Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    The insistence on Premade grouping is so dated and not helpful to anyone.
    Please stop speaking for everyone. Premade grouping works great for me and I like it. If it doesn't work for you - it's not an 'everyone' issue - it's a 'you' issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    Please stop speaking for everyone. Premade grouping works great for me and I like it. If it doesn't work for you - it's not an 'everyone' issue - it's a 'you' issue.
    Again I clarified this--I do not support removing LFG at all. Premades need to happen they're just as valid as pugging. Both will be offered as options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It sounds like you should play a different game.
    Shame on me for voicing opinions.

How about they update the LFG ui first? It's abominable.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    How about they update the LFG ui first? It's abominable.
    I mean ya--I'd include that in a patch too. At least let me look for people running the keys I want to run.

But I'd rather them scrap the key system and try again.

Honestly, my system would be:

2 raid difficulties- Normal/Heroic

Raids no longer have a story attached that way you can toss LFR. Only normal drops power progression gear and Heroic has cosmetics/titles/more fights.

M+ Drops gear but only up to 10 after 10 cosmetics, titles, and mats for a new profession that's built on houses, and mogs.

M+ has a queue, and World Quests, if you grind enough, can give badges that'll yield Normal/M+ gear but the grind will be longer and I'd make it so it's inefficient to do those grinds for gear if you can raid/M+.

Everyone is on the same footing and then cosmetics are the top-end items. That way the people who enjoy raiding will still enjoy raiding but it'll be divorced from the power they have.
    So not only do you want to kill m+ but also raiding lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So not only do you want to kill m+ but also raiding lol
    Mind explaining how this would cause players to leave? Not sure how that happens here unless you're overinflating a population.

I said it. When I was playing WoW I first experienced M+ when I joined a M0. Didn't think it was that bad but then once I got up around 8-10 I noticed finding groups became painful. Bare in mind I was a frost mage and at the start of 9.0 after pre-launch nerfs Frost Mages were dookie. Fire wasn't but man I really really hate twitchy gameplay.

Being honest here--there's no good logical reason from my perspective as to why this doesn't happen. I know people will all say comp comp comp--my response is that the burden of responsibility for balancing the game so that all specs, and all classes are viable with one another is a dev issue, and any deviation from that statement is you as a paying customer being okay with a subpar product.

Hire some actuaries to balance your numbers and let players connect with one another automatically. The insistence on Premade grouping is so dated and not helpful to anyone.
    Queue would not work.

However comps are the issue and that makes it dumb. Certain classes and or certain specs are just simply not invited to anything higher then a 9 for the most part. So they (blizzard) would need to balance all classes and specs so it doesnt really matter what class comes, you just need 3 dps, 1 tank and 1 healers and they need to perform well. However that will never happen! When has it happened? Blizzard has never been able to balance, so you will just need to FOTM or something playable for M+ if thats what your doing.

I had to switch from fury war to fire mage to get shadowlands key master season one achieve completed via all pugs. Even tho my fury war was better geared, did more overall damage, that did not matter, its dumb. Do what everyone else has done, quit the game and find a new one. I heard Endwalker is alright and that Elden Ring is coming out in feb, looks fun, also dying light 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Queue would not work.

However comps are the issue and that makes it dumb. Certain classes and or certain specs are just simply not invited to anything higher then a 9 for the most part. So they (blizzard) would need to balance all classes and specs so it doesnt really matter what class comes, you just need 3 dps, 1 tank and 1 healers and they need to perform well. However that will never happen! When has it happened? Blizzard has never been able to balance, so you will just need to FOTM or something playable for M+ if thats what your doing.

I had to switch from fury war to fire mage to get shadowlands key master season one achieve completed via all pugs. Even tho my fury war was better geared, did more overall damage, that did not matter, its dumb. Do what everyone else has done, quit the game and find a new one. I heard Endwalker is alright and that Elden Ring is coming out in feb, looks fun, also dying light 2.
    I mean I fully agree with your sentiment here. Literally, it's just accepted bad balancing because it is what it is. Lol. I could never imagine a lot people in real life acting like that if McDonalds did something like Blizzard does with balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind explaining how this would cause players to leave? Not sure how that happens here unless you're overinflating a population.
    What do you think is going to happen with heroic raiding when mythic is put aside?

You're going to see every single guild at 10/10M right now just disappear. Thats 1400 guilds right now. Or roughly 28.000 people.

That may not seem like much, but what they will take with them is a vast amount of knowledge of the game. People idolize those players, because that's where they want to be or want to go. Most players want to progress to a higher stage. So when those players leave, they will take with them their fans, their (streaming?) communities.. and people will see them leave in droves.

How do you think the rest of the playerbase would respond to that? In rejoice? I sincerely doubt it.
    More than likely it would just lead to a considerable portion of the playerbase laying down their arms.

Not possible in a game where people with the performance gradient we have in WoW. If you pug keys you will routinely see people in 250+ gear doing half the damage of someone else in the same gear. And that's not even mentioning dungeon knowledge/interrupts etc.

Pug your own key. It sounds like a cliche but it really is that easy. If you list a 15+ people will join it within a few minutes and you can even be reasonably selective.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    What do you think is going to happen with heroic raiding when mythic is put aside?

You're going to see every single guild at 10/10M right now just disappear. Thats 1400 guilds right now. Or roughly 28.000 people.

That may not seem like much, but what they will take with them is a vast amount of knowledge of the game. People idolize those players, because that's where they want to be or want to go. Most players want to progress to a higher stage. So when those players leave, they will take with them their fans, their (streaming?) communities.. and people will see them leave in droves.

How do you think the rest of the playerbase would respond to that? In rejoice? I sincerely doubt it.
    More than likely it would just lead to a considerable portion of the playerbase laying down their arms.
    Basically you're saying that people worship these raiders? Is that what're pointing out?

I mean WoW has already lost a ton of casual players and that's not any concern at all to you?

This doomsday scenario is like imagin if Miley Cyrus stopped performing the entire music industry would collapse over night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically you're saying that people worship these raiders? Is that what're pointing out?

I mean WoW has already lost a ton of casual players and that's not any concern at all to you?
    They are of concern to us all. But never at the expense of others.
    There should be content in the game for everyone, that doesn't have to be raid or m+ content. Actually.. it probably shouldn't be.

This doomsday scenario is like imagin if Miley Cyrus stopped performing the entire music industry would collapse over night!
    No, that would be if some middle of the pack 10/10 guild stopped playing. What you're suggesting is to abolish the planet of all its studios because you think artists are too good at their job and you can't break through.

I think a queue for anything up to +15 (or wherever they draw the gear upgrade cap) would be good, but you'll have to remove keys and timers from the equation. Replace players that leave only with other players from the queue. It would make the whole thing so much more chill. Give a +16 key if you happen to do a 15 in time.

Have a requirement of completing previous levels and a predetermined ilvl limit, that get removed if you're a full party of 5.

People say this won't work, but what are you doing now, other than doing this manually? You don't know those randoms. And with no timer, you can use CC if you've bitten off more than you can chew.

They are of concern to us all. But never at the expense of others.
    There should be content in the game for everyone, that doesn't have to be raid or m+ content. Actually.. it probably shouldn't be.
    But the problem here is that there is already "at expense" and it cost more than 28,000 players. You hand wave that off as if they never mattered or that they weren't important. Yet time and time again we see people leave WoW and nothing has changed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

No, that would be if some middle of the pack 10/10 guild stopped playing. What you're suggesting is to abolish the planet of all its studios because you think artists are too good at their job and you can't break through.
    If the system has led to a game that used to boast about sub numbers, to a game that now boasts about MAUs which combine all games on their platform, surely you can realize the old system hasn't improved or gotten better.

Skill distribution in the player base is gargantuan. The range is so much more than just two raid difficulties. It is even more than 4 that's why Blizzard has autonerfing through gear and constantly monitors completion rates and nerfs raids regularly. Having fewer raid difficulties will make fewer people happy. What do you think all the mythic raiders will do who now clear heroic in the first or second week? Do you think they will stay and farm heroic for half a year after roflstomping it? You could tune your now highest heroic more like mythic is now but then answer me this: what do you think all the heroic raiders will do who then meet brick walls they can't overcome? Nope, they will stop raiding, simple as that.

Skill distribution in the player base is gargantuan. The range is so much more than just two raid difficulties. It is even more than 4 that's why Blizzard has autonerfing through gear and constantly monitors completion rates and nerfs raids regularly. Having fewer raid difficulties will make fewer people happy. What do you think all the mythic raiders will do who now clear heroic in the first or second week? Do you think they will stay and farm heroic for half a year after roflstomping it? You could tune your now highest heroic more like mythic is now but then answer me this: what do you think all the heroic raiders will do who then meet brick walls they can't overcome? Nope, they will stop raiding, simple as that.
    I mean again I don't know why we're concerned with a small population of players. You already had players leave and it gets treated like nothing, but the second we stop and consider mythic raiders leaving it's like every one's hair is on fire.

This fear comes from where, there's not a single time that something happened to them to leave en masse, but consistently throughout WoW's history they made the game harder, and more strict about grouping, and players left then they undo those decisions and make the game have "catch-up" mechanics and we act as if that brings back 90% when we all don't have evidence to show who does or doesn't return. Human nature would indicate most do not return.

Put another way you're all so worried about a drop in the bucket because you're saying that drop is worth more than the water already in the bucket even though you have a liter in there.
    Last edited by Miffinat0r; 2022-01-06 at 04:11 PM.

I mean again I don't know why we're concerned with a small population of players. You already had players leave and it gets treated like nothing, but the second we stop and consider mythic raiders leaving it's like every one's hair is on fire.

This fear comes from where, there's not a single time that something happened to them to leave en masse, but consistently throughout WoW's history they made the game harder, and more strict about grouping, and players left then they undo those decisions and make the game have "catch-up" mechanics and we act as if that brings back 90% when we all don't have evidence to show who does or doesn't return.

Put another way you're all so worried about a drop in the bucket because you're saying that drop is worth more than the water already in the bucket even though you have a liter in there.
    So I was right an you do want to kill raiding too. Why feign ignorance...

And how would you envision a system like that would work for +25 and higher keys? There would be no queue, it would just be dead because the amount of people that can do those keys are few and far between. There is a reason people join guilds and seek out to make friends with common goals. Because you couldn't get this any other way. The entire automation system messed with this before and I don't like the idea of repeating mistakes from the past.

If anything we should find more ways to bring people together, absolutely. But automating content is definitely not one of them.
    Did he say you shouldn't be allowed to form groups?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

So I was right an you do want to kill raiding too. Why feign ignorance...
    I mean thanks for putting words in there.

Not sure where reform and making changes means killing and it's not a thing anymore. But okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the problem here is that there is already "at expense" and it cost more than 28,000 players. You hand wave that off as if they never mattered or that they weren't important. Yet time and time again we see people leave WoW and nothing has changed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

If the system has led to a game that used to boast about sub numbers, to a game that now boasts about MAUs which combine all games on their platform, surely you can realize the old system hasn't improved or gotten better.
    You're acting as if what "casuals" want and/or need is ever at odds with what "hardcore elitist whateveryouwannacallthem" want or need. You can have both. You just don't play in the same space and that is fine.

You have a personal problem. Which is that you want to exist in the latter when you are part of the former. You can't not care about improving your gameplay and then also be part of the elite. That will never happen in any game with such structures. And then your proposal to that is to completely restructure the game just so that you like it.

What wow needs is more things to do that have nothing to do with raiding or mythic plus but still offer a compelling challenge to the not "hardcore elitist whateveryouwannacallthem" players.

What it definitely doesn't need is even less content of the variations that already exist.