Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Not even "if you want a lot of characters."
    It's tough to even get one character "capped out" as f2p or even mild spender. It could literally be a years long endeavor to get ONE c6 5* character and ONE r5 5* boutique weapon between gathering primos necessary, waiting on banner reruns, hard pittys, etc. Don't even get me started on artifacts (again )
    It's just as tough as getting all characters as mild spender. I missed 6 5*s (including Shenhe, whom I won't be rolling for) so far and my only non-standard character with constellations is C1 Hu Tao. I'd need to have won almost every 50/50 in order to get all characters, but well, I lost all but 1. Sure, I have 3 5* weapons and I got them within like 100 wishes in total, but those 100 wishes would have gotten me another Diluc constellation, so duh. But if I summed all the wishes up, they would probably give more than a single C6/R5 character. So, about a year of light spending and farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what set to use for Yae...

It's definitely not Shimenawa's like the speculation said, but it's probably not either the electro set or the Raiden set either
    Either tf 4 pc, or 2 pc tf/2pc wt. Really depends on how reliably she can proc the reactions.

Her play style revolves around reactions and her totem damage. Her burst is just a "might as well use it when I'm capped on energy". People going crazy over it for some reason. It's not her focus. Her skill is.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats new in this update? heard some characters got censored
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    whats new in this update? heard some characters got censored
    Only on Chinese servers because something something chinese feminists and something something CCP with to much power over every aspect of their citizen's lives. After all, if Chinese boys spend all day looking at waifus, they will probably do worse in school and won't grow up an intellectual threat to the American dogs over seas.

So I just did some janky math and I don't think 4pc tf will be very good anymore. With her passive, your e cd will be ridiculously low already. Even more with c2. Since the e itself does 0 damage there's no benefit of hitting the ability, only the periodic damage afterwards. So it just becomes question of, is 40% damage boost to reaction worth it? Keeping in mind there's no guarantee Yae will trigger the reaction 100% of the time.

WT gives 80 EM which is going to be more than what 4pc tf gives or at best, the same unless you stack EM which you shouldn't do on Yae. In addition WM will also give more skill damage so it seems better. Leaning towards 2pc tf, 2pc wt now.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-01-06 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New code: 9BPCJCQGHAWZ
    Don't sweat the details!!!

New boss hits like a truck, will probaly need Raiden to keep energy high and some claymore to burst the pillars down quick, Eula

Edit: Hu Tao + Baal make quick work of them
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2022-01-06 at 11:47 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

People really can't be bothered to do simple math eh. They see big scaling #s on burst and think Yae is a burst focused character lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Only on Chinese servers because something something chinese feminists and something something CCP with to much power over every aspect of their citizen's lives. After all, if Chinese boys spend all day looking at waifus, they will probably do worse in school and won't grow up an intellectual threat to the American dogs over seas.
    I like we are getting extra skins, but I really hope this wont negatively impact character designs going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    People really can't be bothered to do simple math eh. They see big scaling #s on burst and think Yae is a burst focused character lmao.
    Is that not how it works? I feel like that's how it works. Big scaling means you stack the stat+ appropriate crit d/crit r and you get big numbers. Regardless of what the rest of the kit offers, if the burst has big dmg it has big dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I like we are getting extra skins, but I really hope this wont negatively impact character designs going forward.
    I don't see how it CAN'T impact them. I'm also surprised those are the only characters getting reworked, and I'm incredibly surprised shenhe get released as bootylicious as she is.

Is that not how it works? I feel like that's how it works. Big scaling means you stack the stat+ appropriate crit d/crit r and you get big numbers. Regardless of what the rest of the kit offers, if the burst has big dmg it has big dmg.
    No, because if you put in a tiny bit more effort, you would see her skill contributes far more damage. The reason people don't see that is because they see a tiny 171% scaling. What they don't bother to think about is 171 x3 times the # of procs you'd get depending on how long you fight. In addition, skill has 100% uptime, burst can only be used once in awhile. So in the long run, skill has far more damage.

The only way burst has more value is if you do a 5 second speed clear. Idk the exact # but the point is, only in speed clears her burst is more value.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-01-06 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    The only way burst has more value is if you do a 5 second speed clear. Idk the exact # but the point is, only in speed clears her burst is more value.
    I think the reality is that most characters probably put out more damage with their skills than their burst across time if you keep them sitting on the field, but the question becomes "is that more than rotating bursts."

So, if she is a "keep on the field" kinda main DPS, I could see you being right. However, if she's a burst and swap kinda person because her on-field dps isn't so hot, then she would be a burst focused character if her scaling is actually huge like you say. There are very few characters in the game who like to sit out for long periods of time outside of their burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Seeing how most of female characters would be more at place in a strip club at best, and a cheap whorehouse at worst, rather than wherever they work lorewise, I'd say it can only affect the character/costume design positively...

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Seeing how most of female characters would be more at place in a strip club at best, and a cheap whorehouse at worst, rather than wherever they work lorewise, I'd say it can only affect the character/costume design positively...
    Considering they're all nearly fully clothed and have interesting fancy outfits, I'd say your gripe is more about them having perfect "unrealistic expectations" bodies that they show off with skin-tight clothing? In case you haven't noticed, the current main-stream styling (for basically ALL women, not even just the hot-bodied ones) is crop tops and leggings. I'd say this is just par for the course.

I think the reality is that most characters probably put out more damage with their skills than their burst across time if you keep them sitting on the field, but the question becomes "is that more than rotating bursts."

So, if she is a "keep on the field" kinda main DPS, I could see you being right. However, if she's a burst and swap kinda person because her on-field dps isn't so hot, then she would be a burst focused character if her scaling is actually huge like you say. There are very few characters in the game who like to sit out for long periods of time outside of their burst.
    No not really, not even close lol. Xiangling would never do anywhere near the same amount of damage with gouba. She is lopsided to burst damage. Same with xq. Same with Raiden. Beidou, maybe on st but on aoe her burst far outscales skill. These characters it's very lopsided towards burst damage. On Yae it's more balanced but she's still skill based imo.

I'm not saying Yae's burst sucks, it's good...but people acting like she's 100% burst with comments like "that artifact is not good because it only buffs skill" but then point to 4 pc eosf which only buffs burst so logically it shouldn't be good unless they think she's entirely burst character.

I should add disclaimer to this that this is how I believe she was designed to be played but I would not be surprised if people just use her as a burst support dps and ignoring the totem uptime (only use them to buff burst) because it would net higher damage in certain comps. This would be a massive fail on mihoyo's part.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-01-06 at 10:03 PM.

Considering they're all nearly fully clothed and have interesting fancy outfits, I'd say your gripe is more about them having perfect "unrealistic expectations" bodies that they show off with skin-tight clothing? In case you haven't noticed, the current main-stream styling (for basically ALL women, not even just the hot-bodied ones) is crop tops and leggings. I'd say this is just par for the course.
    Fully clothed? Sure, if you consider a swimsuit and stockings (with optional hat or hairpin) as such, since that's all that half of the characters is wearing. I'd say I know what my gripe is and it's definitely not the body shapes, but whore costumes. I don't think I'm writing this from 1800s, and I'm just not seeing this kind of outfits, or anything close to it, on women.

Fully clothed? Sure, if you consider a swimsuit and stockings
    Yes, I do consider anything but bare skin clothing... A skin-tight morph suit that shows a dude's individually separated nuts and nipples would still be fully clothed in my mind.

I'm just not seeing this kind of outfits, or anything close to it, on women.

Literally 90% of women under.. say... 40? That I see whenever I go to target now-a-days.

Pretty comparable to shenhe's, ganyu's, & mona's outfits in terms of reveal. If you're talking booty shorts, think again! During summer, instead of leggings, it's switched to the peeky-cheeky shorts. If you're talking about other things like "omg, it has lace!" or "zomg so much back exposed!" or the fact that they're extravagant fantasy outfits worn by the most prominent and powerful people in the game... well... look at other fabulous people in society from places like hollywood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you just don't appreciate culture

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do consider anything but bare skin clothing... A skin-tight morph suit that shows a dude's individually separated nuts and nipples would still be fully clothed in my mind.

Literally 90% of women under.. say... 40? That I see whenever I go to target now-a-days.

Pretty comparable to shenhe's, ganyu's, & mona's outfits in terms of reveal. If you're talking booty shorts, think again! During summer, instead of leggings, it's switched to the peeky-cheeky shorts. If you're talking about other things like "omg, it has lace!" or "zomg so much back exposed!" or the fact that they're extravagant fantasy outfits worn by the most prominent and powerful people in the game... well... look at other fabulous people in society from places like hollywood.
    This woman would be by far the most clothed female character in Genshin lmao. Maybe Ayaka and Lumine would compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    This woman would be by far the most clothed female character in Genshin lmao. Maybe Ayaka and Lumine would compete.
    Really? Jean has more covrage. Mona has as much. Ganyu? Oh no, not her back and arms! (like people don't wear tank tops in summer?). Baal? Oh no, not her upper thighs and some cleavage! (like there literally aren't hundreds of examples of this exact amount of reveal except with 100% of the entire leg visible on girls in hot weather). Eula? Oh no! Her upper thighs and her back! Lisa? Oh no! You can see 1/4 of her skin from the side slits in her dress! Same with Ning. Noell says hi. Keqing says hi. Who are we talking about? Beidou? Rosaria? That's like... 2 people... Hardly the pandemic of over-sexualization portrayed by this discussion.

It feels like people have a problem with the fact that they're form, fitted, or stylized to emphasize curves while still being covered, or whatever. That's hardly a stripper outfit. Again, if you need inspiration for flamboyant outfits, look no further than pop-culture people at literally any event.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2022-01-06 at 10:38 PM.