Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't know why you act like 17 year old crafting recipes are relevant or a good piece or evidence to your point here. A new player nowadays would probably never see them or care, but crafting, for the most part isn't really taken seriously by Blizzard.

Game is soon over anyways.. devs are raping each other and so called council is useless pile of shit.

Thats why we have Chromie time, just level through the last released expansion and pretend the rest is removed, see fixed for you.

Purge the Xenos and heretics!

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The game may be daunting to new players; you start a profession and you notice it has recipes from a year people that were born in can now vote; it has zones and instances that serve no purpose other than one-shot-farming and messy timewalking; it has working content like certain battlegrounds that most people hate.

I wonder if it's time to delete some of that and reset the game to a game with no expansions called 'Warcraft'-plain or/and make "timewalking" an actually neverending feature with stable balance a guild can do forever (or at least do it for a feat of strength only if new content should take priority).
    Theres no reason for such a reset, nor is it need for a so called "wow 2". They just need to make sure new players are pathed into relevant content from the very beginning and have all other(old) content be optional.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is nuts, sorry, but it is.

Most of that old content was of far superior quality to the current, first of all.

But, most importantly, what we need is a roll back.

The modern leveling system has failed. Go to Azeroth in retail. Fly around and good luck finding a single player leveling. You will find that most people are in WoD leveling, in MoP and/or TBC.

They have delivered the killing blow to make the whole world irrelevant and the solution is not to delete it... but to actually make it all relevant again.

Professions: People should have to do the whole grind like it used to be. It was fun and worth it. Now a days, professions are useless and given away for no effort.

I don´t even know why I try to say anything anymore, clearly, the game needs a purge... yes... a purge of all teh modern systems and side content. The game was perfect all the way up until Cata. Then after after MoP ended, it all went to straight shit. For no reason whatsoever and even with the players asking for them to keep wow simple..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Morhaime! As your final paying subscriber, I ORDER YOU to purge this game!
    I wish I could upvote both you and McNeil; thanks for the belly laugh this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Sure, if I can get all my subscription money through TBC refunded. That's over $2000.
    This. I have spent hours farming rare recipes with multiple characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That is nuts, sorry, but it is.

Most of that old content was of far superior quality to the current, first of all.

But, most importantly, what we need is a roll back.

The modern leveling system has failed. Go to Azeroth in retail. Fly around and good luck finding a single player leveling. You will find that most people are in WoD leveling, in MoP and/or TBC.

They have delivered the killing blow to make the whole world irrelevant and the solution is not to delete it... but to actually make it all relevant again.

Professions: People should have to do the whole grind like it used to be. It was fun and worth it. Now a days, professions are useless and given away for no effort.

I don´t even know why I try to say anything anymore, clearly, the game needs a purge... yes... a purge of all teh modern systems and side content. The game was perfect all the way up until Cata. Then after after MoP ended, it all went to straight shit. For no reason whatsoever and even with the players asking for them to keep wow simple..
    The world is irrelevant because of dungeons, raids and pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Theres no reason for such a reset, nor is it need for a so called "wow 2". They just need to make sure new players are pathed into relevant content from the very beginning and have all other(old) content be optional.
    You mean Chromie time?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean Chromie time?
    Yes, like chromie time. They should probably make it even more streamlined so new players dont risk starting on outdated and worthless content. Right now new players might end up doing very old xpacs without even realising.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    competitive MMO's.

These two words are probably the most disgusting phrase in the English language when paired with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The game was perfect all the way up until Cata.
    if there just was some way to play the old game you liked without fucking up the current game for people who like that... some sort of re-release of the old game...

and i know its strange notion that people like current game bcs you dont but... yes people do like current game, you dont, go play classic or other game, simple as that, no need to fuck up game we enjoy simply bcs YOU dont...

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Purge should be a 24 hour perma-buff that makes everyone and everything, players and NPCs, hostile towards each other.
    That means you go to the bank and the banker murders you with a bag of gold coins.
    You are free to kill anyone and anything without consequence; no lost rep, no hard feelings, just purging.
    If you log out, the timer freezes, so you will HAVE to endure 24 hours of the purge.

That would be a better idea than the one the OP suggests.

Yea man, what a great idea.

Let's continue removing content (that some people might actually enjoy) from the game, that's what it needs, LESS content!

May the purge begin.

/s

Yes, like chromie time. They should probably make it even more streamlined so new players dont risk starting on outdated and worthless content. Right now new players might end up doing very old xpacs without even realising.
    Aren't new players put through BfA and then SL without being able to activate Chromie time?
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-01-04 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purge no no no not that way. It could be wraped into the box called caverns of time or made old content to matter.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ve seen lots of new players get old class quests which require them to do dungeons outside of BfA and they obviously can’t queue for them so they go there manually. They should not have the option to get them at that stage

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Sure, if I can get all my subscription money through TBC refunded. That's over $2000.
    Now obviosuly i don't support op in his purge ideas. But the sub fee you paid, you paid the fee that specific month to play the game that specific month. Which you did. You already got your moneys worth for the month you paid for. Why on earth should you now be refunded that money? You can't go to a restaurant, say you wont pay for the meal as its something wrong with it, and also expect to eat it. And if you are eating it, you are paying for it. Which you did with those $2000+. You paid the money and played the game. They owe you nothing regardless of what they do with the game

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The 17 years of content and transmogs is one of WoW's greatest assets. "Purging" one of WoW's last strengths would be a no no.
    If anything, they should reward players who want to experience it while making it optional.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    But there's no line between relevant and mandatory to way too many players. Remember titanforging and infinite progression on artifacts? People felt like because you COULD do them you HAD to or you were somehow falling behind everyone else who you believed felt the same way you did and you didn't want to be the ONLY guy falling behind everyone else.
    Have old world "timewalking" gear be upgradable with valor to the same ilvl as they are in the current patch. Problem solved. Relevant without being mandatory.