Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7/7 done, Sigryn fell within 15 tries on my ret.

These challenges were a wake up from my complacency. I was frustrated at the tunning, complaining yada yada, but actually I wasn't willing to put in time and effort, expecting a quick zerg, adding another meaningless mount and mogs to my collections.
    Although, I feel like the tank and healer challenges are unfair, compared to the dps ones, the latter felt much easier.

Overall, it's been fun. Weirdly enough, it reignited my passion for the game.

I had some fun and some frustrations. Overall the two classes I did them on I enjoyed it for the most part ironically imp mother gave me the most trouble as holding cds felt so counter intuitive.

I would suggest making a set gear system for when it comes around next time. I get the frustration from people knowing someone got to do it with effectively 2-3 more pieces of gear then them stat wise.

It all depends on which specs you use for which fight. Healer fight should have been only P1 and P7, everything between is meaningless and just a waste of time, P6 was actually hard in legion, I don't know why they nerfed it so much, you had to lust and alternate CD's for each wave of adds you had to heal, now it's just whatever. Tank having a big dps race aspect in it doesn't feel right at all, sure it feels rewarding when you get it done, but I don't think it's a "tank" challenge at all. All dps fights can be hard or easy depending on class specs, I don't know how they got the balance so wrong.

These are the fights I've completed so far:

Prot Pally/Guardian Druid - Tank
    Enhanc Shaman - Sigryn
    Fury Warrior/Outlaw Rogue - Agatha
    Frost Mage - Twins
    Arms Warrior/Havoc DH - Xylem
    WW Monk/BM Hunter/Disc Priest/Destro Lock - Tugar
    Resto Shaman - Healer

Finally done the tank challenge with more than 200 attempts (though I had to cancel many because of my child needing me).
    Its definitively harder tuned than in Legion.

Now I have to do the healer one. I still have nightmares about that. :/

MY Guardian took about 3x more pulls then my Prot and still resembled nothing close to a tanking encounter.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently at 15/36 here with all specs done for Death Knight, Warrior, Paladin, Warlock and Mage. I'm moving on to Hunter next, then going Shaman and if I have time, Rogue then Druid. The aim is all 36 eventually but I left it a little late and I don't have Monk, Demon Hunter and Priest at 60 yet so would rather do it then.

I'll be uploading videos of everything soon to YouTube, but I have videos of DK challenges. Of what I've done so far most have taken around 10-15 attempts, with outliers higher up being Prot Paladin (54) and Holy Paladin (35 - 20 attempts were learning P1). I one shot both Fire Mage and Fury Warrior, Agatha seemed a joke especially on Fire Mage, and it took 3 attempts for Arcane Mage. Frost was more pulls but died extremely quick when I swapped some gear around (21% crit).

Videos of DK Challenges here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xtLnVjFsbeQ_2i
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Currently at 15/36 here with all specs done for Death Knight, Warrior, Paladin, Warlock and Mage. I'm moving on to Hunter next, then going Shaman and if I have time, Rogue then Druid. The aim is all 36 eventually but I left it a little late and I don't have Monk, Demon Hunter and Priest at 60 yet so would rather do it then.

I'll be uploading videos of everything soon to YouTube, but I have videos of DK challenges. Of what I've done so far most have taken around 10-15 attempts, with outliers higher up being Prot Paladin (54) and Holy Paladin (35 - 20 attempts were learning P1). I one shot both Fire Mage and Fury Warrior, Agatha seemed a joke especially on Fire Mage, and it took 3 attempts for Arcane Mage. Frost was more pulls but died extremely quick when I swapped some gear around (21% crit).

Videos of DK Challenges here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xtLnVjFsbeQ_2i
    Do you have any suggestions on talents and CD use for the adds in P1? They have changed so much from the original MT that I probably will have to relearn the encounter once again and time is running out for me. :/
    I still cannot decide if I want to go with FoJ, Repentance or Blinding Light. I recall that I have used the latter to stop the Warriors when they start their Knife Dance. Is this still viable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    Do you have any suggestions on talents and CD use for the adds in P1? They have changed so much from the original MT that I probably will have to relearn the encounter once again and time is running out for me. :/
    I still cannot decide if I want to go with FoJ, Repentance or Blinding Light. I recall that I have used the latter to stop the Warriors when they start their Knife Dance. Is this still viable?
    I'm assuming you mean Holy Paladin? I ran 3/1/3/1/1/3/2. I found Blinding best for P1. Beacons on Shadowsong/Granny.

Wave 1 - Stand on the Archer and melee it to death (CS/Judge/Consecration), use your holy power to heal any general damage and let Jarod take the arrows and dispel
    Wave 2 - Melee the Mage and after a few seconds Turn Evil on the Archer. Lets the NPC kill the Mage without much issue.
    Wave 3 - Melee the Mage, when the Warrior starts casting Knife Dance, Turn Evil it, should run across the room then fixate you. You can keep distance or help melee it down. If it starts recasting Knife Dance, Turn Evil again.
    Wave 4 - Hardest wave from my POV. Drums, consecration on the Mage/Warriors and keep team decent HP. You need Blinding Light here as both the Warriors cast Knife Dance, then run away because they'll fixate you. Use AW on this wave, keep your team topped up. Second Knife Dances you can fear/HoJ. When you have one Warrior left do not fear if it will die in under 15 seconds, you need Turn Evil in Wave 5.
    Wave 5 - Stand on the Mage and melee, Aura Mastery (Devo), fear the Warrior on Knife Dance and get Jarod to soak the Archer shot. You can keep fearing the Warrior every Knife Dance and this wave becomes pretty simple after the Mage dies.

I really liked Awakening, the AW procs are great especially being able to HoW mobs to help with damage. Your Holy Power abilities, especially Word of Glory felt really strong and you don't spend much mana as Holy Paladin. If you get hit by an arrow its not the end of the world.

With P2 make sure your HP is topped before killing each eye. They really hurt, the first time I got past P1 I died to the first eye straight after. I also used bubble in the final room of the gauntlet to AW and help kill the eyes faster.

After P2 you can sit around for a minute or two, wait for the Drums debuff to get down to two minutes before starting P3, that way it will be back up for Erdris.

For P3 I swapped to Fist of Justice (more HoJ's on Erdris) and Holy Prism. Holy Prism is not something I saw recommended elsewhere but it was some instant healing for my party on Erdris which is where I was struggling. I'm not a Healer main

Hope some of this helps ^^

Silvermoon
    )

Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    I went with FoJ personally. You can keep Turn Evil up 100% on one add in each wave. For wave 4, I used cooldowns aggressively, used HoJ on one Knife Dance, Turn Evil on the other, and burst damage/healing to get through the mage. For wave 5, I used HoJ on the mage and Turn Evil to lock down Knife Dance.

Also, major tip that's easy to miss: spec out of Beacon of Faith after the first phase and into Glimmer. Beacon of Faith cuts your BoL healing by -30%, and the last phase is all about keeping Jarod up while also managing your own health. I wiped in that phase several times before realizing that I was making it unnecessarily hard by speccing BoF, and killed it on my first Glimmer pull.
    Last edited by Adaren; 2022-01-01 at 09:23 PM.

Thank you for your suggestions! I hope I will find the time to try these in the next couple of days. I wish they would make the Mage Tower completely separate from the other timewalkings as an always on feature like Torghast.

Tired of mage tower requiring consumes and speciel gear. Wish it was just better scaled. Anyway I also haven't bothered with it much, but feral dps and tank feels very hard. But I heard gold makers making millions on AH due to ppl buying all the crap...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Tired of mage tower requiring consumes and speciel gear. Wish it was just better scaled. Anyway I also haven't bothered with it much, but feral dps and tank feels very hard. But I heard gold makers making millions on AH due to ppl buying all the crap...
    I don't think it's all mandatory, a lot of people have been doing them in Shadowlands gear but I feel it helps a little. For my Shaman I've tonight done the Elemental and Enhance challenges with the unique items being Heart of Azeroth, MoP Legendary Cloak (BFA one works fine as well) and for the Elemental one a Garrosh heirloom, Enhance I used my normal weapons. I'm using SL flasks, oils and runes. My food varies between BFA stats (7 haste/vers etc, old stuff I'm slowly getting rid of) and MoP feasts (7 primary stat, killed a rare and got 40 feasts). Drums are WoD/MoP ones (i.e. I had mats already so cheap).

The biggest things for me that are really good are;
    1) Garrosh Heirlooms - Can't get them now but they're really nice especially if you're doing multiple challenges. I'll be using the staff for 14 challenges so good value to get one set up decently.
    2) Crafted Dreadful PVP gear - Meta Gem slot mainly from the helm, but the legs and chest can be good.
    3) Legendaries - BFA Neck/Cloak, MoP Cloak, Legion Legendaries all have higher than normal stats due to quality.
    4) Old Enchants - Crusader for STR weapons (Pretty cheap now, I got two for around 4k a few weeks ago), Force Multiplier/Machinist's Brilliance from BFA, You can also use MOP leather leg enchants and inscription shoulder enchants with gear crafted before ilvl 50 (you do lose some stats from this though). There's also a Cataclysm cloak enchant that gives 6 primary stat that is decent IMO. Also old necks can take Legion neck enchants that can add a bit of damage.
    5) Old gems - You can get +3 main stat from MoP and there's a unique +7/6 from BFA that are becoming cheap.
    6) Strong consumables - BFA Flasks gives more primary stat if you want to use them. Potion of Prolonged Power are still decent from Legion, and I've found BFA's Unbridled Fury especially good for tanks. However I've personally been using a few MoP primary stat ones recently. Give less stats than SL, but I had spare herbs lying around.
    7) Certain items - I've only used this for the Destro Lock challenge but Ravaged Seed Pod is really strong from EN. Took me less than 5 minutes to farm.

I've made some gold selling consumables but as I said you can get by without it. Wowheads guides (and comments) are pretty decent and learning the fights helps massively. MVP comment so far is from the Arms Warrior one regarding Xylem, if you start P2 with the mop exactly in the middle the pool doesn't go right to the edge and gives you extra room

Silvermoon
    )

I did Aff Lock (Twins) Challenge, and completed it in my normal SL gear, with one trinket substitution (dropped Titanic Ocular Gland, due to Phase 5, and used a Wakening Frond (?) I got from the mission table). Definitely harder than it was in Legion, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it requires special gear or consumables.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I did Aff Lock (Twins) Challenge, and completed it in my normal SL gear, with one trinket substitution (dropped Titanic Ocular Gland, due to Phase 5, and used a Wakening Frond (?) I got from the mission table). Definitely harder than it was in Legion, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it requires special gear or consumables.
    Try Xylem as Havoc then come and say that again.

I did affliction and destro as level 50 with random gear and no consumables, those are 2 happy cases of no dumb tuning. Xylem though ... had to use everything and even go back and farm gem gear and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    I went with FoJ personally. You can keep Turn Evil up 100% on one add in each wave. For wave 4, I used cooldowns aggressively, used HoJ on one Knife Dance, Turn Evil on the other, and burst damage/healing to get through the mage. For wave 5, I used HoJ on the mage and Turn Evil to lock down Knife Dance.

Also, major tip that's easy to miss: spec out of Beacon of Faith after the first phase and into Glimmer. Beacon of Faith cuts your BoL healing by -30%, and the last phase is all about keeping Jarod up while also managing your own health. I wiped in that phase several times before realizing that I was making it unnecessarily hard by speccing BoF, and killed it on my first Glimmer pull.
    Thank you for that suggestion. I got to the last phase once, and died to a stupid mistake (too low health when the boss leaped on me). But I noticed that Jarod was too low before I died, so I will definitively try that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Try Xylem as Havoc then come and say that again.

I did affliction and destro as level 50 with random gear and no consumables, those are 2 happy cases of no dumb tuning. Xylem though ... had to use everything and even go back and farm gem gear and trinkets.
    Xylem is in general the hardest DPS challenge for me. I am glad that I could use my Hunter to get that done. Survival has a nice toolkit and with BfA consumables, the last phase is manageable.

It's vastly exagerated. I barely made 300k over a week, from selling DS gems and BfA consumables. The str flasks were especially hard to get rid off. This was on a full server btw

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    It's vastly exagerated. I barely made 300k over a week, from selling DS gems and BfA consumables. The str flasks were especially hard to get rid off. This was on a full server btw
    Maybe it was, but knowing the type of people on wow economy reddit I doubt it Anyway I heard one guy made 10 million and it wouldn't surprise me. Personally Id like to make more than my usual 2-3 million a month, with best being like 5 million in 1 month...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Maybe it was, but knowing the type of people on wow economy reddit I doubt it Anyway I heard one guy made 10 million and it wouldn't surprise me. Personally Id like to make more than my usual 2-3 million a month, with best being like 5 million in 1 month...
    I see numbers like that and don't want to believe it because my server sucks to sell on. Then I remember how much of a dead realm my AH is and that is why I can't make that much. Sometimes makes me feel like I should level a toon on a heavy pop realm and just play AH to fund my dead realm lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently at 23/36, should hopefully get Subtlety Rogue down before the end (had a 3% wipe earlier today after 4 attempts). That will leave me with Druid and the three classes I've yet to level for the next time it's available (DH, Monk and Priest). I would say I felt I needed Ravaged Seed Pod on Destro Warlock and Outlaw Rogue, both of them seem pretty annoying, especially Outlaw with the RNG Roll the Bones, if you don't get Grand Melee procs your only personal healing is Crimson Vial and the leech from Grand Melee is really big. On a few of my attempts RNG was that bad it never procced (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIObysUX...jpg&name=small). Assassination also felt to me like it had survivability issues, but thinking about it now I could have use the oil that heals, however my DPS was low (my trinkets were not great, 2 x Insignia, didn't have anything else) and I just about killed that with CC after they had enraged (killed the Jarl, CC'd Queen and killed the Caster/repeatedly broke shields).

For my Shaman, I didn't use much in terms of crafted or special consumables. My Enhancement was just SL gear that I remember and Ele/Resto had a Garrosh Heirloom.

Most attempts so far were Prot Paladian (54), Blood DK (48), Holy Paladin (35), Restoration Shaman (25), Destruction Warlock (25). Everything else was less than 20. Easiest for me were Fire Mage (1 - Absolute joke), Fury Warrior (1 - I haven't played Fury much so basic), Arcane Mage (3) and Survival Hunter (3 - Accidentally hero'd on Xylem pull 2 and wiped at 10% CS, would have been a kill otherwise).

I think knowledge of the fights helps greatly, as well as watching videos and the WoWhead guides can be pretty useful, especially the comments. My Sub Rogue was able to get straight to CS on the first pull of Xylem due to my knowledge of the fight and watching videos.

Silvermoon
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Currently at 23/36, should hopefully get Subtlety Rogue down before the end (had a 3% wipe earlier today after 4 attempts). That will leave me with Druid and the three classes I've yet to level for the next time it's available (DH, Monk and Priest). I would say I felt I needed Ravaged Seed Pod on Destro Warlock and Outlaw Rogue, both of them seem pretty annoying, especially Outlaw with the RNG Roll the Bones, if you don't get Grand Melee procs your only personal healing is Crimson Vial and the leech from Grand Melee is really big. On a few of my attempts RNG was that bad it never procced (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIObysUX...jpg&name=small). Assassination also felt to me like it had survivability issues, but thinking about it now I could have use the oil that heals, however my DPS was low (my trinkets were not great, 2 x Insignia, didn't have anything else) and I just about killed that with CC after they had enraged (killed the Jarl, CC'd Queen and killed the Caster/repeatedly broke shields).

For my Shaman, I didn't use much in terms of crafted or special consumables. My Enhancement was just SL gear that I remember and Ele/Resto had a Garrosh Heirloom.

Most attempts so far were Prot Paladian (54), Blood DK (48), Holy Paladin (35), Restoration Shaman (25), Destruction Warlock (25). Everything else was less than 20. Easiest for me were Fire Mage (1 - Absolute joke), Fury Warrior (1 - I haven't played Fury much so basic), Arcane Mage (3) and Survival Hunter (3 - Accidentally hero'd on Xylem pull 2 and wiped at 10% CS, would have been a kill otherwise).

I think knowledge of the fights helps greatly, as well as watching videos and the WoWhead guides can be pretty useful, especially the comments. My Sub Rogue was able to get straight to CS on the first pull of Xylem due to my knowledge of the fight and watching videos.
    What would be your tips for Fire Mage? I did it in Legion, but it's been awhile, and I did Agatha on Feral, Fury, Unholy, and Ele, but for some reason I'm getting wrecked on Fire. I can somewhat consistently get to phase 2, but I don't last much longer.