Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Didnt blizz kinda announce LK for the fall of 2022? Or am i dreaming?
    You're dreaming. Think the chances for it to happen before winter are very small.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Didnt blizz kinda announce LK for the fall of 2022? Or am i dreaming?
    That was a fake leak (not the most subtle either but... I'd not have been arsed to triple check it either).

4 months per season with phase 4 only being a catch up... yeah, I'm with the "late '22" voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    That was a fake leak (not the most subtle either but... I'd not have been arsed to triple check it either).

4 months per season with phase 4 only being a catch up... yeah, I'm with the "late '22" voters.
    that's probably it... i stupidly took it for a announcement or something, but i swear i got that from my guilds Wowhead news feed... well no matter now, not official, got it

10+ Year Old Account
    Not enough time for anyone to jump in now. I heard most content is dead? Though that is to be expected, the game was very unforgiving to people who joined late into the expansion until what.. MoP? I can't remember if the cloak had catchup stuff etc.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Not enough time for anyone to jump in now. I heard most content is dead? Though that is to be expected, the game was very unforgiving to people who joined late into the expansion until what.. MoP? I can't remember if the cloak had catchup stuff etc.
    I don't know where you get this from.
    People are still doing Karazhan & T4 content.

Especially once ZA is out, it becomes rather easy to catch up because you can buy powerful badge gear and badges will now also drop in 10man raids.

The only issue arises if you have a mindset of being capped and expecting to clear content within two weeks, that won't happen without a guild, but unless you're into PvP (where it's actually difficult to catch up), you should be fine.

My realm, which is not even one of the big 3, is still vibrant with loads of pugs each week, and i do mean loads of them, everywhere, ssc and tk included.

Given they removed the attunement for SSC and TK, i'd say it's quite easy for anyone to jump on board at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah people have alts and stuff and even my little ass guild has runs every week for kara and gruuil mag. those runs will only get more common when kara drops badges. think about it its a kara and a few heroics each week is free badge gear.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    yeah people have alts and stuff and even my little ass guild has runs every week for kara and gruuil mag. those runs will only get more common when kara drops badges. think about it its a kara and a few heroics each week is free badge gear.
    Who needs badge gear though?

Apart from maybe the 4th alt or w/e most people I know are sat on hundreds of badges with nothing to spend it on. Is there something that's going to make everyone suddenly need Primal Nethers 9 months into the expansion? Even when the Isle of QD gear drops there are already enough badges farmed to buy every item you might want on the first day the smith unlocks.

Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Who needs badge gear though?

Apart from maybe the 4th alt or w/e most people I know are sat on hundreds of badges with nothing to spend it on. Is there something that's going to make everyone suddenly need Primal Nethers 9 months into the expansion? Even when the Isle of QD gear drops there are already enough badges farmed to buy every item you might want on the first day the smith unlocks.

Am I missing something?
    The absolute majoroty of players who are not even raiding or level 70 yet.

Wrath is going to release Q4 of 2022. It seems early because it is.

Phase 3 will likely be around February if 9.2 isn't. With phase 4 coming out sooner, let say April/May

Phase 5 will be late June or early July, and will run until November when Wrath of the Lich King comes out.

Blizzard does not want to let WoW sit for a year with no big release, it won't look good at all to the shareholders, 9.2 is all they have in terms of big releases (10.0 is NOT coming next year do not count on it)

It will have the same deluxe editions and stuff as TBC, with the character boost and whatever.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

All I know is if they keep going with 4 months for each patch in TBC then 90% of the servers and guilds will be completely dead by the time WOTLK comes. Ofc WOTLK will draw a lot of people back again but phase 1 of WOTLK is 100% faceroll and will be cleared on day 1 of WOTLK release so making phase 1 of WOTLK long would also be a big mistake.

What im trying to say is that they should really think of speeding the Classic content releases up. The game is far too easy to keep peoples interest for long periods of time, and allowing every semi competent guild to have time to farm full bis on every character before the next tier releases just makes the next tier a joke as well.
    Last edited by Sprinky; 2021-12-31 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    tbc had pretty crazy catchup in sunwell patch,and then wrath took it to the max with easy dungeon spaming for the previous raid ilvl gear,its never been as easy as it was in wrath to get high ilvl for no effort,unless you got a guild to boost you these days ofc

I suspect atleast a few months after blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The absolute majoroty of players who are not even raiding or level 70 yet.
    So the majority of TBC Classic players are waiting until phase 4 or 5 to even hit level 70?

*Doubt*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough, for the people that have FOMO and want to get in so they dont miss content

Not soon enough, for the people that want WOTLK Classic.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I doubt P4 will last 4 months, it merely adds ZA, which is largely a catchup raid similiar to ZG.
    It would also stretch Arena season 3 over 8 months, i'd wager the gap between Phase 3 and 5 will be like 4-5 months and they'll throw P4 somewhere in the middle.

My bet is on Wotlk launching in late 2022, they probably have 10.0 planned for early 23.
    Remember tho, people playing TBCC do it because they did love it, we did love it.
    So the longer it goes, the better

I suspect tehy will release WotLKC around winter. I do hope is rather late winter tho.

Arena season 2 is oficially ending on the 11th Jan so P3 won't be long after.

Assuming the standard duration of each phase with a major raid in it, fall 2022 seems pretty legit for LK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Wrath is going to release Q4 of 2022. It seems early because it is.

Phase 3 will likely be around February if 9.2 isn't. With phase 4 coming out sooner, let say April/May

Phase 5 will be late June or early July, and will run until November when Wrath of the Lich King comes out.

Blizzard does not want to let WoW sit for a year with no big release, it won't look good at all to the shareholders, 9.2 is all they have in terms of big releases (10.0 is NOT coming next year do not count on it)

It will have the same deluxe editions and stuff as TBC, with the character boost and whatever.
    do we know for real that wrath will be Q4? taht would make me sooo very happy
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    ZA is the "haste phase". It changes the entire dynamic of almost every class and spec in the game and you can't walk into ZA in crap gear to 'catch up'. Min-maxers will want a healthy mix of both BT and ZA gear for SWP and it will take a while to farm. A full set of vendor haste pieces also costs something like 350 badges. Let's also not forget that we're 3 months into p2 and *many* guilds still haven't cleared 10/10.

I think you under-estimate p4; it'll be the only phase in the expansion where people are actively raiding SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal/ZA all at the same time and with different levels of progress. If you follow Vanilla, which had even fewer distinct phases and gear, there is no way they won't milk TBC for at least 18-20 months. Which means an early 2023 release for Wrath at the soonest. But most likely an early summer release, like with TBC.

The people I know and play with aren't in any hurry even though we've had p2 content on farm since week 1. And anyone bored with the current tier should simply take a break or roll an alt--for most this is a nostalgic experience, not a race to 'beat the game/expansion'.
    This is what I keep pointing out:

Why can´t we have this again?

Imagine if we had 5 raids going at the same time where all are relevant for different classes/specs or interests... And then you still have Kara and Gruul/Mag for alts.
    Then BT and SWP... Hell, people will even keep doing HCs for badges for a long time... until SWP... but then we get new badge stuff!

That is an entire expanion game. VS today where we play 1 patch. Complete a story line super hyped with cinematics which last a week or so to complete. Then you are stuck with 1 raid and the same basic dungeons to run over and over for loot of raid quality. We are envolved on silly systems consuming time and go away on the next patch, instead of actually playing the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    with covid
    Dude cmon. Covid still around but not an excuse anymore