attach to your own water jar is $18)

that said, lucky you with your eyesight. I'm just glad glasses exist, or I would have had to give up minis by now.