View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Nowhere does it say in the article that the Versailles office closed will be transferred to the UK. Nowhere does it say that it will create jobs in the UK. Why are you blatantly lying?
    Because it's all he got.

Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Because it's all he got.

Duh.
    Yep, that's pretty much a rhetorical question towards every Dribble's post.

Nowhere does it say in the article that the Versailles office closed will be transferred to the UK. Nowhere does it say that it will create jobs in the UK. Why are you blatantly lying?
    Because without lies and/or hypocrisy, he'd have nothing to post. This is the same poster that hand-waves all the Finance jobs heading to the EU as being unimportant. Yet when he lies about jobs coming to the UK, that's suddenly a great Brexit benefit.

Just like he trumpets saving £350m a week as a massive Brexit benefit, while ignoring that Brexit is costing the Finance industry in the UK £350m a week in losses. Just like he denounces financial analysts that predict Brexit will do damage, while exclaiming how wonderful it is that those same financial analysts are predicting something good about Brexit.

And just like he says that a 52-48 "win" in a ballot with no legal standing where Leave were found to have cheated in multiple ways is a mandate to do anything. While a poll saying 51-49 are now in favour of returning to the EU is irrelevant.

He's a hypocrite and a liar, because it's the only way he can post anything that he thinks shows Brexit in a good light. He's either pretending not to see how badly Brexit is going, or he can see it and he's chosen to ignore it in his posts. Either way, his laughable attempts to rewrite reality don't stand up to even cursory examination.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

If, and I agree with you, the status quo has the disadvantage and is a hard sell well Brexit is the status quo. Why are rejoin EU doing so badly? UKIP at their peak came second in 2015 in 120 constituencies, nearly 4 million people voted for them and forced the Brexit referendum.

Rejoin EU can barely muster 100 supporters in any constituency they stand in. Pitiful performance, ask yourself why if Brexit is going so badly.
    How many decades did it take for brexit to even gain traction? It must be a terrible project for it to take so long. “Rejoin” is 1 year in, and all parts of brexit havent even kicked in yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you read the article specifically this?

created a new office in London to transfer some of its IP rights there to benefit from tax rebate

Tax rebates, benefits available thanks to Brexit as companies vote with their wallets and leave the high tax EU for low tax Brexit Britain. You think you can create a London office without creating jobs and tax revenues that used to be paid to the EU?

https://uk.indeed.com/Blizzard-Enter...135c14950846f0

So many imaginary jobs, none require you to speak French from what I can see...
    Last edited by dribbles; 2022-01-02 at 11:51 AM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

created a new office in London to transfer some of its IP rights there to benefit from tax rebate

Tax rebates, benefits available thanks to Brexit as companies vote with their wallets and leave the high tax EU for low tax Brexit Britain. You think you can create a London office without creating jobs and tax revenues that used to be paid to the EU?
    Given how many companies are located in Liechtenstein or the Cayman Islands, you'd think they'd just be covered in tower blocks. But for some reason, they aren't.

Anyway, I googled the closure and found this snippet (emphasis mine):

According to Bloomberg’s sources, Activision Blizzard was even considering a plan of relocating the Versailles staff to London but the COVID-19 pandemic along with Brexit prevented the company from doing so.
    So if it hadn't been for Brexit, hundreds of Blizzard Entertainment employees wouldn't have been made redundant, instead being moved to the UK. Thanks Dribbles.

Bloomberg article being quoted: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-france-office

Actually, some of them do, and I'm sure you can prove the assertion that these jobs are all because of Brexit, and not because King has had a UK office since 2012 and Activision Blizzard UK LTD has been in existence since 1983 and those offices need staffing?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2022-01-02 at 12:28 PM.

So if jobs moving to the UK are a good thing, jobs moving away from the UK must be a bad thing? The most recent article I can find (I didn't look very hard) had 7,600 finance jobs moving away in March last year. I can only imagine that's gone up since then. All because of Brexit. So you must be happy to admit that this is a Brexit downside, since you've decided that jobs moving can be considered to be a good or bad thing.

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/br...-eu-continues/

Or are we going to see more of your trademark hypocrisy on display?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Remember this?

Here we are today;
    Just one EU country signs deal to rescue post-Brexit music tours, despite Boris Johnson’s vow to ‘fix’ crisis

As ever, things with Brexit are going super well, showing just how important we are to the EU
    Brexit; sold to the people that voted for it as saving money (it has cost us 4% of our GDP and is hugely in the red). Sold as sorting out immigration problems, has made them worse by removing our ability to send people back to France. Sold as removing red tape, has created an enormous amount of additional red tape. Sold as making food cheaper, food is getting more expensive by the day (and will get worse now that the import changes have taken effect). Sold as removing unnecessary EU regulations, results in our water companies pumping untreated sewage into our rivers and seas.

Pretty much every thing that Brexit was supposed to make better, it's made worse. And almost everyone has now seen through the Brexit lies. Except for the odd person on forums like this.

So correct me if I’m wrong. Most of those jobs are older than 30 days, it seems as if they’re either not removed or they’re not finding staff for it.

Tried directly on their site

https://careers.blizzard.com/global/...ited%20Kingdom

9 jobs… are you seriously cheering for 9 jobs at this point? GLOBAL BRITAIN turned into a “yay 9 blizzard jobs, go Boris!!1”

It’s pathetic lil’britain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Remember this?

Here we are today;
    Just one EU country signs deal to rescue post-Brexit music tours, despite Boris Johnson’s vow to ‘fix’ crisis

As ever, things with Brexit are going super well, showing just how important we are to the EU
    Aha so the EU are not that united then, I thought they were like musketeers all for one and all that. The UK has given up on negotiating with the EU as a whole and is just going round them one by one doing deals with the singular individual EU component nations that's what this says to me. A benefit only enabled by Brexit.

We may not be important to the EU, but as sure as eggs are eggs they mean nothing to us if we can very easily sidestep Brussels as your Spanish example displays.

All Spain has done with this UK bilateral deal is weaken the EU. Well done them and well done to Boris's Brexit negotiators who pulled it off. Let the music play! (in Spain at least) What are the rest of you eurochums going to do for a boogie next summer?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Aha so the EU are not that united then, I thought they were like musketeers all for one and all that. The UK has given up on negotiating with the EU as a whole and is just going round them one by one doing deals with the singular individual EU component nations that's what this says to me. A benefit only enabled by Brexit.

We may not be important to the EU, but as sure as eggs are eggs they mean nothing to us if we can very easily sidestep Brussels as your Spanish example displays.

All Spain has done with this UK bilateral deal is weaken the EU. Well done them and well done to Boris's Brexit negotiators who pulled it off. Let the music play! (in Spain at least) What are the rest of you eurochums going to do for a boogie next summer?
    EU members are free to decide on their own immigration and work permit rules (especially for 3rd party states which the UK now is). You should already know this, because you've been told it many many times before. What is that, the sound of not needing to have left the EU to get the benefits of doing so? Brexit was such a waste of time.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2022-01-02 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    EU members are free to decide on their own immigration and work permit rules. You should already know this, because you've been told it many many times before. What is that, the sound of not needing to have left the EU to get the benefits of doing so? Brexit was such a waste of time.
    And to clarify further - 19 (or 20?) other member states already allowed visa-free travel for musicians before Spain.

However, since it is different for different countries that means more red tape - visa-free doesn't mean that you can just travel and work freely; it just mean that you don't need visa - but you might need a work permit that has specific rules.

And more importantly: for many countries it's a general rule for lots of other non-EU countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And to clarify further - 19 (or 20?) other member states already allowed visa-free travel for musicians before Spain.

However, since it is different for different countries that means more red tape - visa-free doesn't mean that you can just travel and work freely; it just mean that you don't need visa - but you might need a work permit that has specific rules.

And more importantly: for many countries it's a general rule for lots of other non-EU countries.
    I think the biggest sticking point is probably taxation on the wages earned and revenues/profits gained from performing. Before the UK left the EU, international tax collection was comparatively easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

The article states that

The trade deal saw the UK – as The Independent revealed – reject an EU offer to retain visa- and permit-free tours, breaking a promise made to music organisations last year.
    and

Ministers were then attacked, including by Elton John, for wrongly claiming 21 of the 27 EU countries are offering visa- and work permit-free access, when severe restrictions still exist in almost all of them.
    Far from 19-20 states allowing visa-free travel.

Far from 19-20 states allowing visa-free travel.
    What Elton John is saying is slightly different - specifically that they don't allow visa- and work permit-free access; not specifically that there are visa requirements. There can also be other similar rules for musicians themselves, even if no "work permit"-paper is required.

And then there's problem of transporting the equipment (cabotage and all that).

It seems Spain previously required a visa for traveling uk musicians even for work-stays shorter than 90 days. I don't know if a "work permit" is required after the change - and/or bookings for concerts; as it seems difficult to see what the new rules actually are.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2022-01-02 at 11:13 PM.

The EU does not dictate member countries, the EU is not a country, your ignorance is amazing.

The US provides far more and better musicians and bands currently, and while I’m sure your xenophobia makes it impossible, listening to performers not from the UK and US is a thing.

This isnt even news in EU countries, this havent weakened the EU in any way whatsoever. It simply shows what everyone else but you and your ilk of “it’s the big bad EU boogeymans fault!” Never understood.

And yes, you’re not that important anymore. You’re turning into a more difficult and whining Turkey.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    EU members are free to decide on their own immigration and work permit rules (especially for 3rd party states which the UK now is).
    The hilarious thing is, because of that our net immigration targets haven't changed since Brexit, the only difference its had is that there's now a higher % of non-EU immigrants coming to the UK (as EU applications no longer gets the same preferential treatment).

So in essence the Brexiteers succeeded in lowering the amount of Eastern European immigrants coming in like they intended, but ended up increasing the amount of Africans and Arabs coming in, and the average Brexiteer dislikes/fears them even more than the Eastern Europeans xD

10+ Year Old Account
    if we can very easily sidestep Brussels as your Spanish example displays.
    "very easily" ... So that's why you only made a deal with one of the EU countries by now? If it was so easy, surely you would have a deal with most of them?

Checkmate! ...oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    "very easily" ... So that's why you only made a deal with one of the EU countries by now? If it was so easy, surely you would have a deal with most of them?
    Only dribbles would trumpet a Brexit "success" of them attempting to undo damage specifically caused by Brexit, and failing in 26 out of those 27 attempts. It's also telling that in doing so he's announcing his ignorance of what the EU actually is, and what it does. Another Brexiteer trait.

His posts are getting more and more defensive, though. I think it's starting to seep through how badly it's going, and how alone he's going to be if he carries on supporting it. I'd characterise it as being fractal squirrels; he started by trying to distract us with something big, now his distractions are getting progressively tinier. Blizzard has moved 9 jobs! One country has agreed to give our musicians some of the freedoms they enjoyed before Brexit!

It would be quite sad, if this wasn't entirely his own doing. Nobody is forcing him to ignore reality at this stage.