Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Time dumping mechanics

Whats going on with the devs creating something like the cypher of the first ones in patch 9.2? why?, who is giving orders of "hey we need to forcefully desing something ingame to players waste the most amount of time possible so they can stay log in more time and help us in our metrics for the shareholders".

Why do we have to wait 6 DAYS to research a trait? im very impressed by how deep the head of the lead design of this system is way inside his own ass, seems like the goal is not to make the game somehow fun and interesting, is like they need to create useless methods of forcing the player to invest time on wow, no matter if its fun or not, how desperate are you guys for money blizzard? can this dev team go back to the times where you would enjoy any experience in the game that is fun? where is the fun on waiting 6 DAYS for a talent?.

"Oh but is not like mandatory" sure ill gladly wait like 2 months to fly in the zone cuz im not one of those 20h a day players who wants to raid M the first week of it.

Easy way to go about doing this is just don’t. Unsubscribe and don’t give them anything till they have a game worth your time. You do not have to play Warcraft.

God forbid a game tries to keep you active and doesn't just hand you everything upon login.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZhan View Post
    Whats going on with the devs creating something like the cypher of the first ones in patch 9.2? why?, who is giving orders of "hey we need to forcefully desing something ingame to players waste the most amount of time possible so they can stay log in more time and help us in our metrics for the shareholders".

Why do we have to wait 6 DAYS to research a trait? im very impressed by how deep the head of the lead design of this system is way inside his own ass, seems like the goal is not to make the game somehow fun and interesting, is like they need to create useless methods of forcing the player to invest time on wow, no matter if its fun or not, how desperate are you guys for money blizzard? can this dev team go back to the times where you would enjoy any experience in the game that is fun? where is the fun on waiting 6 DAYS for a talent?.

"Oh but is not like mandatory" sure ill gladly wait like 2 months to fly in the zone cuz im not one of those 20h a day players who wants to raid M the first week of it.
    It's about "We make systems for players, who play anyway" logic. And it's also about "If you need rewards to motivate yourself playing this content - then you don't like it in a first place, so shouldn't do it". I.e. Blizzard don't make more content to satisfy more players. They satisfy players, who are already satisfied. So, simple thing. If you don't like current core outdoor gameplay, i.e. WQ grind, daily grind and camping rares/treasures - then just don't do this content. If there is no other content for you in this game - just unsub.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    God forbid a game tries to keep you active and doesn't just hand you everything upon login.
    God forbid a game keep you busy by giving something fun to do rather than time gate bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Easy way to go about doing this is just don’t. Unsubscribe and don’t give them anything till they have a game worth your time. You do not have to play Warcraft.
    I mean...yeah that's the easy way but then how would I do the other top activity in Warcraft.... bitching about Warcraft

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    as you said, it's not mandatory. you don't have to do it. if you want to do it, then do it. if you don't, for whatever reason, then don't

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean...yeah that's the easy way but then how would I do the other top activity in Warcraft.... bitching about Warcraft
    well you can bitch about Warcraft and not play it at the same time lol

15+ Year Old Account
    This is old news. The transition was incremental but it's been very clear for several expansions now.
    Fun is no longer a goal, instead they try to build addictive timegated systems. I find these incredibly repulsing and anything but addictive, but apparently it works quite well for many people.

I guess it's a management takeover. They defined KPIs that need to grow at all costs. Since fun is subjective and cannot be properly measured, they created KPIs like MAU which are wrong KPIs and steer the product off the rails while the KPIs keep saying "it's all fine". Good companies should notice a wrong KPI and fix their mistake but these guys are not good anymore.
    Last edited by Zka; 2022-01-05 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just unsubscribe. To friends and I the game stopped respecting our time and intelligence so we just moved on to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This is old news. The transition was incremental but it's been very clear for several expansions now.
    Fun is no longer a goal, instead they try to build addictive timegated systems. I find these incredibly repulsing and anything but addictive, but apparently it works quite well for many people.

I guess it's a management takeover. They defined KPIs that need to grow at all costs. Since fun is subjective and cannot be properly measured, they created KPIs like MAU which are wrong KPIs and steer the product off the rails while the KPIs keep saying "it's all fine". Good companies should notice a wrong KPI and fix their mistake but these guys are not good anymore.
    AQ was timegated. ICC was timegated. Timegating has been in WoW since the beginning, "old news" indeed and there's no "transition" you speak of. And those were part of the player progression systems. Zereth Mortis has none of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    AQ was timegated. ICC was timegated. Timegating has been in WoW since the beginning
    If you can't differentiate a raid wing opening delay (which isn't very good either) from something like renown or AP grind, you are not worth talking to or being read.

God forbid a game keep you busy by giving something fun to do rather than time gate bs.
    God did forbid your suggestion, Thus why games are like this nowdays

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be a cd of 24 hours on Lay on Hands on an old game, can´t remember what it was.

Sure, now a days that does not work.. but having a few days on a cd for a non spell issue is perfectly reasonable. For example, crafts.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't differentiate a raid wing opening delay (which isn't very good either) from something like renown or AP grind, you are not worth talking to or being read.
    To be fair, ICC was not just delayed, it was genuinely meant to be gated anyway.

So my argument is not valid if I don't adhere to your bullshit and selective logic is what you're saying? ICC with its finite attempts was timegated just like modern systems, period. TBC had a mount farm GATED. You can try and twist the history all you want in order to justify your classic good retail bad cringe, but my point still stands. Vanilla games had less gating but that's because they barely had any end game content to gate. Don't talk about AP grind because the game currently has none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    God did forbid your suggestion, Thus why games are like this nowdays
    Okay enjoy you time gate boring tasks that keep you logged. Why make the game fun, fun isn’t allowed in Warcraft

Okay enjoy you time gate boring tasks that keep you logged. Why make the game fun, fun isn’t allowed in Warcraft
    Not logged into WoW for at least 2 months.

Shadowlands even longer than that.

I’m personally enjoying Blade & Soul a lot more.

When blizzard gets their head out of their arse and add more player power to blizz store, Then i might come back.

But before that happens i’ll enjoy games that has that option.
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2022-01-05 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Not logged into WoW for at least 2 months.

Shadowlands even longer than that.

I’m personally enjoying Blade & Soul a lot more.

When blizzard gets their head out of their arse and add more player power to blizz store, Then i might come back.

But before that happens i’ll enjoy games that has that option.
    What would you want in the store?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    So my argument is not valid if I don't adhere to your bullshit and selective logic is what you're saying? ICC with its finite attempts was timegated just like modern systems, period. TBC had a mount farm GATED. You can try and twist the history all you want in order to justify your classic good retail bad cringe, but my point still stands. Vanilla games had less gating but that's because they barely had any end game content to gate. Don't talk about AP grind because the game currently has none of it.
    also ICC wasn't the only raid that expansion to have limited attempts

What would you want in the store?
    Just ways to by pass the time gates.

Fast pass for the researches. Instant or at least a few days shorter.

Torghast and other currencies (tho not unlimited, But just so you can get some more above the weekly amount)

The RnG loot boxes that usually appear in the 5x Mything dungeon weekly.

Vault slot unlocks.

And such.