Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    And yet it was okay from classic to wod, and THEN suddenly not okay and we have this shitshow :
    "Here new skills and toys BOY, but 2 years later i gonna take it all away, so waste next hundred hours by farming AP for it, lel loser"

Unexpected? but people want new talent rows and skills, that would be integrated in classes and not thrown away!

You want prevent bloating of skill book, than add more new stuff and let player vote what skills feel outdated and need to be pruned.
    No it wasn't ok. People in Cata and MoP were complaining about the ability bloat and how in essence we were getting too many overlaps without the classes and specs being unique. Which was why borrowed power was brought in.

Also letting players vote is an incredibly insane idea. You'd never get 10% agreeing to any skill being removed.

So, I think the idea that secondary trees for horizontal progression is kind of the future of secondary progression. However, I'm not sure I agree with this specific set of plans.

If you wanted racial tree... they'd have to have no impact on gameplay. Getting pigeonholed into a specific race just sucks. So maybe cosmetics, mounts, that sorta of thing. I'm personally of the opinion that your racial bonus should just be how your character looks and nothing more.

I think class trees just for cosmetic purposes is going to feel bad. I'd argue that just having a small quest to unlock the customizations and then an on/off switch would do well.

Mount trees, I mean GW2 does this well and it's great. Yeah, let's do it.

Now for some additional trees that could be done to help he game.

Armor trees. Let's let people train in the armor of their choice. Plate for mages? Cloth for warriors? Leather for DKs? Trees would let Blizz tweak and modify any broken builds that pop up and better allow players to realize their class fantasy.

Weapon trees. Mages with 2h sword? Paladin's dual wielding? Rogues with glaives? Yes, please.

Writing all this down sadly is a sure fire way to make sure that it will never happen. The pride of the devs at Blizzard prevent them from using any idea brought forward by a customer, they have to come up with it themselves.

Why not just make items and give everyone the same template? Where did this notion that repetition alone should progress you start?

That sounds royally convoluted and takes literally everything about why they made that shift in the first place and puts it back in as clunky and unnecessarily complicated as possible.

Third worst idea I've ever seen proposed in these forums. Congrats.

All it took was picturing me trying WoW again 3 years from now and encountering all this to realize it was bad.

"OK, I'm in, I boosted a fresh character to start the new expansion, World of Warcraft: Pony Island Adventure, really liked the release trailer for this one, what do you mean I have to go back to the starting zone and grind all the racial quests?! But I did a race change on my main when the new murloc race came out. So RIP that I guess. And I have to upgrade my mounts too?! Wait that's not all of it? When can I start the actual expansion?! I want to play the new content!"
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-12-30 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Borrowed power might have gone a bit crazy in recent expansions, but power and especially ability creep is probably a worse scenario down the road.

Not that into the suggestions made.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That sounds royally convoluted and takes literally everything about why they made that shift in the first place and puts it back in as clunky and unnecessarily complicated as possible.

Third worst idea I've ever seen proposed in these forums. Congrats.

All it took was picturing me trying WoW again 3 years from now and encountering all this to realize it was bad.

"OK, I'm in, I boosted a fresh character to start the new expansion, World of Warcraft: Pony Island Adventure, really liked the release trailer for this one, what do you mean I have to go back to the starting zone and grind all the racial quests?! But I did a race change on my main when the new murloc race came out. So RIP that I guess. And I have to upgrade my mounts too?! Wait that's not all of it? When can I start the actual expansion?! I want to play the new content!"
    You actually have to upgrade your mount with mount equipment now because blizz got angry that people liked the water strider and sky golem mount to much...

Quote Originally Posted by Candlewick View Post
    You actually have to upgrade your mount with mount equipment now because blizz got angry that people liked the water strider and sky golem mount to much...
    I do think there's a distinction between hours of grinding and 300g on the auction house, which is a pretty hefty step down from having to grind that MOP rep, though the raft's still handy certain expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.