Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Got all casters to 90, so I can have some backups in case there are hard DPS checks to be met in Savage that SMN makes more difficult, and hooo boy was I unprepared for BLM. I'd only ever dipped my toes into it before and I'm quickly learning that it is a job that greatly benefits from time spent and fight experience. It is super punishing if you mess up. A fun challenge!
    Welcome to the cult club!

It's a job that really rewards practice and mastery. The difference between a good Black Mage and a poor one is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee33 View Post
    What does that DNC change do?
    Do they have any benefit from it being a Weaponskill?
    It triggered the GCD as an ability as well, didn't it?
    It doesn't, as far as I can tell, benefit the Dancer directly. It functioned identical to a weaponskill anyway.

It does however benefit others. It means it can contribute to things like a Monks Brotherhood, Reapers Arcane Circle or another Dancers Espirit etc.

I've gone hard into crafting and gathering this time around. Part of what kept me going was not touching a guide online. I got BiS figured out myself. Found and had every special node time and stats needed rather than check garland tools and got a 30db and 70/80db macro written so i can craft rank 9 master gear in HQ without needing any food or external buffs. Barely mind you but at 350k per chestpiece from savage raiders right now its worth it.

Overall its been a lot more engaging to actually engage with it rather than follow a guide. I just don't want to think about the 4 million gil spent over the last 3 months melding materia and how many materia that actually was across the final of shadowbringers and 6.0 endwalker.

Maybe one day i'll actually finish the last step of the skyteel tool

I'm pretty sure I've seen these crafted sets and the new Tomestones set before.

That's.... kinda sad and low effort.
    Last edited by KrayZee33; 2022-01-04 at 09:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I miss my waifu minfilia ward she was my favorite would be nice if they did a afterlife patch i wanna see her again
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    what a hard day - 13 hours crafting with barely a break - at least i made around 50 millions today and a lot of people are now running around with my name on their gear

"grandmother always said..."

I think Ogul might be my favorite character in endwalker. I hope we get to see more of her. She's a mess.

Indeed really bums me out. While I'm a huge fan of the AF sets usually for PLD the fact that there's literally a hood in the trailer that is on my gear but can't be used tilts me to no end. Does it tilt me more than Aymeric's gear being male only and undeyable? No, but still tilts me. That leaves the only good tanking hood in Bozja, and requires a clear of a piece of dead content that requires a large group to clear. Awesome.

Sidebar, forgot how awful people are at this game. Been experimenting with some of the mods that are out and ended up redoing my entire UI/Keybinds. Not fun.

I'm in here accidently hitting clemency because it's my old atonement keybind, fucking up tanking CDs, dropping combos and still #3 on DPS in some of the normal mode pulls.

I unfortunately don't think I'll be doing savage this tier and that bums me out, but I'm just drained.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Indeed really bums me out. While I'm a huge fan of the AF sets usually for PLD the fact that there's literally a hood in the trailer that is on my gear but can't be used tilts me to no end.
    I've wanted hood up/down as a result of /visor since the /visor was first implemented. White Mage should have had that option since A Realm Reborn, for example.

I made most of my money selling to overpreppers on the night before the patch, though I did sell some gear in the first couple hours before the crashes. Sold a gun for 2.35 million, yay.

Honestly, crafting is much too easy to go hard into the high end stuff anymore. It's nothing special to be a full omnicrafter anymore, and the stat thresholds for crafting the 6.05 gear are very low. I didn't fully pentameld my gear, and didn't overmeld tools at all. Used 8 materia instead of 10's in most places. Still have no issue macroing 100% HQ 580 gear.

Still, I made about 40 million net from the patch. Mostly off materia and materials, but some gear as well. I could keep going, but why bother when the game throws gil at you all the time anyway and you don't need it for much? Why put so much time into market board PvP and spending time on long crafts?

Ugh, said i wouldnt touch a profession ever again and here i am leveling a botanist, damn tank looks so cool t.t

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I miss my waifu minfilia ward she was my favorite would be nice if they did a afterlife patch i wanna see her again
    you can get her as a dog, that something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Overall its been a lot more engaging to actually engage with it rather than follow a guide.
    It's fun. I use teamcraft simulator to come up with my own rotations.

You're gonna love expert crafts for the relic then. You can macro them now, of course but back in the day, they forced manual crafting.
    I have all the skysteel tools. Fancy glow is irresistible.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    you can get her as a dog, that something
    I think you got that part wrong.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Since FF14 closed the sale of their expansion, I have been trying to find the sales numbers. As we would assume it by now would outclass Diablo3 , Cyberpunk and Shadowlands as fastes selling video game. But I cant find anything on google, anyone has maybe the number through the japanese sites translated ? I mean they surely wont hide them

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Since FF14 closed the sale of their expansion, I have been trying to find the sales numbers. As we would assume it by now would outclass Diablo3 , Cyberpunk and Shadowlands as fastes selling video game. But I cant find anything on google, anyone has maybe the number through the japanese sites translated ? I mean they surely wont hide them
    My understanding is they limited the sales because of the strain of the servers, not because its the best selling game of all time or anything. That said, I haven't seen any numbers either.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    You can still buy Endwalker, you just can't buy the starter or complete editions of the game. So they never stopped the sale of Endwalker.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I think you got that part wrong.
    Some people think the mount you get from endwalker msq looks like her.

10+ Year Old Account

The first crafted set is always a reskin. It was the same in Shadowbringers at least. The tomestone set is the set that the Radz-at-han guards wear but we have definitely never been able to equip it or a reskin of it before.

Am I alone in thinking that the current version of Astrologian is the busiest job in the game? Between the oGCDs, constantly switching targets and ground targetting it feels very cluttered right now.

I feel sorry for the people who are trying to play it on a Controller, it must be an absolute nightmare.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watching people play the game in general on a console looks like a nightmare to me regardless lol. To each their own though.

This is the first time I've ever really done PF in regards to savage raids in this game, and the experience is uh well "unique" to say the least. Perhaps my experience is different because I'm oftentimes queuing into half filled statics or nearly full statics just requiring a tank so keep that in mind. I'm not gods gift to raiding in FF14 and most of my issues stem from how people generally communicate in the game, so certain spam at the beginning of a fight took awhile to get use too.

However, people will passively aggressively single out lone players if they fuck up at all, despite the fact that several pulls prior their small group of players messed up as well. I get it to a degree, you aren't going to cast out your own, but it certainly isn't a super positive experience either. I've had it done to me once, and I've seen people reform the groups around other players that messed up a few times as well (despite not being any worse than the "average" player in said particular group. Citing issues of players holding the group 'hostage', or 'I'm not going to name, names, but it's clear that everyone knows who isn't pulling their weight". Which is odd, because I see the logs and the people in some of these statics certainly aren't pulling their weight throughput wise let alone mechanically in the pulls proceeding call outs as well.

It feels weird because it almost feels best to not even admit you messed up. I've seen people reform groups around somebody because they admitted to fucking up (and this happened to me as well), despite previous pulls having others mess up but not saying a single thing. Essentially being quiet and hoping nobody knew that you goofed seems pretty regular from the Savage PF groups I've done and the best option for keeping your spot in the group. It's probably just high stress and people wanting the duty complete so they can easily farm next week, so yeah.

Lastly the Savage PF groups are a real mixed bag. Some of the people are incredibly nice and talkative and offer feedback loosely in a constructive manner. Then there's half the group who are essentially mutes, or worse yet, people who basically talk in emotes only. I've probably done two dozen PF groups clearing the first two fights on Savage this week and I've literally ran into several individuals over all of those who when asked talk in fucking emotes? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I've probably done two dozen PF groups clearing the first two fights on Savage this week and I've literally ran into several individuals over all of those who when asked talk in fucking emotes? WTF?
    Could be console players.