Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I can move goalposts whereever i like
    Indeed you can, that's why there is no point in arguing with someone as intellectually dishonest as you. Have a good time!
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The game is alright, but it gets boring since it's not as in-depth as it used to be. Too many things stripped out. For exampleold talents, abilities, tier sets, long and fulfilling story)

1. Old talent system - players could customize their class in more ways than they can now. For example, a demo warlock could finish their demo tree and then pick to either increase fire damage (destruction) or DoT damage (affliction). After a new expac dropped, we would get more talents in the talent trees, allowing us to further specialize in that spec. We haven't received any new talent rows in a very very very long time. Which means I've been playing the same exact thing for years... not too exciting and forces me to play another class to have fun...
    2. Borrowed power only worked in Legion because the artifacts were incredibly cool. It was still a chore, but it was pretty awesome to get cool weapons.
    3. Story is just bonkers. I just don't get it.
    4. Faction leadership is in shambles, they are all pretty much dead, captured, evil or weak for the Horde...
    5. Fighting dragons, undead, the burning legion, and the twilight council was awesome. The stuff we're fighting now is alright, maybe it's just the story that makes me feel "meh"
    6. Shadowlands is just way too small. Why cant we fly into the ether and find smaller less prominent covenants?! Going to 4 small zones just isnt enough.
    7. Tier sets were always released, and were really cool for class fantasy
    8. Baseline abilities being turned into talents... like why... balancing? At the expense of having fun?

At the end of the day, I feel like I've been playing the same thing over and over again without any growth. I have to take a break for a year just so it feels fresh again.
    Last edited by Aedruid; 2021-11-19 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed you can, that's why there is no point in arguing with someone as intellectually dishonest as you. Have a good time!
    When you're discussing with people, try not to insult them repeatedly. Seems we might both have learned a lesson, but i honestly doubt it.

The OP is asking the wrong question.

It should be a will, not a can as in:
    Does anyone think that Blizzard will actually change the game so that people like it?

Can they change it? Yes.
    Will they change it? It would probably be a yes until they realized how much it would cost, so No.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    How does it feel to live in the 1800s?
    You know smartphones and transistors weren’t invented by a bunch of whiny woke leftists on twitter right?

They can but they probably need to fire everyone responsible for the "systems first" philosophy they embraced starting with Legion and a little bit in WOD. If they can get the "gameplay first" philosophy back on the WoW team it may be salvageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    The game is alright, but it gets boring since it's not as in-depth as it used to be. Too many things stripped out. For exampleold talents, abilities, tier sets, long and fulfilling story)

1. Old talent system - players could customize their class in more ways than they can now. For example, a demo warlock could finish their demo tree and then pick to either increase fire damage (destruction) or DoT damage (affliction). After a new expac dropped, we would get more talents in the talent trees, allowing us to further specialize in that spec. We haven't received any new talent rows in a very very very long time. Which means I've been playing the same exact thing for years... not too exciting and forces me to play another class to have fun...
    People need to stop posting this fallacy. Everyone went with the cookie cutter spec and .1% increases were not customization. None of this was true then and it still isn't true now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    You know smartphones and transistors weren’t invented by a bunch of whiny woke leftists on twitter right?
    Well said;

Is this where you introduce the groundbreaking argument that we'd still be in the stone ages if not for the genius racists, bigots and generally shitty people? We can have innovation and also improve our society. They don't have to be inclusive. And we certainly don't need to get bent out of shape because a couple of meaningless lines of dialogue in a game with millions of lines of dialogue got changed to be slightly less shitty towards marginalized groups.

The more I see about 9.2, the more I realize Blizzard is gone. It isn't the same company in any way, shape or form. I rode things out longer than I should have and I wish I hadn't.

The idea of them rebuilding the entire studio and changing all philosophies to prop up better PR on a 17 year old game in order to make less money doesn't strike me as paticularly realistic, especially with industry wide brain drain on the AAA scene.

Their future will be the same as companies like EA and Ubi Soft: try to counter low quality with high spending and artifical hype. Looking at the 9.2 preview, they've already partially begun this path.

Is this where you introduce the groundbreaking argument that we'd still be in the stone ages if not for the genius racists, bigots and generally shitty people? We can have innovation and also improve our society. They don't have to be inclusive. And we certainly don't need to get bent out of shape because a couple of meaningless lines of dialogue in a game with millions of lines of dialogue got changed to be slightly less shitty towards marginalized groups.
    That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. That's ok. The facts differ from it so you can keep it for yourself.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. That's ok. The facts differ from it so you can keep it for yourself.
    I'd be interested in hearing which facts interfere with my position that we can be less shitty to other human beings and innovate at the same time.

Is this where you introduce the groundbreaking argument that we'd still be in the stone ages if not for the genius racists, bigots and generally shitty people?
    True, we leftist are the best and the most inclusive people in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post

I really do wish we could have exciting rep rewards back again. Not just a tabard, mount, pet and toy but make the actual gear appealing. I'd love it if they threw in some special items like trinkets or such. I know Sporeggar had some shield that was pretty busted and that was only Honored I think. I don't see the harm in having some cool items like this again.
    The harm is that raid logging cucks would whine about forced content because heaven forbid something else rewards on par or greater than raiding. Remember buying tier sets from a vendor. yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The harm is that raid logging cucks would whine about forced content because heaven forbid something else rewards on par or greater than raiding. Remember buying tier sets from a vendor. yea.
    I think tier sets from vendor was a big mistake and I do think badge gear from vendors became a bit too big of a feature but I think the rep rewards in TBC for example were pretty good. It felt like every faction had 1 or 2 items that were pretty decent (or great even) and if you happened to be very unlucky with a certain slot, this was like an alternate route to get that item upgrade. This was also in the days of raid logging before MoP where I guess they went a bit harder on extra side features, which has only increased since. Now we have more types of content than we did back in the early days and the path to gearing isn't as straight forward - so it would kinda make sense to me to give the rep rewards some oomph again.

I'm not saying hide all the best items behind a painful Exalted grind but I do think they could do a better job than they have been in the last few expansions.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "so that people like it"

no matter what they do, there will always be those who don't like it

Of course they could, but they won't. They need every dollar they can squeeze out of the game to stay alive at this point. There will be no selfless grand gesture from them ever; the PR fiasco last year was the opportunity for that and they didn't hesitate to double down on direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think tier sets from vendor was a big mistake and I do think badge gear from vendors became a bit too big of a feature but I think the rep rewards in TBC for example were pretty good. It felt like every faction had 1 or 2 items that were pretty decent (or great even) and if you happened to be very unlucky with a certain slot, this was like an alternate route to get that item upgrade. This was also in the days of raid logging before MoP where I guess they went a bit harder on extra side features, which has only increased since. Now we have more types of content than we did back in the early days and the path to gearing isn't as straight forward - so it would kinda make sense to me to give the rep rewards some oomph again.

I'm not saying hide all the best items behind a painful Exalted grind but I do think they could do a better job than they have been in the last few expansions.
    Everything you listed as harm I don't know why it's harmful. If both can get the same item but one does it by doing content that's easier but does it longer than the player who does the harder content but gets the items faster why is that a problem?

Depends on what people you are talking about, most people on this site, no not possible, most people that dont visit these forums but dont play Wow right now, yes probably.
    Last edited by Raven; 2022-01-06 at 01:28 PM.

No, it is literally impossible to make a game people will like.

It is called the law of lowest common denominator - to maximise the number of people who don't hate something, you have to offer the least offensive, the least interesting and the least of everything.

That's why shows like Big Brother etc were so popular, they managed to find the lowest common denominator for the maximum audience size.

So what we should so is go back to when Blizzard didn't listen to customers - but built the game base on expertise, but that's not going to happen since all those people are gone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.