Thread: 9.2.5

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Devs have been coy about there being no extra patches, only that 9.2 is the last "major" content for Shadowlands.

If we are not getting 10.0 this year (Wrath Classic may be the only 2022 release, even if 10.0 is announced) we may get a 9.2.5 to tide us over until the next year. What do you think we could get with it that would get people to sub?

Heritage armor I imagine. 10.0 prelude quests similar to the Silithus stuff in Legion would also be something I could see happening, maybe even with an actual reward this time.

As for SL stuff only I still think Blizzard might end up releasing some kind of anima sink reward. Fully completing a covenant for one armor type isn't that difficult, and even with all 4 it shouldn't be that difficult for the average player to gather enough anima to buy everything they want, at which point Anima officially becomes useless.

Doesn't even need to be an especially unique mount to serve its purpose, a reskinned Anima wyrm the flight masters use would do the trick nicely.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Heritage armor I imagine. 10.0 prelude quests similar to the Silithus stuff in Legion would also be something I could see happening, maybe even with an actual reward this time.

As for SL stuff only I still think Blizzard might end up releasing some kind of anima sink reward. Fully completing a covenant for one armor type isn't that difficult, and even with all 4 it shouldn't be that difficult for the average player to gather enough anima to buy everything they want, at which point Anima officially becomes useless.

Doesn't even need to be an especially unique mount to serve its purpose, a reskinned Anima wyrm the flight masters use would do the trick nicely.
    Heritage are already late by 2 patches :sip:

I guess no 9.2.5 since SL is a fiasco, they are getting clapped each week by a new scandal and probably getting triggered by FF success they will try to pull out the best 10.x pre patch ever to compete with FF LA NW etc

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    9.2.5 is quite likely, and will probably include things such as new customization for dark iron, mag'har, zandalari and kul tirans (and void elves because apparently they just can't get enough!), some fixes, class balances and maybe something akin to new Timewalking or some such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    Heritage are already late by 2 patches :sip:

I guess no 9.2.5 since SL is a fiasco, they are getting clapped each week by a new scandal and probably getting triggered by FF success they will try to pull out the best 10.x pre patch ever to compete with FF LA NW etc
    For some bizarre reason, Blizzard said something akin to no heritage for old races would appear in SL.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You need at least 200k anima for each covenant. Without doing alts, it's quite a big undertaking. I think we are overestimating the average wow player.

If we do get a 9.2.5, which I consider an unlikely scenario, it might contain something like a MoP Timewalking raid (likely ToT) and potentially covenant allied races for prepurchase of the next expansion.

Maybe a small questline to resolve 9.2 plot points and further lead into 10.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    You need at least 200k anima for each covenant. Without doing alts, it's quite a big undertaking. I think we are overestimating the average wow player.
    200k anima sounds like a lot, but if you do the weekly Korthia quest, as well as killing a world boss and clearing 6-8 bosses in a raid then that is already a large chunk of weekly anima. And that is of course without considering the odd world quest or extra occasional grind for a specific upgrade or cosmetic reward.
    Mostly it's also because I assume 9.2 will also give Anima, and posssibly even quite a lot compared to 9.1 similar to what 9.1 did in comparision to 9.0.

Working by the assumption that the average player has "completed" their chosen covenant by now, I don't think its a stretch to assume an additional Anima reward to cap off the expansion aimed at the players who don't really have anything obvious to spend their anima on.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

If there is a 9.2.5 it would need to have some story to it to tide people over. Or at least some sort of "Deaths of Chromie" equivalent.

Realistically it would be dealing with the aftermath of whatever happens in the patch cinematic of the final raid.

Like, Sylvanas claims the Jailer's Core in the cinematic, gaining dominion over the Scourge on Azeroth, and setting them free. So in 9.2.5 they join the Forsaken and build a new capitol. (Or more likely, find a way to purge the Undercity of Blight)

And the Winter Queen releases the Night Elven souls through the portal to the living world to become wisps, which grow a new tree home for the Night Elves around the blade of Sargeras and turn Silithus into a new green zone, to protect Azeroth and bring renewal to the Night Elves.

And those could also reward the Forsaken and Night Elf heritage armor.

I'd be fine with a patch like that.

I’m guessing it’ll have the heritage armors for the forsaken and night elves. With Sylvanas’ and Tyrande’s current arcs ending at the same time, it’d be good timing for them.

God I hope they don’t fuck up the Forsaken’s heritage armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    And those could also reward the Forsaken and Night Elf heritage armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I’m guessing it’ll have the heritage armors for the forsaken and night elves.

Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Forsaken got racially themed armor from the warfronts. Those races are definitely at the back of the line for Heritage armor.

I bet you we'll see Draenei+Darkspear Troll or Pandaren first.
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Humans, Orcs, Night Elves and Forsaken got racially themed armor from the warfronts. Those races are definitely at the back of the line for Heritage armor.

No, it's going to be Nelf and Forsaken as they are the most important races in Shadowlands. The Warfront stuff means nothing. As has been mentioned, Sylvanas will have been judged and Tyrande will have judged her, so they can follow up on those plotlines and how the races view what happened.

Draenei and Pandaren are absent, Darkspear have a hook with Vol'jin but thats it.

There needs to be a 9.2.5 to at least keep the players who are still subbed and it needs to be a large one, even if 10.0 comes out at the end of next year. The latter might or might not happen, I guess Blizz will polish this to the extreme, just to not mess up a third time in the row, so they need to be hungry for more again.

My wish/predictions:
    1.Covenant Races
    I know they are regarded critical for lore reasons, but as long as they are souls given changed bodies I can see them coming to Azeroth. Maybe the Jailor does win, or Denathrius plays a trick, or the political scenery changes or the Eternal Ones decide to help us protecting this important world of ours and send some of their forces. I would even like to see six new races.

Alliance: Ascended Kyrians, Sylvians, Stewards
    Horde:Venthyrs, Skeletons/Necromancers, Stoneborns

Ascended Kyrians and Stoneborn would bring self-powered flight. Stewards and Skeletons/Necromancers might be the first one-gendered race. This would be enough selling points to make them interesting.

2.Small Raid
    Depending on how long the wait is, there might be a raid in the style of Crucible of Storms/Ruby Sanctum. Nothing large, but a few new mechanics, maybe as test for 10.0 and an adjustable difficulty. Drust/Brokers/Other Afterlives ... there are so many good settings they could try.

3.Cross-faction-raids/instances
    I don't want to destroy the faction divide. Let there still be tensions between Horde and Alliance, but there is no reason why a few adventurers of both sides wouldn't fight together against a larger threat. Of course this would make 10.0 more interesting, but why not start with it now, just to show that they listen and change things.

4.More heritage-armor
    Seems to be the time for it, but if 10.0 brings the rework of large areas it might be even better then.

5.Lore progression
    Blizz did really a poor job of showing the consequences for the world, the lost souls, etc. ... Showing what is up with the Scourge. An episode of showing all the souls now freed from the Maw. Showing who will rule there by the way?! Reunions. Departures. Hints of other Afterlives. Blizz also needs to introduce the major themes of the next expansion better than the ones of Shadowlands, so maybe a glimpse of the Dragon Afterlife shown to Neltharion when he comes to visit Anduin?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    No, it's going to be Nelf and Forsaken as they are the most important races in Shadowlands. The Warfront stuff means nothing. As has been mentioned, Sylvanas will have been judged and Tyrande will have judged her, so they can follow up on those plotlines and how the races view what happened.

Draenei and Pandaren are absent, Darkspear have a hook with Vol'jin but thats it.
    First of all, Forsaken have had no actual relevance in Shadowlands so far since Sylvanas isn't their faction leader anymore.

Second of all, previous Heritage armors haven't been based on the races relevance to the story at the time. The Dwarven, Gnome, Worgen, Tauren and Blood Elf heritage armor quest lines all had nothing to do with the ongoing story, and the Goblin quests at best served to let us known that Gazlowe had taken over for Gallywix as the leader of the Bilgewater Cartel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

That's not really what's going to determine when which race gets their heritage. The heritage armor questlines are put in to give you insight into what being a member of that race is all about. So they're most likely to aim for it when there's relevant developments to show off.

For Forsaken and Night Elves, it's very likely we'll see them establish a new home soon. That's the perfect time to give them their Heritage set. And it would be quite unexpected if Blizzard doesn't use it for that.

Don't get me wrong, clearly Darkspear and Pandaren need theirs too, and I definitely look forward to that. But they're less vital. I'm sure Vol'jin may feature in the Darkspear questline. And he just got put into a Wildseed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's always a bridge patch, always.

But I will say Wrath Classic is not guaranteed. In fact where BC is phase-wise I think it's highly unlikely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If there is a 9.2.5 patch my guess would be possibly heritage armors and possible a set of ARs to grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect we'll likely have a 9.2.5 if for no other reason than to get some pre-order content into the hands of players, even if 10.0 comes out this year. Given how I expect 10.0 to be pure candy to try & lure people back, here's some of what I could see for 9.2.5.

1. Pre-order bonus of new races/class
    I suspect we'll see a new class in 10.0, though which is debatable. If not, we'll almost certainly get new races to give a better pre-order bonus than Shadowlands had. Blizz will want this in player hands sooner rather than later to get sales up, so I foresee this coming in 9.2.5. If we get a new class, my first guess is that it'll be Dragonsworn that'll be playable by all races, pending expansion concept of course. If we get new races, I could absolutely see Arakkoa & Ogres taking up that slot, also pending expansion concept.

2. Cross Faction Everything
    This is another piece to draw people back to the game. Allowing people to raid/group cross faction will do wonders to bring people back, especially if it's a way to build out a raid team for Sepulcher & 10.0. If this is coming (and I suspect it is), I don't see Blizz sitting on this until 10.0.

3. New Storylines
    We'll probably get something small to transition the story to the next expansion, similar to what the Azerite quests were before BfA.

4. Timewalking adjustments
    I could absolutely see them getting moved to their own calendar & getting their own rotation. Possibly one each week or each going two weeks at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    9.2.5 is quite likely, and will probably include things such as new customization for dark iron, mag'har, zandalari and kul tirans (and void elves because apparently they just can't get enough!), some fixes, class balances and maybe something akin to new Timewalking or some such.
    They really need to separate mustache and beard options for Dark Iron Dwarves, and Kul Tiran Females could really use some new customizations.

Also when are they gonna let female dwarves have beards? Cowards!

- - - Updated - - -

1. Pre-order bonus of new races/class
    Sincerely hoping for class skins, or unlockabke race/class combinations that aren't available by default. It'd diminish their rarity and coolness if everyone could be an Undead Paladin, but how awesome would it be to have a quest that unlocks them similar to allied races? Allows an endless amount of combinations with none of the lore constraints; it doesn't matter that the majority of Draenei hate Warlocks, so long as you can have one short questline explaining that there's one that exists, living in hiding. The kind of thing that Night Elf Paladin in Legion got.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-01-08 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Sincerely hoping for class skins, or unlockabke race/class combinations that aren't available by default. It'd diminish their rarity and coolness if everyone could be an Undead Paladin, but how awesome would it be to have a quest that unlocks them similar to allied races? Allows an endless amount of combinations with none of the lore constraints; it doesn't matter that the majority of Draenei hate Warlocks, so long as you can have one short questline explaining that there's one that exists, living in hiding. The kind of thing that Night Elf Paladin in Legion got.
    While I see kind of what you are saying (making it unlockable via quests & the like), I feel like Allied Races show largely why there might be issues with that idea. How many people have we seen upset that they have to level a character to a certain level and get certain achievements/rep to unlock a new character that then also has to be leveled? In the case of an Undead Paladin, you'd need another character to do whatever unlock chain there is in order to get your new Undead Paladin...which would likely then start at a low level. That's likely to feel a bit weird.

That being said, I do see some benefits to that & it would allow for combos that people have wanted for years (such as Undead Paladins & Draenei Warlocks) to be added without fully destroying the lore. And for that matter, unlockable class skins could be a cool feature, especially if it's something where new skins are constantly being added even after the first set is released.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2022-01-08 at 07:29 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They really need to separate mustache and beard options for Dark Iron Dwarves, and Kul Tiran Females could really use some new customizations.

Also when are they gonna let female dwarves have beards? Cowards!

- - - Updated - - -

And I'd love if if Mag'har could use the regular orc hair/beard styles - or at least just a few of them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann