Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Wow, for real? why do some horde fans always do this? When it's really nice, or really cool - all of a sudden, all the excuses that night elves can't have it - oh they left this 10,000 years ago, it's similar to blood elves, it fits blood elves and the horde more, night elves won't work with it. They do exactly the same to tell you why night elves can't have night elven cities, and it should go to the horde

Imagine that, night elves can't have night elven cities like Suramar, and night elven architecture when it's beautiful (no problems if it's in ruins like Eldre'thalas or Zin'Azshari), they've never had a problem with that.
    They can't have night elven based sub-races either, because oh, they left this ages ago, or they were enemies.

The fact that night elves can recover, or rebuild, can use magic, have ancient knowledge, not to mention groups once enemies can be redeemed, friendships can align again.. All doesn't matter

They made the same arguments for Nightborne completely forgetting the night elves have reconciled with their Highborne cast and also re-embraced magic

Why do they do this? Because they want the nicest things for their factions, and then try to make you feel or make it look like it shouldn't go to you, but to them.

So basically all the nice or cool things, and best things in night elf lore shouldn’t be available to the alliance, but to the horde or not available to players, because why? They'd get jealous and would like it, and they don't want their rivals to have it.

Watch what happens when you suggest that Silvermoon and blood elves should be alliance because of - "they fit the alliance theme better", they're originally from the alliance and alliance core"... watch them go
    Silvermoon and the blood elves will never go to the alliance. Blizzard want the horde to have the elven things now.

I'm not saying the alliance doesn't have some claim to them, but the horde does too now. and it should go to the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Silvermoon and the blood elves will never go to the alliance. Blizzard want the horde to have the elven things now.

I'm not saying the alliance doesn't have some claim to them, but the horde does too now. and it should go to the horde.
    Great, give the horde all the cool things from the night elves and high elves, and wonder why everyone keeps going horde, finds the alliance boring and the game continue to be woefully imbalanced.

Instead of building up the alliance by giving the cool things of the night elves and other races on there, instead you give their civilization, their magic, their cool sub-races, and the best work you do related to their lore to the horde.. I mean really.. I don't see the best things of the blood elves and Nightborne coming back to the alliance. Nor the best things of the trolls or orcs either.

It's one way for the coolest things.. Horde first, then alliance.. and then they go, the alliance numbers problem is unsolvable, meanwhile funnelling the coolest features and things to the horde.. and wondering. Right...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess they could implement them going either the worgen-route or mechagnome-route and only letting the uppertorso gear prominently show. Either way would be cool and fitting the next time we say hello to Azshara; I imagine what few naga she'll have left and about around her won't be too enthused with her Nzoth-induced madness and mindcontrol and the fact that she kowtowed the old-gods direction all along, merely saving them in order to manipulate them on Nzoths behalf.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

These are not Naga, these are just another elves.

Can we please NOT introduce another fucking elf race? I like elves but WoW has too many. We don't need fish elves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Can we please NOT introduce another fucking elf race? I like elves but WoW has too many. We don't need fish elves.
    Maybe don't play a game where one of the native core species of the main planet are elves?

Really don't need more variants on green monsterous humanoids either.

Can the faction that's actively requested Elves since the start actually keep their elvish stuff? Or, actually get something new instead of having their stuff removed, all while being tossed made up scraps?

Naga - or a variant of them - is pretty much the only thing left at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Maybe don't play a game where one of the native core species of the main planet are elves?

Really don't need more variants on green monsterous humanoids either.

Can the faction that's actively requested Elves since the start actually keep their elvish stuff? Or, actually get something new instead of having their stuff removed, all while being tossed made up scraps?

Naga - or a variant of them - is pretty much the only thing left at this point.
    There are FIVE FUCKING ELF RACES. We don't need a sixth. Another elf race would be just boring as fuck. Mok'nathal, ogres, Jinyu, Mogu, purified demonic races like Lothraxion....there are so many things to choose from. Slapping a few fishy features on Night Elves would be PEAK laziness.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    There are FIVE FUCKING ELF RACES. We don't need a sixth. Another elf race would be just boring as fuck. Mok'nathal, ogres, Jinyu, Mogu, purified demonic races like Lothraxion....there are so many things to choose from. Slapping a few fishy features on Night Elves would be PEAK laziness.
    Not to mention unpopular... if the Nightborne have shown us anything, it's that Night Elves are the less popular elf variant. Basing another sub-race or whatever off of them would be ill advised.

Personally I'd rather they go full monster with it. Gimme the actual Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Not to mention unpopular... if the Nightborne have shown us anything, it's that Night Elves are the less popular elf variant. Basing another sub-race or whatever off of them would be ill advised.

I'd honestly rather see any of the races I suggested first. Hell, I'd even be down with drakonid in a Dragon Isles expansion.

God damn... why another freaking elf race. One that hasn't even a represantation ingame... just another asspull like voidelves.

Why not use one of the allready established races? Like Jinyu, Gilgoblins, Taunka, Tuskar, Vyrkul, Yaungol, some kind of bipedal Tolvir, one of the insect races, some kind of drakonid (not dragonsworn, that just sounds hella stupid), the WoD plant guys, Sabron or one of the hundreds i did not mention...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd honestly rather see any of the races I suggested first. Hell, I'd even be down with drakonid in a Dragon Isles expansion.
    I mean sure, those would be fine, I was just saying in this situation I'd rather have a monster race than another elf.

I mean sure, those would be fine, I was just saying in this situation I'd rather have a monster race than another elf.
    Ah ok. I get that now and you're right. A sixth elf race would just superfluous. Though a purely monster race isn't likely to happen because too many people don't want "ugly" races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    God damn... why another freaking elf race. One that hasn't even a represantation ingame... just another asspull like voidelves.

Why not use one of the allready established races? Like Jinyu, Gilgoblins, Taunka, Tuskar, Vyrkul, Yaungol, some kind of bipedal Tolvir, one of the insect races, some kind of drakonid (not dragonsworn, that just sounds hella stupid), the WoD plant guys, Sabron or one of the hundreds i did not mention...
    If we were going to get dragonsworn, it would be better suited as a class and not a race. Like in the TTRPG that is now non-canon

Ah ok. I get that now and you're right. A sixth elf race would just superfluous. Though a purely monster race isn't likely to happen because too many people don't want "ugly" races.

- - - Updated - - -

If we were going to get dragonsworn, it would be better suited as a class and not a race. Like in the TTRPG that is now non-canon
    Yeah that is what i mean by sounds stupid^^
    But some people proposed them as a race.

I would take Drakonids like in D&D as a race. But Dragonsworne just sounds so... specific compared to all the other classes ingame which are all rather archetype-y.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Yeah that is what i mean by sounds stupid^^
    But some people proposed them as a race.

I would take Drakonids like in D&D as a race. But Dragonsworne just sounds so... specific compared to all the other classes ingame which are all rather archetype-y.
    I mean...drakonids exist in WoW already. We fight them in Blackrock Spire, Blackwing Lair, and the guards of the Bronze Dragonflight are drakonids.

Great, give the horde all the cool things from the night elves and high elves, and wonder why everyone keeps going horde, finds the alliance boring and the game continue to be woefully imbalanced.

Instead of building up the alliance by giving the cool things of the night elves and other races on there, instead you give their civilization, their magic, their cool sub-races, and the best work you do related to their lore to the horde.. I mean really.. I don't see the best things of the blood elves and Nightborne coming back to the alliance. Nor the best things of the trolls or orcs either.

It's one way for the coolest things.. Horde first, then alliance.. and then they go, the alliance numbers problem is unsolvable, meanwhile funnelling the coolest features and things to the horde.. and wondering. Right...
    Dunno what you expect, I like the horde, just like you like the night elves, I'm gonna want cool things for it.

Anyway, I don't really care, you can have high elves, and naga/naz'dorei whatever - but having claims to these things have not counted for jack.

night elves had 100% claim to nightborne, they still went horde away from the night elves
    High elves and blood elves were a core of the alliance, they also went horde.

It doesn't matter t hat alliance got it first, or it's more at home on the alliance or the 100 petty reasons that just a simple lore development can turn upsside down. I also like cool things, and because I like the horde I want them there. and i respect you want them on the alliance.

may the best man win.

[It's going horde ]

- - - Updated - - -

Technically it's a naga race, and if it's naga it's based off elves. It should not be based of humans or trolls or orcs

And you want it popular, giving it an elf based humanoid form will appeal to a lot of people, if you don't like elves, you can stay in naga form all the time.

Dunno what you expect, I like the horde, just like you like the night elves, I'm gonna want cool things for it.

Anyway, I don't really care, you can have high elves, and naga/naz'dorei whatever - but having claims to these things have not counted for jack.

night elves had 100% claim to nightborne, they still went horde away from the night elves
    High elves and blood elves were a core of the alliance, they also went horde.

It doesn't matter t hat alliance got it first, or it's more at home on the alliance or the 100 petty reasons that just a simple lore development can turn upsside down. I also like cool things, and because I like the horde I want them there. and i respect you want them on the alliance.

may the best man win.

[It's going horde ]

- - - Updated - - -

Technically it's a naga race, and if it's naga it's based off elves. It should not be based of humans or trolls or orcs

And you want it popular, giving it an elf based humanoid form will appeal to a lot of people, if you don't like elves, you can stay in naga form all the time.
    Giving naga the ability to suddenly turn back into elves would make absolutely no sense. Why would they have waited until now to start doing it? they're not worgen. And again, giving us ANOTHER elf race would be overdoing it. You can try and say "they can stay in their naga form" but that doesn't change the fact it's another fucking elf race.

Naga actually fit the identity of the Horde, far better than the Alliance.
    They are a group of misfits that could band together with other groups of misfits, that are hunted by the Alliance.

Not that I would really want Naga anyway. We've got our nelf allied race in the Nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Giving naga the ability to suddenly turn back into elves would make absolutely no sense. Why would they have waited until now to start doing it? they're not worgen. And again, giving us ANOTHER elf race would be overdoing it. You can try and say "they can stay in their naga form" but that doesn't change the fact it's another fucking elf race.
    Exactly my point.

We have no need for the Naga as an allied race at this point.

Why would they want to join either faction?
    Night Elves, Nightborne, Blood Elves, Darkspear Trolls, Humans, Draenei...they've all had some bad relation with the Naga at one point or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on, that's a ridiculous nit pick in a game that has dragons transform to humans and humans transform to werewolf beast men. We even see Azshara able to transform herself to her night elf form.

the feasibility is irrelevant, it can happen in a magical world anything can happen.

question is, is it cool? and these look awesome. I'd love to see a Thalassian adaptation of this too, pink skin with some scaling.

Ofc night elf fans wouldn't be happy about this cos we'll be "stealing" their stuff again... don't blame them, but I'd still be curious to see what that might look like.
    It isn't a nit pick. It's a valid point, since it's confirmed that male naga lost much of their elven features and their faces became more serpent and dragon-like.
    Females naga are the ones who maintained some of their Elven beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    They are a group of misfits that could band together with other groups of misfits, that are hunted by the Alliance.

Not that I would really want Naga anyway. We've got our nelf allied race in the Nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point.

Night Elves, Nightborne, Blood Elves, Darkspear Trolls, Humans, Draenei...they've all had some bad relation with the Naga at one point or another.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't a nit pick. It's a valid point, since it's confirmed that male naga lost much of their elven features and their faces became more serpent and dragon-like.
    Bringing in Naga would be as nonsensical as bringing in Northrend vrykul. They are literally always antagonists. FOR FUCK'S SAKE THERE WAS AN ENTIRE PATCH IN BFA DEDICATED TO NAGA BEING THE VILLAINS.

Actually nightborne are unpopular because their first iteration was ugly, if you made them attractive, like the improvements did, same for night elves, they'd garner a lot more interest. Night elves are intentionally made uglier too which surprise me, and annoys ( i guess favoritism)

Purple skin isn't as appealing as pink skin, this is wh you need to make the alien coloured person very appealing to compete with the media blond haired / pale skinned beauty standard.

If you make them have uglier faces on top of purple skin, i mean seriously, peopel won't be as interested.

now I think these models are pretty cool. I guess though when blood elves came out, they wanted to make them more attractive than anything the alliance had.. and kept it that way to make the horde more attractive.

I hope that when they do the next model upgrade for races, we will have some stunnig faces and bodies for night elves. That should help them significnatly in terms of popularity.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood elves and Nightborne fit the identity of the alliance far better, not to mention they were both already there, the high elves are an original race of the faction.. yet look waht happened.

If the horde can get pretty , civilised high elves and nighte lves, the alliance can get half monster, half pretty elven naga race, combining monster and elf. FOr a change. Although i n my opinion, they should be going by cool factor. f it's relaly cool and the fans like it, give it to the alliance if you want peopel to move to the alliance.

If you still want the horde to dominate and draw even more, yes, by all mean give it to the horde, giving it to both will benefit hte horde more too.

and it's not like ythey have no reason to be on the alliance with the Nighte lves, and it's not like you can't make up reasons either.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point.

You seriously think LORE will get in the way.. because you can't see a reason. the OP provided one story, i can provide 3, if the devs want it, they just need to invent it. And it'll be lore. Seriously that has never been an issue.. don't pretend like it is.

Like that's ever mattered, enter magic, where you can be a wolf man with a massive snout and the next a perfectly formed human.. or a gigantic dragon can be be a gnome or human or elf. That's what magic is for, and this is one race tha thas lots of it.

The concept is lore consistent, and valid, and even if it wasn't, it is worth inventing lore to make it so. It's that good.

Actually nightborne are unpopular because their first iteration was ugly, if you made them attractive, like the improvements did, same for night elves, they'd garner a lot more interest. Night elves are intentionally made uglier too which surprise me, and annoys ( i guess favoritism)

Purple skin isn't as appealing as pink skin, this is wh you need to make the alien coloured person very appealing to compete with the media blond haired / pale skinned beauty standard.

If you make them have uglier faces on top of purple skin, i mean seriously, peopel won't be as interested.

now I think these models are pretty cool. I guess though when blood elves came out, they wanted to make them more attractive than anything the alliance had.. and kept it that way to make the horde more attractive.

I hope that when they do the next model upgrade for races, we will have some stunnig faces and bodies for night elves. That should help them significnatly in terms of popularity.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood elves and Nightborne fit the identity of the alliance far better, not to mention they were both already there, the high elves are an original race of the faction.. yet look waht happened.

If the horde can get pretty , civilised high elves and nighte lves, the alliance can get half monster, half pretty elven naga race, combining monster and elf. FOr a change. Although i n my opinion, they should be going by cool factor. f it's relaly cool and the fans like it, give it to the alliance if you want peopel to move to the alliance.

If you still want the horde to dominate and draw even more, yes, by all mean give it to the horde, giving it to both will benefit hte horde more too.

and it's not like ythey have no reason to be on the alliance with the Nighte lves, and it's not like you can't make up reasons either.

- - - Updated - - -

You seriously think LORE will get in the way.. because you can't see a reason. the OP provided one story, i can provide 3, if the devs want it, they just need to invent it. And it'll be lore. Seriously that has never been an issue.. don't pretend like it is.

Like that's ever mattered, enter magic, where you can be a wolf man with a massive snout and the next a perfectly formed human.. or a gigantic dragon can be be a gnome or human or elf. That's what magic is for, and this is one race tha thas lots of it.

The concept is lore consistent, and valid, and even if it wasn't, it is worth inventing lore to make it so. It's that good.
    Yes. Let's justify the writers bastardizing the lore even more than they already have just so we can have another unneeded elf race.