Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The graphics have not held up well, wont pay money for the expansions and No Friends play it.

its way too punishing in expacs unless you are minmaxed to the teeth. gold is hard to make, minmaxing is hard to make with gold, this is no longer a casual friendly game that it was at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its way too punishing in expacs unless you are minmaxed to the teeth. gold is hard to make, minmaxing is hard to make with gold, this is no longer a casual friendly game that it was at launch.
    How much gold do you have? Because you should be able to pick up a fairly cheap set of exotics off the AH to get you going. My ascended gear (slightly more powerful) is only for fractals/support play, and my main DPS/solo builds have been using basic-ass budget exotic gear for years.

I'm absolutely not remotely min/maxed outside of having a full sets of Zerker/Viper gear for my power/condi builds. You can probably get my with yellow gear while you're farming up events and selling stuff on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How much gold do you have? Because you should be able to pick up a fairly cheap set of exotics off the AH to get you going. My ascended gear (slightly more powerful) is only for fractals/support play, and my main DPS/solo builds have been using basic-ass budget exotic gear for years.

I'm absolutely not remotely min/maxed outside of having a full sets of Zerker/Viper gear for my power/condi builds. You can probably get my with yellow gear while you're farming up events and selling stuff on the AH.
    I have 30 gold. that will buy me.... 2, maybe 3 pieces of exotic gear in optimized stats with lvl 40 upgrades because lvl 80 upgrades cost more then gear itself. I don't know what to sell on EH to make up anywhere near the gold that people are asking for gear. everything I have is like at best 30 silver? at best. how many more events do I have to farm to afford to do STORY? I'm sorry but in what world is this casual friendly? I do ok in old world but like.. what is the point of paying for expansions if I can't even play them?

sorry, but GW2 pissed me off today to the point of actual genuine anger at which point I closed the game, complained on the forums and deleted it from my harddrive because I do not play video games to be this stressed out. and yes I know heart of thorns is harder. I went back there first to finish unlocking a glider. immediately remembered why I quit the first time. but figured I'm this close to finishing that first leveling track, just hold out and get it done and then lets go to the new expansion that is supposed to be more casual friendly. the only thing that's casual friendly is doing the race around the desert (even if I don't get placed, at least its finishable) and multi part coin gathering event to get to kill a loot pinata which I've experienced running away at least once (yes there was a group killing it, not enough damage)

anyways, I'm making myself annoyed all over again now, so.. not for me.

I personally don't like the class designs. Awesome game otherwise though. I'd probably play if my friends did but... that isnt ever going to happen sadly

I have 30 gold. that will buy me.... 2, maybe 3 pieces of exotic gear in optimized stats with lvl 40 upgrades because lvl 80 upgrades cost more then gear itself. I don't know what to sell on EH to make up anywhere near the gold that people are asking for gear. everything I have is like at best 30 silver? at best. how many more events do I have to farm to afford to do STORY? I'm sorry but in what world is this casual friendly? I do ok in old world but like.. what is the point of paying for expansions if I can't even play them?

sorry, but GW2 pissed me off today to the point of actual genuine anger at which point I closed the game, complained on the forums and deleted it from my harddrive because I do not play video games to be this stressed out. and yes I know heart of thorns is harder. I went back there first to finish unlocking a glider. immediately remembered why I quit the first time. but figured I'm this close to finishing that first leveling track, just hold out and get it done and then lets go to the new expansion that is supposed to be more casual friendly. the only thing that's casual friendly is doing the race around the desert (even if I don't get placed, at least its finishable) and multi part coin gathering event to get to kill a loot pinata which I've experienced running away at least once (yes there was a group killing it, not enough damage)

J found gold to be far less punishing and things way cheaper than expected since you can easily buy it with rlm

I have 30 gold. that will buy me.... 2, maybe 3 pieces of exotic gear in optimized stats with lvl 40 upgrades because lvl 80 upgrades cost more then gear itself.
    You get a gold for completing the dailies, and laurels for mats as well as mystic coins which have value. Not sure what gear you're looking for though, most level 80 gear is 2-3 g each at most, and similarly not sure which runes you're looking at. Some of the story chapters can be a pain for some classes though, so I hear ya. Not sure which class you're using.
    Yeah, sometimes a game just takes a turn that goes against what you want. Heck, I never finished GW1 for this reason.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Time, tragically, I just don't have the time or energy to commit to MMO's atm.

Plus you kind of have to play an MMO to the exclusion of other games and I've got a big steam backlog.
    Twas brillig

not sure what gear you are trying to buy. but if gold isn't an option you can buy gear for karma(250k for a set) in Orr.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I started playing serioulsy just two or three months ago, i have 100+ G and a mix of exotic and ascended gear.

I didn't buy anything from TP - all is farmed. Weapon comes from elite spec unlock(exotic) accessiories come from laurels/season 3 farm (all ascended but one) and i just found today you can easily farm a full set of exotic armor in verdant brink for a total of 2500 "gears" and 5g.

So it's just a matter of farming the right spots.

Not that best gear helps that much - also woth moting that for open world/general use it's easier to go for nok-full offensive affixes cause you lose only a fraction of damage for quite a bunch of hp
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Played on a friend's account. Friend lost email of such account. Arena.net does not give a sh*t even confirming his identity. Lost 60+ leveled char(r)acter. Do not wat to level a new one again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Played on a friend's account. Friend lost email of such account. Arena.net does not give a sh*t even confirming his identity. Lost 60+ leveled char(r)acter. Do not wat to level a new one again.
    I believe with the upcoming expansion end of this month you'll get a level 80 boost Just thought I'd throw it out there!

I bought GW2 at launch, and didn't get very far. Tried to play again a few months ago and felt totally lost and just couldn't be bothered to try and figure everything out. Still have it installed though.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I bought GW2 at launch, and didn't get very far. Tried to play again a few months ago and felt totally lost and just couldn't be bothered to try and figure everything out. Still have it installed though.
    Did you jump in with a level 80? Personally I think that is a bad call because the game never resets just expands. So jumping in at max is really overwhelming.

However I think the easiest thing to do is wait until the upcoming End of Dragons expansion launch on Feb 28th. It seems to be the perfect spot for a fresh 80 to begin the game, you can get gliding and 2 of the games mounts in the new continent as well as some tutorial events. Anet are definitely building it for returning/new players as well as veterans.
    Currently to get gliding you need to go to the Heart of Thorns area/story and for mounts you have to go to the Path of Fire area/story. And while upgrading mounts and gliding will still require that, EoD is looking like the place to start your journey and get familiar with the game and its systems.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Did you jump in with a level 80? Personally I think that is a bad call because the game never resets just expands. So jumping in at max is really overwhelming.

However I think the easiest thing to do is wait until the upcoming End of Dragons expansion launch on Feb 28th. It seems to be the perfect spot for a fresh 80 to begin the game, you can get gliding and 2 of the games mounts in the new continent as well as some tutorial events. Anet are definitely building it for returning/new players as well as veterans.
    Currently to get gliding you need to go to the Heart of Thorns area/story and for mounts you have to go to the Path of Fire area/story. And while upgrading mounts and gliding will still require that, EoD is looking like the place to start your journey and get familiar with the game and its systems.
    No, I didn't realize that was an option, just picked up where I had left off. Thanks for the information, I'll wait and see then.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    No, I didn't realize that was an option, just picked up where I had left off. Thanks for the information, I'll wait and see then.
    If you buy the expansion it will come with a lvl 80 boost. My advice would be to use the boost mainly as a way to unlock mounts and gliding (you need a max level character for that). Once you have them unlocked any character from your account will be able to use them.

I mention this because i believe that starting a new character can be helpful to understand the game in your situation, but sadly, the leveling process is one of the most outdated aspects of the game with mounts+gliding doing wonders in terms of making the whole thing more dynamic. The other benefit is that if you get bored from leveling, well... you'll also have your max level character ready to go.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Good advice, I've been leveling a Revenant and being able to glide and mount up is a huge QoL gain.

Not being excited to play the only current class/spec I have the gear to play at max level and not wanting to level another one or spend the money on gear to play it. Too many other games out there that I can just pick up and play that coming back to GW2 to suffer through the process of getting another character ready just isn't exciting, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not being excited to play the only current class/spec I have the gear to play at max level and not wanting to level another one or spend the money on gear to play it. Too many other games out there that I can just pick up and play that coming back to GW2 to suffer through the process of getting another character ready just isn't exciting, at all.
    Yep. Excatly that.

i enjoyed it during covid lockdowns, but burnt out shortly after the massive grind I did for the legendary weapon Astralaria.

I'll probably pick it up at some point in the future, but right now i'm really addicted to lost ark.