Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They can’t though. Alabama crushed Cincy. They played like shit on offense and still won by a mile. Cincy got like 200 total yards on offense. And I’m honestly surprised they got that many; they looked helpless.
    And Michigan got 300 yards against Georgia, an arguably worse team. And Cincy was playing this years national champion. With Saban having 5 weeks to prepare. Cincy may have gotten stomped, but it was just as bad as Michigan's stomping - arguably "better". So if this game was supposed to be the "no more G5 teams in the CFP", it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And Michigan got 300 yards against Georgia, an arguably worse team. And Cincy was playing this years national champion. With Saban having 5 weeks to prepare. Cincy may have gotten stomped, but it was just as bad as Michigan's stomping - arguably "better". So if this game was supposed to be the "no more G5 teams in the CFP", it didn't work.
    totally agree the later game proved G5's need a chance more than the first. Yes, Bama is the king and will be for the foreseeable future but short of just giving them the natty every year, you have to let others have their shot. And a better system would have helped ND (assuming the system forced them to join a conference).
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Notre Dame winning a big bowl game? Is it 1975?

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Notre Dame winning a big bowl game? Is it 1975?
    may have posted to soon wow

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    may have posted to soon wow
    Haha yep. They never established the run and Coan’s not good enough to pass every play.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    totally agree the later game proved G5's need a chance more than the first. Yes, Bama is the king and will be for the foreseeable future but short of just giving them the natty every year, you have to let others have their shot. And a better system would have helped ND (assuming the system forced them to join a conference).
    The 12-team CFP proposal pretty much covers it all. I hope they adopt it soon.

Well that stinks. ND was missing its running back and first round safety, but they should have been able to win that game.

Well that stinks. ND was missing its running back and first round safety, but they should have been able to win that game.
    I thought it was a done deal then ..nope they lose..

- - - Updated - - -

The 12-team CFP proposal pretty much covers it all. I hope they adopt it soon.
    I'd prefer a system that had no humans or computers picking teams..basically conference champs. but 12 teams would get most of it I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is nuts.

...and it keeps getting more nuts.
    Last edited by draynay; 2022-01-01 at 11:39 PM.
    /s

I dose off, wake up see the score thinks wow I slept through the game.. what its not even halftime yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    was there really 3 TDs in 30 seconds? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I like when they show the bands, wish they did it more often.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably one of the best first half Rose Bowls ever. Go Utes!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer a system that had no humans or computers picking teams..basically conference champs. but 12 teams would get most of it I think.
    The 12 team model is all 5 conf champs, a 6th conf champ based on highest rankings, and then the next six best ranked. There might be one more piece/factor there, but it's solid for including all the top teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    was there really 3 TDs in 30 seconds? o.O
    It's crazy - Stroud threw three TD passes in three attempts in a row. Utah hasn't figure out that match up yet, but they're so thin, a running back was playing cornerback for them.

- - - Updated - - -

(is Ryan Day going to the NFL after this season?)

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I like when they show the bands, wish they did it more often.
    same! and I hate Ohio State but dang their band is awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Probably one of the best first half Rose Bowls ever. Go Utes!

- - - Updated - - -

The 12 team model is all 5 conf champs, a 6th conf champ based on highest rankings, and then the next six best ranked. There might be one more piece/factor there, but it's solid for including all the top teams.

- - - Updated - - -

It's crazy - Stroud threw three TD passes in three attempts in a row. Utah hasn't figure out that match up yet, but they're so thin, a running back was playing cornerback for them.

- - - Updated - - -

(is Ryan Day going to the NFL after this season?)
    I'm talking ALL conference champs in FBS so that's 10 champs, could do 2 wild cards based on rankings I suppose, but hate human factors coming into play. I'd much rather just stick to the 10 champs honestly. who plays who chosen via lottery system.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking ALL conference champs in FBS so that's 10 champs, could do 2 wild cards based on rankings I suppose, but hate human factors coming into play. I'd much rather just stick to the 10 champs honestly. who plays who chosen via lottery system.
    The current proposal in front of the CFP Committee is what I listed, the P5 Conf champs, one other conf champ (based on ranking), then six wild cards, based on rankings. I'm not sure I could get behind all 10 conf champs making the cut - some of those teams are clearly second-string. Cinci and a few others being the exception, of course.

The current proposal in front of the CFP Committee is what I listed, the P5 Conf champs, one other conf champ (based on ranking), then six wild cards, based on rankings. I'm not sure I could get behind all 10 conf champs making the cut - some of those teams are clearly second-string. Cinci and a few others being the exception, of course.
    my line of thought is if their conference champ isn't good enough for a playoff spot then that conference shouldn't be in the FBS, so either cut G5's to their own thing or include them. Maybe after several years some talent will spread around since players/coaches/staff know they could win there and get in. Of course, the nuclear option would be for the NCAA to step in and rebalance the conferences along with moving to such a system.

This Rose bowl is insane.. good games today!

edit: oof that does not look for their QB laying there like that..... oh man
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2022-01-02 at 01:24 AM.

SEC is 5-5 now lol. Told you to wait!

- - - Updated - - -

There's just no chance of that happening. Zero, zilch, nada. You're asking the major conferences like the SEC to put themselves on equal footing with the little guys.

It's more likely that the top 5 conferences separate themselves entirely. Hell, there might only be 4 soon, the Big 12 is in trouble, and the SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas will be in a class by itself.

If they go with the 12 team proposal, most years there would be 3 SEC teams, maybe 4 on occasion. There are often 4 SEC teams in the top 12 - happened in 2020, 2019, 2018. This year there were three.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2022-01-02 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ermahgerd, a flag on the field, I'd forgotten how nice it is when the refs aren't too involved.
    /s

SEC is 5-5 now lol. Told you to wait!

- - - Updated - - -

There's just no chance of that happening. Zero, zilch, nada. You're asking the major conferences like the SEC to put themselves on equal footing with the little guys.

It's more likely that the top 5 conferences separate themselves entirely. Hell, there might only be 4 soon, the Big 12 is in trouble, and the SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas will be in a class by itself.

If they go with the 12 team proposal, most years there would be 3 SEC teams, maybe 4 on occasion. There are often 4 SEC teams in the top 12 - happened in 2020, 2019, 2018. This year there were three.
    yeah and honestly i'd rather they break away and do their own thing. just makes more sense to me if you don't include them. its all about money and keeping the top schools at the top.. so stupid.

yeah and honestly i'd rather they break away and do their own thing. just makes more sense to me if you don't include them. its all about money and keeping the top schools at the top.. so stupid.
    Schools like Texas and Oklahoma need a lot of at large spots in the CFP because they probably don't expect to be winning the supercharged SEC. Ironically, it's going to be the biggest boys pushing for the expanded field now so that the SEC can get their 4 spots and the Big 10 can get 2.

And it's not stupid - do you really want parity among the 100 something schools across 10 conferences? That sounds awful to me. I want to see some consistency at the top, and the big programs with large fanbases dominating the discussion. I don't know a single Cincinnati football fan.