View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Awwww it really does warm the cockles to see such concern for the Bankers from the remainers. You all will be heartened to see what they all have to say this morning about prospects in the sunny uplands post Brexit.

1. Goldman Sachs economists have forecast the UK economy will jump by 4.8 percent next year - easily trumping the 3.5 percent predicted for the US, four percent for Germany and 4.4 percent for European Union juggernauts France and Italy.

2.HSBC expect UK GDP to grow by 4.7 percent over the next 12 months, with its forecasts for the rest of the G7 nations ranging from 2.2 percent for Japan and 4.3 percent for Italy.

Hopefully people sleep more soundly knowing the bankers are happy and think Brexit Britain will be OK. Then there's these guys who say:-

3.The latest forecasts from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) also show the UK economy is set to outperform the EU's top economies and that of the Eurozone as a whole this year and next. For 2021, Brexit Britain's economy is forecast to grow by 6.76 percent - more than double that of Germany (3.05 percent) - the EU's largest economy.

A hat-trick of Brexit goodies and tidings for the New Year and that's just today!

Brexit Britain to outpace every other G7 economy in 2022 - beating the US and Germany

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...omicron-update

Hard to keep up with all the beautiful Brexit news. Have you seen what Nostradamus predicts for the EU in 2022? I dare you to look it up. Lols.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

*something about it being easier to grow when you first put yourself in the dumpster. So while the EU grows bigger, the UK is climbing out of the pit they put themselves in a little faster*
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Awwww it really does warm the cockles to see such concern for the Bankers from the remainers. You all will be heartened to see what they all have to say this morning about prospects in the sunny uplands post Brexit.

1. Goldman Sachs economists have forecast the UK economy will jump by 4.8 percent next year - easily trumping the 3.5 percent predicted for the US, four percent for Germany and 4.4 percent for European Union juggernauts France and Italy.

2.HSBC expect UK GDP to grow by 4.7 percent over the next 12 months, with its forecasts for the rest of the G7 nations ranging from 2.2 percent for Japan and 4.3 percent for Italy.

Hopefully people sleep more soundly knowing the bankers are happy and think Brexit Britain will be OK. Then there's these guys who say:-

3.The latest forecasts from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) also show the UK economy is set to outperform the EU's top economies and that of the Eurozone as a whole this year and next. For 2021, Brexit Britain's economy is forecast to grow by 6.76 percent - more than double that of Germany (3.05 percent) - the EU's largest economy.

A hat-trick of Brexit goodies and tidings for the New Year and that's just today!

Brexit Britain to outpace every other G7 economy in 2022 - beating the US and Germany

Hard to keep up with all the beautiful Brexit news. Have you seen what Nostradamus predicts for the EU in 2022? I dare you to look it up. Lols.
    I'll give you some credit for bare-faced cheek. Not many people would have dared to show their face so soon after the gigantic fuck-up that was your last post. Predictably you've decided to just ignore how much of an idiot you made of yourself and link to something different instead.

I've no doubt that your post contains misleading and/or factually incorrect information, but I'm busy right now. When I get a spare 5 minutes I'll pick it apart as easily as the rest of your nonsense, I suspect.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I see you’ve changed tactics by not providing sources anymore, hm?

After some googling I found the exact excerpt you posted, leading to a paywal article from the telegraph… what’s next, you’re gonna share that Boris’s personal diary says “brexit is awesome!”?

The article also states:
    Lucrative trade deals have been signed, including one with Australia earlier this month which the UK Government described as an "historic" agreement - the first from scratch since leaving the EU.
    so I’m gonna have to call bullshit on the whole thing =P
    Last edited by Veggie50; 2021-12-29 at 10:13 PM.

And a nice little quote in your linked article:

"Claus Vistesen at Pantheon Macroeconomics - which downgraded UK growth to 4.2pc and the 3.8 percent for the Eurozone due to the Omicron Covid outbreak - highlighted how the UK is having to make up more ground because of the depth of the recession in 2020, meaning its growth can be quicker."

I've explained this to you before; our economy shrank by more than the EU, so our recovery is going to be notionally larger. We're still lower compared to the EU than we were before Covid hit. Even if these economists are correct about next year, we'll STILL be lower. Do I need to repeat the analogy I gave you about the apples? Or was that too complicated and you need it simplified further?

You're just going to skate by the £16.4bn hit to the finance part of the economy then? Just ignore it with a "lolz, you guyz support greedy bankers"? Personally I'd have no problem reorganising our economy to make us less reliant on Finance. Especially since we've got another 2008 looming on the horizon, and this one might even be worse. But this isn't a planned adjustment to the UK economy, this isn't an organised move from Finance to another area of business. This is just Brexit damage to Finance with crossed fingers that we'll somehow make up the huge tax-loss elsewhere.

Your previous post proved you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Your effort to ignore that stunning failure on your part is transparent and laughable. Your efforts to talk up Brexit have failed again. Poor dribbles, I'll amuse myself thinking about what your face must have been like when you realised what you'd done. Angry? Embarrassed? Ashamed? I think I'll have to go with angry. Your post history suggests you can't feel the other two.

Keep the "good news" coming dribbles. You'll be pleased to hear that you're now literally indistinguishable from a Remainer operating a satirical sock-puppet for the purposes of making Brexit look bad.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    And a nice little quote in your linked article:

"Claus Vistesen at Pantheon Macroeconomics - which downgraded UK growth to 4.2pc and the 3.8 percent for the Eurozone due to the Omicron Covid outbreak - highlighted how the UK is having to make up more ground because of the depth of the recession in 2020, meaning its growth can be quicker."

I've explained this to you before; our economy shrank by more than the EU, so our recovery is going to be notionally larger. We're still lower compared to the EU than we were before Covid hit. Even if these economists are correct about next year, we'll STILL be lower. Do I need to repeat the analogy I gave you about the apples? Or was that too complicated and you need it simplified further?

You're just going to skate by the £16.4bn hit to the finance part of the economy then? Just ignore it with a "lolz, you guyz support greedy bankers"? Personally I'd have no problem reorganising our economy to make us less reliant on Finance. Especially since we've got another 2008 looming on the horizon, and this one might even be worse. But this isn't a planned adjustment to the UK economy, this isn't an organised move from Finance to another area of business. This is just Brexit damage to Finance with crossed fingers that we'll somehow make up the huge tax-loss elsewhere.

Your previous post proved you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Your effort to ignore that stunning failure on your part is transparent and laughable. Your efforts to talk up Brexit have failed again. Poor dribbles, I'll amuse myself thinking about what your face must have been like when you realised what you'd done. Angry? Embarrassed? Ashamed? I think I'll have to go with angry. Your post history suggests you can't feel the other two.

Keep the "good news" coming dribbles. You'll be pleased to hear that you're now literally indistinguishable from a Remainer operating a satirical sock-puppet for the purposes of making Brexit look bad.
    I felt that your back of a fag packet calculation of a £16.4bn hit to the financial services sector, or 350 million a week ish as you gleefully exclaimed, was clearly dealt with by my last post. Obviously it appears not.

Some baby steps necessary I guess.

Taking the Goldman Sachs, HSBC, IMF projections of in the region of a 5% Brexit gain for the UK, a £2 Trillion economy, for just the next 12 months. Can you work out how many £billions 5% of £2Trillion is and is it greater or lessor than your 16bn a year hit to the City? And then compound it for the next 15 years?

Care to post the results and apologise for the unnecessary snarkiness that's been the hallmark of the remain misinformation campaign? If that's possible we might be getting somewhere here finally. I'm waiting tap tap tap...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I felt that your back of a fag packet calculation of a £16.4bn hit to the financial services sector, or 350 million a week ish as you gleefully exclaimed, was clearly dealt with by my last post. Obviously it appears not.

Taking the Goldman Sachs, HSBC, IMF projections of in the region of a 5% Brexit gain for the UK, a £2 Trillion economy, for just the next 12 months. Can you work out how many £billions 5% of £2Trillion is and is it greater or lessor than your 16bn a year hit to the City? And then compound it for the next 15 years?

Care to post the results and apologise for the unnecessary snarkiness that's been the hallmark of the remain misinformation campaign? If that's possible we might be getting somewhere here finally. I'm waiting tap tap tap...
    Detecting whataboutism, engaging laughter.

Back of a fag-packet? I took the economist estimate of a 10% hit to the Finance sector as a result of Brexit (from your linked article) and applied it to an easily googleable figure for the UK Finance sector for 2020 of £164bn. Yes, the maths is simple, but it's based on the article YOU linked, believing it showed how wonderful Brexit was, and a readily available number. That isn't "back of a fag-packet" in any sense. You appear to have a different understanding of the meaning of words to the rest of us. Unsurprising, since you appear to inhabit your own world where Brexit isn't shit.

Now feel free to link where Goldman Sachs, HSBC or IMF are projecting a 5% gain in the UK economy, specifically as a result of Brexit. Remember, you don't get to claim increases that would have occurred anyway as "Brexit benefits". That's not how it works. We know Finance is taking a £16.4bn hit because of Brexit, because that's in the article you linked. So now give us a link to where economists are predicting an increase like that because of Brexit. I'll wait.

Actually, I won't wait. Because you won't be able to link it, because it doesn't exist. Your projection of misinformation isn't going to cloud the issue here; you've been spouting lies and nonsense for pages now and you've been repeatedly called out for it. You've got no credibility left at this point.

And the Brexit support continues to fall, even as we speak. What will the next poll show? Single digit support for Brexit? Norway here we come. The Brexit reverse gear is about to be engaged.....

And the Brexit support continues to fall, even as we speak. What will the next poll show? Single digit support for Brexit? Norway here we come. The Brexit reverse gear is about to be engaged.....
    The country was rather unsatisfied with the Tory government as of December 10th:
    https://www.opinium.com/resource-cen...december-2021/

Tory vote down to 32%, Labour up to 41%. LibDem up to 9%.

Then two weeks later:

https://www.opinium.com/resource-cen...december-2021/

Tory vote static at 32%, Labour down to 39%, LibDem up to 11%.

Also, included in the latest December polling is the information that Mr Johnson is a serious liability for the Tory party:

Tory seats projected if the polling change was uniform across the country:

Johnson in charge: 203 seats
    Sunak in charge: 263 seats
    Truss in charge: 162 seats
    Gove in charge: 136 seats

This could be enough to send the Tories to the opposition benches. The future of the UK's relationship with the EU would then be in the hands of Sir Keir Starmer and Sir Ed Davey, and that relationship would be a hell of a lot closer than Dribbles and Johnson would care for.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-12-30 at 01:46 AM.

Another Brexit perk. Wait that's not the correct word. I mean how is not being able to travel through a country and be treated like a 3rd country resident like we are a perk?

https://twitter.com/LeShuttle/status...45791027179524

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Another Brexit perk. Wait that's not the correct word. I mean how is not being able to travel through a country and be treated like a 3rd country resident like we are a perk?

https://twitter.com/LeShuttle/status...45791027179524
    It isn't a full ban though, you can still transit airside through airports between an inbound flight from the UK and an outbound flight to a destination outside of France that are no more than 24 hours apart. You can't, however, enter France from the UK unless you are a French citizen (unless you are on important business, such as a medical or diplomatic mission, you are entering as an employee of Eurotunnel or you are a customs or immigration official).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-12-30 at 11:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, The New Year is soon to be upon us and the polling has started for British people to choose out of the hundreds of Brexit benefits which one is their favourite? Obviously its hard to pick out the best from the multitude but I can't wait for the winner, so exciting.

https://facts4eu.org/news/2021_dec_brexit_bonuses

Which one will you choose?

On the subject of New Year and the upcoming celebrations would someone let the Scots, Welsh and people from NI know that we have got Brexit done here in the UK, and they don't have to ingratiate themselves to the EU any more by copying the EU wide authoritarian "papers please" societal lockdown being implemented as we speak. It really won't make leaving the United Kingdom and re-joining the EU any more likely. I hope they remember what devolution means come the next election when they re-elect their leaders and I'd like to welcome the expected 100,000's who will cross the border to celebrate NYE, or their Hogmanay here in England where mask wearing is optional in pubs, clubs, restaurants etc thanks to our Boris's deft handling of Brexit and Covid.

Happy New Year, let's all raise a dram and three cheers for Brexit!

So, The New Year is soon to be upon us and the polling has started for British people to choose out of the hundreds of Brexit benefits which one is their favourite? Obviously its hard to pick out the best from the multitude but I can't wait for the winner, so exciting.

Reading the comments on Lies4Fools site finds that so far many have nailed it in particular the One eyed King and Northern Monkey with special highlights:
    The complete exposure of democratic subversion and traitorous acts of successive seditious parliments painting us into a corner where we now stand has been the best thing so far, coupled with the fact it made them go early on their Austin power villain world domination plan which is mutating its way into oblivion.
    They no longer have the 'higher authority' of the EU to blame

On the subject of New Year and the upcoming celebrations would someone let the Scots, Welsh and people from NI know that we have got Brexit done here in the UK, and they don't have to ingratiate themselves to the EU any more by copying the EU wide authoritarian "papers please" societal lockdown being implemented as we speak. It really won't make leaving the United Kingdom and re-joining the EU any more likely. I hope they remember what devolution means come the next election when they re-elect their leaders and I'd like to welcome the expected 100,000's who will cross the border to celebrate NYE, or their Hogmanay here in England where mask wearing is optional in pubs, clubs, restaurants etc thanks to our Boris's deft handling of Brexit and Covid.

Literally all “benefits” on that page are lies, previously in this thread thoroughly and repeatedly debunked.

On the subject of New Year and the upcoming celebrations would someone let the Scots, Welsh and people from NI know that we have got Brexit done here in the UK
    No, you haven't. You're still not controlling your borders, neither for people nor for goods.

and they don't have to ingratiate themselves to the EU any more by copying the EU wide authoritarian "papers please" societal lockdown being implemented as we speak.
    England has also implemented the 'EU wide authoritarian "papers please" societal lockdown' for the following event venues:

• nightclubs
    • indoor unseated venues with more than 500 people
    • unseated outdoor venues with more than 4,000 people
    • any venue with more than 10,000 people

No Covid Pass, no entry

I'd like to welcome the expected 100,000's who will cross the border to celebrate NYE, or their Hogmanay here in England [...] thanks to our Boris's deft handling of Brexit and Covid.
    The annual fireworks display in London has been cancelled due to Covid. Again.

Anyway, I know you love a poll, and public approval of Boris' covid management is at its lowest point ever (33%) while Boris' personal approval rating is only 24%.

In other words, two thirds did not approve of how Johnson is handling Covid, and over three quarters of respondents didn't like what he is doing in general.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2021-12-30 at 12:31 PM.

Our funding
    For Remoaners obsessed with conspiracy theories, we should mention that we have funded 90% of the costs ourselves, with the balance coming from small, individual public donations that have helped us to keep going somehow. None of the donors have so far have been named Vladimir. Sorry to disappoint Remainers who can't deal with facts and prefer to try to attack us personally, but the money is infinitessimally small compared to the funding of Remain campaigns. We suggest Remainers address the facts rather than imaginary conspiracy theories.

We don’t have expensive London offices, secretaries, expense accounts for taxis and restaurants, etc. We’re party-neutral and none of us are interested in political careers, nor do we seek TV appearances or personal fame.

We desperately need more funds to continue our work and to spread our messages wider. We are currently doing real, pragmatic work with campaigns to ensure a free, independent, and sovereign United Kingdom on 31 December 2020.
    But yet are still taking donations 364 days later! I do hope you have not been caught up in the grift Dribbles?
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Wow, when you started talking about "hundreds of Brexit benefits" and shared a link, I thought I was heading to a website that would list those hundreds. So I eagerly clicked to find out what this wonderful Brexit has given us. Did I find hundreds of benefits?

Did I fuck.

That website you linked gave us a grand total of 5. The first one has already been used; it allowed us to bypass EU regulations and let water companies release untreated sewage into our rivers and seas. We certainly couldn't have done that while still in the EU (at least not without getting a stiff fine). But I'm not sure I'd have that as a benefit.

The second one is the old "freeports" lie. We could have set them up as part of the EU, but we didn't. Can't have that as a Brexit benefit.

Number 3 is about trade deals; yes, we've been able to roll over slightly worse versions of existing EU deals that we would have had anyway. And we've signed a deal with Australia that will have virtually zero financial benefit, but may well allow cheap foreign meat into the country, undercutting our own farmers. I don't think the farmers would call this one a benefit.

Number 4 is another flat out lie. There was literally NOTHING we did as part of our Covid response that wouldn't have been possible if we were still in the EU. I'm pretty sure Boris would have made a pigs ear out of it regardless.

And finally number 5; like Turkey this was another one of those scare stories that ignored the UK veto that would have made it impossible. Like the Euro, we would have been able to opt out, regardless of whether it happened.

So, not hundreds of benefits after all. A mere 5. And of those none of them are actually Brexit benefits. I can see where you get your posting style from now dribbles. If you're following these idiots, it's no surprise you're so badly informed and prone to shooting yourself in the foot.

It does at least make it clearer by the day why Brexit has been such a catastrophic failure. It's being run by people that are detached from reality, lazy and ignorant. If you don't understand how things work, how can you ever make them better? It's a good job Brexit is dying on its feet, and we'll soon start to reverse it before it does any more damage. We'll be fixing this for decades regardless, but the quicker we reverse direction the sooner we can get things working properly again.

Number 4 is another flat out lie. There was literally NOTHING we did as part of our Covid response that wouldn't have been possible if we were still in the EU. I'm pretty sure Boris would have made a pigs ear out of it regardless.
    That item also contains a number of other lies and omissions.

"the reality is that the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine would not have gained approval in time to be delivered by December 2020"

For approvals the uk was a bit faster, and approved a vaccine on December 2, EMA approved it December 21.
    It was also delivered in December 2020 both in the uk (Dec 8) and EU (around Dec 26).

It was just that it was the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

For Oxford/Astra-Zeneca the uk approved it on December 30, and EMA approved it January 29 (after approving Moderna's Spikevax on January 6); but it seems the deliveries began in January in the uk ( https://youtu.be/kY_QdKRKi94 ) and in February in the EU.

And then there's "we do not publish our views about them as that’s not our job"; to allow the EU-sceptic anti-vaxx double-plus-good double-think that there is no covid-pandemic, the vaccines are meaningless - and the uk did good by approving the vaccines faster.

It's so disingenuous to post absolute rubbish, get well formulated counter-posts made towards it and then ignore it for 12-24 hours and when you next pop in the thread, just post another different false piece of rubbish. Can Dribbles actually address the owns in the past few pages he ignores after they were posted, or is bad faith posting allowed here all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    It's so disingenuous to post absolute rubbish, get well formulated counter-posts made towards it and then ignore it for 12-24 hours and when you next pop in the thread, just post another different false piece of rubbish. Can Dribbles actually address the owns in the past few pages he ignores after they were posted, or is bad faith posting allowed here all of a sudden?
    This is MMO-C. If bad faith posting was not allowed more then half the daily traffic would stop...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death