Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    It would only work if they decide to go with that weird idea that the "Main Universe" (Great Dark Beyond) actually *is* the plane of life. Which wouldn't fit at all with either cosmology chart (which puts our reality in the middle of all six forces).
    I mean, that could work. But, how Azeroth possibly being Elune fits on that is beyond me.

Elune was always connected to the moon and the Sun. From an astronomic pov, it could make sense. From a sister of the winter queen pov less so cause Azeroth isn't born and if she did, we were led to believe she is a Titan, not one of these beings like the winter queen in the side of life.
    I mean, being a sister of the winter queen means she would have to have been created by the first ones in the same way the winter queen was in the forge on the new zone. That presumes Elune was created by a similar machine in the plane of life with her companion patheon of life.
    It really doesn't fit very well, unless the whole titan pantheon is in fact not arcane beings but life beings, which would be another tremendous retcon.. or Elune/Azeroth would be a life being born completely differently from the others. Lets not forget Elune is worshipped in other worlds as well. It just doesn't fit.
    Another hypothesis i could come up with is that Elune could be hiding in Azeroth and making us believe there is a Titan world soul there. That is the only plausable explanation i can come up with and would require explaining on why and how she is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Given the standard of the current writing, it would fit right in.
    And this is my fear.
    It wouldn't, but they would fist ram it, like they did Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-23 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The Primus took over late in Korthia, after we'd already done most of the work and saved him, yeah. I'm not really sure what argument you're trying to make. That Bolvar isn't the leader of any of the covenants therefore he's not qualified to lead us in Zereth Mortis even though he's been our commander all of the expansion?
    That there are more qualified leaders in the covenants than him? Like.. Draka, Mograine ? There is a whole covenant aiming at protecting the Shadowlands who have an huge army that, somehow, deleguate its leadership to Bolvar without any explanation ?

I'm not arguing over the choice, I just want an In game explanation as to why it all ended up on Bolvar hand and not on a co-joint military mission with several covenant key members making a battle plan, because , for me it doesnt make sense for him to assume that leadership without any explanation ever. He's been OUR commander, yes, but he's not the one of the Shadowlands. Moreoever, he is still susceptible to Domination ( more than the other, because of his past deeds ) so putting him in this position directly against the forces of the Jailer is a huge gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    That there are more qualified leaders in the covenants than him? Like.. Draka, Mograine ? There is a whole covenant aiming at protecting the Shadowlands who have an huge army that, somehow, deleguate its leadership to Bolvar without any explanation ?

I'm not arguing over the choice, I just want an In game explanation as to why it all ended up on Bolvar hand and not on a co-joint military mission with several covenant key members making a battle plan, because , for me it doesnt make sense for him to assume that leadership without any explanation ever. He's been OUR commander, yes, but he's not the one of the Shadowlands. Moreoever, he is still susceptible to Domination ( more than the other, because of his past deeds ) so putting him in this position directly against the forces of the Jailer is a huge gamble.
    Draka is not a commander, she wasn't in life and we don't know how much command experience she's has in death. Mograine was a powerful paladin and is a powerful warrior, but again we don't know what level of command experience. Bolvar on the other hand was the administrator for the world's most populous city for years, a commander of the Alliance's armies coordinating forces across continents, then the Lich King controlling millions of Scourge and pacifying them. As for his supposed susceptibility we haven't seen him controlled in any situation where anyone else wasn't when he wasn't actively using the Helm to scry into Torghast.

In short, besides racial leaders like Thrall and Tyrande Bolvar has as much or more command experience as anyone who's been active in Shadowlands. He also has the trust of the covenants and the people of Oribos.

This argument baffles me. Did people complain about why everyone was listening to Khadgar in WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Funny, MY blizzard insider told me the next expansion is going to be something entirely different.
    Activision learned that pandering to the woke community has cost them $$, so instead they're going to have a crossover with Genshin Impact, creating a new race of attractive straight white people with annoying voices.
    I couldn't confirm this, but apparently they got the creator of House Party to direct the game.
    A large chunk of Genshin characters are pretty clearly not coded as white? If you are going to accuse others of racism it's best not be racist yourself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    "Apparently the world soul is Elune"

lol, literally confirmed in a recent SL patch to not be true. At least put some effort into it.
    If it had Sylvanas ascending to godhood I would believe it, it's Steve's world after all we are all just paying for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    To piggyback off of this, it's also important for Blizzard to bring in a class that uses a theme outside of the current class lineup. There are potential players who like tech/steampunk classes in fantasy games, and have no option currently in WoW. Bringing in such a class could in turn make those potential players new subscribers.
    and like pandaland, damage those who dislike it. People quit over mop and no amount of righteous smug will make those lost subs grow back
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    and like pandaland, damage those who dislike it. People quit over mop and no amount of righteous smug will make those lost subs grow back
    Except after Shadowlands people are clamoring for something akin to Pandaland. MoP is considered one of the best expansions WoW ever had.

WoW was experiencing a steady decline after WotLK and throughout Cataclysm. After MoP, WoW experienced an even steeper decline during WoD. We can't blame MoP's aesthetics for that. Heck, look at Shadowlands; That is an aesthetic that most of the vocal WoW critics clamored for, and WoW's userbase declined so steeply in this expansion (and BFA) that Blizzard stopped reporting the subscription numbers.

Awakening fake was here before BFA and SL why should this be true this time what the hell is wrong with you people if you want to make a fake do it yourself and don't steal other ppl shitty fakes ?? yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Awakening fake was here before BFA and SL why should this be true this time what the hell is wrong with you people if you want to make a fake do it yourself and don't steal other ppl shitty fakes ?? yikes
    Some want it to be real because tinkers. The rest of us see an obvious fake and continue reading the read because we're bored.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    If void elf customizations prove anything it's that the devs aren't moved by hate, but rather love to the game.
    Trying to please people who can't stand others getting toys...i have news for you. You will never please them.

Also, i believe people were disatisfied with Cataclysm most of all.
    Subs actually grew during the pandaria patch cycles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Some want it to be real because tinkers. The rest of us see an obvious fake and continue reading the read because we're bored.
    Stop stirring s**t up.

Several leaks have tinkers, it's not unique to this. People are debating more than Tinkers. Just stop posting if all you can do is drag vendettas through the forums.
    Just don't bump it. Let the rest of us have a civilized conversation.

Also, wth, no one is saying this is even real except in a sarcastic way. Just stop.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-12-25 at 03:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i just want to point out that people should not say it is fake just because it says world soul is elune, is blizzard, they confirmed what she is but they can very well retcon it for this expansion if plot demands, like they are doing lately, no problem.

But the leak is fake though.

I wonder if Awakenings will be the next South Seas, where every single time we get near an expansion announcement people will "leak" it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i just want to point out that people should not say it is fake just because it says world soul is elune, is blizzard, they confirmed what she is but they can very well retcon it for this expansion if plot demands, like they are doing lately, no problem.

But the leak is fake though.
    Funny that this is possible if they rip-off FF14 idea to call their planet a "STAR", then Moon is for real can be called her sister but this would start real shitshow.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I wonder if Awakenings will be the next South Seas, where every single time we get near an expansion announcement people will "leak" it.
    Interestingly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Awakenings is used as a reference for the awakening of both Galakrond and Azeroth. The dragon isles would still be a major part of the expansion, but not the entire expansion.

I doubt 'Awakenings' will be the name of the expansion considering it's also the name of the ongoing Alt-Right COVID-denialism Qanon insanity tour.

Draka is not a commander, she wasn't in life and we don't know how much command experience she's has in death. Mograine was a powerful paladin and is a powerful warrior, but again we don't know what level of command experience. Bolvar on the other hand was the administrator for the world's most populous city for years, a commander of the Alliance's armies coordinating forces across continents, then the Lich King controlling millions of Scourge and pacifying them. As for his supposed susceptibility we haven't seen him controlled in any situation where anyone else wasn't when he wasn't actively using the Helm to scry into Torghast.

In short, besides racial leaders like Thrall and Tyrande Bolvar has as much or more command experience as anyone who's been active in Shadowlands. He also has the trust of the covenants and the people of Oribos.

This argument baffles me. Did people complain about why everyone was listening to Khadgar in WoD?

I copy paste my precedent post because I fail to see how your post answer to any of those points. Bolded the important part for better comprehension, if it was needed. I can somehow understand how you can be baffled now

I'm not arguing over the choice, I just want an In game explanation as to why it all ended up on Bolvar hand and not on a co-joint military mission with several covenant key members making a battle plan, because , for me it doesnt make sense for him to assume that leadership without any explanation ever. He's been OUR commander, yes, but he's not the one of the Shadowlands. Moreoever, he is still susceptible to Domination ( more than the other, because of his past deeds ) so putting him in this position directly against the forces of the Jailer is a huge gamble. ( Adding : If I ever need to recall , he nearly felt under the jailer control in oribos and he was freed with difficulty )

Draka is not a commander, she wasn't in life and we don't know how much command experience she's has in death
    Draka is now the new Margrave of the Chosen, making her the house's official leader
    Last edited by Engal; 2021-12-25 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

Stop stirring s**t up.

Several leaks have tinkers, it's not unique to this. People are debating more than Tinkers. Just stop posting if all you can do is drag vendettas through the forums.
    Just don't bump it. Let the rest of us have a civilized conversation.

Also, wth, no one is saying this is even real except in a sarcastic way. Just stop.
    Number one: Not stirring shit up. Number two: Never said it was unique to this leak. Number three: I can post here as much as I'd like so long as I'm not being a dick, which as much as you dislike my opinions, I'm not. You're the one being openly hostile and jumping down my throat because I said something you don't like and you can't deal with it like an adult. I don't carry vendettas for reasons as stupid as someone wanting/liking a class I don't like. That's just a waste of time and energy. I have a bunch of friends who like and want tinkers and I hope they get them, the only difference is they're not bent on shoving them everywhere and bitching at people who don't like them. They're not assholes. No vendettas here.

I don't even know any of you well enough to hold a grudge. Finally, yes there were a bunch people who genuinely think this leak is real. I've seen them across the internet and they're dead serious, passing it off as fact. Is this an example of this so called "civilized conversation?" I've yet to see a civilized conversation unless it's between people who agree. Finally, unless you're one of those people who want it to be real because of tinkers then you shouldn't get this upset because I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about a very few people on here. Get down from that high horse, plant your feet firmly on the ground, and take care that you don't float away. Pfft. Vendetta.

As for why I know it's fake, it's not just the Elune world soul thing that gives it away, though that's part of it. It's the fact that it says the Jailer is not defeated and we know from datamining that the Jailer goes the way of the dodo in 9.2 and that much of what the OP describes as features is wish fulfillment. Let's not forget it basically takes all the most popular theories and confirms them. Then there's the world revamp and the faction restructuring, both of which require a large amount of time and resources.

There can't be both if we don't want another repeat of BFA-SLs and a release by the end of the year 2022, especially not with all the delays. Plus, unless the expansion is very far a long in development they wouldn't give you a projected release date especially with the Pandemic and various problems Blizz is having as a company. For the longest time Shadowlands didn't have a release date and then when they made one they had to push it back. As for not liking the concept, I actually find some of the features pretty interesting, especially the Infinite Dragonflight as enemies, Belf Druids and Forsaken Paladins, world revamp and cross faction play. I'm even taken with the idea of new factions for those of us tired with Alliance Vs Horde.

Vacation here I come.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Awakenings is used as a reference for the awakening of both Galakrond and Azeroth. The dragon isles would still be a major part of the expansion, but not the entire expansion.
    This. Though I think it'll be probably be just Galakrond's awakening. I think they'll save Azeroth's awakening for the grand finish, if you will, as she and her children face machinations of the voidlords. It just feels too soon for her to awaken now and what would that even entail for the rest of us living on her?
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    I copy paste my precedent post because I fail to see how your post answer to any of those points. Bolded the important part for better comprehension, if it was needed. I can somehow understand how you can be baffled now

I'm not arguing over the choice, I just want an In game explanation as to why it all ended up on Bolvar hand and not on a co-joint military mission with several covenant key members making a battle plan, because , for me it doesnt make sense for him to assume that leadership without any explanation ever. He's been OUR commander, yes, but he's not the one of the Shadowlands. Moreoever, he is still susceptible to Domination ( more than the other, because of his past deeds ) so putting him in this position directly against the forces of the Jailer is a huge gamble. ( Adding : If I ever need to recall , he nearly felt under the jailer control in oribos and he was freed with difficulty )

Draka is now the new Margrave of the Chosen, making her the house's official leader
    I answered all of that. He has more military command experience than any of the people you mentioned, and his weakness to domination has only been an issue when he used the helm to Scry. Being picked to be a leader does not mean you have prior command experience.

"New class: Tinker. So far available to ALL playable races"
    This is the only thing I didn't like, besides, don't you see that nobody plays gnomes / goblins? and this class is exclusive to them ...

I think new classes would be more interesting like gladiator, warden (see maiev's powers in Hots), or others

I want to make a special mention of gladiator, remembering the gladiator stance ... it was incredible what I had fun playing it, and it also served to encourage people to play tankes ... it was a great idea, and I hope I come back soon

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    This is the only thing I didn't like, besides, don't you see that nobody plays gnomes / goblins? and this class is exclusive to them ...

I think new classes would be more interesting like gladiator, warden (see maiev's powers in Hots), or others

I want to make a special mention of gladiator, remembering the gladiator stance ... it was incredible what I had fun playing it, and it also served to encourage people to play tankes ... it was a great idea, and I hope I come back soon
    Gladiator stance was such fun, and it’s baffling as much as Blizz hyped it that it went away as quickly and quietly as it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post

Wardens are pretty much just Rogues, and any further exploration of the Warden concept should be done within the Rogue class. Additionally, they're only within the Night Elf race. Gladiator is better served as a Warrior stance.

As for a Tinker/Mechanic class, it doesn't have to be exclusive to Gnomes and Goblins. You can make an argument for Draenei, Dwarven, Vulpera, Nightborne, and Blood Elf tinker/mechanics as well. In addition, while you may find Wardens or Gladiators more "interesting", what are they actually adding to the class lineup that can't be brought by the current classes? You could stick all of Maiev's abilities from HotS into the Rogue class for example. You really couldn't do the same with the WC3/HotS Tinker's abilities.