Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are just stating something is false saying something is bad when everything has proven you to be wrong on the matter, the show has been out a few months so comparing viewers of other things that have been out for years is not a good way to validate any point you have. The TV show is better than the books because i will not read them.

The Wheel of Time name is the world, it doesnt need to follow the story, its still the same world and following similar events and ppl, the fandom is just a small fraction of the audience of who has watched the tv series. Rafe has made some good tv series so he is a good writer,.
    This is just utter nonsense. There are more viewers of the tv show because more people watch tv. That’s it. Every one of your proofs is ridiculous and nonsensical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Stopped back in to see how the bickering was going and see that the rhole guy seems to have been replaced by this guy. I guess enough people ignored him he logged on a different account. Sounds like the same person.

Just noting this quote..... the people supporting Rafe of Time A) think CW superhero shows are good and B) that they get good ratings

No wonder it doesn't take much to impress them.
    This guy is worse that Rhorle, it’s like arguing with a baby who thinks he’s a genius.

The Wheel of Time name is the world.
    What the fuck insanity is this?

The Wheel of Time is a very specific thing: It's a work of fiction telling a specific story by the author Robert Jordan. It has specific characters, specific plot developments, specific settings and lore.

Randomly slapping the name on something and calling it "Wheel of Time" the TV series when said TV series makes MASSIVE changes to the characters, lore, settings, and plot and then trying to argue that it is somehow ok to conflate the two is the height of absurdity.

If it isn't closely following the original source, it doesn't deserve to be called "Wheel of Time", and the TV series has straight up butchered the source.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    This is just utter nonsense. There are more viewers of the tv show because more people watch tv. That’s it. Every one of your proofs is ridiculous and nonsensical.
    it also helps that literally any moron can mindlessly binge watch an entire "books" worth of episodes in a weekend while not even needing to pay attention to what's happening on screen. Bit more difficult when you actually have to read the whole 600-800 pages which usually takes somewhat more attention, focus and time.

Its the same story told in a different way, its doesnt have to follow the books way of it happening, the tv series is not a copy of the book, its a good solid tv series.
    Sadly, I agree with you, it's an entertaining enough tv series, though i'm loathe to call it good or solid, but it is good enough

The thing that annoys a lot of people is that the book so much better, and it could have done much better at bringing the book across. this could have been a 10/10 if it followed the book.

then the other thing that annoys people is all the social messaging changes, the switching and serious downplaying of all the male characters, changes that are totally un-necessary but obviously suit an agenda. They swapped a very decent and balanced, and very honest as in realistic portrayal of a bunch of characters to the ideological messaging going about.

The wheel of Time series is an epic fantasy to rival the Lord of the Rings, with intrigue enough to come close to the Game of thrones, but with a lot more charm, and charisma. Yet it's golden quality are it's characters, the way Jordan brings out and builds those characters - you love all of them, you want to follow them on their amazing journey, and it's magical and fantastic for everyone, without changing a thing.

This is mostly cut, and needlessly so , to "focus" on Moiraine, now I've watched the whole thing they have re-written the story, that is a lot worse than the book, but is actually still fairly good by today's standards and levels of production.

But then the standard of or a lot of things has dropped. Oh effects and fancy visuals, music scores are still pretty good in a lot and improving, and actors are still talented, but oh boy, the scripting, , the direction - a lot of entertainment seems to be turning into preaching a message about social politics. This one continues that trend in how it portrays it's characters..but what is on the verge of unforgiveable is how Jordan's work is distorted for this.

It is not how the writer wrote it, and it doesn't do him justice. It's sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The 19 million viewers was spread over the first three episodes. Since loudly proclaiming 1.16 billion minutes watched in the first week for those first three episodes, Amazon have been silent on numbers.
    The numbers didn't come from Amazon though so no one is being silent. The below interview is from 12/22 indicates that they are happy with retention on episodes. The nielson numbers are reported with a month delay so Amazon has had them and their own metrics. The show is still #1 on prime in the US (and likely other countries/markets).

https://tvline.com/2021/12/22/the-wh...eason-2-plans/

Also for 5 episodes, and third week, it has 537 million mins tracked by nielson. So while it isn't as high as the premiere each week it is still a respectable number with only one new episode coming out. https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top-ten/
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-06 at 01:16 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I will admit that observing the ratings slowly trickle down, down, down fills me with schadenfreude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    I will admit that observing the ratings slowly trickle down, down, down fills me with schadenfreude.
    I will enjoy that feeling when I hear of its cancellation in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I will enjoy that feeling when I hear of its cancellation in the coming months.
    We know it was greenlit for a second season before they even pushed the first one out the door, so we will likely get season 2 just because they have probably already sunk money into production on that. The big question is if it lasts beyond that. I predict that as soon as the LoTR series hits screens, amazon will quietly kill WoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    We know it was greenlit for a second season before they even pushed the first one out the door, so we will likely get season 2 just because they have probably already sunk money into production on that. The big question is if it lasts beyond that. I predict that as soon as the LoTR series hits screens, amazon will quietly kill WoT.
    Yea... I heard Rafe & Co. are almost finished with the 2nd season. And it's supposed to start with Moiraine dealing with being stilled.
    You're probably right about the show getting quietly dropped after lotr series. They're going to hit the ground running with that... And Amazon needs to make that a success.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is worse that Rhorle, it’s like arguing with a baby who thinks he’s a genius.
    So exactly like talking with Rhorle are we sure they didn't make an alt since too many people put them on ignore?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So exactly like talking with Rhorle are we sure they didn't make an alt since too many people put them on ignore?
    They both joined over 10 years ago, seems rather unprobable tbh

I can honestly say Rafe gave me something I am taking a liking to; the word "bookcloak."
    If in his perspective this makes me a "close-minded purist" then I'll wear "bookcloak" as a title to be proud of.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the tv series had a very coherent narrative and someone who has no knowledge of the books can follow it just fine.
    I've never read the books and the story felt like falling out of a window face first - I just hit plot point after plot point with increasing speed and decreasing clarity. I wouldn't say it was at all coherent, with straight up cinematic retcons to Rand three quarters through.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly say Rafe gave me something I am taking a liking to; the word "bookcloak."
    If in his perspective this makes me a "close-minded purist" then I'll wear "bookcloak" as a title to be proud of.
    Wouldn’t this be a bad title to take given that in the end the white clocks came around and starting binding with the sisters?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    It is NOT the same story because those things you claim to be minor adaptations are all but minor. For fuck sake, Rafe even based the ending of his first season on the actual last battle in the LAST BOOK. That alone is a massive change and it isn't even the biggest one
    It is the same story, the main things play out in a similar way its just the route is different.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You are the one talking nonsense stating that the show is bad, its just plain BS because you are a fan of the books and any deviation to them is bad no matter what to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    What the fuck insanity is this?

The Wheel of Time is a very specific thing: It's a work of fiction telling a specific story by the author Robert Jordan. It has specific characters, specific plot developments, specific settings and lore.

Randomly slapping the name on something and calling it "Wheel of Time" the TV series when said TV series makes MASSIVE changes to the characters, lore, settings, and plot and then trying to argue that it is somehow ok to conflate the two is the height of absurdity.

If it isn't closely following the original source, it doesn't deserve to be called "Wheel of Time", and the TV series has straight up butchered the source.
    The wheel of time is its own world with all its lore and characters, so a writer can use that world and make thier own story with the same world and characters and do it any way they want. It doesnt need to follow the book story to be called the wheel of time, when it uses the same world, characters and reference points.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wouldn’t this be a bad title to take given that in the end the white clocks came around and starting binding with the sisters?
    I think you mean the "black coats." (asha'man)

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    viewing numbers put the series at least 19 million viewers so far

What in the world are you smoking? Are you adding up the total minutes divided by 60 and not dividing further by episode number? Also that is assuming everyone finished the entire book series I am talking purely about eye of the world
    What are you smoking, the show has been out a while and more and more watch the series, the numbers dont just stop. Plus it only counted the US data what about the rest of the world.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-01-06 at 04:01 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean the "black coats." (asha'man)
    Ah your right the white clocks just join them for the final battle.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

What are you smoking, the show has been out a while and more and more watch the series, the numbers dont just stop. Plus it only counted the US data what about the rest of the world.
    Numbers which haven't been reported which you for some reason assume have exponentially increased.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the moron actually use that term I was under the impression only the most delusional of the defenders online were using that.

You are the one talking nonsense stating that the show is bad, its just plain BS because you are a fan of the books and any deviation to them is bad no matter what to you.

Its a bad show because character development is poor. Plot has 1000 holes. Sets and costumers are straight out of some LARP. CW shows have better dialogues.
    It has no character. Tell me what exactly is the story about? This is why it is a substandard show. How have you ever seen a decent show?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just realize you guys are arguing with someone who thinks Star Citizen is legit about what constitutes a good final product.