Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Manchester United were shocking last night against Wolves. it was more or less pure horror show from start to finish and so far I have no idea whatsoever what Rangnick wants whit this team.

Im surprised MUFC still look so disorganiced and all over the place. Theres nothing. Just a bunch of players running around doing whatever.

This is not looking good at all.

Rangnick will need time, but it's also worth remembering that he isn't exactly some serial winner. His last trophy was the German Cup in 2011.

So it's going to be another case of getting these players on side. If they think they're bigger than him, then that's that.

It was never gonna be 100% smooth sailing under a new manager no matter what.

I feel a bit like a fool because I used to think that even though Ole wasn't great, at least he would leave a good team behind for someone better to do the job. Looking at the team now it's almost hard to grasp what a bad state the team has been left in. Ole had 3 years at the wheel and I don't know if we have a single midfielder to build on. Unless there's a manager out there who can make a 5-0-5 system work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It was never gonna be 100% smooth sailing under a new manager no matter what.

I feel a bit like a fool because I used to think that even though Ole wasn't great, at least he would leave a good team behind for someone better to do the job. Looking at the team now it's almost hard to grasp what a bad state the team has been left in. Ole had 3 years at the wheel and I don't know if we have a single midfielder to build on. Unless there's a manager out there who can make a 5-0-5 system work.
    Im sorry, but look at the players in the team now. Varane, Ronaldo, Sancho, AWB, Beek, Cavani, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw, Greenwood and a couple of others are good players. its not like these players are championship material. OGS brought in quality players. Its something different now, it feels hollow and shite. I mean - are we at the point of thinking about getting rid of Sancho or FErnandes?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Im sorry, but look at the players in the team now. Varane, Ronaldo, Sancho, AWB, Beek, Cavani, Fernandes, Greenwood, Rashford, Shaw, Greenwood and a couple of others are good players. its not like these players are championship material. OGS brought in quality players. Its something different now, it feels hollow and shite. I mean - are we at the point of thinking about getting rid of Sancho or FErnandes?
    The problem is we have a lot of great players but we don't have a great first 11 that gels. Yeah if you look at our options for a front 2 or a front 3, it looks crazy to have Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and Martial (alright I'm sure he's on his way out). But then you look at our midfield and it has Fred, Mctominay and Matic. Realistically I think we'd be better off getting rid of 2 of our striker options to get 2 real CM options who are good enough to start.

The problem is we have a lot of great players but we don't have a great first 11 that gels. Yeah if you look at our options for a front 2 or a front 3, it looks crazy to have Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and Martial (alright I'm sure he's on his way out). But then you look at our midfield and it has Fred, Mctominay and Matic. Realistically I think we'd be better off getting rid of 2 of our striker options to get 2 real CM options who are good enough to start.
    To be honest, the biggest flaw of the tenure of OGS was that he never relied on using one player as CM. Fred, Mctom or Matic. That would free up space for one more attack oriented player. Instead theres been two defensive minded players playing way to much.

Couple that with no real system/tactics on how they want to play, it gets tedious and boring. Theres no plan to it. Ragnick does the same mistake. Two CM out on the field, contributes little offensive. 433 with Fernandes & Beek/Pogba in midfield with matic/Mctom/fred as CM. ATtack Greenwood - Ronaldo - Sancho. Mix in Rash & Cavani when needed, rotate players.

To be honest, this team needs a easy setup to play within. It doesnt need to be complicated or bigbrain tactics.

It is very nice to watch the English league, c every year I see that the clubs are more and more difficult to compete and you do not know who raises the cup.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, the biggest flaw of the tenure of OGS was that he never relied on using one player as CM. Fred, Mctom or Matic. That would free up space for one more attack oriented player. Instead theres been two defensive minded players playing way to much.

Couple that with no real system/tactics on how they want to play, it gets tedious and boring. Theres no plan to it. Ragnick does the same mistake. Two CM out on the field, contributes little offensive. 433 with Fernandes & Beek/Pogba in midfield with matic/Mctom/fred as CM. ATtack Greenwood - Ronaldo - Sancho. Mix in Rash & Cavani when needed, rotate players.

To be honest, this team needs a easy setup to play within. It doesnt need to be complicated or bigbrain tactics.
    Ole tried a lot to go with one holding midfielder, including in the Europa League final. It didn't work, not because Ole didn't do it, it didn't work because they players couldn't play in that shape. The win rate difference between 2 holding and 1 holding was something like 60% compared to 40%. He played it because it worked with 2; he got sacked because people, including the players, don't like it.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2022-01-04 at 01:34 PM.

I think in order to do that you need a really good DM who just does the work of 2 midfielders. You look at City with Rodri or Liverpool with Fabinho, heck even Kante at Chelsea even though they don't play a midfield-3. I think it's also vital for that type of system that the other 2 midfielders do at least some defensive work. You look at City and players like Bernardo Silva or Gündogan definitely puts in a defensive shift as well, I'm slightly skeptical how we should best use Bruno because at times he doesn't seem interested in doing anything defensive at all. He's been brilliant for us going forward but I think the fact we've played 2 holding midfielders is the result of 1. we don't have a good enough DM, 2. Bruno doesn't do much defensive so we need that second holding midfielder to compensate

I think the summer transfer window really screamed out for a Rice-type signing but instead we signed Ronaldo.. I mean why?

I think in order to do that you need a really good DM who just does the work of 2 midfielders. You look at City with Rodri or Liverpool with Fabinho, heck even Kante at Chelsea even though they don't play a midfield-3. I think it's also vital for that type of system that the other 2 midfielders do at least some defensive work. You look at City and players like Bernardo Silva or Gündogan definitely puts in a defensive shift as well, I'm slightly skeptical how we should best use Bruno because at times he doesn't seem interested in doing anything defensive at all. He's been brilliant for us going forward but I think the fact we've played 2 holding midfielders is the result of 1. we don't have a good enough DM, 2. Bruno doesn't do much defensive so we need that second holding midfielder to compensate

I think the summer transfer window really screamed out for a Rice-type signing but instead we signed Ronaldo.. I mean why?
    A player like Silva is not a defensive oriented player, but he does the job the manager and team require of him. Same with any other City player to be honest, can toss in LFCs players to. Its 100% commitment across the board. Everyone do theyre job.

In MUFC? Not really. Its being moaned about tactics, high pressure and so on. At this point this is not about skill or ability to put in 100% work, its more about commitment, belief and the will to do so. A player in 2022, no matter the position can nor should be a lazy ass player. Fernandes should be convinced to do the work, if not toss him. Same goes with any other.

MUFC is in shambles all over the place. If the team gets rock solid defensivly+everyone committs, the goals will come. Just buying players as a solution wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by jeksonpip View Post
    It is very nice to watch the English league, c every year I see that the clubs are more and more difficult to compete and you do not know who raises the cup.
    Yeah it's really exciting to watch Man City win it regularly. The power of money is such a joy to behold, right? /s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Ole tried a lot to go with one holding midfielder, including in the Europa League final. It didn't work, not because Ole didn't do it, it didn't work because they players couldn't play in that shape. The win rate difference between 2 holding and 1 holding was something like 60% compared to 40%. He played it because it worked with 2; he got sacked because people, including the players, don't like it.
    He tried while not utilizing every player. He thought we are living in 1999 and its enough with 1 defensiv midfielder and have the rest in attack. Its not like that anymore. Its a dynamic, fast paced game were pretty much every player gotta commit. If not, theres not one player that can solve the issues at MUFC. Everyone gotta be on board with it. Look at City & LFC - yes they have DMs, but every player on the field does the required work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Yeah it's really exciting to watch Man City win it regularly. The power of money is such a joy to behold, right? /s.
    tbh PL belongs to City now and maybe the odd CHelsea win. LFC had several good runs but im skeptical for the future cause soon enough they gotta reinvest in the squad, easier said then done. They cant just splash they cash nilly willy on whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by jeksonpip View Post
    Ha. Man City will dominate for the next 5 - 10 years.
    Not even Guardiola leaving would derail them.

Pep has turned the Premier League into the Bundesliga in 5 seasons.

I think Pep leaving City will make them worse though. But the difference is they can afford an off year to let a new manager settle in and probably still make the top4 comfortably and then that new manager invests in a few players he wants and they can win again.

Chelsea will probably realistically be the team to challenge them the most and maybe win a league every third year or so because they still spend and they have been pretty consistent over the last 15 years. Liverpool face the times of replacing most of their team in the next few years (at least players who have carried them like Salah/Mane/Henderson/VVD etc) and they're not as big spenders so they gotta be more clever. Man Utd do spend a lot but the structure hasn't been there to make anything out of it so it's just like trying to swim against the stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Pep leaving City will make them worse though. But the difference is they can afford an off year to let a new manager settle in and probably still make the top4 comfortably and then that new manager invests in a few players he wants and they can win again.

Chelsea will probably realistically be the team to challenge them the most and maybe win a league every third year or so because they still spend and they have been pretty consistent over the last 15 years. Liverpool face the times of replacing most of their team in the next few years (at least players who have carried them like Salah/Mane/Henderson/VVD etc) and they're not as big spenders so they gotta be more clever. Man Utd do spend a lot but the structure hasn't been there to make anything out of it so it's just like trying to swim against the stream.
    City don't just have Pep, they have a whole committee on where they're going and how. They've been working on that for the past decade, Pep was the final piece of the puzzle; I don't think them losing Pep would hurt them much at all. Nothing like in the same way Liverpool losing Klopp would hurt them.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2022-01-04 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    Ha. Man City will dominate for the next 5 - 10 years.
    Not even Guardiola leaving would derail them.

Pep has turned the Premier League into the Bundesliga in 5 seasons.
    its not pep tbh. Its cash money. More successful clubs get more of a share of the money, then they get insane teams (quality and depth or superteams like psg) which become noncompetitive, then they are more successful and get more of the money..its a vicious cycle.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Harvard did a study on like 10000 club/manager relationships and it was quite surprising. Basically the manager did very little for the clubs position and more or less keep them at the same level. A good manager can have a positive effect and a bad manager can have a negative effect but in terms of just the macro level they don't actually move the team up or down much at all
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

That Lukaku apology video.

Fucking hell. How on earth do you put yourself in that situation.
    Cringe as fuck

No problems will be properly solved at Man Utd unless the board/owners decide to make it crystal clear to everyone (mainly the players and their agents) that the one and only boss is the manager, period. Once that happens, we will see an improvement with a good manager (whoever that might be, Rangnick or his successor), even though it most definitely makes things much worse if the manager is useless like Ole. I mean let's put it in perspective, SAF was able to control the dressing room for all those years with all these massive egos because the board backed him above everyone else 100% of the time. Every time he wanted someone out for whatever reason, that player was kicked out of the club so fast that they wouldn't even realise what happened to them. Compare this with the post-SAF situation where half the squad thinks the sun shines out of their arse, the owners/board block player sales because they like them/too many people follow them on Instagram etc.

Also, all the above is true for the teams doing well, ie City, Liverpool and Chelsea, with potentially Spurs and Arsenal following in those footsteps, while the biggest joke in Europe in that respect (PSG) is going nowhere fast. Perhaps that has awaken the imbeciles we have running the club to realise that they should stop trying to play real-life football manager and support the actual manager in running the club as that person sees fit.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    No problems will be properly solved at Man Utd unless the board/owners decide to make it crystal clear to everyone (mainly the players and their agents) that the one and only boss is the manager, period. Once that happens, we will see an improvement with a good manager (whoever that might be, Rangnick or his successor), even though it most definitely makes things much worse if the manager is useless like Ole. I mean let's put it in perspective, SAF was able to control the dressing room for all those years with all these massive egos because the board backed him above everyone else 100% of the time. Every time he wanted someone out for whatever reason, that player was kicked out of the club so fast that they wouldn't even realise what happened to them. Compare this with the post-SAF situation where half the squad thinks the sun shines out of their arse, the owners/board block player sales because they like them/too many people follow them on Instagram etc.

Also, all the above is true for the teams doing well, ie City, Liverpool and Chelsea, with potentially Spurs and Arsenal following in those footsteps, while the biggest joke in Europe in that respect (PSG) is going nowhere fast. Perhaps that has awaken the imbeciles we have running the club to realise that they should stop trying to play real-life football manager and support the actual manager in running the club as that person sees fit.
    Its not a problem limited to man utd.

Players are assets that are worth so much now that the players know they can just wait out managers because their contracts are gonna outlast the manager who is always 3 losses in a row away from being fired.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.