Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hope to God Blizzard changes nothing about Wrath raid wing timegating. It'll be a very educational experience.

The shit part about BFA and Legion's grinds was that they were infinite and SL's that they were glacial in 9.0. This BS you can essentially ignore if you don't want to bother and raidlog.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I hope to God Blizzard changes nothing about Wrath raid wing timegating. It'll be a very educational experience.

The shit part about BFA and Legion's grinds was that they were infinite and SL's that they were glacial in 9.0. This BS you can essentially ignore if you don't want to bother and raidlog.
    While true, the content will be so piss easy people won't even notice the limited attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    While true, the content will be so piss easy people won't even notice the limited attempts.
    That'll make the two-to-four week wait between wings even more fulfilling.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

That'll make the two-to-four week wait between wings even more fulfilling.
    I mean, the expansion's main end-game activity was standing in Dalaran anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I don’t find anything in wow right now worth my time, it’s a game of boring tasks.
    humor me, before you left, what did you do in wow for fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZZhan View Post
    "Oh but is not like mandatory" sure ill gladly wait like 2 months to fly in the zone cuz im not one of those 20h a day players who wants to raid M the first week of it.
    so you need flying in the new zone to NOT DO the things in it? if you dislike them so much...
    or is it just you want to do them, but be done with them in a day so you can then start complaining how there is nothing to do?

im not a fan of waiting for upgrade, but if you dont like the zone content you can completely ignore it, and if you do like it, you will go and do it anyway, so how is waiting 6days different than having to do the daily content 6 times, would that be somehow better?
    and if its not different (its not) then how come its problem NOW but wasnt before, in every daily q hub since goddamn burning crusade and quel danas?!
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-05 at 01:04 PM.

Don't worry, if these mechanics don't work they will just add 50 1% mount drops, that will people busy endlessly grinding things that might never drop.
    What a game we play!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind reminder that this a game based on periodic release of expansions, which access to is granted through monthly subscriptions. Remember that if there's something in the game you want, it can be locked behind relatively long waiting periods.

Those are days of your subscription spent on waiting. You've paid to wait.

I can't wait to completely ignore this bullshit and just not get flying in Zereth Mortis. I'm not going to waste time on garbage just to unlock flying to speed up said garbage

Easy way to go about doing this is just don’t. Unsubscribe and don’t give them anything till they have a game worth your time. You do not have to play Warcraft.
    thumbs up

My suggestion to people is to buy the xpac when it goes on sale and not play until the last patch when Blizz adds the QoL that should have been in from the start like they do every xpac.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What you fail to understand is that "fun" is subjective and what you find fun others don't.
    Man, you quoted my comment saying "Since fun is subjective" yet you have the audacity to tell me I fail to understand that fun is subjective? HOLY FUCK that's a new low even for this forum.

Wrath raid
    I look forward to getting a good hearty chuckle when (wrath) Naxx is cleared in the first hour lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    God forbid a game tries to keep you active and doesn't just hand you everything upon login.

There is a difference between giving you long term goals to work towards and time gating.
    One of them is a good mechanic, the other is not. Hint: Time gating is not the good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Man, you quoted my comment saying "Since fun is subjective" yet you have the audacity to tell me I fail to understand that fun is subjective? HOLY FUCK that's a new low even for this forum.
    Yeah you said that, but the rest of the post was you trying to declare what fun was. Anyone can say the words. That doesn't mean you understand them. You clearly still don;t understand what they mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    thumbs up

My suggestion to people is to buy the xpac when it goes on sale and not play until the last patch when Blizz adds the QoL that should have been in from the start like they do every xpac.
    NO they shouldn't be in at the start. You shouldn't be given everything at the start. You should have to play through the game once as intended before being given those changes.

Player entitlement is what is ultimately ruining this game

- - - Updated - - -

IT will be educational when everyone has immediately cleared the raids and the limited attempts don't even come into play. It's not going to work the way you think it will.

3+ Year Old Account
    God forbid a game tries to keep you active and doesn't just hand you everything upon login.
    Meanwhile I have the opinion, that exactly this should be the case. Everything that is related to character power should be handed to us upon login.

They can keep their grindy systems as they are, but it is then only for cosmetics, transmogs, achievements, mounts, pets, titles, rankings, ratings and so on. It would be a shift from the "mandatory" vertical progression to an optional horizontal progression.

I stopped playing the game because with every login it feels like there's a lot of work that needs to be done before the game can be played.

This game does not respect the time of its players. If you don't have time and skill, you fall behind, and the work load in front of you gets more and more. If you have lots of time and skill, the game will stop you right away: daily and weekly lockouts. This system is perverted.

Neither is it good to fall behind nor can you finish everything faster if you have the time.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2022-01-05 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IT will be educational when everyone has immediately cleared the raids and the limited attempts don't even come into play. It's not going to work the way you think it will.
    The limited attempts won't factor in as it'll be faceroll tier, the several weeks wait between wings though will do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There is a difference between giving you long term goals to work towards and time gating.
    One of them is a good mechanic, the other is not. Hint: Time gating is not the good one.
    I'm not suggesting that lazy development is a good thing but time gating content is a big part of keeping people active and allowing people to work towards rewards.

This is - as far as I am aware - about unlocking flying. You've managed so far, so locking it and other rewards isn't a bad design in itself it's just how consistent it is in use.

Games always lock stuff behind some kind of time gate, it's just usually a little more engaging. Look at an expansion as a whole, once you've completed the first tier you're then on a time fated experience until the next tier is released.

The positive side of that is you get to keep doing, gearing and improving your character while waiting which is fine, but this means of improving your character over a period of time isn't? I just don't see the logic other than the laziness here which doesn't seem to be the biggest problem people have.

It's that something is time gated not how it's time gated that people seem to hate.

I wasn’t handed the key to heroic dungeons in TBC Classic, but I also didn’t have to wait an arbitrary 6 days while some timer counted down. I could speed up unlocking the content by running more dungeons to get to revered faster.

That’s the main difference. Instead of giving you a slow and steady option and an option where you can take things into your own hands to progress faster at the cost of it being more repetitive, they only have the slow wait stuff now. And it isn’t even always making you play the game any more than you would for simply logging in and having access day 1. If there’s an arbitrary 6 day research period, you click the start button and then can log out for 6 days doing absolutely nothing. The only difference is that you can’t log in day 1 and be done. You have to stay subbed for at least two months to finish the content because timers said so lol

- - - Updated - - -

It's that something is time gated not how it's time gated that people seem to hate.
    Thats just not true in the slightest. People have only been complaining about this when there were legitimate hard stops on the content. Like MoP where you could only farm some reputation with daily quests meaning there was no alternative way to take matters into your own hands. You had to log in and complete a daily checklist or else you were just one day behind.
    Having a reward that you have to work towards is totally fine as long as you’re actually working towards that reward. But it shouldnt be arbitrarily gated behind a timer. That doesn’t make sense.

Logging into the game so you can click a button and log off for 6 days while a research timer ticks down isn’t engaging in the slightest, but needing to grind a reputation to exalted IS okay as long as your only means of doing so isn’t also arbitrarily time gated like we’ve had since Legion. Can’t just go out and complete dungeons for rep or kill mobs in the open world. You have to complete world quests which are on a strict spawning timer. If you could choose the easy way that requires more real life time to pass but less in game time OR the option to speed up the process by putting in your own time into playing the game, people would not be as upset. It’s the lack of player control that annoys people with time gated content.

I don’t find anything in wow right now worth my time, it’s a game of boring tasks.
    Whenever I feel that way, I go turn on war mode and check out some daily hubs. Just start killing people. Even if your overmatched. DIE DIE DIE. Then the game feels good again.

What's really boring is structured PvP in a box - arenas. Fuck that place. Kill out in the wild.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Active HOW is the issue. Just being active in a game doesn't mean anything. By the time I quit wow, I had over a literal year's worth of gametime. Probably half of that was AFK in iron forge or stormwind, or whatever the main city hub of the day was.

In regards to this specific topic, it's fine to me if they have time sinks to keep no-lyfers busy. Just fucking put in something like contest mode from destiny 2 when it comes to raids so those of us who DON'T want to waste our time picking herbs, collecting bear asses, and murdering swathes of murlocs can participate in our favorite activity and NOT be bothered with anything else.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This feels like bait, but I'll bite.

How exactly is it "handing you everything upon login" if you put in all the work to get the resources and unlock the researches, then click the button to do the research and expect it to be available promptly, instead of an arbitrary amount of time later?