Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Yeah. Like this isn't even a plothole, as soon as the Dreadlords were confirmed Jailor minions. They just lied about making them.

General question was it ever established how the Dreadlords left the Shadowlands in the first place?
    they were "exiled" after the Light attacked Revendreth.

"Forged to be the ultimate infiltrators, they bore the influence of Death into the realms of our rivals... as well as the worlds of the living"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    General question was it ever established how the Dreadlords left the Shadowlands in the first place?
    They did it with magic. Warcraft is fantasy, so it is okay.

Here are some cryptic old god riddles from koegfaejifa'fajpigioap that prove that this was already planned with the release of Warcraft 2:

"The seven headed monkey dances on the grim dark shadow of the shining colossus."

"Three questions will the [insert adjective] octopus ask."

"The FBI breached my basement."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and i feel deathwing more compelling villain than what we had after mop;
    if u mean he is one of (sadly) best wow presented villains i agree, he was actual interesting (in comparison)
    tbh making deathwing one of 'good' villains of wow show how (sadly) wow bar is low, they butchered deathwing in cata in comparison to even his wc2 presentation
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Dreadlord retcon is one of Shadowlands' better decisions, some growing pains aside, it gives plenty of fodder for future stories. No matter which giant bland evil man they serve the Shadowlands portrayal has the dual benefit of being closer to their original portrayal in WC3 thematically as vampiric infiltrators focused on death magic while also reintroducing them to the plot long from, with a leader character that fits their vibe well in Denathrius. They have a benefit of working regardless of the scale of the narrative in question and having ties with virtually every side, be it cosmic or terrestrial.
    Besides the loss of their homeworld of Nathreza, which we have no hard confirmation of its destruction in the first place, the dreadlords have suffered very few hits over the years. According to the rules as we know them only Varimthras and Balnazzar are dead for good. Tichondrius, Anatheron, Mal'Ganis, and so on are all alive and well and scheming, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if u mean he is one of (sadly) best wow presented villains i agree, he was actual interesting (in comparison)
    tbh making deathwing one of 'good' villains of wow show how (sadly) wow bar is low, they butchered deathwing in cata in comparison to even his wc2 presentation
    Did you ever read the Charge of the Aspects? It did a good job fleshing him out and explaining his motivations besides 'rawr me bad dragon' like we saw in WC2.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Besides the loss of their homeworld of Nathreza, which we have no hard confirmation of its destruction in the first place, the dreadlords have suffered very few hits over the years. According to the rules as we know them only Varimthras and Balnazzar are dead for good.
    Of which said rules are made by the conniving bastards in the first place

That being said I'm actually excited for shiny light dreadlords eventual betrayal

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcreid View Post
    He did, for now, i bet you used to say KJ created the Lich King as well?

IMO the creator of the first one created Nathrezim.
    Oh dear......

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

What would be the point of the Nathrezim after Shadowlands? Their grand master plan, the very reason for their infiltrations (and their very existence) was all part of Zovaal's plot. With him gone and the plan failed they are utterly irrelevent.

The remaining Dreadlords that have infiltrated the light/life etc no longer have any purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    What would be the point of the Nathrezim after Shadowlands? Their grand master plan, the very reason for their infiltrations (and their very existence) was all part of Zovaal's plot. With him gone and the plan failed they are utterly irrelevent.

The remaining Dreadlords that have infiltrated the light/life etc no longer have any purpose.
    If Denathrius survives presumably he's going to want a new seat of power and try to do something that furthers his own personal desires, given that its unlikely the shadowlands is going to welcome him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Of which said rules are made by the conniving bastards in the first place

That being said I'm actually excited for shiny light dreadlords eventual betrayal
    They were really secretive about it, too. Even the Army of the Light, who had been fighting the Legion for 25,000 years, didn't know Sargeras had found a way to bypass the whole perma-death in fel-heavy areas rule until AFTER we'd already landed on Argus, gotten into some fights, and had demons keep coming back. The world quest text even updates itself after you make this discovery from things like "gone for good" to "their punishment in Antorus will be severe."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you ever read the Charge of the Aspects? It did a good job fleshing him out and explaining his motivations besides 'rawr me bad dragon' like we saw in WC2.
    u compared book deathwing vs wow deathwing, book deathwing is cunning, smart, manipulative, he doesn't even try use his insane massive power before first make all his enemies screw each others
    wow presented deathwing as someone who is just rawr smash, zero cunning, zero patience, just go attack idiotic unrelated sh8t, however they at least presented someone as evil, and while his wow presentation story is bad, it made sense and had no plot holes and playing 9d chess and shitcon every single step
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u compared book deathwing vs wow deathwing, book deathwing is cunning, smart, manipulative, he doesn't even try use his insane massive power before first make all his enemies screw each others
    wow presented deathwing as someone who is just rawr smash, zero cunning, zero patience, just go attack idiotic unrelated sh8t, however they at least presented someone as evil, and while his wow presentation story is bad, it made sense and had no plot holes and playing 9d chess and shitcon every single step
    They're the same Deathwing. It's not like we're dealing with alternate continuities here. The "if it's not in the game I don't consider it canon" people are insanely frustrating to deal with, please tell me you're not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're the same Deathwing. It's not like we're dealing with alternate continuities here. The "if it's not in the game I don't consider it canon" people are insanely frustrating to deal with, please tell me you're not one of them.
    i'm not, i'm just saying that wow presented deathwing really bad, and he still is one of 'good' wow villains in comparison to others for many reasons (like they didn't shitcon every step he did)
    Thrall