Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Nope. Milking money is where the $$ is at. Sad but true.
    correction: Milking whales is where the short term high profit is.

This is something the investors and devs seem to want the game to go towards, without any care for the perception of the game or overall health and quality. The idea on which blizz made WoW in the beginning, the long term high quality game with high player retention/loyalty with good standing within the gaming community was abandoned from the moment that blizz stopped going after gold sellers and became one themselves. It's all about them thicc whale wallets now.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Wouldnt the forums be better without stupid posts ? probably yes to both questions.

Of course not.
    Milking whales who are willing to pay any amount of $$ for dogshit mounts/recolours/pets/skins/icons etc is much more profitable than making good p2p games.
    Sad reality with NFTs everywhere on the horizon...

i love how NFTs came into existence and people here are already whining that blizzard will definitely implement that, despite nothing even suggesting that, meanwhile square enix already outright said they will implement it, and seems nobody here cares...
    lovely double standards of MMO-C hit again

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i love how NFTs came into existence and people here are already whining that blizzard will definitely implement that, despite nothing even suggesting that, meanwhile square enix already outright said they will implement it, and seems nobody here cares...
    Did anyone say they found the Square Enix CEO's comments acceptable? I can't see anyone doing it.

Meanwhile you've arrived here calling people hypocrites over things nobody has said.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am expecting them to jump on NFT bandwagon any day now.
    It's honestly shocking that Activision is the only major AAA publisher that hasn't announced an NFT project yet. Most of them came out during the last quarterly reports.

Is it just that they know they can't take another out of touch PR hit right now?

FF14 isnt held to the same standarts as WoW.

Its like League of Legends compared to Smite. You just expact less from FF14, the raids dont need to be as polished or hard, quests can be simple and story generic. Shops who sell old items + exclusive etc are also fine, why ? because FF14 from the get go was like that, while people demand wow to be above all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirelle View Post
    Did anyone say they found the Square Enix CEO's comments acceptable? I can't see anyone doing it.

Meanwhile you've arrived here calling people hypocrites over things nobody has said.
    save this response if you will, to see if i was wrong, when (if) blizzard ever announce theyll implement NFTs there will be dozen threads about it open in first hour and few more on day 1
    FF do it and all the people swarming wow threads with how square enix is all about players and not about money are somehow suddenly silent...

so yeah, not bitching about it is very atypical of MMO-C and pure hypocrisy

1+ Year Old Account
    FF do it and all the people swarming wow threads with how square enix is all about players and not about money are somehow silent...
    I mean looking at this forum alone, more than a few people stated their opposition to what the Square Enix CEO has said. On Twitter I've seen a fair few people spreading around petitions telling people to submit tickets opposing the idea, and even on the official forums, people seem hostile to the idea. Even Japanese players have been roundly criticizing the idea.

So, yeah, it definitely seems like you're just projecting some kind of hypocrisy onto FF14 players. You're declaring a thing true that hasn't happened yet and criticizing people for something they aren't doing.

It's kind of sad, honestly. You do realize people can be against both games doing something like NFTs, right? That seems to be the most common response from players of either, or both, games. I'm unsure why you're turning this into a game vs game or company vs company thing. Other than you're just biased toward WoW and against FF14 and want to project this kind of hypocrisy onto a playerbase of a game you dislike that aren't even doing the thing you're slandering them of.

As for my part, all I did was suggest that it wouldn't exactly be outside of Activision's behavior to re-introduce the Blizzard store including NFTs based on their previous behavior. Square Enix hasn't even enacted any kind of NFT or other blockchain item into their games yet, just their CEO mentioning it and him being pretty universally criticized except for NFTbros.

Your comments seem incredibly overly defensive on behalf of Activision-Blizzard. NFTs are bad for all of us, regardless of what game we play.
    Last edited by Zirelle; 2022-01-06 at 12:05 PM.

On Twitter
    oh yeah, thats important when pointing out hypocricy of people on MMO-C, what happened on twitter...
    i literaly said on MMO-C, and yeah in some threads the reaction was "oh no... anyway...", as i said if blizz does it you wont be able to read about anything else here for month at least, people (like you for example, wonder why you resist the obvious hypocrisy...) are already whining about it BEFORE there is even anything suggesting it will happen...

if you cant see the hypocrisy of whining that blizzard MIGHT POSSIBLY do something in the future, yet having pretty much no reaction to other company already doing it (or at least confirming they will) i cant help you

1+ Year Old Account
    oh yeah, thats important when pointing out hypocricy of people on MMO-C, what happened on twitter...
    I mentioned several places INCLUDING this forum but this is what you focus on?

You bring this up:

if you cant see the hypocrisy of whining that blizzard MIGHT POSSIBLY do something in the future, yet having pretty much no reaction to other company already doing it (or at least confirming they will) i cant help you
    But are doing quite literally the exact same thing with Square Enix despite all that's happened is their CEO making a statement favorably toward NFTs.

You seem wholly unable to be objective on this topic and I'm going to disengage from this conversation due to your inability to look at the topic from a position outside of game vs game or company vs company.

You are the one saying people have no reaction to other companies doing it. That simply is factually untrue. Especially now as I look back through your posts toward other people. You have this very unhealthy view of Warcraft and defending what its doing regardless of the reality of the situation regardless of what people are saying.

I apologize if this comes off as rude, but I would recommend divorcing the video game of World of Warcraft from your own personality, you'll interact with video games in a much more healthy way.
    Last edited by Zirelle; 2022-01-06 at 12:12 PM.

You seem wholly unable to be objective on this topic
    blizzard adds mount to shop: MMO-C - "OH MY GOD ITS END OF THE WORLD"
    square enix goes for NFTs which might have HUGE impact" MMO-C - "eh... its bad i guess... BUT BLIZZARD MIGHT DO IT TOO, ITS END EF THE WORLD!!!"

yep, totaly not hypocrisy, and its me who is not objective whatever helps you sleep at night

- - - Updated - - -

You are the one saying people have no reaction to other companies doing it.
    i never said that, i said on MMO-C there is barely any reaction to FF doing it while people already bitch about blizzard POSSIBLY doing it in future, bit of a difference, yet somehow i dont expect you to catch that...

- - - Updated - - -

I apologize if this comes off as rude, but I would recommend divorcing the video game of World of Warcraft from your own personality, you'll interact with video games in a much more healthy way.
    nah, have little to do with WoW, i point out obvious hypocrisy wherever i see it, no matter if it have anything with wow or games general
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-06 at 12:21 PM.

I mean looking at this forum alone, more than a few people stated their opposition to what the Square Enix CEO has said. On Twitter I've seen a fair few people spreading around petitions telling people to submit tickets opposing the idea, and even on the official forums, people seem hostile to the idea. Even Japanese players have been roundly criticizing the idea.

So, yeah, it definitely seems like you're just projecting some kind of hypocrisy onto FF14 players. You're declaring a thing true that hasn't happened yet and criticizing people for something they aren't doing.

It's kind of sad, honestly. You do realize people can be against both games doing something like NFTs, right? That seems to be the most common response from players of either, or both, games. I'm unsure why you're turning this into a game vs game or company vs company thing. Other than you're just biased toward WoW and against FF14 and want to project this kind of hypocrisy onto a playerbase of a game you dislike that aren't even doing the thing you're slandering them of.

As for my part, all I did was suggest that it wouldn't exactly be outside of Activision's behavior to re-introduce the Blizzard store including NFTs based on their previous behavior. Square Enix hasn't even enacted any kind of NFT or other blockchain item into their games yet, just their CEO mentioning it and him being pretty universally criticized except for NFTbros.

Your comments seem incredibly overly defensive on behalf of Activision-Blizzard. NFTs are bad for all of us, regardless of what game we play.
    You must new here if you actually think the ff zealots that come running to defend there precious yoshi p at that drop of a hat.

Like just look at square enix, told for 8 years there servers are garbage, literally the worst of ANY major mmo, have to be throttled 24/7 because they are trash. Didn't want to spend the money, now we are in a shortage due to the pandemic. The ff shills come running in "omg server queues dah ff is best game ever." when in reality their login servers can handle some garbage low number, what 17k?. Fucking everquest has better servers.

Literally had some idiot say that the ff store is better than wows even though ff rips content out of the game to sell it. Fucking lol.

OT- op how is it 2022 morons like you still don't understand how businesses work? Why the fuck would a company put more money into a product when idiots still buy it and then run to mmoc to complain.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You must new here if you actually think the ff zealots that come running to defend there precious yoshi p at that drop of a hat.

Like just look at square enix, told for 8 years there servers are garbage, literally the worst of ANY major mmo, have to be throttled 24/7 because they are trash. Didn't want to spend the money, now we are in a shortage due to the pandemic. The ff shills come running in "omg server queues dah ff is best game ever." when in reality their login servers can handle some garbage low number, what 17k?. Fucking everquest has better servers.

Literally had some idiot say that the ff store is better than wows even though ff rips content out of the game to sell it. Fucking lol.
    Just because I'm new to this forum does not mean I haven't been lurking around here for a while nor been part of other online communities.

Your editorialization of what other players of FF14 do is highly disingenuous.

I would encourage you to do the same as the other person I've been responding to.

Especially during the EW launch. People weren't saying, "There's no problem." People were saying, "Yoshi-P and SE have garnered enough good will that I'm not willing to give up on FF14."

There's a clear difference and the fact that you're unable to realize that or are intentionally conflating the two exposes a dishonest actor's actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    as opposed to maximizing profits from micro transactions and the in-game shop?
    No. Huge short-term profits followed by gutting, acquiring a new ip and doing it again is a million times more profitable then making a good game and fostering goodwill. Doing the "right" thing is a financially inefficient play, and for the powers that control blizzard? A year without record profits is a year of intolerable loss. Making a good return is seen as an awful thing because the floor begins are "better then ever"
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    as opposed to maximizing profits from micro transactions and the in-game shop?
    Looking at all major game development companies should tell you: no. Gamers are too easily exploited because they as a demographic fall too easily for hype.

Based on the latest Battlefield 2042, nobody bothers making great games anymore, users are too easy to milk.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    FF14 isnt held to the same standarts as WoW.

Its like League of Legends compared to Smite. You just expact less from FF14, the raids dont need to be as polished or hard, quests can be simple and story generic. Shops who sell old items + exclusive etc are also fine, why ? because FF14 from the get go was like that, while people demand wow to be above all that.
    Seems about right. I was pretty shocked by just how many things in FF would be destroyed by the WoW community that nobody seemed to care about when I played through the story of level 1-60 in FF.