Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Very new and original thread. I guess the others ones fizzled so it was time to make a new one.

I remember when people bitched at Blizzard for capping dailies at 25, then Blizz removed the cap and people bitched at Blizz for "making" them do 100 dailies a day. Like it or not, the idea of this game is to keep you logging in, gating in the various forms accomplishes that.

So apparently the thing is account-bound, judging by MrGM's current stream. You do it once and never have to do it for your alts. That is good.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO they shouldn't be in at the start. You shouldn't be given everything at the start. You should have to play through the game once as intended before being given those changes.

Player entitlement is what is ultimately ruining this game
    That moment when you have "entitlement" for wanting quality of life lol.
    Also you do realize "at the start" doesn't have to mean "instantly the moment you login to the game". Easy example: MoP had flying at the start of the xpac once you got to 60. Experienced the world questing now I have flying ggez

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Phayde View Post
    Very new and original thread. I guess the others ones fizzled so it was time to make a new one.
    Necroing is against the rules so just make a new thread
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Im gonna be honest wow players saying mobile games are pay to win and boring but then having actual wowtokens and mobile game tier wait gates is the funniest shit to me personally. And you are right, its a literal time dump mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Also you do realize "at the start" doesn't have to mean "instantly the moment you login to the game". Easy example: MoP had flying at the start of the xpac once you got to 60. Experienced the world questing now I have flying ggez
    NO, it's entilement to be demanding to be given everything right away. Also, in MOP you already had more than enough gold to buy flying, you you really made no effort to actually earn flying at all. You were basically handed it. Now with the wow token, it is handed to you with no effort.

I much prefer the version of this thread where Blizzard didn't time gate anything yet the OP is still complaining, only this time it's because he completed all of the content by playing the game 36 hours straight and is upset Blizzard isn't doing more to keep him subscribed.

Also, in MOP you already had more than enough gold to buy flying, you you really made no effort to actually earn flying at all. You were basically handed it. Now with the wow token, it is handed to you with no effort.
    Well, my response to that is who cares, but obviously you do, so we'll just agree to have different views
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    God forbid a game tries to keep you active and doesn't just hand you everything upon login.

keep you active LOL!!!!! I honestly don't even need to saying anything. This quote is whats wrong with players' mindsets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    And here we have it: someone actually advocating for the ability to buy an ingame advantage from the store with real $$.

I hazard to suggest that the MMO genre is not for you.
    THIS. holy BASED brother

- - - Updated - - -

NO, it's entilement to be demanding to be given everything right away. Also, in MOP you already had more than enough gold to buy flying, you you really made no effort to actually earn flying at all. You were basically handed it. Now with the wow token, it is handed to you with no effort.
    idiot take.... you realize he used the MoP reference as a metaphor, saying that instead of time gating something like zerith mortis, maybe just make it so the story has to be fully played through first? dont give people a cap on something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by SounDz View Post
    idiot take.... you realize he used the MoP reference as a metaphor, saying that instead of time gating something like zerith mortis, maybe just make it so the story has to be fully played through first? dont give people a cap on something like that...
    But the story isn't done when you ding max. You can try to spin it, but he wanted flying the moment you hit max for gold. With the WOW token and how easy it is to make 20K gold just while leveling, that just doesn't work anymore. In order to make it compare to the gold grind TBC, you would have to set the price at 1 million gold minimum and nobody would want that.

Renown ended up being the best iteration of Pathfinder. You only had 3 things to do most weeks and then two when the campaign finished. You didn't have to rush through it because you already had an idea when it would be unlocked by the time you hit first max and catch up mechanics made it so you could get to max in one week no matter how many weeks you missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Entitlement because you don't want to have to put in any effort to get it. People use QOL to justify entitlement., And no the entire world wasn't experienced when hitting max because you didn't do treasures, didn't do any jumping WQ's as they were intended and other things.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-01-22 at 03:29 PM.

Heyyyy welcome back to the forums been a while buddy

Entitlement
    Are you using the word entitlement correctly?

My Collection

Are you using the word entitlement correctly?
    I am using the word correctly. People here are basically saying the are deserving of having flying for gold at max level and that their way is the way it should be done.

I am using the word correctly. People here are basically saying the are deserving of having flying for gold at max level and that their way is the way it should be done.
    Pretty much. It's honestly the part I dislike about the WoW community right now are people like this. They want to play the Tournament realm and they've invented moronic words for things that have ALWAYS existed in MMO's like "timegating" ... no, it's called a feature you acquire over time. But then when you say that "lol copium" "lol u are the people who ruin this game" ... MMO's have ALWAYS been like this since Ultima Online. Everything takes times, everything takes initiative and when new things come out you have to do everything all over again to get to where you are the norm. Every. Single. MMO.

Just so tired of listening to them and their dumb excuses as to why everything should be given to them with no effort and if you question them on it they act like sanctimonious nimrods about it and blame "us" and blah blah blah copium copium copium...

Like it's a videogame... no one was sitting around playing Pacman back in the day "This is just timegating by only giving me three lives... Fuck Sega!"

Hm, I haven't read everyone's comments so I don't know but simply wanting things isn't entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Pretty much. It's honestly the part I dislike about the WoW community right now are people like this. They want to play the Tournament realm and they've invented moronic words for things that have ALWAYS existed in MMO's like "timegating" ... no, it's called a feature you acquire over time. But then when you say that "lol copium" "lol u are the people who ruin this game" ...
    "copium" targets a person, "timegating" is targeting a system. Attack people and that's the outcome you can expect.

MMO's have ALWAYS been like this since Ultima Online. Everything takes times, everything takes initiative and when new things come out you have to do everything all over again to get to where you are the norm. Every. Single. MMO.
    Everything takes time but how much time should it take?

Just so tired of listening to them
    You could opt to not come onto forums as I can assure you the thing you're tired of will never stop lol.

and their dumb excuses as to why everything should be given to them with no effort
    I don't know if anyone has said they want something with no effort. Having to level to max is effort so your argument is you want more effort.

Like it's a videogame... no one was sitting around playing Pacman back in the day "This is just timegating by only giving me three lives... Fuck Sega!"
    You don't know that.
    My Collection

Hm, I haven't read everyone's comments so I don't know but simply wanting things isn't entitlement.
    Demanding it and stating as point of fact that it should be their way while refusing any sort of compromise is entitlement

Demanding it and stating as point of fact that it should be their way while refusing any sort of compromise is entitlement
    Entitlement as defined is believing you have a right to it. If I said "I pay a monthly sub fee so Blizzard should listen to my demands and add flight how I want" that would be a little entitled lol. Saying "Blizzard should add flying and stop being idiots about it" isn't entitlement, they've expressed no sense of a right to have it. Refusing to compromise also isn't entitlement.
    My Collection

- - - Updated - - -

"copium" targets a person, "timegating" is targeting a system. Attack people and that's the outcome you can expect.

Everything takes time but how much time should it take?

You could opt to not come onto forums as I can assure you the thing you're tired of will never stop lol.

I don't know if anyone has said they want something with no effort. Having to level to max is effort so your argument is you want more effort.

You don't know that.
    copium and timegating are just dumb words, sorry. It's kid language.

Everything takes time and ironically it should take long enough to keep your players playing the game. Logically... almost every MMO operates on monthly subscriptions since they've started. Even Ultima Online is still a paid game so you want to keep people playing your game so you need to ensure that things take time to complete and ultimately to plan out new product which can be done over time. So 15 bucks per month... and you need your players to keep coming back every month because you need said income in order to put out new product. Therein lies what an MMORPG is. If you don't want to take the time to do everything you would be playing an RPG which typically just drops your character into the world and off you go.

As for the opting out, nah, I largely ignore most of what goes on but from time to time there has to be some pushback. If people want to play a tournament realm and are complaining about WoW ... they need to be told they are the problem. WoW isn't a tournament realm and will never be one so if people bitch and moan about that and wanting WoW to change ... sorry but it's not going too.

I gotta disagree with you about the effort part... double lego's... people bitched that it wasn't day 1 of 9.2. No flying... bitch and moan. It's entitlement.

Yes I do... I played Pacman back in the day and no one talked like that. Ever. We have adults playing games and acting like teenagers about said games instead of ... being adults. It's a videogame. Is the game not fun = don't play it, is the game fun = play it, does the game have ups and downs = decide for yourself. The whole "opt out if you don't like seeing this" is boring and cliche. Some people need to be told to shut up from time to time and to either move on, or play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    copium and timegating are just dumb words, sorry. It's kid language.
    You're free to your opinion.

Everything takes time and ironically it should take long enough to keep your players playing the game. Logically... almost every MMO operates on monthly subscriptions since they've started. Even Ultima Online is still a paid game so you want to keep people playing your game so you need to ensure that things take time to complete and ultimately to plan out new product which can be done over time. So 15 bucks per month... and you need your players to keep coming back every month because you need said income in order to put out new product. Therein lies what an MMORPG is. If you don't want to take the time to do everything you would be playing an RPG which typically just drops your character into the world and off you go.
    Sounds like a poor design.

As for the opting out, nah, I largely ignore most of what goes on but from time to time there has to be some pushback. If people want to play a tournament realm and are complaining about WoW ... they need to be told they are the problem. WoW isn't a tournament realm and will never be one so if people bitch and moan about that and wanting WoW to change ... sorry but it's not going too.
    Except for all the times it has.

I gotta disagree with you about the effort part... double lego's... people bitched that it wasn't day 1 of 9.2. No flying... bitch and moan. It's entitlement.
    Are you sure you're using entitlement correctly?

Are people saying that they are inherently deserving of something or that they just want it? The latter isn't entitlement.

Yes I do... I played Pacman back in the day and no one talked like that. Ever.
    So you played with every pacman player in the world?

We have adults playing games and acting like teenagers about said games instead of ... being adults.
    Are you the judge of what is and is not being an adult?

It's a videogame. Is the game not fun = don't play it, is the game fun = play it, does the game have ups and downs = decide for yourself.
    Or provide feedback and request changes

The whole "opt out if you don't like seeing this" is boring and cliche.
    You are free to your opinion on this as well

Some people need to be told to shut up from time to time and to either move on, or play.
    You can say whatever you want to people, not going to stop them from speaking their mind.
    My Collection

"Sounds like a poor design."

Don't play then.

As for the rest of your rhetoric, yes... I am qualified. Been playing MMO's since 1997 and have played over 50+ of them over the years... I know how they work and very well. The rest of it is def. rhetoric though... enjoy babbling on. You're boring now.

here I thought this thread was going to be about some innovate gcd grouping related mechanic... turns out its just another person complaining that time is a finite resource and as you age things seem to be worth less of it.

I completely agree with your thoughts, you are cool!