Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Bring Back 1 Spell from a Previous Expansion -- What is Yours?

You get the option to bring back 1 spell/ability from a previous expansion and use it now going forward.

Doesn't matter about class balance or class fantasy reasons. Doesn't matter if it was a base ability or granted from a talent option now since removed.

Blank check choice. What do you choose?

My personal is Claws of Shirvallah talent for Feral Druids that was available during WoD.

Couple of reasons: I loved being a fucking were-cat-man, allowed use of Druid healing spells while in were-cat-man form, and the Versatility buff promoted an auto-attack/Shred spam playstyle apart from a focus on Bleed effects.

But mostly the fucking were-cat-man.

Living bomb when it used to do damage.

Gust of Wind.

In any world where Mages are allowed to have Bloodlust, it feels like a cheap shot to remove abilities from Shaman because they are too "mage like".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Living bomb when it used to do damage.
    i agree with this message.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mind Spike.

Mages used to have a self heal...
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Difficult choice for a warrior I would have said the stance concept or the banner one since we got intervene back.

Druid Symbiosis, without a doubt.

Symbiosis for druids.

For those who didn't play during MoP (or didn't play with enough druids) it was an ability that would create a symbiotic link between the druid and another player from a different class. It would give the druid a specific ability from that class's toolkit based on the druid's spec. The other player would receive an ability from the druid based on their spec.

E.g.

Guardian Druid + Protection Paladin (I tanked during MoP and my co-tank was prot). I received Consecration (a good AoE threat ability when druid AoEs were on a cooldown). In return the paladin got barkskin on a 1 minute cd, adding a useful CD and letting them survive otherwise fatal hits in conjunction with one of their lesser cooldowns.

Overall each spec of druid could receive 10 different abilities based on the class, for a total of 40 abilities for the whole druid class. You could get DPS cooldown, survival, utility, etc. It was a great spell and many classes would ask to be your buddy. A personal favorite was giving it to rogues, who would receive growl (the druid taunt). It was a few minute CD and would give them a massive threat modifier, give them a huge armor/hp buff, and made you crit immune. It would let you tank for either 30 or 60s. Definitely had a few fights saved by having a rogue tank for a bit when one of us went down.

You could give holy paladins a battle rez (back before they were limited by encounter), shamans could stealth, warriors would get the AoE speed buff, shadow priests could get tranquility, and so on.

It was such a cool spell with so much depth and choice. It really could vary your entire strategy on a fight when used correctly. I remember on AoE intensive fights, like the hydra boss in ToT, we'd stack them on shadow priests for more AoE raid cooldowns.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Gust of Wind.

In any world where Mages are allowed to have Bloodlust, it feels like a cheap shot to remove abilities from Shaman because they are too "mage like".

God this was a kick in the gut when they removed this. I played Elemental + Feral in Legion and it was just so good to have a quasi-Blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Difficult choice for a warrior I would have said the stance concept or the banner one since we got intervene back.
    Stance dancing was not super fun.

Gladiator stance was, however, and I want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Stance dancing was not super fun.

Gladiator stance was, however, and I want it back.
    MoP stances were good you had some small decision making that was impacting your rage generation / damage without being a core gameplay feature

Flame orb. Sure in practice it was really just a dot that got stuck on things but I really like the idea and what mechanics could of grown from it. Frozen orb and arcane orb are far more simplistic versions of the spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Strike oh and Frostfire bolt.

<.< <.<
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-01-01 at 08:46 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Being able to Intervene your Banners was great too. Extra mobility without need of other players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Searing totem.

Reflective shield when it was first introduced. So much fun. The revenge against rogues was so, so sweet.

T H R O W D O W N

Bring the hate!