Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic+ Tormented Hero Details

Mythic+ Tormented Hero Details
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve seen some questions about the Tormented Hero title that was added to Season 2, and we’d like to answer those questions here.

This new title will go to the top 0.1% of player-characters in each faction, ranked by Mythic+ Rating at the end of the season.

• This was designed to be like the prestigious rank offered in PvP where the top 0.1% of 3v3 Arena players across each region earn a unique title each season (“Unchained Gladiator” for the current season).

Season 2 will end with the maintenance period that includes the Eternity’s End patch. At that time*, the leaderboards will be locked, and a one-week postseason will begin. After we’ve verified the results and removed any players found to have cheated, the top 0.1% of each faction by Rating will receive the Tormented Hero title.

Because each region has different numbers of Mythic+ participants in each faction, the ranking required for the top 0.1% is expected to be significantly different between the factions. To make the faction rankings as fair as possible, we’re setting a faction transfer cutoff date. Any player-character that faction changes on or after January 18, 2022 will be ineligible for the Tormented Hero title, regardless of their Mythic+ rating.

We’ve also received inquiries about the current rankings. We will provide more detailed rating cutoff updates as we get closer to the end of the Season, and the Raider.io Mythic+ tracker here can be used as a guideline until then.

*Please note that we have not yet announced the Eternity’s End release date.

so they are really publishing the cutoff ratings so you can get ready to move to alliance on january 17th and ready to move back on raid release.

is the sarcastic viewpoint here...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    so they are really publishing the cutoff ratings so you can get ready to move to alliance on january 17th and ready to move back on raid release.

is the sarcastic viewpoint here...
    We don't even know when S3 is coming yet so if you do this you'd potentially be stuck on Alliance for quite awhile. I can definitely see a few degenerates doing this but we're talking dozens at most, hardly something Blizzard is going to make bank on.

not having the cutoff date in the past defeats the purpose of doing that rating thing for each faction independently

Honestly just adding bullshit for the 1% is such a fucking waste of resources

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    its just a title lol

Why? PvP has this since forever, raids since Uldir. It's about time m+ gets a title too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why? PvP has this since forever, raids since Uldir. It's about time m+ gets a title too.
    Lol I’m sure everyone who is going to get the title is already known by anyone that would care about the title

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Imagine getting angry that top mythic players are getting a title for their dedication, got nothing better to moan about? I'm sure typing out a title and using existing data to hand them out took them a long time to do.... /s

What waste? It's a title and achievement, i can guarantee one of their intern does that in 2 hours tops, alone.
    You take an existing code snippet for both titles and achievements, add an icon and done...
    Doubt it would even take 30 minutes....

Top glads have gotten titles since BC and nobody complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    its just a title lol
    I agree it's a title who cares. Not like people have 50 to choose from. Reinforces the fact people bitch about anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Top glads have gotten titles since BC and nobody complained.
    TBC? you mean vanilla (Grand marshal and... whatever it was warlord, worked rather similiar)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Fitting title for someone having to play Shitterlands Sneedo+ for 12 hours a day

What resources? Copy paste script from Arenas but use rating value from M+? It's a fucking title, not an exclusive raid

atormented hero,another stupid thing unusefull.i wonder what kin of people work in blizzard...only god knows it....every day,more stupid things....

They should reward the best 0.1% of each spec and not only the meta slaves. Feral is so bad in M+ that they don't even win the Razzie Award.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    What waste? It's a title and achievement, i can guarantee one of their intern does that in 2 hours tops, alone.
    You take an existing code snippet for both titles and achievements, add an icon and done...
    Doubt it would even take 30 minutes....
    Don’t think it’s just a 30 minutes work but I agree it’s not THAT time consuming work that steal resources from other more important stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will force more meta crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    This will force more meta crap.
    I kinda agree. I you look at raider.io, current cutoff rating for EU is over 2.8k. Even a top prot warrior on my realm is not reaching that rating. I think it would be way more fair to have cutoffs by class instead of flat out rating. That would allow people to play what they want while still rewarding them for playing what they want well.