Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    They should have got the opinions from the people who stopped playing.
    Why would they get opinions from morons?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    WoW is in the most casual state it's ever been in, the vast majority of devs are casuals. How delusional can you be
    So that's why they run boosting groups for each other? Totally casual behavior, I understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Anyone who quits wow is a winner I my book. (/mmo philosophy)
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Candlewick View Post
    Nearly no members post blues seem to be avoiding it and what few posts are there seem to just grovel...

Is this project of yes men doomed to fail?
    Ofc is already dead

1. It was just a PR stun from Blizzard

2. No Anonimous Profile

3. 2021 still forums like a bunch of boomers? wth

Council my ballsack

- - - Updated - - -

Because they already had opinions from sheeps that keep paying

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    -SNIP-
    I have some other interests as well, but I also mention those (and most of the above) in my introduction post so it probably isn't worth repeating here.
    Thank you! That's some really cool info. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    For every 1 non-raider/M+ key driver there's at least 3 Raiders/M+ players.

The council is largely made up of the same people that casual players feared would happen. Once again WoW devs deciding that only a certain type of content is what really drives players into playing the game.

Keep doing what the same thing and don't be confused when next expansion launch within 2 weeks you lost 60% of the new subs you gained.

Literally I can do a mock up of 3 people who would get selected by the council and it's exactly who you'd think got selected:

-----------------------------------------------
    Hi--I'm Percius of Area 52. I am the GM and Raid Leader for team 1 of the guild Destiny's Mauraders. We're currently 10/10 Mythic SoD and we're working on getting our alts all to have CE. My main focuses are raiding, M+, and doing some collections. I wanted to take the time to point out our main concerns are the constant need to find players for raid teams, and to discuss the drop rates of certain items for certain classes. So far I belive 9.1.5 has been the best patch to date, and I'm so very grateful for Blizzard making an amazing game and asking me for feesback
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hello! I'm Allister of Ravenholdt. My focus has become more M+ although I am CE for raiding too with my guild Pelanor Fields. We've been in the WoW community for over 15 years. My concerns are the about the covenants, some PvP concerns, and I'd like to talk about the role damaging healers have in the Mythic Raiding scene. While I consider myself a casual now, as I don't race to finish Mythic ASAP, I still play with friends on a high level, and I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from all of you wonderful players!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Hi! I'm a Ving, a relatively new players, on Durotar. I have not been in WoW for very long now, but my guild and I did manage to get CE. I don't have a streaming channel, but we are around casual players. The concerns I've seen thus far have been around loot drop rates, and the inability to do Legion raids, I'm a mogger, and those are what I'm viewing as issues. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!
    ----------------------------------------------------

These are just made up profiles, but from what I've read it's essentially those 3 people, add a high-end competitive PvP player, and one light Rper and you have the community council. Filled to the brim with Blizzard Yes people.

Even the last guy who claims to be "casual" somehow has CE.

Lol. Blizzard is so scared of casual players because it ruins their "git gud" mentality.
    Casual and doing highend mythic are not mutually exclusive. You can have a casual guild and still raid highend.

I think you are confused.

It took 3 pages for someone to complain about Blizzard wanting to listen to people actually playing the game at every aspect of it, instead of the rando thats gonna answer something stupid to a question.

You guys didnt learn from Covenants, where they listened to the "WE WANT RPG CHOICES" group and we got this retarded ass mess right ? How did that go?

Casual and doing highend mythic are not mutually exclusive. You can have a casual guild and still raid highend.
    This is very true. It's more about time investment than it is about what content you're doing.

Casual mythic raiders can still get CE - only they'll get it towards the end of the tier rather than the beginning of the tier.

"Casual" is a very vague and broad term. There's casual players who get CE, and there's casual players who never go beyond LFR.

I think you are confused.
    They are not confused, they simply cant comprehend it because they dont know how to do it, they cant understand that what they need 200 hours played to do, actually takes 8 hours played because you aint supposed to do some parts when you actually know how to do things in a 17 year old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Ofc is already dead

1. It was just a PR stun from Blizzard

2. No Anonimous Profile

3. 2021 still forums like a bunch of boomers? wth

Council my ballsack

- - - Updated - - -

Because they already had opinions from sheeps that keep paying
    Again why would they listen to those morons. Especially since the game is actually doing fine and still has one of the highedt player engagement out of any game on the planet?

Those people offer nothing but stupidity and void headspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is very true. It's more about time investment than it is about what content you're doing.

Casual mythic raiders can still get CE - only they'll get it towards the end of the tier rather than the beginning of the tier.

"Casual" is a very vague and broad term. There's casual players who get CE, and there's casual players who never go beyond LFR.
    Because its not vague at all, but people use it to whatever fits them.

Casual is a mentality towards things, has nothing to do with what you do, how long you do or anything like that, people just need the excuse, its easier to say "I am a casual" than say "I PLAY 60 HOURS EACH WEEK AND I NEVER DO ANYTHING ACTUALLY WORTHWHILE"

Again why would they listen to those morons. Especially since the game is actually doing fine and still has one of the highedt player engagement out of any game on the planet?

LOL DOING FINE.

I dont see any data regarding that.

"highest player engagemente" [citation needed]

Also the idea that a business should not listen to people that left is demented on a MAGA level, Blizzard literally gave us 3 different survey in the last 18months (guess why) trying to find out the general sentiment of the entire playerbase (active and unsubbed)

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    So that's why they run boosting groups for each other? Totally casual behavior, I understand.
    Where have the devs said they run boosting groups for each other? Because if your talking about mike he isn’t even a dev he’s just a pencil pusher.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

He's just Ion's boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I mean, most people are pretty aware that the council is a sham to begin with. Blizzard, specifically the WoW team in this discussion, has been doing the same thing for years now. The cycle has repeated itself for the last 4 expansions, it's not a coincidence anymore.

1) Alpha/Beta feedback for the most part entirely ignored
    2) Game releases in an incomplete state with several game-breaking bugs, incomplete systems, class balance being a mess, and core features that are sloppily made
    3) Players play the game for a month or two at the beginning of the expansion and quit in droves after post-launch feedback mostly ignored
    4) WoW team makes some kind of statement saying "we're going to listen to you guys"
    5) They implement some kind of non-fix that doesn't solve any issues with specific features and systems giving the illusion of "listening" (such as valor points this expansion)
    6) Takes months for them to "listen" and even then insist on continuing the same failing philosophies (such as heavy time-gating and grinding)
    7) The second players find a way to break out of the arduous and boring chores they force on the playerbase they quickly and heavily nerf it and call it an "exploit"
    8) They make another statement and find some kind of idiotic way to pin the problems with the community perception of the game and "commit" to making a better game (in this case it's the Council)
    9) They implement changes nobody asked for and go "see we're listening"
    10) More players give up trying for the remainder of the expansion, continue quitting in droves, Blizzard acts confused as to why this is the case and makes a final statement saying "we'll do better next time, promise" and completely abandon the current expansion leaving it a sloppy mess for several months that nobody is happy with
    11) Repeat from Step 1
    Pretty much sums it up, repeat every 2 years, 3 if the dev team gets lazy. This is pretty much reflected in the perceived quality drop since WoD. Looking at it like this, I'd say the early quitters got the best deal, and left the rest of the players to keep playing in the mud that is wow's current state. Some players still want wow to go back to some older design elements and try to fix it, but I think that's much to late. The whales are keeping the game alive, as only revenue matters, not the sub count or it's reputation in the gaming industry, and as long as that persists, the game will never change or get any better.

The council is just another shit tier system designed to shut up players, 'no, u don't understand the game, only council members do, and we listen to them' all the while ignoring them too.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There should be people who enjoy leveling, enjoy social, enjoy scripting addons, enjoy the art, enjoy the lore, enjoy playing with a controller / non standard keyboard mouse, streamers, people who just like to watch streams. They could have different sections on a lot of aspects.

But I guess they just want hardcore raiders and pvpers.
    Half of them are RPers, based on the introduction thread.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Was that before they booted a lot of people because of a discord server?

Looking at the intros the vast majority of them are high-end players. Only 1 or 2 casual players.

in what world is going from 12 milion active players to a few thausand ''doing fine''?

maybe financialy its fine,because of the whale farming blizz has been doing in recent years,but for the health of the actual game?hah...its pretty dead

15+ Year Old Account

player engagement =/= quality (perceived or otherwise) of the game. How are people still defending a game that has literally abandoned the idea that each individual player counts, instead of the depth of their pockets. All blizz cares about is you spending as much of your money as possible. WoW has always been a grindy game, but since the past few expansions it really hammered down on players with literal endless grinds, just to keep you chasing the pretty numbers. Gearing in every aspect exploded entirely out of control by the end of BfA. The devs herded the players into a massive Skinner-boxs and STILL players thought this was somehow not destroying the player base.

When will it sink in, that the systematic deconstruction of long term player-to-player engagement and literal endless loot grinds will drag this game down until only the whales are left?
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Was that before they booted a lot of people because of a discord server?
    They booted 1 person.

Shame too as he seemed to be the only one who consistently had feedback about Blizz while the rest are just glorified yes people.

It's the worst when someone has an opinion I'm sympathetic towards but has very reprehensible attitudes toward so many.